PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

LabCat
11-01-2012, 02:21 PM
Hi All!
Greetings from the Eastern Shore of Mobile Bay.
My name is Larry and I am stuck at home recovering from my third heart attack. (congenital condition) I was a runner and hope to be one again soon. I have been lurking here during my recovery. It is good to be here.

Canadianeye
11-01-2012, 02:24 PM
Hi All!
My name is Larry and I am stuck at home recovering from my third heart attack. (congenital condition) I was a runner and hope to be one again soon. I have been lurking here during my recovery. It is good to be here.

Welcome LabCat. Hope you get feeling better, and running again.

roadmaster
11-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Welcome, must be in the gene history. Hope you can start running again.

coolwalker
11-01-2012, 02:30 PM
Welcome...Mobile Bay, as in Alabama? cool...!

Calypso Jones
11-01-2012, 02:31 PM
welcome. hope you enjoy your stay here.

Carygrant
11-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Write a few posts quick before you die .

"I have regular heart attacks but I am a runner " . An overdose will be less painful .

LabCat
11-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Yep! Coastal Alabama is one of the best kept secrets around!

LabCat
11-01-2012, 03:01 PM

"I have regular heart attacks but I am a runner " . An overdose will be less painful .

LabCat
11-01-2012, 03:04 PM
My motor is fine. It's the distributor that needs work. I would have had the attacks if I ran or not. :smiley:

Trinnity
11-01-2012, 03:42 PM
That was rude and uncalled for. Shame on you.

garyo
11-01-2012, 03:49 PM
How big is your prison cell?

garyo
11-01-2012, 03:50 PM
He's the regular Boor on here, a mush headed limey, welcome though.

Calypso Jones
11-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Is it Dauphin Island off Alabama?

oh yes. It's been a long time. That place was magic. well. my computer just froze up for a minute which means i should not think back to that summer.

LabCat
11-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Is it Dauphin Island off Alabama?

No. Dauphin Island is farther south, at the mouth of Mobile Bay. I am almost directly across from Downtown Mobile on the Eastern Shore of the Bay.

LabCat
11-01-2012, 04:06 PM
How big is your prison cell?

+\- 1,300 sq ft. I'm now home.

Captain Obvious
11-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Welcome LabCat, glad you're here.

I see it won't take you long to find out who the resident douchebags are.

I was in Alabama a few summers ago doing work, the family and I spent that summer on Orange Beach during the spill. It was fantastic, no crowds and the water and beaches were fine.

Ate oysters at Felix's like nobody's business.

garyo
11-01-2012, 04:19 PM
Sorry,that was directed at CaryGrant

Captain Obvious
11-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Sorry,that was directed at CaryGrant

Hah! I wasn't referring to you either.

LabCat
11-01-2012, 04:59 PM

I was in Alabama a few summers ago doing work, the family and I spent that summer on Orange Beach during the spill. It was fantastic, no crowds and the water and beaches were fine.

That was a scary summer. Felix's is great. R&R on the other side of the Causeway is good too.

Captain Obvious
11-01-2012, 05:32 PM
That was a scary summer. Felix's is great. R&R on the other side of the Causeway is good too.

There was another place just down the road called Bluegill that we tried. A little more casual and they had bands. I liked Bluegill's atmosphere more because I'm more of a casual guy who digs live music, but the food at Felix's was outstanding.

All part of the Ruth's Chris chain from what I understand.

LabCat
11-01-2012, 05:43 PM
There was another place just down the road called Bluegill that we tried. A little more casual and they had bands. I liked Bluegill's atmosphere more because I'm more of a casual guy who digs live music, but the food at Felix's was outstanding.

All part of the Ruth's Chris chain from what I understand.

The BlueGill has been around since the fifties. The original building was located where "Traders" resides now. Traders is the dome shaped building just east of the BlueGill. It blew away during Hurricane Frederic in 1979. I know it has changed hands a few times since Katrina.

Its nice pulling up to the BlueGill by boat and getting your feed on to some good music.

KC
11-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Welcome LabCat! Hope you stick around!

Trinnity
11-02-2012, 01:24 PM
Yes, welcome, LabCat. You seem right at home here already.

