PDA

View Full Version : Power Reclining Sofas

Common
03-12-2017, 01:49 PM
Does anyone own one of these, whats your opinion of them. Does the motors hold up ? are they comfortable.

Crepitus
03-12-2017, 01:59 PM
Does anyone own one of these, whats your opinion of them. Does the motors hold up ? are they comfortable.

Folks had one. Cranky, uncomfortable, overpriced.

However that is the only one I have any experience with so others may not be such a colossal waste of money.

jimmyz
03-12-2017, 03:26 PM
Too prone to failure and replacement at cost IMO. The manual handle ones have given out on me too.

Subdermal
03-12-2017, 03:36 PM
My entire living room set is power reclining. The motors aren't large, and they look easy to replace should they go south.

They're extremely comfortable. I would assume not all such sets are created equal, though. Mine are upper end, operate extremely quietly with inductive touch buttons, and are top grain leather.

The only thing I don't like about them is a bit of a quibble. They're extremely well cushioned, until they're reclined. Then, you can feel insufficient cushioning in the crack of the couch/chairs as they open.

Other than that, I love 'em.

Common
03-12-2017, 06:57 PM
Folks had one. Cranky, uncomfortable, overpriced.

However that is the only one I have any experience with so others may not be such a colossal waste of money.

Do you remember what brand

Common
03-12-2017, 06:58 PM
My entire living room set is power reclining. The motors aren't large, and they look easy to replace should they go south.

They're extremely comfortable. I would assume not all such sets are created equal, though. Mine are upper end, operate extremely quietly with inductive touch buttons, and are top grain leather.

The only thing I don't like about them is a bit of a quibble. They're extremely well cushioned, until they're reclined. Then, you can feel insufficient cushioning in the crack of the couch/chairs as they open.

Other than that, I love 'em.

What brand sub

Crepitus
03-12-2017, 07:29 PM
Do you remember what brand

No, sorry. Looked a bit like the pics Subdermal put up.though. leather was lighter

Subdermal
03-12-2017, 07:53 PM
What brand sub
I had to do a bit of digging for you. The invoice calls them "Hugo Power Recliners", but the tag underneath shows them to be Chinese: Jiaxing Motion Furniture.

Common
03-13-2017, 05:24 AM
I was looking at Lazyboy and Best, still undecided, thanks for responses