PDA

View Full Version : Justice Department delivers documents on wiretap claim to Congress

Common
03-17-2017, 02:41 PM
Now we have to wait and see if they contain enough proof

The U.S. Justice Department on Friday said it delivered documents to congressional committees responding to their request for information that could shed light on President Donald Trump's claims that former President Barack Obama ordered U.S. agencies to spy on him.

"The Department of Justice has complied with the request from leaders of the House and Senate Intelligence Committees and Judiciary Committees seeking information related to surveillance during the 2016 election," a department spokeswoman said via email.
A congressional official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the House Intelligence Committee was examining the documents and might issue a public statement about them later on Friday.
Leaders of both the House and Senate intelligence committees, including from Trump's Republican party, have said they have found no evidence to substantiate Trump's claims that Obama ordered U.S. agencies to spy on Trump or his entourage. The White House has publicly offered no proof of the allegation.
On Monday, the House panel sent the Justice Department a letter asking for copies of any court orders related to Trump or his associates which might have been issued last year under an electronic surveillance law or a wide-ranging anti-crime statute.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-wiretap-idUSKBN16O2J2

stjames1_53
03-17-2017, 02:47 PM
it's like I said. If Obama didn't have a problem with spying on all of our allies, he'd have no problem spying on Trump

NapRover
03-17-2017, 02:50 PM
it's like I said. If Obama didn't have a problem with spying on all of our allies, he'd have no problem spying on Trump
Would you be shocked to find they surveiled Trump by saying they were going to surveil Flynn, Bannon or Ivanka?

del
03-17-2017, 02:52 PM
how long can it take to read a blank piece of paper?

stjames1_53
03-17-2017, 03:17 PM
you can't read it because you didn't pass it............that, and it's above your paygrade

Adelaide
03-17-2017, 03:24 PM
Everyone is being spied on. But, I question that there was some sort of malicious intent with regards to Trump if he was specifically targeted. Anyone with a brain would know that it wouldn't remain a secret and the Obama administration would have to be completely fucking insane to think that it would. If he was wiretapped, I also doubt the White House was involved for plausible deniability purposes. This seems like common sense.

Common
03-17-2017, 06:26 PM
Depends on your level of intelligence

Common
03-17-2017, 06:27 PM
Everyone is being spied on. But, I question that there was some sort of malicious intent with regards to Trump if he was specifically targeted. Anyone with a brain would know that it wouldn't remain a secret and the Obama administration would have to be completely fucking insane to think that it would. If he was wiretapped, I also doubt the White House was involved for plausible deniability purposes. This seems like common sense.

Adelaide since trump won the primary there has been nothing but vicious malicious intent towards him from everyone and everything liberal. Its the most unprecedented vile attack on any politician ive ever seen in my lifetime.

The newsmedia have sold their souls to create lies about trump

Bethere
03-17-2017, 06:28 PM
Depends on your level of intelligence

Let us know when you are done.

Bethere
03-17-2017, 06:33 PM
Everyone is being spied on. But, I question that there was some sort of malicious intent with regards to Trump if he was specifically targeted. Anyone with a brain would know that it wouldn't remain a secret and the Obama administration would have to be completely $#@!ing insane to think that it would. If he was wiretapped, I also doubt the White House was involved for plausible deniability purposes. This seems like common sense.

This seems like sound analysis to bethere.

del
03-17-2017, 06:54 PM
Adelaide since trump won the primary there has been nothing but vicious malicious intent towards him from everyone and everything liberal. Its the most unprecedented vile attack on any politician ive ever seen in my lifetime.

The newsmedia have sold their souls to create lies about trump

lol