PDA

View Full Version : I think it's over when ...the fat Man Sings

Cigar
11-01-2012, 10:47 AM
http://www.taylormarsh.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/chris_christie.jpg

patrickt
11-01-2012, 02:01 PM
My god, Michael Moore sings? I think it's over when the votes are counted and the lawyers are told to go home.

birddog
11-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Yip, it's all over in NJ. Obama will win the state. Big deal!

Mister D
11-01-2012, 04:06 PM
What is Christie supposed to do? Start campaigning for Romney while millions are without power and hundreds if not thousands of homes in his state have been destroyed. Ugh...American partisanship hits a new low.

Calypso Jones
11-01-2012, 04:11 PM
People in NJ work too...even if it is illegal. so. Who knows. It could go red.

Calypso Jones
11-01-2012, 04:19 PM
AND they elected a Republican governor sooooooo...

coolwalker
11-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Bottom line Christie is a politician. It wouldn't matter if the president was a wart hog, he would still praise him for helping his state. That is not an endorsement.

Mister D
11-01-2012, 07:39 PM
Bottom line Christie is a politician. It wouldn't matter if the president was a wart hog, he would still praise him for helping his state. That is not an endorsement.

Exactly.

KC
11-01-2012, 07:47 PM
What is Christie supposed to do? Start campaigning for Romney while millions are without power and hundreds if not thousands of homes in his state have been destroyed. Ugh...American partisanship hits a new low.

I think the opposite is true. Christie made the choice to put people before politics (to an extent) by putting disaster relief before campaigning for Romney. In the long term, it's more salient politically, but in most people's minds this is the right thing to do.

GrassrootsConservative
11-01-2012, 07:49 PM
I think the opposite is true. Christie made the choice to put people before politics (to an extent) by putting disaster relief before campaigning for Romney. In the long term, it's more salient politically, but in most people's minds this is the right thing to do.

Yes but everyone sees Odumba finally doing something about something a week before the election - and everyone knows he's only doing it as part of his campaign. It's his October surprise. Republicans put people over politics all the time, because we're not corrupt. Odumba was on his way to Florida before someone told him he can't campaign and he has to fly back to the hurricane area to look presidential.

Mister D
11-01-2012, 08:00 PM

Christie did exactly the right thing. Too bad we wont.

KC
11-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Yes but everyone sees Odumba finally doing something about something a week before the election - and everyone knows he's only doing it as part of his campaign. It's his October surprise. Republicans put people over politics all the time, because we're not corrupt. Odumba was on his way to Florida before someone told him he can't campaign and he has to fly back to the hurricane area to look presidential.

I think that as long as politicians serve more than one term, everything they do is part of their campaign for the next election.

GrassrootsConservative
11-01-2012, 08:04 PM
I think that as long as politicians serve more than one term, everything they do is part of their campaign for the next election.

All politicians?

KC
11-01-2012, 08:08 PM
All politicians?

No. But I wouldn't limit it to either Party.

I'm sure politicians exist with some character. There are even a few politicians I support and I like to pretend they have some character. I'm pretty cynical though.

GrassrootsConservative
11-01-2012, 08:14 PM
No. But I wouldn't limit it to either Party.

I'm sure politicians exist with some character. There are even a few politicians I support and I like to pretend they have some character. I'm pretty cynical though.

I believe that all political problems exist solely with the Libs.

I support all conservatives and nothing will ever change that.

Every corrupt politician is a Lib, every problem this country has exists because of Liberalism.

KC
11-01-2012, 08:52 PM
I believe that all political problems exist solely with the Libs.

I support all conservatives and nothing will ever change that.

Every corrupt politician is a Lib, every problem this country has exists because of Liberalism.

I know you do, Grassroots. I tend to think that majority rule in general tends to cause problems, although I'll concede that a Constitutional Republic is the best form of government I'm aware of.