PDA

View Full Version : In My Opinion The Only Way.......

Robo
03-10-2017, 09:53 AM
If Republicans and Democrats, (elected or just voting supporters), really gave a damn about America’s healthcare and our Constitution, they’d repeal all federal healthcare programs because they’re not constitutional, (see amendment 10, United States Constitution), and distribute all federal collected money therewith to the States and or the people and support amendment 10 and simply allow the States and or the people to decide and or institute their own healthcare programs.

Also, every dime of healthcare money spent on healthcare and healthcare insurance should be exempt from all federal and State income taxation.

Furthermore, the only authority the federal government has over healthcare is the regulation of the commerce of it among the several States. Thus, Congress should pass and the President should sign legislation making interstate commerce of healthcare insurance a legal right of the customer.

Crepitus
03-10-2017, 09:58 AM
That's insane.

Remove all federal regulations over healthcare and millions of people will start dying within the year.

Subdermal
03-10-2017, 03:15 PM
That's insane.

Remove all federal regulations over healthcare and millions of people will start dying within the year.

Because the people and professionals in healthcare think the best way to make a living in their profession is to kill their clientele?

Please elaborate.

Tahuyaman
03-10-2017, 05:34 PM
Lol.....

Doublejack
03-10-2017, 05:38 PM
Because the people and professionals in healthcare think the best way to make a living in their profession is to kill their clientele?

Please elaborate.

Is it a long term illness from a wealthy patient requiring years of steady profits from the sick person? Accepted.

Is it a short term illness from a poor person with no chance of profit? Denied

Yea thats kinda why.

Tahuyaman
03-10-2017, 06:41 PM
That's insane.

He didn't say abolish all federal regulations.

Peter1469
03-10-2017, 06:46 PM
Why?

That's insane.

Robo
03-10-2017, 07:49 PM
That's insane.

Have any specifics and evidence of that? What's your problem with State regulations?

Robo
03-10-2017, 07:52 PM

Federal regulations only apply relative to interstate commerce.

DGUtley
03-10-2017, 08:01 PM
That's insane. Remove all federal regulations over healthcare and millions of people will start dying within the year.

Because?

Crepitus
03-10-2017, 09:06 PM

Please elaborate.

Look how well it went when we deregulated the financial industry.

jimmyz
03-10-2017, 09:14 PM
@the OP your wants take a back seat to what the Big-Health lobby tells your Congressman. Save in an HSA and pray brother@
!

Crepitus
03-10-2017, 09:41 PM

Read read the post. That is indeed what he said, just not in so many words.

Crepitus
03-10-2017, 09:42 PM
Why?

Look at how well bank deregulation went.

Crepitus
03-10-2017, 09:44 PM
Have any specifics and evidence of that? What's your problem with State regulations?

No problem, if they had them. They really don't. And I for one wouldn't trust me state legislature to regulate a child's tea party.

Crepitus
03-10-2017, 09:47 PM
Because?

Look above please.

Tahuyaman
03-10-2017, 11:48 PM
Read read the post. That is indeed what he said, just not in so many words.
He said federal programs should be abolished as they are unconstitutional.

Crepitus
03-11-2017, 12:05 AM
He said federal programs should be abolished as they are unconstitutional.

Dude, why are we still playing this game? He answered you himself, that is indeed what he meant.

I think you just want to argue.

Tahuyaman
03-11-2017, 12:41 AM
Dude, why are we still playing this game?... .. I don't know, you tell me ?

decedent
03-11-2017, 01:16 AM

Please elaborate.

Alex Lange, a 4-month-old, was denied health insurance because he is in the 99th percentile for height and weight for a baby his age, making him technically obese, according to pediatric guidelines. (Some insurers consider obesity a preexisting condition for which they can limit or deny coverage, but the guidelines only apply to children ages 2 and older.) The breast-fed infant from Colorado was born at a normal 8 1/4 pounds and grew to 17 pounds in just a few months. After media attention, the insurance company reversed its decision and decided it would cover all healthy babies, no matter their weight.

