PDA

View Full Version : The GOP’s ObamaCare replacement will boost jobs and cut taxes.....

MMC
03-11-2017, 11:26 AM
Ignore the grandstanding on Capitol Hill and the noise coming from town-hall protests around the nation. The Republican bill to repeal and replace ObamaCare will boost your chances of getting a job and cut your tax bill, not to mention your insurance costs.

The repeal bill — called the American Health Care Act — also will stave off a tidal wave of future Medicaid spending that threatens to drown the states and Uncle Sam in red ink. Here’s how.

No more penalties. If you’re among the 8 million people getting whacked with a tax penalty for not enrolling in an overpriced ObamaCare plan, the repeal bill is good news. The federal government will no longer compel you to buy insurance.

The repeal bill also cancels penalties on employers. ObamaCare forced all but the smallest employers to provide a benefits package far costlier than what they had been offering prior to the reform. Employers then passed these costs onto workers, raising deductibles by 50 percent on about 155 million people.

Without repealing ObamaCare, there would be 2 million fewer people with full-time jobs by 2025, according to the Congressional Budget Office. The repeal bill is a jobs program.

Lower taxes. It’s also a massive $600 billion tax cut. It eliminates taxes that pushed up the costs of insurance and devices like artificial hips. It also allows people to put aside more earnings tax-free in a health-savings account for out-of-pocket health expenses.

And it eliminates the taxes that targeted people earning more than $200,000 a year, including the ObamaCare payroll tax hike (2.35 percent) and the 3.8 percent ObamaCare tax on unearned income......snip~

http://nypost.com/2017/03/10/the-gops-obamacare-replacement-will-boost-jobs-and-cut-taxes/

Yep.....it will get rid of BO peeps taxes and it will create jobs. Now companies and or business with less than 50 employees will be able to hire. As Ryan stated it will be done in 3 phases. Naturally the Demos will deny distract and outright lie, in their obstruction. For them anything goes to try and save the Peeps legacy.

MisterVeritis
03-11-2017, 11:31 AM
Ignore the grandstanding on Capitol Hill and the noise coming from town-hall protests around the nation. The Republican bill to repeal and replace ObamaCare will boost your chances of getting a job and cut your tax bill, not to mention your insurance costs.

This is complete establishment Republican nonsense.

Obamacare 2.0 will be as harmful, if not more harmful that the failing Obamacare 1.0.

The Republican party needs to completely repeal the law and opt for individual liberty.

MMC
03-11-2017, 11:44 AM
This is complete establishment Republican nonsense.

Obamacare 2.0 will be as harmful, if not more harmful that the failing Obamacare 1.0.

The Republican party needs to completely repeal the law and opt for individual liberty.

This is the way it has to be done due to the Obstruction by Demos in the Senate. That's why Ryan noted that it will be done in 3 phases. The Demos can't do anything about it.....with the way the House Repubs are rolling it out. Its a budget reconciliation process. Moreover.....this is what a lot of Repubs ran on and they can't afford to let it linger around.

Medicaid fix. Repeal rescues the nation from a looming financial calamity.

Medicaid, the public program for low-income people, has grown explosively under ObamaCare. Medicaid now covers 74 million. The ACA encouraged states to expand enrollment by promising the federal government would pay between 90 percent and 100 percent of the cost. That’s like handing your teenager your credit card.

State politicians eager to rake in federal funds spent with abandon. More than half of all federal dollars now going to the states are for Medicaid.

And Medicaid spending per recipient is growing twice as fast as Medicare for seniors. But without improving health outcomes, like controlling blood pressure.

You pay for Medicaid costs twice: first as a taxpayer and again as a consumer. Because Medicaid reimburses hospitals and doctors only 90 cents for every dollar of care, the shortfall gets shifted onto patients with private insurance, adding about $1,800 a year to your premium. Ouch.

