PDA

View Full Version : GOP smoke screens & our Constitution.

hotair
03-21-2017, 03:11 PM
For bad or for worse Trump is the President.

Questions of legality and/or legitimacy have absolutely no basis, and so are meaningless.

Simply put . . . The average American voter has less brains then the average brick!!!

All of these stories about Trumps campaign, and advisers, were originally published back last summer, as late as last June (some even earlier). The information was not classified much less leaked. As a matter of fact the stories were released to the press through the regular channels because the powers that be (at that time) felt that the American voting public had the right to know that the front runner of a major political party was operating on the payroll of a foreign (and some what hostile) government.

The Russians and the GOP wanted the stories suppressed, because they did not want to see the GOP Convention delegates released from their commitments. Releasing the delegates would have thrown the convention open to a floor fight. The Russians did not want this to happen because they believed that Trump would not survive such a floor fight. The GOP did not want a floor fight because they needed the appearance of a united party.

The rest of the country let the stories die because everyone KNEW that Clinton was going to win, win big, in a major landslide!!!

So the stories became irrelevant.

Trump did win, and all of a sudden all of those old irrelevant stories miraculously became relevant. OOPS!!!

Now: The Republicans are screaming bloody murder about “leaked classified information”. In the effort to generate a smoke screen that could very easily degrade into a constitutional crisis.

As I stated earlier: Originally, none of these stories were classified, much less leaked. They have been in the public domain for almost a year now.

Only Now . . . The Republicans want to illegally reclassify this information (that has been in the public domain all of this time) in an apparent effort to instigate a witch hunt to supposedly punish the people who originally released this information to the press. While the Constitution very clearly states that the government cannot act retroactively.

The irony being that this entire ‘dog & pony show’ is really quite pointless.

The Russian propaganda machine bought an election by telling people what they wanted to hear. The dim-witted American voting public bought it hook, line, and sinker!

Blaming the press is pointless. The press did its job as well as it could. You can lead a horse to water, but you can not force it to drink. The American voting public is going to believe whatever it chooses to believe regardless of truth, facts, or any and all evidence to the contrary.

Q:
What do the Klan, the American Nazi Party, the skin heads, the Russian government, and the American ‘Tea Party’ all have in common?

A:
They were the only political organizations to endorse Trump - before the GOP National Convention!!!

Captain Obvious
03-21-2017, 03:20 PM
The average American voter has less brains then the average brick!!!

Explains why Rodham won the popular vote huge.

nathanbforrest45
03-21-2017, 03:22 PM
Well, the OP has certainly chosen his screen name well.

MisterVeritis
03-21-2017, 03:30 PM
Questions of legality and/or legitimacy have absolutely no basis, and so are meaningless.
Simply put . . . The average American voter has less brains then the average brick!!!

All of these stories about Trumps campaign, and advisers, were originally published back last summer, as late as last June (some even earlier). The information was not classified much less leaked. As a matter of fact the stories were released to the press through the regular channels because the powers that be (at that time) felt that the American voting public had the right to know that the front runner of a major political party was operating on the payroll of a foreign (and some what hostile) government.

The Russians and the GOP wanted the stories suppressed, because they did not want to see the GOP Convention delegates released from their commitments. Releasing the delegates would have thrown the convention open to a floor fight. The Russians did not want this to happen because they believed that Trump would not survive such a floor fight. The GOP did not want a floor fight because they needed the appearance of a united party.

The rest of the country let the stories die because everyone KNEW that Clinton was going to win, win big, in a major landslide!!!

Trump did win, and all of a sudden all of those old irrelevant stories miraculously became relevant. OOPS!!!

Now: The Republicans are screaming bloody murder about “leaked classified information”. In the effort to generate a smoke screen that could very easily degrade into a constitutional crisis.

As I stated earlier: Originally, none of these stories were classified, much less leaked. They have been in the public domain for almost a year now.

Only Now . . . The Republicans want to illegally reclassify this information (that has been in the public domain all of this time) in an apparent effort to instigate a witch hunt to supposedly punish the people who originally released this information to the press. While the Constitution very clearly states that the government cannot act retroactively.

