PDA

View Full Version : Obama's final year: US spent $36 million in records lawsuits......

MMC
03-14-2017, 10:31 AM
The Obama administration in its final year in office spent a record $36.2 million on legal costs defending its refusal to turn over federal records under the Freedom of Information Act, according to an Associated Press analysis of new U.S. data that also showed poor performance in other categories measuring transparency in government.

For a second consecutive year, the Obama administration set a record for times federal employees told citizens, journalists and others that despite searching they couldn't find a single page of files that were requested.

And it set records for outright denial of access to files, refusing to quickly consider requests described as especially newsworthy, and forcing people to pay for records who had asked the government to waive search and copy fees.

The government acknowledged when challenged that it had been wrong to initially refuse to turn over all or parts of records in more than one-third of such cases, the highest rate in at least six years.

A spokesman for former President Obama did not immediately respond to an email request for comment late Monday. .....snip ~

https://www.yahoo.com/news/obamas-final-us-spent-36-million-records-lawsuits-075149807--politics.html

http://politirant.com/Smileys/oldrant/but.gif I thought BO peep said he had the most transparent administration of them all? What happened?

Cigar
03-14-2017, 10:46 AM
I once told once that Lawyers and Legal Defense is Expensive, but when you need one they're worth every penny.

Looks like they were right, I don't seen anyone in the Administration in Jail.

Maybe if Donald Trump was that smart is Administration wouldn't be in a World of Sh!t

Mission Accomplished.

Bo-4
03-14-2017, 10:54 AM
All presidents defend certain records .. get over Obama eh?

Hell, 9 Benghazi hearings and jetting Agent Orange back and forth to Mar-a-Lago were/are infinitely more expensive.

Cigar
03-14-2017, 11:02 AM

Hell, 9 Benghazi hearings and jetting Agent Orange back and forth to Mar-a-Lago were/are infinitely more expensive.

Conservative Dementia prevents them from remembering That Failed Benghazi Experiment. :laugh:

patrickt
03-14-2017, 11:09 AM
Liberals don't care what the government spends. It's not their money.

""The Obama administration spent a record $36.2 million on legal costs in its last year in office in an attempt to keep government records secret. For a second consecutive year, the administration set a record for the number of times federal employees said they couldn't find a single page of files that were requested under the Freedom of Information Act.

"And it set records for the outright denial of access to files, refusing to quickly consider requests described as especially newsworthy, and forcing people to pay for records."
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4bJbQB1dL (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4311600/Obamas-final-year-US-spent-36-million-records-lawsuits.html#ixzz4bJbQB1dL)

Slavery is Freedom. War is Peace. Secrecy is Transparency. Big Brother lives and according to Eric Holder, he's "ready to roll."

Cigar
03-14-2017, 11:11 AM
Liberals don't care what the government spends. It's not their money.

""The Obama administration spent a record $36.2 million on legal costs in its last year in office in an attempt to keep government records secret. For a second consecutive year, the administration set a record for the number of times federal employees said they couldn't find a single page of files that were requested under the Freedom of Information Act.

"And it set records for the outright denial of access to files, refusing to quickly consider requests described as especially newsworthy, and forcing people to pay for records."
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4bJbQB1dL (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4311600/Obamas-final-year-US-spent-36-million-records-lawsuits.html#ixzz4bJbQB1dL)

Slavery is Freedom. War is Peace. Secrecy is Transparency. Big Brother lives and according to Eric Holder, he's "ready to roll."

Did you assume all those Obamacare repeal votes and Benghazi Hearings were Free use of Time and didn't cost "you" a penny?

patrickt
03-14-2017, 11:13 AM
Did you assume all those Obamacare repeal votes and Benghazi Hearings were Free use of Time and didn't cost "you" a penny?

I realize the four Americans killed in Benghazi don't interest liberals but what did the hearings cost? And, what did Obamacare repeal votes costs? A vote, ten minutes, big deal.
Did you assume the trillion dollars Obama pissed away in his first four months didn't come from Americans?