Nataline Sarkisyan was diagnosed with leukemia at age 14. The disease had gone into remission, but following a relapse and a subsequent bone-marrow transplant, her liver failed due to a blood-clotting complication. She died at 17, mere hours after her insurance company, Cigna, announced that it would cover a liver transplant, which it had previously rejected as being "experimental, investigational, and unproven."

New Mexico attorney Jody Neal-Post says she was beaten and choked by her ex-husband in 2002. Following the incident, she was treated with counseling and Valium. When she tried to get health insurance in 2006, she was rejected because of this medical history

In 2001, Jacqueline Ruess underwent laparoscopic surgery for a growth her gynecologist thought could be ovarian cancer. Four months later she faced a bill of more than $15,000 because of a lone mention in her file of "dysfunctional uterine bleeding," according to a 2008 article in "Self" magazine. The insurance company deemed this diagnosis - a technical term for irregular periods - evidence of a preexisting condition.

Rosalinda Miran-Ramirez woke up with her shirt soaked in blood. Leaking blood from her nipple, she rushed to the emergency room. Doctors discovered a benign tumor. Her insurance company originally agreed to pay the emergency room claim, but later changed its mind and sent her a bill for almost $3,000, because after reviewing the claim, the company decided Miran-Ramirez should have realized there was no emergency.

Source: http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/health-insurance-horror-stories/8/

Robo
03-11-2017, 10:09 AM
No problem, if they had them. They really don't. And I for one wouldn't trust me state legislature to regulate a child's tea party.

But you trust a bloated BIG government full of incompetents, right? I trust the idiots closer to home more, we know who all of them are and which ones we should get rid of.

Robo
03-11-2017, 10:17 AM
Alex Lange, a 4-month-old, was denied health insurance because he is in the 99th percentile for height and weight for a baby his age, making him technically obese, according to pediatric guidelines. (Some insurers consider obesity a preexisting condition for which they can limit or deny coverage, but the guidelines only apply to children ages 2 and older.) The breast-fed infant from Colorado was born at a normal 8 1/4 pounds and grew to 17 pounds in just a few months. After media attention, the insurance company reversed its decision and decided it would cover all healthy babies, no matter their weight.

Nataline Sarkisyan was diagnosed with leukemia at age 14. The disease had gone into remission, but following a relapse and a subsequent bone-marrow transplant, her liver failed due to a blood-clotting complication. She died at 17, mere hours after her insurance company, Cigna, announced that it would cover a liver transplant, which it had previously rejected as being "experimental, investigational, and unproven."

New Mexico attorney Jody Neal-Post says she was beaten and choked by her ex-husband in 2002. Following the incident, she was treated with counseling and Valium. When she tried to get health insurance in 2006, she was rejected because of this medical history

In 2001, Jacqueline Ruess underwent laparoscopic surgery for a growth her gynecologist thought could be ovarian cancer. Four months later she faced a bill of more than $15,000 because of a lone mention in her file of "dysfunctional uterine bleeding," according to a 2008 article in "Self" magazine. The insurance company deemed this diagnosis - a technical term for irregular periods - evidence of a preexisting condition.

Rosalinda Miran-Ramirez woke up with her shirt soaked in blood. Leaking blood from her nipple, she rushed to the emergency room. Doctors discovered a benign tumor. Her insurance company originally agreed to pay the emergency room claim, but later changed its mind and sent her a bill for almost $3,000, because after reviewing the claim, the company decided Miran-Ramirez should have realized there was no emergency.

Source: http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/health-insurance-horror-stories/8/

"If you like your insurance policy, you can keep it." "If you like your doctor you can keep him/her." "The ACA will bring down insurance premiums."

That's more reliable than the private market, right? That's better than a State regulated, and if decided, a State healthcare program in accordance with amendment 10 of our Constitution, right?