The Russian propaganda machine bought an election by telling people what they wanted to hear. The dim-witted American voting public bought it hook, line, and sinker!

Blaming the press is pointless. The press did its job as well as it could. You can lead a horse to water, but you can not force it to drink. The American voting public is going to believe whatever it chooses to believe regardless of truth, facts, or any and all evidence to the contrary.

Q:
What do the Klan, the American Nazi Party, the skin heads, the Russian government, and the American ‘Tea Party’ all have in common?

A:
They were the only political organizations to endorse Trump - before the GOP National Convention!!!
I admire fiction writers as a group although many of them, perhaps most of them, show no more skill than you. I prefer nonfiction myself.

resister
03-21-2017, 03:31 PM
Well, the OP has certainly chosen his screen name well.:smiley_ROFLMAO:

Chris
03-21-2017, 03:39 PM
The Tea Parties are not an organization but a grassroots movement.

hanger4
03-21-2017, 03:44 PM
9/11 was an inside job

Then there was the second Bush Iraq War is really about getting oil for China so that the Chinese can ship cheap goods to Wal-Mart.

And now Trump is "operating on the payroll of a foreign (and some what hostile) government".

:rofl:

stjames1_53
03-21-2017, 03:46 PM

Q:

A:

welcome to the brick wall built by the deplorables...........and to think, Hillary was going to demand the deplorables pay her wages..............how frickin' stupid

stjames1_53
03-21-2017, 03:48 PM
Well, the OP has certainly chosen his screen name well.

he is quite full of himself, isn't he.............

decedent
03-21-2017, 03:50 PM
Gosh... I feel such pressure to attack the OP because I didn't like what they said. I guess I can make a joke about their intellect, or maybe their mother's obesity, or maybe stick to the ol' reading comprehension stuff.

hanger4
03-21-2017, 03:59 PM
Gosh... I feel such pressure to attack the OP because I didn't like what they said. I guess I can make a joke about their intellect, or maybe their mother's obesity, or maybe stick to the ol' reading comprehension stuff.

If you read beyond (Trump) "operating on the payroll of a foreign (and some what hostile) government", you wasted your time.

Scrounger
03-21-2017, 04:12 PM
If you read beyond (Trump) "operating on the payroll of a foreign (and some what hostile) government", you wasted your time.

So you wasted your time??? OR, in the alternative, you have nothing factual with which to post that disproves the OP's position?

Captain Obvious
03-21-2017, 04:20 PM

So you're saying the OP has a fat mom and*you want to roll her in flour to find the wet spot?

decedent
03-21-2017, 04:36 PM
So you're saying the OP has a fat mom and*you want to roll her in flour to find the wet spot?

She threw a boomerang and it refused to come back.

Subdermal
03-21-2017, 05:11 PM
So you wasted your time??? OR, in the alternative, you have nothing factual with which to post that disproves the OP's position?

Wouldn't the OP first have to prove such a ridiculous assertion first? If not, then I say you're a cow fucker, and you'll have to prove you're not.

Right?

hanger4
03-21-2017, 05:33 PM

The OP has nothing to factually to substantiate (Trump) "operating on the payroll of a foreign (and some what hostile) government".

Backing up his/her assertions (conspiracy theory) is on him/her.

Adelaide
03-21-2017, 05:46 PM
So, I generally discount most of the bullshit coming from the left about Trump, which seems to have little if any evidence and/or have ongoing and incomplete investigations.

