PDA

View Full Version : Random - Is Bill O'Reilly a Republican?

BooHoo
10-31-2012, 10:16 PM
I thought I heard O'Reilly say that he is an independent in the past but everytime I watch his show he seems to side with Republicans.

Calypso Jones
10-31-2012, 10:17 PM
I don't think so.

Chris
10-31-2012, 10:24 PM
"In his book The O'Reilly Factor, he wrote, "You might be wondering if whether I'm conservative, liberal, libertarian, or exactly what.... See, I don't want to fit any of those labels, because I believe that the truth doesn't have labels. When I see corruption, I try to expose it. When I see exploitation, I try to fight it. That's my political position."" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_views_of_Bill_O'Reilly

IOW, mass media entertainer.

Captain Obvious
10-31-2012, 10:25 PM
Douchenozzle extreme.

BooHoo
10-31-2012, 10:27 PM
"In his book The O'Reilly Factor, he wrote, "You might be wondering if whether I'm conservative, liberal, libertarian, or exactly what.... See, I don't want to fit any of those labels, because I believe that the truth doesn't have labels. When I see corruption, I try to expose it. When I see exploitation, I try to fight it. That's my political position."" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_views_of_Bill_O'Reilly

Thanks for the info! Explains why he seems to not like the Democrats now or the Obama administration.

IGetItAlready
10-31-2012, 11:03 PM
Whatever he is, he's a dick. Must have referred to AK47s as, "heavy machine guns" half a dozen times in the day or two following the Colorado theater shooting.
And I'm sick to death of getting all stoked over some incredibly interesting guest he's touting only to watch in disbelief as Bill engineers the conversation to support his own idiotic views, as he shouts down and cuts off EVERYONE leaving the "No Spin Zone" feeling more like the "What's In Bill's Tiny Mind Zone".

Cigar
11-01-2012, 07:03 AM

... and you're at Fox News because you like the Truth ... ? :smiley_ROFLMAO:

Chris
11-01-2012, 07:46 AM
... and you're at Fox News because you like the Truth ... ? :smiley_ROFLMAO:

Much like TM you post as facts assumptions that are false. I don't watch news. So much for your like Truth.

Cigar
11-01-2012, 07:48 AM
Much like TM you post as facts assumptions that are false. I don't watch news. So much for your like Truth.

I'm talking about Bill O-The-Clown

Chris
11-01-2012, 08:04 AM
I'm talking about Bill O-The-Clown

Thanks for backing down. :-)

patrickt
11-01-2012, 08:21 AM
Douchenozzle extreme.

That really would be pot/kettle, wouldn't it?

I've never watched Bill O'Reilly but I have been a registered Republican since 1966. That's because I moved to a state where in local elections, such as sheriff, District Attorney, County Clerk, Coroner, and so forth, there were usually no Democrat candidates. When laws were passed saying District Attorneys had to be full time and coroners had to be doctors the few Democrats running quit. So, if you wanted a say in who filled those offices you registered Republican so you could vote in the primaries.

I know people who refuse to register as Democrats because Democrats are too conservative for them. Of course, if they bother voting it will be for Obama.

I don't think the two labels, Republican and Democrat, mean much. That's why they're often qualified with conservative Republican and liberal Democrat or, as with Barack Obama, batshit crazy liberal Democrat.

So, in the pantheon of labels, I don't know where Mr. O'Reilly would fall. Where Captain Obvious would fall is fairly, well, Obvious.

LabCat
11-01-2012, 02:23 PM
Me thinks he is an O'Reilly-An

birddog
11-01-2012, 04:06 PM
The reason O'Reilly usually agrees with the Republican viewpoint is because the Republicans are usually correct! Simple truth.

Captain Obvious
11-01-2012, 04:54 PM

I've never watched Bill O'Reilly but I have been a registered Republican since 1966. That's because I moved to a state where in local elections, such as sheriff, District Attorney, County Clerk, Coroner, and so forth, there were usually no Democrat candidates. When laws were passed saying District Attorneys had to be full time and coroners had to be doctors the few Democrats running quit. So, if you wanted a say in who filled those offices you registered Republican so you could vote in the primaries.

