PDA

View Full Version : 'Politics of insult' alive and well despite Obama's 2008 lament. Classless

garyo
10-30-2012, 02:35 PM
The fruit does't fall far from the tree when it comes to classless lefties, but they are just following their leader.:afro:

Four years ago, then-candidate Barack Obama decried what he described as "the politics of insult."

"You don't deserve a bunch of name-calling," he told a Virginia crowd in the summer of 2008. "You don't deserve a bunch of mudslinging."
But lately, there have been more than a few insults flying on the 2012 campaign trail. Whether it's with cute turns of phrase like "Romnesia" or more serious invective, the president's campaign has gotten increasingly aggressive over the last few weeks in its denunciation of Mitt Romney.
The tone likely reflects the polls, which have been tightening ever since the Republican nominee's opening debate performance. Whatever the reason, it's evident that the "politics of insult" have not faded.
The following were overheard on the 2012 campaign trail:
"Bullsh--ter"
The president took a rip at Romney after a recent interview with Rolling Stone. In the article, published over the weekend, writer and historian Douglas Brinkley said that editor Eric Bates told the president that when he asked his six-year-old daughter if she wanted to say anything to Obama, she said: "Tell him: You can do it."
According to the piece, Obama then said: "Kids have good instincts. ... They look at the other guy and say, 'Well, that's a bullsh--ter, I can tell.'"

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/29/politics-insult-alive-and-well-despite-obama-2008-lament/#ixzz2AoRkicrD

Cigar
10-30-2012, 02:39 PM
Do I have your permission to go work-out now?

I know it's not 5:00 ... but screw you ... I'm the Boss

Besides ... it looks like there's a lull in relevant Threads :smiley_ROFLMAO:

Peace MF'ers :headbang:

garyo
10-30-2012, 02:44 PM
Do you work out with your left or right hand?:pw::pw::pw::pw::pw:

Calypso Jones
10-30-2012, 10:55 PM
It's more than just obama. Chris Matthews excels at this.. I don't mean he's good at it, he just does it alot.

Lately: people who don't believe in global warming are pigs.