Crepitus
03-11-2017, 10:34 AM
But you trust a bloated BIG government full of incompetents, right? I trust the idiots closer to home more, we know who all of them are and which ones we should get rid of.

Yea, well you don't live in kansas either.

decedent
03-11-2017, 11:50 AM
That's more reliable than the private market, right?

The private market failed. People demanded the government step in. They did. They came up with something much better. It's not perfect but at least millions more people get healthcare access at an affordable rate. This was a huge leap forward and I believe the steadily improving economy is one of the results of improved healthcare.

Robo
03-11-2017, 06:23 PM
Yea, well you don't live in kansas either.

If you live in Kansas, you can vote for/against your representatives. You should know who they are because they represent YOU. You can't vote for anybody else in the Congress except the President. You have no power to vote out the overwhelming majority of the Congress. They can collectively shove it to you without any recourse from you. That's why the idiots and crooks nearest to you in your own State are less dangerous to you. That's why our founders gave the States the majority of legislative powers and only authorized the feds to legislate those things the Individual States or the people couldn't do for themselves, military, interstate commerce, declaring wars, post offices, and the rest authorized to the feds by article one section eight of the Constitution.

Another value of that genius is States can learn from each other and create best/better programs. People can vote with their feet and move to the States that suit their particular ideological agendas.

Crepitus
03-11-2017, 06:30 PM
If you live in Kansas, you can vote for/against your representatives. You should know who they are because they represent YOU. You can't vote for anybody else in the Congress except the President. You have no power to vote out the overwhelming majority of the Congress. They can collectively shove it to you without any recourse from you. That's why the idiots and crooks nearest to you in your own State are less dangerous to you. That's why our founders gave the States the majority of legislative powers and only authorized the feds to legislate those things the Individual States or the people couldn't do for themselves, military, interstate commerce, declaring wars, post offices, and the rest authorized to the feds by article one section eight of the Constitution.

Another value of that genius is States can learn from each other and create best/better programs. People can vote with their feet and move to the States that suit their particular ideological agendas.

I am lost in a sea of single issue redneck republicans here. Here is where my business and family are.

Robo
03-11-2017, 06:32 PM
The private market failed. People demanded the government step in. They did. They came up with something much better. It's not perfect but at least millions more people get healthcare access at an affordable rate. This was a huge leap forward and I believe the steadily improving economy is one of the results of improved healthcare.
I disagree! The private market didn't fail, Kennedy and LBJ started messing with healthcare with Medicare and Medicaid then the private market place began going down the toilet. Obamacare has it ready for a flush! The federal Republicans can't fix it. Only the Constitution and the States can establish the programs best suited to their individual States. The only real fix the feds can do constitutionally is make all money spent by taxpayers for healthcare and health insurance totally exempt from federal income tax and regulate interstate commerce of it by making it legal to be sold accross State lines.

Cletus
03-11-2017, 06:37 PM
That's insane.

Millions of people die every year in the US anyway. I think the average annual death rate in the United States is somewhere between 2.4 and 2.7 million people.

Robo
03-11-2017, 06:41 PM
I am lost in a sea of single issue redneck republicans here. Here is where my business and family are.
Relative to your healthcare your State redneck Republicans aren't your worse problem, you can vote them out. Your major problem with your healthcare is the idiot feds in Washington. You're of little to no interest to them. The healthcare screwing is a never ending battle of the idiots in the swamp. They've violated the Constitution to its worthlessness and irreversible restoration short of a revolution.

Crepitus
03-11-2017, 06:45 PM
Relative to your healthcare your State redneck Republicans aren't your worse problem, you can vote them out. Your major problem with your healthcare is the idiot feds in Washington. You're of little to no interest to them. The healthcare screwing is a never ending battle of the idiots in the swamp. They've violated the Constitution to its worthlessness and irreversible restoration short of a revolution.

