PDA

View Full Version : Trump's 9th golfing trip in 7 weeks

decedent
03-11-2017, 01:34 PM
Today, Trump made his 9th trip to a Trump-owned golf course in 7 weeks as President.

Here's what he had to say about Obama's golf trips:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6p-_-2V4AA3o8g.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6p-_-2VoAAcJ8_.jpg

AZ Jim
03-11-2017, 02:07 PM
I think America and the world would be better off if Trump accompanied by his entire cabinet would spend every waking moment on the golf course.

Chris
03-11-2017, 02:14 PM
I always said about Obama golfing, at least he's not governing at the time. Ditto Trump.

Ravens Fan
03-11-2017, 02:31 PM
I agree with the criticism towards Trump. He did make a big deal about it before and during the campaign.

One thing that sticks out though, is that Trump is a wealthy businessman. Where do wealthy businessmen meet to discuss deals? I can't find anything that says who all of his partners have been, but if he is working while playing, I have no problem with it. I did see that it cannot be confirmed that he was actually playing golf on all of those visits also, but can't say he wasn't either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

del
03-11-2017, 02:53 PM
I agree with the criticism towards Trump. He did make a big deal about it before and during the campaign.

One thing that sticks out though, is that Trump is a wealthy businessman. Where do wealthy businessmen meet to discuss deals? I can't find anything that says who all of his partners have been, but if he is working while playing, I have no problem with it. I did see that it cannot be confirmed that he was actually playing golf on all of those visits also, but can't say he wasn't either.

his job description isn't *wealthy businessman* any more.

deflection noted

Common
03-11-2017, 02:59 PM
Trump has a long way to go Obama golfed almost 200 times during his presidency

hanger4
03-11-2017, 02:59 PM
I don't know what the big deal is, one way or the other.

Ravens Fan
03-11-2017, 03:23 PM
his job description isn't *wealthy businessman* any more.

deflection noted

You must have missed my first statement. I wasn't deflecting anything. I do think it is hypocritical. But if he is getting things done concurrently, then I can overlook the hypocrisy.

del
03-11-2017, 03:27 PM
i didn't miss the first statement nor did i miss the but that negated it.

carry on

Ravens Fan
03-11-2017, 03:32 PM
i didn't miss the first statement nor did i miss the but that negated it.

carry on

So then you saw there really was no deflection. I addressed the topic, and stated what could make me overlook it. That didn't change my first statement at all.

del
03-11-2017, 03:33 PM
sure

lol

decedent
03-11-2017, 03:37 PM

Trump made it a big deal years ago. He said Obama should be fired for golfing so much as President (see above). Trump golfs more than Obama ever did, so....

del
03-11-2017, 03:38 PM
Trump made it a big deal years ago. He said Obama should be fired for golfing so much as President (see above). Trump golfs more than Obama ever did, so....

it's different because he might be making *deals*

Ravens Fan
03-11-2017, 03:53 PM
it's different because he might be making *deals*

Let me try to make my point a different way. I was a supervisor and had 2 employees that both smoked cigarettes. One took a bunch of breaks to smoke, the other waited until he needed to go outside in the course of work to smoke his cig, or sometimes half a cig. It bothered me how many breaks the first guy took as it slowed production. The second guy was fine in my eyes because he was still being productive.

That is the way I look at this, and only if it turns out that is what he is doing.

I still think going to the golf courses that often is highly hypocritical on its face.

And I really don't care at all about any President's golfing habits. It's a hard job.

hanger4
03-11-2017, 04:07 PM

"I" said "I" don't know what the big deal is. "I" didn't care how much Obama golfed nor do "I" care how much Trump golfs. Stupid game anyway.

Peter1469
03-11-2017, 04:23 PM
An American hostage just got his head cut off. Trump when asked about it by the "press" said: 'watch my drive.'

Chris
03-11-2017, 04:24 PM
Let me try to make my point a different way. I was a supervisor and had 2 employees that both smoked cigarettes. One took a bunch of breaks to smoke, the other waited until he needed to go outside in the course of work to smoke his cig, or sometimes half a cig. It bothered me how many breaks the first guy took as it slowed production. The second guy was fine in my eyes because he was still being productive.

That is the way I look at this, and only if it turns out that is what he is doing.

I still think going to the golf courses that often is highly hypocritical on its face.

And I really don't care at all about any President's golfing habits. It's a hard job.

