PDA

View Full Version : Ex Democratic Governor Rod Blagovich Guilty.....

MMC
06-27-2011, 02:21 PM

Conley
06-27-2011, 02:51 PM
It's nice to see a guilty pol actually investigated, tried, and found guilty!

Now round up the rest of those crooks!

;D

Mister D
06-27-2011, 03:03 PM
Will his hairdo being serving time as well? :-\ Damn shame...

Conley
06-27-2011, 03:07 PM
Will his hairdo being serving time as well? :-\ Damn shame...

That's where he's hiding the hacksaw :-X

GRUMPY
06-27-2011, 05:03 PM
this whole affair was a sham....the prosecutor pulled the plug because he was afraid he was going to get obama on a wiretap....further it is clear that team obama was involved in negotiations with blago and on the other end of team obama is obama....one more thought blago was tried once on these charges and the jury was hung, the govt should get one bite of the apple and in my opinion a hung jury should be as good as an acquittal....who here has the resources to fight the govt if they can simply try you until they get a guilty verdict....

MMC
06-27-2011, 08:03 PM

Juggernaut
06-29-2011, 02:10 AM
Blago's civil rights were violated by corrupt liberals. Double Jeopardy!!!! You can't try someone for the same crime twice unless the trial is run by liberals who shit on the constitution slightly more than republicans. Appeal time. It wouldn't surprise me to find Obama was involved.

GRUMPY
06-29-2011, 05:36 AM
Blago's civil rights were violated by corrupt liberals. Double Jeopardy!!!! You can't try someone for the same
crime twice unless the trial is run by liberals who shit on the constitution slightly more than republicans. Appeal time.
It wouldn't surprise me to find Obama was involved.

no, it is not a violation of double jeopardy as not verdict was reached regarding those specific charges in the previous trial.....this is why i have always had a differing opinion than the courts with regard to this issue....the state has unlimited resources and should get one shot....this was a show trial, the prosecutor pulled the plug on an investigation fearful of who he might get on a wire tap.....then like so many others he tried his case in the media.....

MMC
06-29-2011, 05:58 AM

GRUMPY
06-29-2011, 07:29 AM
IMO.....there is more to it with Rahm Emanuel who was Obama's Chief of Staff. Emanuel is a putz. Moreover Emanuel bought the Mayor spot. Plus had Clinton come in and give him that extra bit of money just for a 4500 dollar plate. Not to mention Blago wouldn't play ball with the Madigans. Again most of the Dems in Chicago could give two shits what East Coast Dems and West Coast Dems think.

Thing that kills me is all the Republicans act as if they are scared of Emanuel due to his antics and the language he uses. Which no doubt the putz uses the personae of those that Come from Chicago. Still you would think other Repubs here would be use to his antics, and they would call him out. Emanuel always needs to be engaged up close and up front. When he want to go personal. I say we oblige and burst that fucking bubble he wears on his shoulders.

Time to tank Emanuels ambitions for that White House now. Long before he can get anything rolling. Maybe they will lock blago up next to Ryan.

do you honestly think that emanuel was negotiating without the knowledge of the messiah.....

MMC
06-29-2011, 08:10 AM

GRUMPY
06-29-2011, 10:50 AM
is the behavior of blago any different than that of this admin re sestack or the i think colo pol.....the short answer is no...

Juggernaut
06-29-2011, 07:03 PM
Blago's civil rights were violated by corrupt liberals. Double Jeopardy!!!! You can't try someone for the same
crime twice unless the trial is run by liberals who shit on the constitution slightly more than republicans. Appeal time.
It wouldn't surprise me to find Obama was involved.

no, it is not a violation of double jeopardy as not verdict was reached regarding those specific charges in the previous trial.....this is why i have always had a differing opinion than the courts with regard to this issue....the state has unlimited resources and should get one shot....this was a show trial, the prosecutor pulled the plug on an investigation fearful of who he might get on a wire tap.....then like so many others he tried his case in the media.....

I thought they retried Blago on the same charges as before changing the complaint which makes it double jeopardy since the whole crime is centered around pay to play for the senate seat. I agree no verdict was reached but the trial ended with Blago acquitted by a jury of his peers.

If the prosecutor wanted to nail Blago he would have waited till money changed hands, Blago wasn't going to announce the Senate appointment till after he got what he wanted, even then he'd leak the story, then announce a day or so later. No telling what the prosecutor heard about Obama and his minions, if he had waited the real dirt would have come out. Better to protect Obama and push for a better job down the road.