PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Tillerson: US Military Force Against North Korea 'On the Table' ......

MMC
03-17-2017, 08:23 AM
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said the “policy of strategic patience” is over regarding North Korea’s pursuit of missile and nuclear weapons. As a result, U.S. military force is one option that’s on the table for dealing with the rogue nation.

“We’re exploring a new range of diplomatic, security and economic measures,” Tillerson said in Seoul while speaking alongside South Korean Foreign Minister Yun Byung-se. "All options are on the table.”

“If they elevate the threat of their weapons program to a level that we believe requires action, that option is on the table. Let me be very clear: the policy of strategic patience has ended.”

While he stressed that the U.S. does not want military conflict, North Korean missile threats “would be met with an appropriate response.” ......snip~

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2017/03/17/tillerson-us-military-force-against-north-korea-on-the-table-n2300440

Quite the change in Rhetoric from ass kissing Kerry, huh? Maybe lil Kim will now know he is dealing with an Alpha male.

Crepitus
03-17-2017, 08:37 AM
Trying to make himself relevant since Trump have basically sidelined him?

MMC
03-17-2017, 08:41 AM
Say what? How was he sidelined, again? He was just in Japan. Just because Trump cut a lot of the State Dept doesn't mean Tillerson was sidelined.

All that means is.....Demos were sent to the bench. The Unemployment bench. :laugh:

Common
03-17-2017, 09:36 AM
Japan is doing war games for the first time in decades and its directly because of threats by N Korea.

The little fat kid is pushing the envelope big time

MMC
03-17-2017, 09:50 AM
Any missiles coming out of N Korea.....should be knocked out of the sky. By anybody. Then just maybe they will get the message. The same should go for Iran too.

Subdermal
03-17-2017, 10:24 AM

:thinking:

And thus we get an update from the leftist narrative invention machine.

gamewell45
03-17-2017, 11:37 AM
All that means is.....Demos were sent to the bench. The Unemployment bench. :laugh:
I thought that Trump ran on a platform of keeping people employed and creating jobs for American workers and it appears to be opposite. Just sayin'. :)

MMC
03-17-2017, 11:53 AM
I thought that Trump ran on a platform of keeping people employed and creating jobs for American workers and it appears to be opposite. Just sayin'. :)

Yes people and American workers.....since when were the Demos ever included in those categories. :grin:

Peter1469
03-17-2017, 02:43 PM

North Korea with an ICBM is not acceptable.

Peter1469
03-17-2017, 02:44 PM

Trump didn't sideline Tillerson. The "media" just "reported" that he did.

Crepitus
03-17-2017, 04:14 PM
Say what? How was he sidelined, again? He was just in Japan. Just because Trump cut a lot of the State Dept doesn't mean Tillerson was sidelined.

:thinking:

And thus we get an update from the leftist narrative invention machine.

Trump's doing his hiring and firing, he didn't get invited to hang with the Japanese, the Canadians, or the Germans, lack of the daily press conference that has been a fixture since the 1950s, sure looks side lined to me.

ripmeister
03-17-2017, 09:53 PM
North Korea with an ICBM is not acceptable.
Agreed. What I don't get about What Tillerson said and maybe I'm wrong about this but he there down a verbal gauntlet to the North Koreans regarding their program and then said the North Koreans have no reason to fear the US. Which is it?

texan
03-17-2017, 11:47 PM

Yeah that is a stupid statement. He was sidelined. Fing democrats and their world knowledge.

MMC
03-18-2017, 07:18 AM
Trump's doing his hiring and firing, he didn't get invited to hang with the Japanese, the Canadians, or the Germans, lack of the daily press conference that has been a fixture since the 1950s, sure looks side lined to me.

:rollseyes:

https://timedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/japan-us-tillerson-as_fitz.jpg?w=1100&quality=85

U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, left, and Japanese counterpart Fumio Kishida, right, shake hands prior to their bilateral meeting at the Foreign Ministry's Iikura Guesthouse in Tokyo, Thursday, March 16, 2017. Eugene Hoshiko—AP......snip~

http://time.com/4703265/tillerson-asia-north-korea-japan-china/

MMC
03-18-2017, 07:19 AM
Yeah that is a stupid statement. He was sidelined. Fing democrats and their world knowledge.

I guess they will make anything up, huh? Not to mention have a funny definition of what being sidelined is.

Peter1469
03-18-2017, 07:25 AM
Agreed. What I don't get about What Tillerson said and maybe I'm wrong about this but he there down a verbal gauntlet to the North Koreans regarding their program and then said the North Koreans have no reason to fear the US. Which is it?

If he said that, perhaps he is trying to sow confusion inside the NK leadership team. Or perhaps he is directing that second part to the citizens of NK. Although a lot of them will die when the US bombs key facilities. No civilians around the NK artillery systems that will be destroyed.

Peter1469
03-18-2017, 07:27 AM
I guess they will make anything up, huh? Not to mention have a funny definition of what being sidelined is.

It is the "media." They have an agenda.

MMC
03-18-2017, 07:31 AM
It is the "media." They have an agenda.

He must have got that from MSDNC. They will say anything. Ask MadCow Maddow.