Disregard shrill complaints from ObamaCare partisans like Zeke Emanuel that reforming Medicaid is “cruel.” The repeal bill protects Americans who need Medicaid, grandfathering in everyone enrolled through 2019. No one will lose coverage. But states are put on an allowance after 2019. Medicaid reform is long overdue, and this repeal bill launches it......snip~

http://nypost.com/2017/03/10/the-gops-obamacare-replacement-will-boost-jobs-and-cut-taxes/

MMC
03-11-2017, 12:25 PM
Here was Ryan being interviewed by Hugh Hewitt. Oh and Ryan was prepared for the criticism on the Repubs plan.

House Speaker Paul Ryan On The #AHCA

Anyway, let’s get to work. I think you’ve done a very good job explaining the American Health Care Act as a multi-act play. We are in Act I, Scene III. Scene I, you introduce the bill. Scene II, Ways and Means. Scene III, Commerce. Scene IV is the Budget Committee. When do you get out of the Budget Committee with this bill, Mr. Speaker?

PR: That is next week. I think Wednesday they are bringing it up. It could be Tuesday, but I I’m pretty sure it’s Wednesday. And then, you go to the Rules Committee. So just so everybody understands, this is regular order. This is how the system was supposed to work, unlike the way the Democrats did it. Let me step back. We spent January to June of 2016 designing this plan where every House Republican participated if they wanted to in how to design this plan. That gave us the Better Way Agenda. It was basically modeled off of Tom Price’s legislation. And then, we introduced it to the country in June of 2016, and we all ran for election saying here is our plan to repeal and replace. Then, we win the election. Then, we proceed to work with the Trump administration, our Senate counterparts and the House Committees to take that plan and translate it into legislative text. Seven member meetings in February alone inviting feedback and explaining provisions to any House Republican who wants to see it. Then, you introduce it on Monday. The committees mark it up on Wednesday. Ways and Means, Commerce, now coming to Budget week 2. Week 3, Rules Committee and the floor. That is regular order. That’s as clear and transparent as it can ever get.

PR: Well, I love this, because we’ve gotten criticized by other folks in the conservative movement for waiting too long. I think Drudge was hitting me for dragging our feet and not getting it done in time. Going too fast? Let me just describe what our 200 day plan is that we’ve mapped out with the President. First, repeal and replace Obamacare, then get Judge Gorsuch on the bench, then get the military funded, then get tax reform and the budget going. We have to do all of those things. Think of legislation as one train track with a bunch of trains on the track. If you don’t get these trains through the system, it slows everything else down. So if we didn’t get this done in time, according to our schedule, and we’re planning five weeks over this, this is a five week process of passing this bill, which is fairly lengthy. It slows absolutely everything down, pushes tax reform off past the summer. And the last thing we want to do is see the entire agenda that we all ran on, that we committed to our constituents we would act on, pushed outside of 2017. And so we think we’re doing this in a deliberative way. We spent a year on this legislation. Our members campaigned on this bill. Heck, about a dozen Freedom Caucus members co-sponsored the Price bill, which is what this is. So this reflects a Republican consensus, and that’s the point. It’s a consensus bill. That’s, we’re going through the growing pains of being an opposition party with Barack Obama to actually being a governing party with a Republican President Donald Trump. And that means we have to reach consensus on Republican priorities and principles. This reflects that. I think the big confusion is how reconciliation works, how the tools in the Senate are so narrow you can’t have everything you want in one piece of legislation. That’s why we have a three prong approach here, and that’s what I was explaining endlessly to people as recently as yesterday, how there’s three approaches here. This is the first part of a three-part approach to repealing and replacing Obamacare.

PR: Oh, for sure. It’s, welfare reform is a $16 billion dollar program. We’re talking about trillions in the end here in this program. We’re talking about hundreds of billions a year throughout the country. This is, this is so much bigger by orders of magnitude than welfare reform, because let me just describe exactly what this bill does for conservatives. This is why I’m so excited about it, and this is why I think people need to see the forest through the trees. We are de-federalizing an entitlement, bloc granting it back to the states, and capping its growth rate. That’s never been done before......snip~

http://www.hughhewitt.com/house-spea...ca/#more-33207 (http://www.hughhewitt.com/house-speaker-paul-ryan-ahca/#more-33207)

MisterVeritis
03-11-2017, 01:54 PM
This is the way it has to be done due to the Obstruction by Demos in the Senate. That's why Ryan noted that it will be done in 3 phases. The Demos can't do anything about it.....with the way the House Repubs are rolling it out. Its a budget reconciliation process. Moreover.....this is what a lot of Repubs ran on and they can't afford to let it linger around.