No! You don't get to. This is a Trump criticism thread. It's based on tu quoque. You must express disdain, and if you try to explain reasonably, you get disdain.

NapRover
03-11-2017, 05:42 PM
Maybe he's got a bad slice and needs to work on it more. Or maybe he's got the shanks.

Crepitus
03-11-2017, 06:01 PM
If he maintains his current pace he will top Obama's record in about 3.5 years.

del
03-11-2017, 06:03 PM
it doesn't matter

being president is hard

Ravens Fan
03-11-2017, 06:06 PM

Ahh... so you guys are just worried about protecting Obama's legacy. 😆

del
03-11-2017, 06:11 PM
Ahh... so you guys are just worried about protecting Obama's legacy. 

no more than you're worried about covering trump's ass

Crepitus
03-11-2017, 06:11 PM
Ahh... so you guys are just worried about protecting Obama's legacy. 😆

Nope. Someone. Common maybe? Said it east a big deal because president Obama golfer 200 times. That would be over 8 years. At Trump's current pace it will take him about 3.5 years to hit the 200 mark.

ripmeister
03-11-2017, 06:14 PM
I love the game of golf. One reason is the self policing of the rules. I just have to laugh at people who cheat while playing. I wonder, do you think The Salesman cheats at golf?

Ravens Fan
03-11-2017, 06:14 PM

If I were covering his ass, you would have a point. Go bite someone else's ankles please.

Ravens Fan
03-11-2017, 06:17 PM
Nope. Someone. Common maybe? Said it east a big deal because president Obama golfer 200 times. That would be over 8 years. At Trump's current pace it will take him about 3.5 years to hit the 200 mark.

I was joking. But I did read somewhere that it was 332 times in 8 years. Nbd in my book for either man.

hanger4
03-11-2017, 06:39 PM

:kiss: :kiss:

Peter1469
03-11-2017, 08:07 PM
I was driving from my condo to my apartment on I-66 and I think Trump and his posse passed us. If so, I have never seen a presidential motorcade that long. Lots of vans. It could have been a platoon sized QRF.

Subdermal
03-11-2017, 08:21 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/11QC6GgQGPtMxW/giphy.gif

Common
03-11-2017, 08:30 PM
Nope. Someone. @Common (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=659) maybe? Said it east a big deal because president Obama golfer 200 times. That would be over 8 years. At Trump's current pace it will take him about 3.5 years to hit the 200 mark.
Thats fine with me since hes accomplished in 100 days what obama didnt do in 8 yrs. He can golf all he wants

decedent
03-11-2017, 10:26 PM
it doesn't matter

being president is hard

You have to do stuff.

jimmyz
03-11-2017, 10:43 PM
It would be sweet if one of his slices knocked out a CNN or Guardian reporter down range. Trump... Im sorry for the head injury. I yelled fore and the injured reporter had no idea about golf terms on the course.

Crepitus
03-11-2017, 10:46 PM
Thats fine with me since hes accomplished in 100 days what obama didnt do in 8 yrs. He can golf all he wants

Like what?

jimmyz
03-11-2017, 10:53 PM
Like what?

Piss yall off for one... sorry

Crepitus
03-12-2017, 09:21 AM
Piss yall off for one... sorry

So, can't think of anything then?

Safety
03-12-2017, 09:29 AM

Red herring, for tu quoque has already been played...

hanger4
03-12-2017, 09:34 AM
Red herring, for tu quoque has already been played...

It's the only game you play,

anymore.

del
03-12-2017, 09:40 AM
:rofl:

Safety
03-12-2017, 09:43 AM

anymore.

Oh, it's no game, but I do understand why you have heartburn over it. I guess you should tighten up, because I hear there are more emails to discover.

birddog
03-12-2017, 09:53 AM
Like what?

One of your more disingenuous and dumb questions, and that says a lot.

del
03-12-2017, 10:06 AM
so you've got nothing either

stunning

hanger4
03-12-2017, 10:18 AM
Oh, it's no game, but I do understand why you have heartburn over it. I guess you should tighten up, because I hear there are more emails to discover.

Frankly Safety I find it rather amusing watching you slide down the poll of irrelevancy. You use to engage the topic now you just point and say double standards, double standards.

You've become the forums Gomer Pile running around screaming, citizens arrest, citizens arrest.

Crepitus
03-12-2017, 10:27 AM

I notice no-one can answer the question, so they all resort to insults. I understand, it is the conservative way when your ideology has been debunked, proven to be false, and discarded like the garbage it is.

