PDA

View Full Version : Adam Schiff: Grifter, Racketeer, Warmonger

Ethereal
03-23-2017, 03:01 PM
Adam Schiff: Grifter, Racketeer, Warmonger (http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2017/03/21/adam-schiff-grifter-racketeer-warmonger/)

The ringmaster of the Russia hearings profits from his antics

by Justin Raimondo, March 22, 2017

[...]

These three were merely sideshows, however, because the head clown was undoubtedly the ranking Democrat on the committee, Rep. Adam Schiff (D-California). Schiff’s opening statement is a model of McCarthyite smear-mongering. His first target is Carter Page, an oil company consultant tangentially associated with the Trump campaign, who is attacked by Schiff for the “crime” of criticizing US foreign policy in a speech delivered while on a trip to Russia. He then cites the unverified (and largely nonsensical) “dossier” compiled by MI6 agent Christopher Steele, who paid his informants for dirt on Trump, to the effect that Page had a secret meeting with a Putin confidante. Page was supposedly rewarded financially in a murky sale of the Russian gas giant Rosfnet: he was also supposedly offered “documents” to be published by WikiLeaks, “which give the Russians deniability.”

[...]

Schiff is betraying his own rather specialized interests here: on July 18, 2013, a fundraiser for Schiff’s reelection campaign was held at the home of Ukrainian arms dealer Igor Pasternak in Washington, D.C. Price of admission: $2,500 a head, and $1,000 for guests. Why is Pasternak such a fan of Schiff’s?

[...]

Follow the money. Pasternak is selling the Ukrainians military hardware, and is doubtless eager to sell them more – paid for by US taxpayers, of course. According to news reports, Pasternak is deeply involved with the Ukrainian government’s military production, which is seeking to eliminate its dependence on Soviet era military hardware:

[...]

Pasternak raises thousands for Schiff, and Schiff raises millions for Pasternak. It’s a sweet deal all around.

Aside from distracting people from their own party's corruption and incompetence, Democrats like Schiff have used the recent investigations (re: witch hunt) to promote their own lust for more power and wealth.

Manufactures of military hardware are salivating at the chance to sell their wares to western Ukrainian oligarchs and the neo-Nazi militias who do their bidding. Politicians like Schiff are their puppets. But without a Russian boogeyman to throw in everyone's face, justifying such sales would be far more difficult for cronies like Schiff; hence the McCarthyite hearings and investigations.

So while Democrat partisans and loyalists insist this is all about protecting America's honor and promoting its national security, it's really about opportunism and greed. That is why absolutely nothing will come of these investigations no matter how long they go on for, because there is nothing there. It's just a distraction from the graft, racketeering, and slush funds being run by Democrats and neocon Republicans.

Subdermal
03-23-2017, 03:13 PM
Not a substantive peep will be uttered by the leftist skulls of mush here. They are unabashed brain dead hypocrites.

This is a crushing expose op-ed of the googly-eyed creep which is Adam Schiff. That pile of feces needs to be fully and entirely exposed as the hypocrite piece of shit that he is.

Ethereal
03-23-2017, 03:19 PM
Not a substantive peep will be uttered by the leftist skulls of mush here. They are unabashed brain dead hypocrites.

This is a crushing expose op-ed of the googly-eyed creep which is Adam Schiff. That pile of feces needs to be fully and entirely exposed as the hypocrite piece of $#@! that he is.
People like Schiff are endangering the entire planet just so they can get more campaign donations. He is a demented, dangerous individual.

nathanbforrest45
03-23-2017, 03:25 PM
I thought Adam Schiff was a character on Law and Order

Subdermal
03-23-2017, 03:28 PM
I thought Adam Schiff was a character on Law and Order

He plays the perp.

Common Sense
03-23-2017, 03:30 PM
While I agree that accepting campaign contributions from a legitimate arms dealer is unsavoury, it is also a political reality in America. Not much different than accepting donations from Boeing.