But, back on topic, is there any amount of other people's money you won't spend to protect liberal secrecy, corruption, and sedition?

Bo-4
03-14-2017, 11:16 AM
Did you assume the trillion dollars Obama pissed away in his first four months didn't come from Americans?

But, back on topic, is there any amount of other people's money you won't spend to protect liberal secrecy, corruption, and sedition?

If the subject is secrecy, corruption and sedition .. may i suggest you check in with the Orange Blob now occupying the White house?

stjames1_53
03-14-2017, 11:32 AM
If the subject is secrecy, corruption and sedition .. may i suggest you check in with the Orange Blob now occupying the White house?
a bad red herring, even for you
Obama's final year: US spent $36 million in records lawsuits...... is the title of this thread

Bo-4
03-14-2017, 12:01 PM
a bad red herring, even for you
Obama's final year: US spent $36 million in records lawsuits...... is the title of this thread

Tell that to patrickt - and while yer at it, let him know that those Select Committee hearings alone are up to about ten million.

So all told, we're probably close to a hundred million.

http://askedandanswered-democrats.benghazi.house.gov/cost/

Cigar
03-14-2017, 12:02 PM
I realize the four Americans killed in Benghazi don't interest liberals but what did the hearings cost? And, what did Obamacare repeal votes costs? A vote, ten minutes, big deal.

Do we need to post the number under Bush to remind you that's BS ... ?

hanger4
03-14-2017, 12:17 PM

"Bengahazi hearings" ?? Oh yeah, I forgot, those were the hearings Hillary failed to comply by not producing relevant docs.

Hey I know, back charge her for wasting tax payers moneys.

texan
03-14-2017, 12:17 PM
I once told once that Lawyers and Legal Defense is Expensive, but when you need one they're worth every penny.

Looks like they were right, I don't seen anyone in the Administration in Jail.

Maybe if Donald Trump was that smart is Administration wouldn't be in a World of Sh!t

Mission Accomplished.
Most open Admin in history just like they promised huh?

Common
03-14-2017, 12:30 PM
Obama is a snake pos and what he didnt do for americans will come out over time

Cigar
03-14-2017, 12:31 PM
Obama is a snake pos and what he didnt do for americans will come out over time

Kinda like the opposite of what comes out in the first 50 days? :laugh:

MMC
03-14-2017, 12:36 PM

Save that BS about Benghazi.....you can blame Hillary for causing all those Committees. The Dumb bitch was subponead with the 3 rd Committee to turn over all her records and documents. She failed to do that. Where was that BO peep DOJ in making sure she complied with that Order.

Now send Hillary the bill and tell that bitch to STFU.

MMC
03-14-2017, 12:39 PM

To bad the AP focused on your special stuttering man. Now tell him to stutter forth an answer as to why he tried to hide shit from the Press and We the People.

MMC
03-14-2017, 12:42 PM
Do we need to post the number under Bush to remind you that's BS ... ?

Oh give it break....the leftness complained about Bush jr while he was in Office and both terms of BO peeps time in Office. Always deflecting back to Bush jr.

Face the facts all you lefties even like a lil Bush now and then. :grin:

Peter1469
03-14-2017, 12:56 PM
Those FOIA lawsuits uncovered Hillary's half-baked server and her pay for play scheme between the Clinton Foundation and the State Department.

patrickt
03-14-2017, 06:34 PM
Why should I take a suggestion from you? You're not honest and you're a liberal. I realize that's redundant but that's life. But, I'd be happy to hear you tell some lies about President Trump, I avoid racist slurs which liberals love, and his penchant for avoiding FISA disclosure.

stjames1_53
03-14-2017, 06:43 PM
Tell that to patrickt - and while yer at it, let him know that those Select Committee hearings alone are up to about ten million.

So all told, we're probably close to a hundred million.

http://askedandanswered-democrats.benghazi.house.gov/cost/
pocket change for a fellow of your rich status