Safety
03-12-2017, 10:27 AM
Frankly Safety I find it rather amusing watching you slide down the poll of irrelevancy. You use to engage the topic now you just point and say double standards, double standards.

You've become the forums Gomer Pile running around screaming, citizens arrest, citizens arrest.

Frankly, the point you still fail to grasp because you seem to not be able to comprehend what you read, I. Don't. Care. about what some partisan individual thinks about me. The simple fact that you change like the season depending on who is in office speaks more to your personal hang up, than any unsolicited personal inventory you can assign to me.

Gomer Pile...lol, that's rich coming from you, home brew.

hanger4
03-12-2017, 10:46 AM
Frankly, the point you still fail to grasp because you seem to not be able to comprehend what you read, I. Don't. Care. about what some partisan individual thinks about me. The simple fact that you change like the season depending on who is in office speaks more to your personal hang up, than any unsolicited personal inventory you can assign to me.

What part or post #7 didn't you understand Safety ??

I'll simplifie so all (even you) can understand. I don't give a rats arse about any fricking Presidents time away from DC. It's childish partisanship.

The rest of your screed is BS.

Safety
03-12-2017, 11:01 AM

I'll simplifie so all (even you) can understand. I don't give a rats arse about any fricking Presidents time away from DC. It's childish partisanship.

LoL, right.

Obama would be on the golf course, where he's been while most every thing has *gone down*.

Funny way of showing you could care less about a president's time away....I would just clarify for you, "some" presidents.

That makes it...partisan.

birddog
03-12-2017, 11:13 AM
I notice no-one can answer the question, so they all resort to insults. I understand, it is the conservative way when your ideology has been debunked, proven to be false, and discarded like the garbage it is.

The fact that you pretend to not know Trump's accomplishments speaks poorly for you, and does not deserve an answer. If presented to you, your response to the true facts would just be to deny and lie, so why bother. His accomplishments are real however.

Safety
03-12-2017, 11:17 AM
The fact that you pretend to not know Trump's accomplishments speaks poorly for you, and does not deserve an answer. If presented to you, your response to the true facts would just be to deny and lie, so why bother. His accomplishments are real however.

He must have learned that from your tactics the last eight years.

Crepitus
03-12-2017, 11:18 AM

LMAO!

Still can't think of any huh?

Admit it. He has accomplished nothing. Zip. Zero. nope. Nada, as in "Nada damn thing". He's a complete waste of time who spends his day watching TV and posting pissed off twitter rants at people he doesn't like. Acts just like a 10 year old kid, which come to think of it is probably why hes so popular with conservatives, they find him easy to understand.

texan
03-12-2017, 11:22 AM
Today, Trump made his 9th trip to a Trump-owned golf course in 7 weeks as President.

Here's what he had to say about Obama's golf trips:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6p-_-2V4AA3o8g.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6p-_-2VoAAcJ8_.jpg
Is he playing golf while he is there or is he just staying at the resort? I noticed that you referenced "trip."

texan
03-12-2017, 11:24 AM
I think America and the world would be better off if Trump accompanied by his entire cabinet would spend every waking moment on the golf course.

Really Jim? Check the last jobs report! Your lord and savior BO was a terrible manager of the economy but yet you still worship him and the party that helped strangle the recovery.

Want to know what Obama was god at? Shit that didn't matter like gay marriage and transgender bathrooms. Oh yes he would run right out on the limb for this BS. But when it came the shit he was hired for he failed. Just look at the state he left the party in.......no denying it!

hanger4
03-12-2017, 11:40 AM
LoL, right.

Funny way of showing you could care less about a president's time away....I would just clarify for you, "some" presidents.

Apparently my 'partisanship' was buried twix the words where only you have the ability to discern complaint.

I made an observation based on exo's post.

Safety
03-12-2017, 11:42 AM
Apparently my 'partisanship' was buried twix the words where only you have the ability to discern complaint.

I made an observation based on exo's post.

LoL, ok.

hanger4
03-12-2017, 12:13 PM
LoL, ok.

Now that you know I had no complaints, question. How does questioning my partisanship allay your one trick pony show ??

Safety
03-12-2017, 12:15 PM
Now that you know I had no complaints, question. How does questioning my partisanship allay your one trick pony show ??

Dude, I showed your partisanship on the issue, lay down the shovel, that's as deep as the hole is needed.

hanger4
03-12-2017, 12:27 PM
Dude, I showed your partisanship on the issue, lay down the shovel, that's as deep as the hole is needed.