But to claim this small contribution is somehow a smoking gun is a bit much. Schiff may be just another politician, but his record on press freedom is remarkable as is his work criticizing the Armenian genocide.

While yes, the MSM don't cover these sorts of opinion stories, I wonder why antiwar doesn't cover stories like the Putin critic shot in Kiev the other day or the Russian whistleblower that "fell" from a building the other day.

Yes, the west is corrupted by money, but they don't hold a candle to the corruption and violent political tactics of Russia's government under Putin. And yes the MSM may not be perfect, but at least the US isn't murdering journalists and critics left right and center.

Common Sense
03-23-2017, 03:32 PM
People like Schiff are endangering the entire planet just so they can get more campaign donations. He is a demented, dangerous individual.

That's a tad hyperbolic.

del
03-23-2017, 03:37 PM
the knee jerk defense of the trump and the russians is rather amusing

nathanbforrest45
03-23-2017, 03:39 PM
Here's an interesting question. Did Adam Schiff the politician benefit from Adam Schiff the District Attorney. Since the people of California can hardly differentiate between fact and fantasy did they equal the Law and Order character's good qualities with this knucklehead?

Subdermal
03-23-2017, 04:06 PM

What do you think of Schiff's campaign having a Ukrainian arms dealer host a fund raising effort for him, @del (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=770)?

Allow me to pre-emptively assist, del:

Careful del, he's baiting you.

:laughing7:

Common Sense
03-23-2017, 04:20 PM
What do you think of Schiff's campaign having a Ukrainian arms dealer host a fund raising effort for him, @del (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=770)?

To paint Pasternak as simply a "Ukrainian Arms dealer" is a bit disingenuous. Pasternak is CEO of Aeros Corp who manufacture airships or blimps in California. Some are indeed used for military surveillance. But he is not exactly your classic arms dealer.

The reality is Pasternak is a California business person. Why wouldn't he accept donations of a fundraising event? Because Antiwar calls him an arms dealer?

Common Sense
03-23-2017, 04:23 PM
http://www.newyorker.com/tech/elements/igor-pasternak-the-blimp-maker-video

Bethere
03-23-2017, 04:43 PM
Aside from distracting people from their own party's corruption and incompetence, Democrats like Schiff have used the recent investigations (re: witch hunt) to promote their own lust for more power and wealth.

Manufactures of military hardware are salivating at the chance to sell their wares to western Ukrainian oligarchs and the neo-Nazi militias who do their bidding. Politicians like Schiff are their puppets. But without a Russian boogeyman to throw in everyone's face, justifying such sales would be far more difficult for cronies like Schiff; hence the McCarthyite hearings and investigations.

So while Democrat partisans and loyalists insist this is all about protecting America's honor and promoting its national security, it's really about opportunism and greed. That is why absolutely nothing will come of these investigations no matter how long they go on for, because there is nothing there. It's just a distraction from the graft, racketeering, and slush funds being run by Democrats and neocon Republicans.

Lol.

del
03-23-2017, 04:45 PM

let me know when/if he lies about it.

Ethereal
03-23-2017, 05:41 PM
While I agree that accepting campaign contributions from a legitimate arms dealer is unsavoury, it is also a political reality in America. Not much different than accepting donations from Boeing.

But to claim this small contribution is somehow a smoking gun is a bit much. Schiff may be just another politician, but his record on press freedom is remarkable as is his work criticizing the Armenian genocide.

While yes, the MSM don't cover these sorts of opinion stories, I wonder why antiwar doesn't cover stories like the Putin critic shot in Kiev the other day or the Russian whistleblower that "fell" from a building the other day.

Yes, the west is corrupted by money, but they don't hold a candle to the corruption and violent political tactics of Russia's government under Putin. And yes the MSM may not be perfect, but at least the US isn't murdering journalists and critics left right and center.
I don't know that they didn't cover those stories. Do you? But let's assume they didn't. The explanation is rather simple. The mainstream media covers those kinds of stories AMPLY if not excessively. Antiwar, as an alternative media outlet, exists largely to provide alternative narratives, not to cover stories that are already disseminated far and wide by mainstream media.