Not true here.

Robo
03-12-2017, 12:25 PM
Not true here.

It's true everywhere in the country. Washington is the problem!

Crepitus
03-12-2017, 12:27 PM
It's true everywhere in the country. Washington is the problem!

Not true here.

decedent
03-12-2017, 03:17 PM
I disagree! The private market didn't fail, Kennedy and LBJ started messing with healthcare with Medicare and Medicaid then the private market place began going down the toilet. Obamacare has it ready for a flush! The federal Republicans can't fix it. Only the Constitution and the States can establish the programs best suited to their individual States. The only real fix the feds can do constitutionally is make all money spent by taxpayers for healthcare and health insurance totally exempt from federal income tax and regulate interstate commerce of it by making it legal to be sold accross State lines.

Did Kennedy and LBJ create pre-existing condition clauses, allowing insurers to cancel policies when patients got sick, despite paying insurance for years?

Obamacare ended that scam.

Peter1469
03-12-2017, 06:47 PM
Did Kennedy and LBJ create pre-existing condition clauses, allowing insurers to cancel policies when patients got sick, despite paying insurance for years?

Cancel your homeowners insurance.

Start a fire in your bedroom.

Call for insurance. How much do you think it will cost?

Robo
03-13-2017, 10:34 AM

Any State law could eliminate that scam for the people in their particular State.

For your information before Kennedy and LBJ and Medicare and Medicaid, charities, hospitals and doctors donated time money and facilities at low cost and no cost to the poor and people with preexisting conditions that couldn't afford insurance. When the feds took over healthcare with their mountains of regulations and paperwork, those clinics closed their doors and doctors stopped making house calls.

decedent
03-13-2017, 02:12 PM
Cancel your homeowners insurance.

Start a fire in your bedroom.

Call for insurance. How much do you think it will cost?

That would be irresponsible.

Responsible people with health insurance were denied for large claims after decades of paying for that policy.

Any State law could eliminate that scam for the people in their particular State.

But they didn't.

For your information before Kennedy and LBJ and Medicare and Medicaid, charities, hospitals and doctors donated time money and facilities at low cost and no cost to the poor and people with preexisting conditions that couldn't afford insurance. When the feds took over healthcare with their mountains of regulations and paperwork, those clinics closed their doors and doctors stopped making house calls.

I'm all for charity, but selfish people never contribute. Social programs funded by progressive taxation makes sure that everyone pulls their weight.

Peter1469
03-13-2017, 04:09 PM
It was meant to assist you in understanding what the word insurance meant.

It failed I see.

Responsible people with health insurance were denied for large claims after decades of paying for that policy.

But they didn't.

I'm all for charity, but selfish people never contribute. Social programs funded by progressive taxation makes sure that everyone pulls their weight.

decedent
03-13-2017, 04:43 PM
It was meant to assist you in understanding what the word insurance meant.

It failed I see.

What does that have to do with private insurers scamming their customers by exploiting preexisting condition clauses?

Robo
03-13-2017, 06:45 PM

But they didn't.

They didn't because the feds have taken over the healthcare system and control every aspect of it. The States and the people have been rendered impotent drones of the Washington cartel.

America's citizens are the most charitable people on earth and the system worked well before the meddling of the feds.

Progressive-ism only ensures an equal sharing of misery.

decedent
03-13-2017, 06:55 PM
They didn't because the feds have taken over the healthcare system and control every aspect of it. The States and the people have been rendered impotent drones of the Washington cartel.

There was actually very little control, and insurers were scamming their customers. This can't be news to you.

America's citizens are the most charitable people on earth and the system worked well before the meddling of the feds.

I don't understand this comment. Are you saying that charity paid for everyone's healthcare before the feds got involved?

Progressive-ism only ensures an equal sharing of misery.

Lucky you.... I have a lot to share.

Robo
03-14-2017, 10:41 AM
There was actually very little control, and insurers were scamming their customers. This can't be news to you.

