PDA

View Full Version : Occupy San Diego Protester Dies in Fall

Conley
10-10-2011, 06:08 PM
SAN DIEGO — Police are investigating the death of a man who fell, jumped or was pushed from a parking structure at City Hall Monday afternoon, authorities said.

A witness told police that the man was possibly hanging a sign off the parking structure when he fell several stories and landed in the concourse area near Golden Hall about 3:15 p.m., San Diego police said.

About 200 to 300 protesters with the Occupy San Diego movement are stationed in the plaza nearby.

The area in front of Downtown Johnny Brown’s is cordoned off for the investigation.

The Occupy protesters have already begun to organize a candlelight vigil for the person tonight.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/oct/10/police-investigate-death-city-hall-concourse/

That's just sad. How pointless. :(

Mister D
10-10-2011, 06:27 PM
Why are they trying to occupy San Diego? Are people that upset about the Chargers? ???

Conley
10-10-2011, 06:32 PM
Why are they trying to occupy San Diego? Are people that upset about the Chargers? ???

Now that would be a cause worth getting behind! :D

Apparently illegals getting to apply for financial aid from the state is not enough ::)

Conley
10-10-2011, 07:05 PM
Apparently it was a suicide, not a protester. Sorry for jumping the gun, they've changed the newspaper article now.

Mister D
10-10-2011, 07:06 PM

Apparently illegals getting to apply for financial aid from the state is not enough ::)

Not enough? You'd think they'd be upset about the whole concept! ??? ::) :o

Mister D
10-10-2011, 07:07 PM
Apparently it was a suicide, not a protester. Sorry for jumping the gun, they've changed the newspaper article now.

Sheesh...I'm afraid of heights.

Conley
10-10-2011, 07:11 PM

Except that some of these protesters are fighting El Diablo Blanco.

Mister D
10-10-2011, 07:12 PM

Ah, I see. I thought they were just you're run of the mill middle class white liberals.

Conley
10-10-2011, 07:13 PM

Ah, I see. I thought they were just you're run of the mill middle class white liberals.

Yeah, it's a very strange mix from what I've seen on the news. 60s hippies, homeless, middle class white kids and Hispanics.

Mister D
10-10-2011, 07:18 PM

Yeah, it's a very strange mix from what I've seen on the news. 60s hippies, homeless, middle class white kids and Hispanics.

Sounds like the Wall Street protest minus the Hispanics.

MMC
10-11-2011, 01:06 AM
They did the same in Chicago too.....Occupy the streets and bitch about the rich and Anti-Capaitalistic morals. Problem is in NY, L.A., and Chiicago.....those State and City Governments are ran by the left and Democrats. Wonder why they are not bringing up those facts? Why are no MSM Reporters asking them about that? About the High Taxes in their Cities and States. Why do they say they need to have an issue instead of reporting? Like that over half in each place are people out of work.

Wonder if they would all want to get out cause traffic jams and hangout in the dead of winter for their Morality? When it is below zero, winds a whipping, snow and ice dominate the scene.