Ethereal
03-23-2017, 06:51 PM
That's a tad hyperbolic.

Not at all. His rhetoric and actions serve to needlessly escalate tensions with a nuclear power. That is extremely dangerous and reckless.

Ethereal
03-23-2017, 06:52 PM
Wanting stable, peaceful relations with a nuclear power = Defending Trump and the Russians

Ethereal
03-23-2017, 06:54 PM
To paint Pasternak as simply a "Ukrainian Arms dealer" is a bit disingenuous. Pasternak is CEO of Aeros Corp who manufacture airships or blimps in California. Some are indeed used for military surveillance. But he is not exactly your classic arms dealer.

The reality is Pasternak is a California business person. Why wouldn't he accept donations of a fundraising event? Because Antiwar calls him an arms dealer?
He wants to sell military equipment to the Ukrainian nationalists. He profits from anti-Russian policies and funds a politician who promotes unhinged anti-Russian conspiracy theories. Connecting the dots in this situation is like drawing a straight line between two points.

Mister D
03-23-2017, 06:59 PM
Wanting stable, peaceful relations with a nuclear power = Defending Trump and the Russians
Defending the Russians lol

texan
03-23-2017, 07:02 PM

What American genocide?

del
03-23-2017, 07:03 PM
What American genocide?
the one that happened in armenia

Ethereal
03-23-2017, 07:09 PM
Defending the Russians lol
Some Democrats are utterly without scruples. I remember when Democrats were criticizing Bush's war in Iraq, Bush loyalists would accuse them of sympathizing with Saddam Hussein and siding with America's enemies. Naturally, Democrats were aghast. To question someone's patriotism and loyalty for criticizing US foreign policy was considered by Democrats to be an affront to reason... unless the foreign policy is the one Democrats support, then to question it is the highest form of treason. We just have to remember that Democrats typically exempt themselves from the very high standards they are constantly trying to hold their opponents to.

Ethereal
03-23-2017, 07:13 PM
This kind of dumb statement encapsulates the mindset inhabited by Democrats at the moment. Criticizing a Democrat politician is now considered a defense of Trump and Russia.

Bethere
03-23-2017, 07:26 PM
What American genocide?

Ask any American Indian.

Ethnic cleansing? Check.
Genocide? Check.

Bethere
03-23-2017, 07:30 PM
This kind of dumb statement encapsulates the mindset inhabited by Democrats at the moment. Criticizing a Democrat politician is now considered a defense of Trump and Russia.

Another insult. I thought you were supposed to be a leader?

Ethereal
03-23-2017, 07:32 PM
Ask any American Indian.

Ethnic cleansing? Check.
Genocide? Check.
American Indians live in Armenia now. Who knew.

Ethereal
03-23-2017, 07:35 PM
Another insult. I thought you were supposed to be a leader?
As far as I'm aware, we're allowed to characterize another poster's positions or statements as dumb, just not the poster themselves. And I do not believe del is dumb, but his statement certainly is.

Anyway, I'm always glad to see a self-admitted troll displaying an interest in decorum and rules. It tells me there is still hope for them.

NapRover
03-23-2017, 08:29 PM
Some Democrats are utterly without scruples. I remember when Democrats were criticizing Bush's war in Iraq, Bush loyalists would accuse them of sympathizing with Saddam Hussein and siding with America's enemies. Naturally, Democrats were aghast. To question someone's patriotism and loyalty for criticizing US foreign policy was considered by Democrats to be an affront to reason... unless the foreign policy is the one Democrats support, then to question it is the highest form of treason. We just have to remember that Democrats typically exempt themselves from the very high standards they are constantly trying to hold their opponents to.
Describes schiff to a T! I would never share any intel with him, nor place any trust in him whatsoever.