Dude you showed your assumptions of my partisanship concerning this issue, all the while totally ignoring why you've become fixated on your double standard pony show and ignoring the topic at hand.

birddog
03-12-2017, 12:36 PM
Trump's "trips" are mostly work, unlike The Kenyan's were.

hanger4
03-12-2017, 12:54 PM

They're all work. Presidents are 24/7.

Safety
03-12-2017, 12:54 PM
Dude you showed your assumptions of my partisanship concerning this issue, all the while totally ignoring why you've become fixated on your double standard pony show and ignoring the topic at hand.

In other words...why did I call out your hypocrisy when you rather focus on your obfuscation of your partisanship.

hanger4
03-12-2017, 01:09 PM
In other words...why did I call out your hypocrisy when you rather focus on your obfuscation of your partisanship.

Oh stop it Safety, you've called me out over nothing. You tried and failed. The only obfuscation is your refusal to own up to your one trick pony show. You're called on it, it's obvious as hell and you know it. Get with the topic at hand and rise above the partisan BS.

Safety
03-12-2017, 01:19 PM

anymore.

LoL, right.

LoL, ok.

Oh stop it Safety, you've called me out over nothing. You tried and failed. The left only obfuscation is your refusal to own up to your one trick pony show. You're called on it, it's obvious as hell and you know it. Get with the topic at hand and rise above the partisan BS.

Read the f'kng thread, hanger4. You made it about me, and I responded to your bs with proof that you were engaging in partisanship as usual, if you don't like that, then shape up.

hanger4
03-12-2017, 01:49 PM
Read the f'kng thread, hanger4. You made it about me, and I responded to your bs with proof that you were engaging in partisanship as usual, if you don't like that, then shape up.

You're right Safety, I posted about you and your double standard pony show. My response to you had nothing to do with partisanship, just your pony show. And it matters not whether you like it or not, get with the program.

Safety
03-12-2017, 02:23 PM
You're right Safety, I posted about you and your double standard pony show. My response to you had nothing to do with partisanship, just your pony show. And it matters not whether you like it or not, get with the program.

And what program is that, partisan politics? No thank you.

Bethere
03-12-2017, 02:45 PM

Lol.

decedent
03-12-2017, 03:08 PM
The fact that you pretend to not know Trump's accomplishments speaks poorly for you...

Accomplishments?

Doubtful. But your blind faith is admirable.

decedent
03-12-2017, 03:33 PM

I think these cruel truth bombs violate the Geneva Convention.

Subdermal
03-12-2017, 03:48 PM

You said 'doubtful'. Unless you can prove your side, your own view is blind faith as well.

decedent
03-16-2017, 05:07 PM
Trump's on his way to Mar-a-Lago... to do some 19th hole Presidenting?

Curtis Lowe
03-16-2017, 06:56 PM

That said I find it rather "disingenuos" that when the one side does that oh its just evil ...

But when "our" guy does the same thing ...

why there is some excuse because thats our guy.

"Disclaimer" ...I do not "approve" of Obama's golf outings either though I'd like to see some genuine "clarity" for once .

resister
03-16-2017, 07:01 PM
Hillary Clinton is a decent.....:rollseyes:

Ravens Fan
03-16-2017, 07:21 PM
That said I find it rather "disingenuos" that when the one side does that oh its just evil ...

But when "our" guy does the same thing ...

why there is some excuse because thats our guy.

"Disclaimer" ...I do not "approve" of Obama's golf outings either though I'd like to see some genuine "clarity" for once .

I never had a problem with Obama golfing or GWB either.

patrickt
03-16-2017, 07:37 PM
Wow, only 291 more rounds of golf to catch up with President Obama. President Obama loves golf. Hates us but loves golf.

decedent
04-10-2017, 11:39 AM
Donald Trump takes 15th golf trip in 11 weeks since becoming President
(http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-xi-jinping-golf-trip-fifteenth-eleven-weeks-mar-a-l-ago-syria-air-strikes-a7674301.html)
Donald Trump is taking his 15th golf trip in the 11 weeks since becoming President, as he spends another weekend at one of his own luxury resorts.

It seems that Trump is spending more time on the links promoting his golf courses than doing work in the Oval Office.

It's a shame he can't get a mulligan for his presidency.

NapRover
04-10-2017, 11:48 AM
is his game improving?