LabCat
11-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Thanks everyone! I feel right at home!

oceanloverOH
11-02-2012, 03:05 PM

Cary, did you just insult a newbie? Could you possibly BE any ruder????

KC
11-02-2012, 03:07 PM
Cary, did you just insult a newbie? Could you possibly BE any ruder????

It's his thing.

On my first post he asked if I was mentally challenged.

oceanloverOH
11-02-2012, 03:08 PM
Hi All!

Larry, welcome, glad to have you here. Have a thick skin, my friend....there are a few who are nasty just for the sake of being nasty. Looking forward to hearing your opinions!

Trinnity
11-02-2012, 03:11 PM
We need that troll dungeon.

Deadwood
11-02-2012, 03:12 PM

Why do you compliment mean, anti-social semi-psychotic dog shit and insult douchebags?

Deadwood
11-02-2012, 03:15 PM
Welcome Larry...

Having been through some serious medical challenges in recent weeks - as I write this I am recovering from eye surgery this morning I will say this: If you think you can, you probably will. If you think you can't, you won't.

I walked off 70 lbs last winter. Still waiting to hear about the results of the echo cardiogram from last night.

Work it is buddy...

Chris
11-02-2012, 03:15 PM

What a thing to say. Knock it off, Cary, must you always be so unthinking, no, nasty to everyone?

Mister D
11-02-2012, 03:19 PM
And he bristles when his nastiness returns to him.

LabCat
11-02-2012, 03:21 PM
Thanks everyone. Don't fret, I have a pretty thick skin, You can thank my in laws for that!

roadmaster
11-02-2012, 04:15 PM
Thanks everyone. Don't fret, I have a pretty thick skin, You can thank my in laws for that!

Good to have you here. :laugh:

Carygrant
11-02-2012, 04:18 PM
That was rude and uncalled for. Shame on you.

Again , a total zero comprehension of modern day humour .
If you come from an intelligent and good mannered background , you simply don't make such comments as literal ones
If you were not such an insular bunch , you might appreciate that this is one way an English person pays a compliment or shows friendliness .
FL is so much of an HBP that he sends me endless private messages with the sub text he is clueless .
As my lady friend says , Could you imagine ( Ukraine speak )

Carygrant
11-02-2012, 04:21 PM
What a thing to say. Knock it off, Cary, must you always be so unthinking, no, nasty to everyone?

Read above .
You insular bunch should check out international mores and stop living in the past like a bunch of HBPs reminiscing about , the Good Old Days .
You would not recognise an up to date friendly slap on the back if it was mistakenly shoved up your nose .

LabCat
11-02-2012, 04:26 PM
It matters not.

Let us portage this obstruction and get on with things...Shall we?

GrassrootsConservative
11-02-2012, 04:28 PM
There's nothing humorous about telling someone to overdose or make some posts on the internet before they die, Cary.
The only thing saving you from your own ignorance and hatred is to apologize like a man for saying the wrong thing at the wrong time.
But you won't do that, because you're British and you're too much of a pompous cockney asshole to admit you shame your whole nation with every post you make.

Chris
11-02-2012, 04:44 PM
Read above .
You insular bunch should check out international mores and stop living in the past like a bunch of HBPs reminiscing about , the Good Old Days .
You would not recognise an up to date friendly slap on the back if it was mistakenly shoved up your nose .

You're off topic and a boor. Let that be a mild warning.

GrassrootsConservative
11-02-2012, 04:46 PM
Welcome Labcat!

garyo
11-02-2012, 04:48 PM
God, you are one classless piece of shit.

LabCat
11-02-2012, 05:53 PM
Everything I know of England I learned from "Benny Hill".
I suppose that was a mistake....Mr. Bean perhaps?

Chris
11-02-2012, 05:55 PM
The two brits are funny.

Monty Python.

LabCat
11-02-2012, 05:59 PM
The two brits are funny.

Monty Python.

"Dead Parrot Sketch" Funniest bit ever.