I know people who refuse to register as Democrats because Democrats are too conservative for them. Of course, if they bother voting it will be for Obama.

I don't think the two labels, Republican and Democrat, mean much. That's why they're often qualified with conservative Republican and liberal Democrat or, as with Barack Obama, batshit crazy liberal Democrat.

So, in the pantheon of labels, I don't know where Mr. O'Reilly would fall. Where Captain Obvious would fall is fairly, well, Obvious.

Careful you don't spill anything out of those buckets.

LabCat
11-01-2012, 07:32 PM
In his quest to remain sterile...That is to say "Fair and Balanced", O'Reilly comes off as being milquetoast.
I understand that it is his venue, but I feel his reluctance to pick a side is a character flaw. I have lost count of the number of stories Bill left open-ended in the interest of "fairness". Stop trying to please everyone Bill, it cannot be done.

garyo
11-01-2012, 07:38 PM
I have to disagree with your assertion that O'Reilly is"milquetoast", sorry.

Captain Obvious
11-01-2012, 07:43 PM
In his quest to remain sterile...That is to say "Fair and Balanced", O'Reilly comes off as being milquetoast.
I understand that it is his venue, but I feel his reluctance to pick a side is a character flaw. I have lost count of the number of stories Bill left open-ended in the interest of "fairness". Stop trying to please everyone Bill, it cannot be done.

The problem I have with O'Reilly and Hannity moreso is they're lousy interviewers.

It's all part of the RWNJ hack routine. They have people on their shows and challenge them in discussions, but continuously talk over them and don't allow them to respond.

Hannity is worse at it - if he gets cornered he just disconnects the person.

Totally pathetic, these guys are truly nutless.

GrassrootsConservative
11-01-2012, 07:47 PM
The problem I have with O'Reilly and Hannity moreso is they're lousy interviewers.

It's all part of the RWNJ hack routine. They have people on their shows and challenge them in discussions, but continuously talk over them and don't allow them to respond.

Hannity is worse at it - if he gets cornered he just disconnects the person.

Totally pathetic, these guys are truly nutless.

Yeah I agree here. Very patronizing conservative personalities, unlike Rush Limbaugh. He gives the left every chance to intellectually debate him, but they never win. That's because they're wrong. That's why I like Rush best, he is truly the face of conservatism at its very foundation.

Captain Obvious
11-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Yeah I agree here. Very patronizing conservative personalities, unlike Rush Limbaugh. He gives the left every chance to intellectually debate him, but they never win. That's because they're wrong. That's why I like Rush best, he is truly the face of conservatism at its very foundation.

I've listened to my fair share of Rush along the way, but I don't ever recall him having a significant guest on his show.

Callers really don't count, they can be screened.

GrassrootsConservative
11-01-2012, 07:55 PM
I've listened to my fair share of Rush along the way, but I don't ever recall him having a significant guest on his show.

Callers really don't count, they can be screened.

And guests can be scripted.

texmaster
11-01-2012, 09:55 PM
His favotite politican of all time is Robert Kennedy. That's a negative.

He leans right because of his pro life stance and fiscal polices but he's socially more liberal but with strong moral values except when it comes to women. He's pretty sexist.

texmaster
11-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Whatever he is, he's a dick. Must have referred to AK47s as, "heavy machine guns" half a dozen times in the day or two following the Colorado theater shooting.
And I'm sick to death of getting all stoked over some incredibly interesting guest he's touting only to watch in disbelief as Bill engineers the conversation to support his own idiotic views, as he shouts down and cuts off EVERYONE leaving the "No Spin Zone" feeling more like the "What's In Bill's Tiny Mind Zone".

Yep. He's pretty clueless on guns.

Deadwood
11-01-2012, 10:01 PM

And there is what's wrong with the two party system. I agree with O'Reilly in not being pigeon holed especially in US politics as there are troo many issues on which I disagree with both parties.