PDA

View Full Version : Spent a few days in Florida and headed home to snow tomorrow

donttread
03-12-2017, 07:26 PM
Talk about depressing. North / central , Florida weather is perfect in March. NNY weather not so much. Took some hikes, saw lots of wildlife, golfed, ate seafood like it was my job and looked at retirement communities for the future. Fished a little and hit the beach. The beach is dangerous though. I think I'm going to sue the city for whiplash.

jimmyz
03-12-2017, 08:16 PM
Nor-Easters can have that effect

resister
03-12-2017, 09:37 PM
Talk about depressing. North / central , Florida weather is perfect in March. NNY weather not so much. Took some hikes, saw lots of wildlife, golfed, ate seafood like it was my job and looked at retirement communities for the future. Fished a little and hit the beach. The beach is dangerous though. I think I'm going to sue the city for whiplash.
You should of came to SW Fl in arcadia. We coulda drank beer, hunted fossils and shot guns on the river. And discussed TPF trolls!!.

Peter1469
03-13-2017, 04:54 AM

What are you going to do, follow the storm up the East coast?

Common
03-13-2017, 05:29 AM
After a couple of years weather in the summer in fla is good too and the best part all the snowbird traffic is gone too :)

donttread
03-18-2017, 08:27 PM
Nor-Easters can have that effect

Is that what you call those gals?

donttread
03-18-2017, 08:28 PM
What are you going to do, follow the storm up the East coast?

We beat it but just. My first two days home involved hours of shoveling and snow blowing.

donttread
03-18-2017, 08:30 PM
You should of came to SW Fl in arcadia. We coulda drank beer, hunted fossils and shot guns on the river. And discussed TPF trolls!!.

Thought about it, but I was too far north.

resister
03-18-2017, 08:34 PM
Thought about it, but I was too far north.
To bad, if you get back in this neck of the woods.....

donttread
03-19-2017, 08:44 AM
To bad, if you get back in this neck of the woods.....

You people have a narrow state but a long ass state! I was literally hours away, one way.

resister
03-19-2017, 09:30 PM
You people have a narrow state but a long ass state! I was literally hours away, one way.
I can damn near ride a bike from the atlantic to the gulf and watch the sun come up and set in the sea!

donttread
03-20-2017, 05:14 PM
I can damn near ride a bike from the atlantic to the gulf and watch the sun come up and set in the sea!

Hell of bike ride.

donttread
03-28-2017, 01:45 PM
Went to Austin on business for a few days and came back to a thaw this time. A man who has bearely seen skin in 6 months can whiplash this time of year in these southern cities.

resister
03-28-2017, 01:54 PM
Hell of bike ride.
I have rode 100 to 110 mile bike rides in 12 hours 6 times in my life. I may never do so again unless necessary.