PDA

View Full Version : You who secretly now "get it" have lots of company

AZ Jim
03-28-2017, 11:08 AM
https://twitter.com/Trump_Regrets?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twg r^author

del
03-28-2017, 11:09 AM
but, but, the republic is saved!?!?!?!?!?!?

decedent
03-28-2017, 11:12 AM
My favorite:

@dcs5831 @Trump_Regrets @POTUS The USA should have record crops this year with all the BS @realDonaldTrump is spreading

More: https://twitter.com/Trump_Regrets

DGUtley
03-28-2017, 12:12 PM
but, but, the republic is saved!?!?!?!?!?!?

Nice to see you on board, del. I appreciate it. I appreciate that you don't agree with my position that permitting the Court to go 1 - 2- 3 more justices left would've endangered the republic. I get it. My position was made after very careful research, thought and deliberation. I guess that's the difference between me and you -- I will consider someone's argument if I don't agree with it, or even if I don't understand it - rather than just continually mock and belittle it. Yes, pushing the Court back right will, in my opinion, save the republic and the republican form of government. I could go over chapter and verse behind my rationale, but I've done that and you just prefer to mock it. Nice.

Safety
03-28-2017, 12:15 PM
Nice to see you on board, del. I appreciate it. I appreciate that you don't agree with my position that permitting the Court to go 1 - 2- 3 more justices left would've endangered the republic. I get it. My position was made after very careful research, thought and deliberation. I guess that's the difference between me and you -- I will consider someone's argument if I don't agree with it, or even if I don't understand it - rather than just continually mock and belittle it. Yes, pushing the Court back right will, in my opinion, save the republic and the republican form of government. I could go over chapter and verse behind my rationale, but I've done that and you just prefer to mock it. Nice.

If you really cared about the Republic, the effort would be to work towards removing a political ideology from the SCOTUS, not cheerleading for your team and using a scare tactic as justification.

Bethere
03-28-2017, 12:20 PM
Nice to see you on board, @del (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=770). I appreciate it. I appreciate that you don't agree with my position that permitting the Court to go 1 - 2- 3 more justices left would've endangered the republic. I get it. My position was made after very careful research, thought and deliberation. I guess that's the difference between me and you -- I will consider someone's argument if I don't agree with it, or even if I don't understand it - rather than just continually mock and belittle it. Yes, pushing the Court back right will, in my opinion, save the republic and the republican form of government. I could go over chapter and verse behind my rationale, but I've done that and you just prefer to mock it. Nice.

Excuse my friends please. It's hard for them to believe that you are real, but I know that you are.

Only people like you can end this. You know it and I know it. The fate of America and maybe the world is in your hands.

del
03-28-2017, 01:55 PM
Nice to see you on board, @del (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=770). I appreciate it. I appreciate that you don't agree with my position that permitting the Court to go 1 - 2- 3 more justices left would've endangered the republic. I get it. My position was made after very careful research, thought and deliberation. I guess that's the difference between me and you -- I will consider someone's argument if I don't agree with it, or even if I don't understand it - rather than just continually mock and belittle it. Yes, pushing the Court back right will, in my opinion, save the republic and the republican form of government. I could go over chapter and verse behind my rationale, but I've done that and you just prefer to mock it. Nice.

i think you should know that i put equal thought, deliberation and research into my opinion of your opinion.

carry on

del
03-28-2017, 02:00 PM
Excuse my friends please. It's hard for them to believe that you are real, but I know that you are.

Only people like you can end this. You know it and I know it. The fate of America and maybe the world is in your hands.
i appreciate the thought, but i have no need nor desire to be excused.

Tahuyaman
03-28-2017, 02:13 PM
If you really cared about the Republic, the effort would be to work towards removing a political ideology from the SCOTUS, not cheerleading for your team and using a scare tactic as justification.

Thats what's happening. The ideology which disregards the US constitution needs to be purged from the Supreme Court. The mind-set which says that their job is to re-write laws passed by the legislative branch needs to be purged from the court. The mentality which cites European law as the basis for their decision needs to be Purged from the court.

Bethere
03-28-2017, 02:20 PM
Thats what's happening. The ideology which disregards the US constitution needs to be purged from the Supreme Court. The mind-set which says that their job is to re-write laws passed by the legislative branch needs to be purged from the court. The mentality which cites European law as the basis for their decision needs to be Purged from the court.

I'm sorry. Your party has controlled the supreme court continuously since 1969. We aren't responsible for what your party has done.

Tahuyaman
03-28-2017, 02:31 PM
I'm sorry. Your party has controlled the supreme court continuously since 1969. We aren't responsible for what your party has done.

You are incorrect.

del
03-28-2017, 02:34 PM
You are incorrect.
once again, you don't know what you're talking about

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judicial_appointment_history_for_United_States_fed eral_courts#Supreme_Court

Tahuyaman
03-28-2017, 03:05 PM
Republican presidents have appointed many judges to the Supreme Court who ignore constitutional principles.

Bethere
03-28-2017, 03:07 PM
Republican presidents have appointed many judges to the Supreme Court who ignore constitutional principles.

So why blame their efforts on good time hero patriots like me and del?

Tahuyaman
03-28-2017, 03:15 PM
So why blame their efforts on good time hero patriots like me and del?

Where did I blame either one of you for anything? You need to quit thinking like you are some kind of victim.

I'm just pointing out that the party affiliation of the president who appointed a Supreme Court justice does not mean much.

Peter1469
03-28-2017, 03:16 PM
Are these tweets real?

Tahuyaman
03-28-2017, 03:28 PM
Are these tweets real?

I don't buy the idea that all of those people, or any of them for that matter voted for Trump.

Based on his conduct and promises made during his campaign, he's acting exactly as expected. To claim to be shocked and surprised now is disingenuous at best.

AZ Jim
03-28-2017, 04:28 PM
Are these tweets real?Hey Trumpette why not tweet a few and find out.

OGIS
03-28-2017, 11:12 PM
once again, you don't know what you're talking about

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judicial_appointment_history_for_United_States_fed eral_courts#Supreme_Court

That actually wasn't at all obvious to me. I actually had to read the chart. Yep. third column ("Appointed by Republicans") shows 6, 7, or 8 from 1972 all the way through 2012.

Of course, to be fair, some of the justices appointed by Republicans actually had minds of power, and so moved the court in liberal directions. But that is actually not relevant: they were still appointed by the Rethugs. Hey, it isn't the fault of the Democrats if you cons don't know how to vett judges!

And you're right: he doesn't know what the hell he is talking about.

OGIS
03-28-2017, 11:13 PM
Are these tweets real?

Are any tweets real?

Peter1469
03-29-2017, 06:20 AM
I don't buy the idea that all of those people, or any of them for that matter voted for Trump.

Based on his conduct and promises made during his campaign, he's acting exactly as expected. To claim to be shocked and surprised now is disingenuous at best.
They are probably bots.

patrickt
03-29-2017, 08:03 AM

Are you talking about the two racists who believe in the theory of disparate impact that were put on SCOTUS by the leftists?

And I'm truly sorry that Americans don't realize that only leftists can use scare tactics--global warming anyone, swine flu, the Republicans are coming--and cheerleading--but, but the pundits, the media, and the polls all said Hillary would win--and last but not least, supporting political ideologues who hate America.

Now, on with AZ's group hug.

del
03-29-2017, 08:04 AM
swine flu?

:rofl:

Common
03-29-2017, 08:06 AM

Yeah the same way you and the rest of the left worked towards removing political ideology when Obama appointed Sotomayor and Ellen Kagan.

Phony is as a phony does

del
03-29-2017, 08:07 AM
Yeah the same way you and the rest of the left worked towards removing political ideology when Obama appointed Sotomayor and Ellen Kagan.

Phony is as a phony does

Safety
03-29-2017, 08:21 AM

Phony is as a phony does

I'm sure you're able to find any post of mine where I have praised, supported, or spoke positively about those nominations.

Are you talking about the two racists who believe in the theory of disparate impact that were put on SCOTUS by the leftists?

And I'm truly sorry that Americans don't realize that only leftists can use scare tactics--global warming anyone, swine flu, the Republicans are coming--and cheerleading--but, but the pundits, the media, and the polls all said Hillary would win--and last but not least, supporting political ideologues who hate America.

Now, on with AZ's group hug.

I'm sorry, were you saying something?

Subdermal
03-29-2017, 10:08 AM

:thinking:

Um...that's what DGUtley's suggestion does.

Yes, we know that you think Constitutional Originalism/Constructionism is a political ideology of the Right, but that's only because the Left abandoned it. Right away.

It's only those Justices who you would consider Conservative who actually engage in the correct protocols. Justices aren't supposed to interpret the Constitution. They're supposed to interpret cases brought before them.

People like you will never understand the critical difference.

Subdermal
03-29-2017, 10:10 AM
i think you should know that i put equal thought, deliberation and research into my opinion of your opinion.

carry on

A prog who divides by zero is just another prog.

Subdermal
03-29-2017, 10:10 AM

:laughing1:

Tahuyaman
03-29-2017, 10:26 AM
They are probably bots.