MMC
03-18-2017, 07:34 AM
If he said that, perhaps he is trying to sow confusion inside the NK leadership team. Or perhaps he is directing that second part to the citizens of NK. Although a lot of them will die when the US bombs key facilities. No civilians around the NK artillery systems that will be destroyed.
While he stressed that the U.S. does not want military conflict, North Korean missile threats “would be met with an appropriate response.” ......snip~

Just where did he say that the NKoreans don't have anything to fear? Seems he was quite clear wit that statement.

Crepitus
03-18-2017, 08:24 AM

Am I the topic or????

And I ain't making shit up, he certainly isn't as involved as previous SOSs have been.

MMC
03-18-2017, 01:07 PM
Am I the topic or????

And I ain't making shit up, he certainly isn't as involved as previous SOSs have been.

You said he didn't get invited to hang with the Japanese.....did you not? How again isn't he with make his swing thru the Asian Pacific?

texan
03-18-2017, 04:55 PM
Am I the topic or????

And I ain't making $#@! up, he certainly isn't as involved as previous SOSs have been.

No but you are full of shit that has been determined.

Crepitus
03-18-2017, 05:44 PM
You said he didn't get invited to hang with the Japanese.....did you not? How again isn't he with make his swing thru the Asian Pacific?

I was referring to the recent state visits those worthies made to the US.

Ethereal
03-18-2017, 05:53 PM
Maybe lil Kim will now know he is dealing with an Alpha male.

I'm sure he's terrified.

Ravens Fan
03-18-2017, 06:01 PM
No but you are full of shit that has been determined.
@Texan Do not insult other members.

Tahuyaman
03-18-2017, 06:19 PM

Can you explain that one by citing facts?

Crepitus
03-18-2017, 07:13 PM
Can you explain that one by citing facts?

Already did, go read the thread.

Tahuyaman
03-18-2017, 07:40 PM
Already did, go read the thread.

I did. Now support your comment factually. Unless you consider that request a personal attack.

Crepitus
03-18-2017, 07:49 PM
I did. Now support your comment factually. Unless you consider that request a personal attack.

Go read it again. This time focus around post #11

Tahuyaman
03-18-2017, 08:08 PM

Do you just throw silly stuff out there to see what gets a response and what doesn't?

Crepitus
03-18-2017, 08:19 PM
Do you just throw silly stuff out there to see what gets a response and what doesn't?

Lol, those are all facts dude, like it or not.

Tahuyaman
03-18-2017, 08:25 PM
Lol, those are all facts dude, like it or not.

Facts which fail to prove any of your points. You view things in an odd way

Crepitus
03-18-2017, 10:35 PM
Facts which fail to prove any of your points. You view things in an odd way

It isn't me who's looking at things funny.

Tahuyaman
03-18-2017, 11:23 PM
Trump didn't sideline Tillerson. The "media" just "reported" that he did.

And the liberal lemmings mindlessly repeat the meme.

MMC
03-19-2017, 08:06 AM
I'm sure he's terrified.

I would say more so now, than the last 8 years. Even you should be able to figure that one out.

MMC
03-19-2017, 08:09 AM
I was referring to the recent state visits those worthies made to the US.

So like I said.....not even close to being sidelined.

Green Arrow
03-19-2017, 08:40 AM
Tillerson's job as Secretary of State is to exhaust every possible diplomatic solution before threatening war as a last resort. He hasn't been SOS nearly long enough to be at the last resort.

MMC
03-19-2017, 09:29 AM
Tillerson's job as Secretary of State is to exhaust every possible diplomatic solution before threatening war as a last resort. He hasn't been SOS nearly long enough to be at the last resort.

He has been around long enough to know the Policy of Strategic Patience hasn't worked. Doesn't take someone being in government to understand that.

Moreover he didn't say we were at the last resort.

“We’re exploring a new range of diplomatic, security and economic measures,” Tillerson said in Seoul while speaking alongside South Korean Foreign Minister Yun Byung-se. "All options are on the table.”

“If they elevate the threat of their weapons program to a level that we believe requires action, that option is on the table. Let me be very clear: the policy of strategic patience has ended.”.....snip~

Reading is fun and mental. If one tries.

Crepitus
03-19-2017, 09:37 AM
So like I said.....not even close to being sidelined.

Hey, if he's happy to be the "B" team it's no skin off my nose.

MMC
03-19-2017, 09:56 AM
Hey, if he's happy to be the "B" team it's no skin off my nose.
How many came overseas again in the first 50 days? Then there was the time it took to get Tillerson questioned by Demos and confirmed.

So it has nothing to do with being the B Team. Nor being sidelined. Despite the clip attempt by the Demos.

Peter1469
03-19-2017, 11:53 AM

NK with an ICBM is the last resort. That can't be allowed.

ripmeister
03-19-2017, 03:10 PM

Just where did he say that the NKoreans don't have anything to fear? Seems he was quite clear wit that statement.
From theNYT

The Interpreter NewsletterUnderstand the world with sharp insight and commentary on the major news stories of the week.

Receive occasional updates and special offers for The New York Times's products and services.

PRIVACY POLICY (https://www.nytimes.com/privacy)

Mr. Tillerson said “North Korea and its people need not fear the United States or their neighbors in the region who seek only to live in peace with North Korea.” He added, “With this in mind the United States calls on North Korea to abandon its nuclear and ballistic missile program and refrain from any further provocations.”