PDA

View Full Version : Trump's plan to dismember government

Chris
03-15-2017, 08:33 AM
I cheer Trump's plan to dismember government (http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/14/politics/donald-trump-dismember-government/)!

President Donald Trump plans to dismember government one dollar at a time.

...It would codify an assault on regulatory regimes over the environment, business and education bequeathed by former President Barack Obama, and attempt to halt decades of steadily growing government reach.

..."If you look at these Cabinet appointees, they were selected for a reason and that is the deconstruction. The way the progressive left runs, is if they can't get it passed, they're just going to put in some sort of regulation in an agency," Bannon said.

But then I read this about efficiency and think nothing will really change.

"We're going to do more with less," Trump told state governors late last month, promising a government that is "lean and accountable to the people."

Cigar
03-15-2017, 08:35 AM
It's not his Government to Dismember nor is it Job ... if he doesn't like Government, how about going back to Real-Estate

Chris
03-15-2017, 08:41 AM
It's not his Government to Dismember nor is it Job ... if he doesn't like Government, how about going back to Real-Estate

What is his job then?

MisterVeritis
03-15-2017, 08:42 AM
The more President Trump demolishes the unconstitutional federal government agencies the better I like him. I am only sorry the agencies will not be ended. The EPA should die, not simply be pruned. The Education department should be dissolved. We have almost 500 federal government agencies. Only about a dozen bear a Constitutional basis.

Mini Me
03-15-2017, 08:43 AM
What is his job then?
It is to run the Government!GET IT?
Not disembowel it!

Cigar
03-15-2017, 08:44 AM
What is his job then?

Job Description
The Constitution assigns the president two roles: chief executive of the federal government and Commander in Chief of the armed forces. As Commander in Chief, the president has the authority to send troops into combat, and is the only one who can decide whether to use nuclear weapons.

As chief executive, he enforces laws, treaties, and court rulings; develops federal policies; prepares the national budget; and appoints federal officials. He also approves or vetoes acts of Congress and grants pardons.

Chris
03-15-2017, 08:57 AM
It is to run the Government!GET IT?
Not disembowel it!

Job Description
The Constitution assigns the president two roles: chief executive of the federal government and Commander in Chief of the armed forces. As Commander in Chief, the president has the authority to send troops into combat, and is the only one who can decide whether to use nuclear weapons.

As chief executive, he enforces laws, treaties, and court rulings; develops federal policies; prepares the national budget; and appoints federal officials. He also approves or vetoes acts of Congress and grants pardons.

He swears to uphold the Constitution.

"Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:—'I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.'"

Subdermal
03-15-2017, 09:21 AM

He ran on this platform, and won.

How else would you describe his job than to do what it is he promised?

DGUtley
03-15-2017, 09:23 AM
I applaud it. Return governance to the states.

patrickt
03-15-2017, 09:39 AM
Sadly, you don't understand the government. Perhaps the Constitution should help. Liberal presidents have grown the government topsy without so much as a by your leave. A president can reverse that.

Americans are tired of being ruled by bureaucrats, petty pointless regulations, and corrupt politicians. Getting one who hated them was possibly the final straw.

AZ Jim
03-15-2017, 09:43 AM
Folks remember, Chris is a self described anarchist. Don't expect anything from him like you would a good citizen.

Newpublius
03-15-2017, 09:48 AM
Folks remember, Chris is a self described anarchist. Don't expect anything from him like you would a good citizen.

So he's not a 'good' citizen then? Typical of your posts, you are mentally incapable of crafting any substantive argument whatsoever and you invariably fall back on petty insults. Nothing more than flamebait McCarthyism out of the 1950s

AZ Jim
03-15-2017, 10:15 AM
So he's not a 'good' citizen then? Typical of your posts, you are mentally incapable of crafting any substantive argument whatsoever and you invariably fall back on petty insults. Nothing more than flamebait McCarthyism out of the 1950sThanks for your totally false statement. How is quoting Chris a personal insult? Shouldn't you be bitching about taxes?

Newpublius
03-15-2017, 10:21 AM
"Don't expect anything from him like you would a good citizen." -- typical McCarthy logic. People who think differently from you, by definition, are not 'good citizens' -- it is facially insulting and demeaning without any further explanation.

nic34
03-15-2017, 10:21 AM
I cheer Trump's plan to dismember government (http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/14/politics/donald-trump-dismember-government/)!

But then I read this about efficiency and think nothing will really change.

A bull in a china shop is not a freeking plan....

Captain Obvious
03-15-2017, 10:23 AM
So he's not a 'good' citizen then? Typical of your posts, you are mentally incapable of crafting any substantive argument whatsoever and you invariably fall back on petty insults. Nothing more than flamebait McCarthyism out of the 1950s

Jim truly is a miserable old fool.

It's hard not to feel a little compassion toward him sometimes. At this point in his life he will never know any better. His judgment has already been handed down to him.

nic34
03-15-2017, 10:24 AM

Retaliating by flaming another member is not a good look either.....

Chris
03-15-2017, 10:26 AM
I applaud it. Return governance to the states.

Return to the Articles of Confederation.

Chris
03-15-2017, 10:28 AM
Thanks for your totally false statement. How is quoting Chris a personal insult? Shouldn't you be bitching about taxes?

He was correct though, Jim.

Chris
03-15-2017, 10:29 AM
Retaliating by flaming another member is not a good look either.....

True, but both pertain to the point of the OP.

Chris
03-15-2017, 10:34 AM
A bull in a china shop is not a freeking plan....

Making government more efficient makes it worse.

Cigar
03-15-2017, 10:35 AM
He ran on this platform, and won.

How else would you describe his job than to do what it is he promised?

:loco::thinking::f_doh::Doh!: I'll let your post speak for itself

Chris
03-15-2017, 10:35 AM
Thanks for your totally false statement. How is quoting Chris a personal insult? Shouldn't you be bitching about taxes?

So would you agree that to a statist a good citizen conforms to the government, whereas to an anarchist governance conforms to the people.

Cigar
03-15-2017, 10:39 AM
Making government more efficient makes it worse.

Why is Republicans / Conservatives only approach to any problem is to either go backwards, eliminate the symptom or do nothing?

Neither approach takes any intelligent thought :tongue:

Chris
03-15-2017, 10:45 AM
Why is Republicans / Conservatives only approach to any problem is to either go backwards, eliminate the symptom or do nothing?

Neither approach takes any intelligent thought :tongue:

Can't answer for Republicans.

For myself, it's a deep distrust in solutions purported to be intelligent and reasonable. To me solutions arise from the interaction of people. But then I'm a libertarian anarchist.

AZ Jim
03-15-2017, 10:52 AM
So would you agree that to a statist a good citizen conforms to the government, whereas to an anarchist governance conforms to the people.The only difference between a black clothed and masked anarchist in the streets burning and breaking and one who wears a suit and goes about tearing down society "legally" is method of operation.

Chris
03-15-2017, 10:54 AM
The only difference between a black clothed and masked anarchist in the streets burning and breaking and one who wears a suit and goes about tearing down society "legally" is method of operation.

Those are liberals disguised as anarchist strawmen.

Can't answer my question? Would you agree that to a statist a good citizen conforms to the government?