PDA

View Full Version : Obama’s campaign goes empty and strident

Chris
11-01-2012, 12:17 PM
Energetic in body but indolent in mind, Barack Obama in his frenetic campaigning for a second term is promising to replicate his first term, although simply apologizing would be appropriate. His long campaign’s bilious tone — scurrilities about Mitt Romney as a monster of, at best, callous indifference; adolescent japes about “Romnesia” — is discordant coming from someone who has favorably compared his achievements to those of “any president” since Lincoln, with the “possible” exceptions of Lincoln, LBJ and FDR. Obama’s oceanic self-esteem — no deficit there — may explain why he seems to smolder with resentment that he must actually ask for a second term....

And that's just the start @ George Will's Obama’s campaign goes empty and strident (http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/george-will-obamas-empty-strident-campaign/2012/10/31/a674ca54-237d-11e2-8448-81b1ce7d6978_story.html)

coolwalker
11-01-2012, 12:27 PM
George Will is one smart cookie...terrible dresser, but smart as crap.

Chris
11-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Yea, I don't always agree with Will, but he is insightful and can be biting with his criticism, and in this case is right on target.

coolwalker
11-01-2012, 02:05 PM
Now the burning question...will enough independents come out for Romney and will there be a re-count? If there is one, we know which way this Justice Department will lean.

roadmaster
11-01-2012, 02:16 PM
Most of the independents I know will be voting for Mitt as one myself. Would have preferred an independent con running but most of the time they don't get the votes unless it is a lower position.

coolwalker
11-01-2012, 02:21 PM
Most of the independents I know will be voting for Mitt as one myself. Would have preferred an independent con running but most of the time they don't get the votes unless it is a lower position.

All these polls have me getting confused...who's telling the truth, what standard do they use, do they call people who actually vote, are the people lying...if I could judge by yard signs it would be Romney...but to listen to the news Obama, since he decided to do something presidential, has surged ahead.

roadmaster
11-01-2012, 02:42 PM
All these polls have me getting confused...who's telling the truth, what standard do they use, do they call people who actually vote, are the people lying...if I could judge by yard signs it would be Romney...but to listen to the news Obama, since he decided to do something presidential, has surged ahead.

Don't know who they are calling and I don't put signs up. Can people be swayed because of Sandy, yes. Would not work here. We know all too much and been threw many.