This is yet another establishment Republican lie. Ryan cannot be trusted. McConnell cannot be trusted. The way to end it is to end it. Not expand it. Not move the furniture around. End it.

MMC
03-11-2017, 02:01 PM
This is yet another establishment Republican lie. Ryan cannot be trusted. McConnell cannot be trusted. The way to end it is to end it. Not expand it. Not move the furniture around. End it.

No its not a lie......the Demos have the Obstruction in the Senate. We need 8 Demos to crossover. Which that wont happen unless there is something given on the trade off.

Trade-offs aren't popular (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/poll-obamacares-benefits-not-worth-the-trade-off/article/2616346); in other words, voters want to have their cake and eat it, too. Congressional Republicans are caught in the middle of this political crossfire. They're eager to fulfill the "repeal and replace" promise on which they've successfully campaigned for years, but they're split on how best to accomplish that. Some conservatives believe the bill preserves too much of Obamacare and fails to uproot the entire system in favor of a more free-market approach. Some purple-ish state Republicans (http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/obamacare-medicaid-repeal-republicans-235736), by contrast, worry that the legislation isn't generous enough, fearing headlines about millions losing coverage.

So what leadership and the White House are attempting to do with the AHCA is thread the needle within a framework that (a) satisfies enough members to secure passage, and (b) adheres to the rules of reconciliation for "phase one" of the three-phase approach. It's a challenge. Several of the New York Times' in-house, right-leaning opinion writers have panned the bill (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/10/opinion/the-republican-health-care-crackup.html?_r=0) is as politically toxic because it doesn't provide enough benefits, and doesn't attract the support (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/08/opinion/why-republicans-cant-do-health-care.html) of any major constituency group. Conservative healthcare wonk Avik Roy has made similar points in a piece bearing the unironic headline "GOP's Obamacare Replacement Will Make Coverage Unaffordable For Millions -- Otherwise, It's Great." Read it (https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2017/03/07/house-gops-obamacare-replacement-will-make-coverage-unaffordable-for-millions-otherwise-its-great/#4337455737fd). Conservative groups, meanwhile, charge that the plan is 'Obamacare lite' and should be scaled back considerably. Add into the mix the Wall Street Journal's editors giving the legislation two thumbs-up (https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-historic-health-care-moment-1488931460), with National Review weighing in with one thumb sideways (http://www.nationalreview.com/article/445573/congressional-republican-obamacare-replacement-disappointing-failure). With that as the backdrop, here's House Speaker Paul Ryan responding to criticisms in some depth on Hugh Hewitt's radio program this morning. If you want to understand where the legislation is coming from, and what it seeks to achieve, this clip is absolutely worth 16 minutes of your time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDmc6GkuS3Y

For an array of nuanced analyses of the proposal, I'd direct you to health policy experts Yuval Levin (constructively skeptical) andJames Capretta (open, but urging some changes), as well as former Congressional Budget Office directorDouglas Holtz Eakin (modestly supportive). In my mixed view of the bill, a big missing piece for me is a convincing explanation that its various mechanisms will actually solve Obamacare's adverse selection/death spiral problem. If that doesn't happen, the fundamental dynamics of the failing current law won't change, and this time it'll be Republicans with their fingerprints all over the mess -- even if other positive policy and fiscal outcomes eventually flow from the reforms. Meanwhile, the CBO Score is expected to drop early next week, perhaps on Monday. Brace for impact. It will likely show that GOPCare saves a lot of money, and may reduce costs for many consumers. But it will absolutely show that millions of people will lose their current coverage plans because of it. Republicans better eat their Wheaties and be prepared for the messaging battle that awaits. Lots and lots of coherent and persuasive communication is necessary. That's tougher, obviously, when divided conservatives are still 'shooting inside the tent.' ......snip~

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2017/03/10/audio-paul-ryan-offers-detailed-defense-of-gopcare-n2297220

MisterVeritis
03-11-2017, 05:36 PM
No its not a lie......the Demos have the Obstruction in the Senate. We need 8 Demos to crossover. Which that wont happen unless there is something given on the trade off.