I'm 80 years old. I've lived through America's healthcare fiasco. What you claim is news to me.

I repeat, Healthcare wasn't terribly expensive. Most people could pay cash out of their pockets for their family doctor's office visit. Most people could afford what we called "Hospital Insurance." Every State I lived in regulated healthcare insurance and had laws that prevented insurance providers throwing people with preexisting conditions off of policies they'd had and been paying premiums on.

There were clinics supported by charities donations, hospitals who provided properties and instrumentation and financial donations and doctors that donated money and time and payments for services were either no-pay, or low-pay.

Family doctors made house calls regularly. The poor were cared for and most middle and upper class people had "Hospital Insurance."

I don't understand this comment. Are you saying that charity paid for everyone's healthcare before the feds got involved?

Your kidding right?

I'm saying the poor were taken care of by charities clinics, hospitals and doctors. Doctors made house calls too. Charities donated to the hospitals and their clinics for poor folks operations and out-patient healthcare through low-pay no-pay serviuces based on their ability to pay. Middle and upper class folks mostly could afford to pay cash out of pocket for family doctor visits and they also could afford what we called "Hospital Insurance."

I hope you can understand that.

decedent
03-14-2017, 04:07 PM
I'm 80 years old. I've lived through America's healthcare fiasco. What you claim is news to me.

I repeat, Healthcare wasn't terribly expensive. Most people could pay cash out of their pockets for their family doctor's office visit. Most people could afford what we called "Hospital Insurance." Every State I lived in regulated healthcare insurance and had laws that prevented insurance providers throwing people with preexisting conditions off of policies they'd had and been paying premiums on.

There were clinics supported by charities donations, hospitals who provided properties and instrumentation and financial donations and doctors that donated money and time and payments for services were either no-pay, or low-pay.

Family doctors made house calls regularly. The poor were cared for and most middle and upper class people had "Hospital Insurance."

Your kidding right?

I'm saying the poor were taken care of by charities clinics, hospitals and doctors. Doctors made house calls too. Charities donated to the hospitals and their clinics for poor folks operations and out-patient healthcare through low-pay no-pay serviuces based on their ability to pay. Middle and upper class folks mostly could afford to pay cash out of pocket for family doctor visits and they also could afford what we called "Hospital Insurance."

I hope you can understand that.
I'm half your age, but I'm old enough to remember when people couldn't afford most of what you claim they could. There's this thing called "poverty", and it's what prevents people from accessing private healthcare. I'm sure that charities helped a few people but as we should all remember, millions of people still couldn't get healthcare access. This is why there was a nationwide push for healthcare reform.

MisterVeritis
03-14-2017, 04:13 PM
That's insane.
Are you implying that people do not die in your Utopian world?

Peter1469
03-14-2017, 04:16 PM
A lot of that poverty is directly caused by government programs that created a generational trap- a cycle of poverty.
I'm half your age, but I'm old enough to remember when people couldn't afford most of what you claim they could. There's this thing called "poverty", and it's what prevents people from accessing private healthcare. I'm sure that charities helped a few people but as we should all remember, millions of people still couldn't get healthcare access. This is why there was a nationwide push for healthcare reform.

Crepitus
03-14-2017, 04:29 PM
Are you implying that people do not die in your Utopian world?

Thats a nice straw man. Too bad it took you 4 days to build and it isn't gonna go anywhere.

Robo
03-15-2017, 08:45 AM

Which hospitals do you know of who ever turned away an impoverished person who needed healthcare?'

Like 50 years ago the federal government began messing in healthcare. You were born into the healthcare system already screwed up by the feds. Do you remember the low-cost and no-cost clinics? Do you remember doctors making house calls?

It'd be nice if the left would bring just a few of those people forward to testify how they were refused healthcare in America. I don't know any of those people and never did. Everybody in my lifetime has received healthcare in America if they sought it.