But the irony is not lost on me that Trump (and some Republicans) challenged the legitimacy of Obama based on his birth certificate. I mean, the hypocrisy is amazing here.

patrickt
03-21-2017, 06:13 PM
It's perfectly understandable why a liberal would think American voters are dumb as bricks. Dr. Gruber said they made the legislation for Obamacare confusing because the people voting were dumb. Only Democrats voted for Obamacare. Dr. Gruber had a point. At least two Democrat senators were smart enough to get bribed.

stjames1_53
03-21-2017, 06:14 PM
So, I generally discount most of the bull$#@! coming from the left about Trump, which seems to have little if any evidence and/or have ongoing and incomplete investigations.

red herring number one But the irony is not lost on me that Trump (and some Republicans) challenged the legitimacy of Obama based on his birth certificate. I mean, the hypocrisy is amazing here.

resister
03-22-2017, 12:25 AM
Or just talk about your big cook!

hotair
03-22-2017, 01:08 AM
The constitutional crisis in this seems only too obvious to me.

If the Republicans are allowed to continue their trip down this path, it can only end with abolishing the First Amendment. No press agency would be allowed to report any news at all, for the possibility that the information in any given story could, at some future date, get reclassified. Thus leaving that news agency subject to legal prosecution for “illegally disclosing classified information.”

What we are talking about here is the total abolishment of the First Amendment.

Scrounger
03-22-2017, 01:08 AM
Wouldn't the OP first have to prove such a ridiculous assertion first? If not, then I say you're a cow $#@!er, and you'll have to prove you're not.

Right?

Can you steer me to the part of the rules that you have to prove a proposition in the opening post on this discussion board? I'm well read enough to realize that some of what the OP states is fact.

Scrounger
03-22-2017, 01:11 AM
The OP has nothing to factually to substantiate (Trump) "operating on the payroll of a foreign (and some what hostile) government".

Backing up his/her assertions (conspiracy theory) is on him/her.

Why not just ask the OP for links?

stjames1_53
03-22-2017, 04:16 AM

yep. The word "the "does appear in there once or twice. So "the" is accurate

stjames1_53
03-22-2017, 04:18 AM

the op is the one needing to post the links for their lame charges, not the responders

hanger4
03-22-2017, 05:13 AM

You claim to be well read enough why don't you produce some links ??

DGUtley
03-22-2017, 07:14 AM
The constitutional crisis in this seems only too obvious to me. If the Republicans are allowed to continue their trip down this path, it can only end with abolishing the First Amendment. No press agency would be allowed to report any news at all, for the possibility that the information in any given story could, at some future date, get reclassified. Thus leaving that news agency subject to legal prosecution for “illegally disclosing classified information.” What we are talking about here is the total abolishment of the First Amendment.

The R's are all about free speech; it's the snowflakes at colleges that want to quash speech.

hanger4
03-22-2017, 07:30 AM
The R's are all about free speech; it's the snowflakes at colleges that want to quash speech.

Be nice now, sometimes to much reality to fast can cause EHS (Exploding Head Syndrome).

Cletus
03-22-2017, 09:43 AM
So, I generally discount most of the bullshit coming from the left about Trump, which seems to have little if any evidence and/or have ongoing and incomplete investigations.

But the irony is not lost on me that Trump (and some Republicans) challenged the legitimacy of Obama based on his birth certificate. I mean, the hypocrisy is amazing here.

Define what you see as hypocritical.

patrickt
03-22-2017, 08:09 PM
The constitutional crisis in this seems only too obvious to me.

If the Republicans are allowed to continue their trip down this path, it can only end with abolishing the First Amendment. No press agency would be allowed to report any news at all, for the possibility that the information in any given story could, at some future date, get reclassified. Thus leaving that news agency subject to legal prosecution for “illegally disclosing classified information.”

What we are talking about here is the total abolishment of the First Amendment.
The only people who have proposed changing or eliminating the First Amendment are Democrats. Hotair, you are not on speaking terms with reality.

"Liberals often deplore efforts to amend the Constitution, particularly the Bill of Rights and especially when the outcome would narrow individual liberties. Well, now we know they don't really mean it."
https://www.wsj.com/articles/theodore-olson-harry-reid-rewrites-the-first-amendment-1410124101
https://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/peter-roff/2014/09/12/the-first-amendment-is-alive-and-well-despite-harry-reids-efforts
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2014/05/18/harry-reid-vote-to-amend-u-s-constitution-to-limit-political-speech/
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/ted-cruz-and-the-repeal-the-first