Chris
11-02-2012, 06:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vuW6tQ0218

Captain Obvious
11-02-2012, 08:19 PM
Everything I know of England I learned from "Benny Hill".
I suppose that was a mistake....Mr. Bean perhaps?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg

Deadwood
11-02-2012, 08:21 PM
The last good thing to come out of Britain was Elton John...and he wears dresses, which should tell you all you all you need to know about Cary Grant.

Mister D
11-02-2012, 08:24 PM
Britain's decline has been sickening. From Churchill to knighting Elton John in what...50 years?

Captain Obvious
11-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Mr. Bean is the shit.

Cary is not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VvcqfyBk10

Deadwood
11-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Britain's decline has been sickening. From Churchill to knighting Elton John in what...50 years?

Eton John has talent.

Cary Grant is a perfect excuse for mandatory abortions.

the two are not in the same league

Mister D
11-02-2012, 08:35 PM
Eton John has talent.

Cary Grant is a perfect excuse for mandatory abortions.

the two are not in the same league

Talented entertainer? no doubt. A knight? lol

Cary is a buffoon but a appropriate representative of a degenerate and decaying Britain.

oceanloverOH
11-02-2012, 08:46 PM
...you might appreciate that this is one way an English person pays a compliment or shows friendliness .

Huh? I lived in Europe for several years and have known and befriended many Brits. What you posted is NOT how a typical Brit pays a compliment or shows friendliness, not even to someone he's known for years....never mind to someone he just "met". British social graces and mores are the same as everyone else's, perhaps even a tad less familiar from the outset....yours are just skewed.

At least LabCat is being a good sport and a gentleman about it.

Deadwood
11-02-2012, 08:49 PM
If you were not such an insular bunch , you might appreciate that this is one way an English person pays a compliment or shows friendliness .

On which planet would that be.

And what breed is your "lady friend'?

LabCat
11-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Well, he sure spends like a European. How many balloons would Levon have to sell to pay for those flowers anyway?

"AP
Talking of flowers, Elton John spent a huge amount of money on them back in 1996. The singer spent some $450,000 in just 20 months on flowers but that was just the tip of his spending-iceberg. In total, Elton spent some $50 million between January 1996 and September 1997 alone -- yikes.
Related:

Download the latest releases in the MSN Music Store"

Captain Obvious
11-02-2012, 08:52 PM
Talented entertainer? no doubt. A knight? lol

Cary is a buffoon but a appropriate representative of a degenerate and decaying Britain.

Cary is a knight.

... of the round orifice.

Chris
11-02-2012, 08:56 PM
I think Cary's French. I already pointed out how his punctation is French. Frog faking a limey.

Captain Obvious
11-02-2012, 08:58 PM
I think Cary's French. I already pointed out how his punctation is French. Frog faking a limey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8yjNbcKkNY

Trinnity
11-02-2012, 09:17 PM
I'd let Elton John on my property. Hell, I'd invite him in for a drink. Madonna on the other hand, would be given a very unfriendly greeting if she showed up here. Nuff said.

LabCat
11-02-2012, 09:36 PM
I'd let Elton John on my property. Hell, I'd invite him in for a drink. Madonna on the other hand, would be given a very unfriendly greeting if she showed up here. Nuff said.

Agreed. Elton John is one of the few performers I regret having not seen live.

Deadwood
11-02-2012, 09:37 PM
Cary is a knight.

... of the round orifice.

No.

He's insane.

Deadwood
11-02-2012, 09:41 PM
Agreed. Elton John is one of the few performers I regret having not seen live.

I did, here in Vancouver. It was one of the most amazing concerts I have ever attended and I am not that much of a fan.

pollycy
11-08-2012, 08:43 AM

Why would an Obama-lover be in such a bad mood? Your Hitler has been re-elected! Rejoice, and don't be so ugly....

roadmaster
11-09-2012, 11:57 PM
Welcome

Cedric
11-10-2012, 07:55 AM
Welcome LabCat. You will run again. The body is going to do what the body is going to do where the heart is concerned and so you might as well continue with your athletics as soon as you have recovered enough to get back to it.

Myself I am working at keeping a positive attitude about this stuff since my mother and my brother both have heart conditions. My chosen exercise routines involve yoga and self-training in martial arts. I have absolutely no intention of turning my back on either of those if my body is still capable of going the distance at all.