Yes. It is a lie. Just end it. That is all. Damned idiot Republicans.

MMC
03-12-2017, 07:59 AM
Yes. It is a lie. Just end it. That is all. Damned idiot Republicans.

How do you propose to they do that? Where is the lie?

stjames1_53
03-12-2017, 08:07 AM
IMO, they should eradicate the whole damned thing. It will force insurers and providers to compete to win new clients. My main gripe was the penalties for not having it. That was pure BS. Force the poor to buy worthless insurance at "gun point"................ It should be none of the governments business whether or not I have insurance.
Advice: Never count on the government to support your needs. The cost eventually becomes unbearable.

MMC
03-12-2017, 08:13 AM
IMO, they should eradicate the whole damned thing. It will force insurers and providers to compete to win new clients. My main gripe was the penalties for not having it. That was pure BS. Force the poor to buy worthless insurance at "gun point"................ It should be none of the governments business whether or not I have insurance.
Advice: Never count on the government to support your needs. The cost eventually becomes unbearable.

How would the Repubs get that thru the Senate to eradicate it all?

stjames1_53
03-12-2017, 09:00 AM
How would the Repubs get that thru the Senate to eradicate it all?
grow some spine............make the tough choices............ that's the only way...........

MMC
03-12-2017, 09:03 AM
grow some spine............make the tough choices............ that's the only way...........

I think they could do after 2018......when the Demos lose half of those 25 Senate seats they have up. But not now. They need at least 6 to cross over.

Cigar
03-12-2017, 09:06 AM

The repeal bill — called the American Health Care Act — also will stave off a tidal wave of future Medicaid spending that threatens to drown the states and Uncle Sam in red ink. Here’s how.

No more penalties. If you’re among the 8 million people getting whacked with a tax penalty for not enrolling in an overpriced ObamaCare plan, the repeal bill is good news. The federal government will no longer compel you to buy insurance.

The repeal bill also cancels penalties on employers. ObamaCare forced all but the smallest employers to provide a benefits package far costlier than what they had been offering prior to the reform. Employers then passed these costs onto workers, raising deductibles by 50 percent on about 155 million people.

Without repealing ObamaCare, there would be 2 million fewer people with full-time jobs by 2025, according to the Congressional Budget Office. The repeal bill is a jobs program.

Lower taxes. It’s also a massive $600 billion tax cut. It eliminates taxes that pushed up the costs of insurance and devices like artificial hips. It also allows people to put aside more earnings tax-free in a health-savings account for out-of-pocket health expenses.

And it eliminates the taxes that targeted people earning more than $200,000 a year, including the ObamaCare payroll tax hike (2.35 percent) and the 3.8 percent ObamaCare tax on unearned income......snip~

Yep.....it will get rid of BO peeps taxes and it will create jobs. Now companies and or business with less than 50 employees will be able to hire. As Ryan stated it will be done in 3 phases. Naturally the Demos will deny distract and outright lie, in their obstruction. For them anything goes to try and save the Peeps legacy.

I say go ahead, pass it as it is. :grin:

MMC
03-12-2017, 09:10 AM
I say go ahead, pass it as it is. :grin:

They will pass Phase one. Then there will be two more phases and BO peeps legacy will be dead and buried.

Cigar
03-12-2017, 09:17 AM
:biglaugh::biglaugh: I notice the talk changed from 'Root & Branch" to hiding it in Phases ...

F'ing Cowards

MMC
03-12-2017, 09:28 AM
:biglaugh::biglaugh: I notice the talk changed from 'Root & Branch" to hiding it in Phases ...

F'ing Cowards

Hows those BO peep taxes doing? Besides flushed down the drain. Now small businesses can get back to hiring. That's with the fucking coward Demos.....those wusses of the pusses, and their Obstruction. :laugh: