PDA

View Full Version : Manafort's money laundering NYC real estate purchases

Bo-4
03-29-2017, 08:47 AM
Got dirty money that needs to get clean? Try Paulie Brand laundry detergent.

Fast, Reliable, Affordable ... and Stronger than Dirt!™

Paul J. Manafort, the former Trump campaign manager facing multiple investigations for his political and financial ties to Russia, has engaged in a series of puzzling real estate deals in New York City over the past 11 years.

Real estate and law enforcement experts say some of these transactions fit a pattern used in money laundering; together, they raise questions about Manafort’s activities in the New York City property market while he also was consulting for business and political leaders in the former Soviet Union.

Between 2006 and 2013, Manafort bought three homes in New York City, paying the full amount each time, so there was no mortgage.

Then, between April 2015 and January 2017 – a time span that included his service with the Trump campaign – Manafort borrowed about $12 million against those three New York City homes: one in Trump Tower, one in Soho, and one in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn.

Manafort’s New York City transactions follow a pattern: Using shell companies, he purchased the homes in all-cash deals, then transferred the properties into his own name for no money and then took out hefty mortgages against them, according to property records

Manafort’s 2006 purchase of a Trump Tower apartment for all cash coincided with his firm’s signing of a $10 million contract with a pro-Putin Russian oligarch, Oleg Deripaska, that was revealed last week in an investigative report (http://bigstory.ap.org/article/122ae0b5848345faa88108a03de40c5a/manaforts-plan-greatly-benefit-putin-government) by The Associated Press.

http://www.wnyc.org/story/paul-manaforts-puzzling-new-york-real-estate-purchases/

exotix
03-29-2017, 09:04 AM
Closing in on a Trumpf arrest and impeachment ... and I can't express this enough ... why would Trumpf run for president ? ... who in their right mind would expose themselves like this when Trumpf had a good thing going with crime syndicates and terrorists everywhere he went and in everything he did ?

Abby08
03-29-2017, 09:09 AM
Closing in on a Trumpf arrest and impeachment ... and I can't express this enough ... why would Trumpf run for president ? ... who in their right mind would expose themselves like this when Trumpf had a good thing going with crime syndicates and terrorists everywhere he went and in everything he did ?

Maybe, because there's nothing to the Russia thing?

Things aren't always as they seem.

I'm waiting for the final word.

Bo-4
03-29-2017, 09:17 AM

As McCain said - "There's a lot more shoes to drop from this centipede"

:evil:
http://www.freeourkids.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/centipede.jpg

FindersKeepers
03-29-2017, 09:50 AM
I'm always amazed at how some folks don't know how wealthy people move money.

After reading the OP, it seems likely to me that Manafort was doing well financially when he bought the first property over a decade ago and then purchased the other properties. Some people, if they know what they're doing, like to invest in real estate because it usually appreciates in value.

But then, it seems as if Manafort might have needed some capital for an investment and he mortgaged the properties to get that money. There are tax benefits to doing that.

I don't see any evidence of laundering.

He volunteered to testify before committee so I'm sure we'll all find out.

Bo-4
03-29-2017, 09:54 AM

After reading the OP, it seems likely to me that Manafort was doing well financially when he bought the first property over a decade ago and then purchased the other properties. Some people, if they know what they're doing, like to invest in real estate because it usually appreciates in value.

But then, it seems as if Manafort might have needed some capital for an investment and he mortgaged the properties to get that money. There are tax benefits to doing that.

He volunteered to testify before committee so I'm sure we'll all find out.

Boy, that was an unbelievably friendly spin FK - the timing is VERY suspicious on some off these deals, but it will indeed be fun to see him testify.

Go to 2:50 mark :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IadE6D5cEI

exotix
03-29-2017, 09:57 AM

He volunteered to testify before committee so I'm sure we'll all find out.Manafort was paid to buy property for Russian Crime Syndicates via Russian Money Laundering ... now directly connected to Trumpf (Trump Tower).

That's just the tip of the iceberg.

resister
03-29-2017, 10:39 AM
closing in on a trumpf arrest and impeachment ... And i can't express this enough ... Why would trumpf run for president ? ... Who in their right mind would expose themselves like this when trumpf had a good thing going with crime syndicates and terrorists everywhere he went and in everything he did ?lol17688