I suspect that the overwhelming majority of those people did not vote for Trump as they claimed. Trump voters knew who he was and he's doing exactly as they expected.

Abby08
03-29-2017, 11:27 AM
I suspect that the overwhelming majority of those people did not vote for Trump as they claimed. Trump voters knew who he was and he's doing exactly as they expected.

You're right. I knew exactly what Trump was, I cringed watching the debates, as he insulted nearly everyone on the panel and, his inability to answer simple questions.

But, I got an entirely different feeling/sense, while watching Hillary, my blood actually ran cold, my gut kept screaming, " there's, a sneaky, dangerous person".

I'm no fool, I know exactly what Trump is, but, he isn't doing anything I didn't expect......he TOLD us what he was going to do, how can we now be surprised or outraged, that he's doing those things?

resister
03-29-2017, 11:44 AM
You're right. I knew exactly what Trump was, I cringed watching the debates, as he insulted nearly everyone on the panel and, his inability to answer simple questions.

But, I got an entirely different feeling/sense, while watching Hillary, my blood actually ran cold, my gut kept screaming, " there's, a sneaky, dangerous person".

I'm no fool, I know exactly what Trump is, but, he isn't doing anything I didn't expect......he TOLD us what he was going to do, how can we now be surprised or outraged, that he's doing those things?
They are all butthurt that he is actually delivering, so in order to discredit that, they just change the subject.

AZ Jim
03-29-2017, 12:27 PM
Where did I blame either one of you for anything? You need to quit thinking like you are some kind of victim.

I'm just pointing out that the party affiliation of the president who appointed a Supreme Court justice does not mean much.It would only "mean something" if they had been Democrat. Hypocrite.

Safety
03-29-2017, 12:32 PM
:thinking:

Um...that's what DGUtley's suggestion does.

Yes, we know that you think Constitutional Originalism/Constructionism is a political ideology of the Right, but that's only because the Left abandoned it. Right away.

It's only those Justices who you would consider Conservative who actually engage in the correct protocols. Justices aren't supposed to interpret the Constitution. They're supposed to interpret cases brought before them.

People like you will never understand the critical difference.

*yawn*

AZ Jim
03-29-2017, 12:33 PM
They are all butthurt that he is actually delivering, so in order to discredit that, they just change the subject. Ironic how many fools who are literally being killed by trumps policies are sitting here on this board touting him as the second coming of JC.

Tahuyaman
03-29-2017, 12:34 PM
It would only "mean something" if they had been Democrat. Hypocrite.

How is acknowledging that Republican president's have appointed several liberal justices a hypocrisy?

Tahuyaman
03-29-2017, 12:36 PM
Ironic how many fools who are literally being killed by trumps policies are sitting here on this board touting him as the second coming of JC.

Who is referring to him as the second coming of Christ? Who is being killed by his policy ideas?

resister
03-29-2017, 12:37 PM
Ironic how many fools who are literally being killed by trumps policies are sitting here on this board touting him as the second coming of JC.Two ironys here, you putting words in my mouth and you voted for one of the most corrupt politicians in world history!

Tahuyaman
03-29-2017, 12:42 PM

During the debates I Would just shake my head and wonder how anyone could support him, but apparently millions did. It contorts logic to believe those people have suddenly turned against him now. After all, his public comments have been much more measured and restrained than his campaign rhetoric.

MisterVeritis
03-29-2017, 01:17 PM
Right. How do we rid ourselves of the likes of Breyer, Ginsberg, Sotomayor and Kagan?

Common
03-29-2017, 02:29 PM
I'm sure you're able to find any post of mine where I have praised, supported, or spoke positively about those nominations.

I'm sorry, were you saying something?

I bet you cant find one where you bitched about it either

Safety
03-29-2017, 02:36 PM
I bet you cant find one where you bitched about it either

Ooooooo, snap. Now we have to prove a negative, where's the forum's tu quoque police when you need them....

del
03-29-2017, 02:38 PM

that's nice, honey

Safety
03-29-2017, 02:40 PM

Actually, a "prog" that divides by zero, would be undefined.

del
03-29-2017, 02:40 PM
Ooooooo, snap. Now we have to prove a negative, where's the forum's tu quoque police when you need them....
whining about being stuck on a plane, apparently

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/81126-Flying-sucks

Safety
03-29-2017, 02:41 PM
whining about being stuck on a plane, apparently

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/81126-Flying-sucks

How convenient...

Ransom
03-29-2017, 04:48 PM
The victims are sure thick tonight. Best remember to pick me up some citronellas at the local home store. Got three swatters this year too case we git infested. Been a mild winter.