PDA

View Full Version : Why do we attribute so much to the president ?

donttread
04-01-2017, 06:50 PM
I'm as guilty as anyone else , "Bush this", "Obama that" Trump said", "Clinton did." But in reality how much control does the America president really have ( outside of exc. orders) and emergencies most of his real policy must be approved.
To what extent is the America president really "leader of the free world" and to what extent is he just a glorified figure head?
Or, since it's Saturday night and some of you might be stoned : "To what extent is he both the "leader of the free world AND a figure head.
We give credit and blame to president that often belong to all of Washington. In most cases of course that means lots of rhetoric and brimstone and little action.

Peter1469
04-01-2017, 10:51 PM
The US president is less powerful than most heads of state. At least domestically.

resister
04-01-2017, 10:53 PM
I have always thought he was just a puppet for the hidden hand, the rothchilds, illuminatti....etc. What have you.

Dr. Who
04-01-2017, 11:20 PM
I'm as guilty as anyone else , "Bush this", "Obama that" Trump said", "Clinton did." But in reality how much control does the America president really have ( outside of exc. orders) and emergencies most of his real policy must be approved.
To what extent is the America president really "leader of the free world" and to what extent is he just a glorified figure head?
Or, since it's Saturday night and some of you might be stoned : "To what extent is he both the "leader of the free world AND a figure head.
We give credit and blame to president that often belong to all of Washington. In most cases of course that means lots of rhetoric and brimstone and little action.
Good point. POTUS hasn't much real power, however, he is the representative figure-head by which the nation is known both to its citizens and to the rest of the world. What is worrysome is that he has the ultimate control over the deployment of nuclear weapons.

donttread
04-02-2017, 07:32 AM
I have always thought he was just a puppet for the hidden hand, the rothchilds, illuminatti....etc. What have you.

The "bluebloods" . Interesting stuff, but I think most of our politican are just puppets for the super rich in general.

donttread
04-02-2017, 07:36 AM
Good point. POTUS hasn't much real power, however, he is the representative figure-head by which the nation is known both to its citizens and to the rest of the world. What is worrysome is that he has the ultimate control over the deployment of nuclear weapons.

I feel like this is yet another area where most other developed country's citizens understand so much more about their government than John Q. in America understands about his own. In fact in many cases citizens of other countries understand more about OUR government than our average citizen does.

Peter1469
04-02-2017, 07:37 AM
The "bluebloods" . Interesting stuff, but I think most of our politican are just puppets for the super rich in general.

The Blue Bloods are the North Eastern elite. (Some have moved to New Orleans and likely other spots).

He is talking about people above the Blue Bloods.

donttread
04-02-2017, 07:40 AM

Don't be too harsh on the nukes . They've prevented WW 3 for 70 plus years . Even as the "Super Powers" ( BTW, Did Marvel come up withthat name?) are itching to make war. With somebody. Anybody. Everybody, as long as they don't have nukes.
It hasn't been such a good thing for those without nukes as that's who's stuff gets taken and where "proxy wars" are fought. But no WW 3 when there was less than a quarter century between WW 1 and WW 2 .

patrickt
04-02-2017, 08:08 AM
Because we have decided to abandon the Constitution and give the president powers he is not supposed to have. You know, little things like inviting foreign nationals to flood across the border with no controls but plenty of financial assistance and wage wars without consent of Congress or a Declaration of War.

George Washington allegedly rejected the crown. Many presidents since have lusted for a crown.

resister
04-02-2017, 08:36 AM
The Blue Bloods are the North Eastern elite. (Some have moved to New Orleans and likely other spots).

Would the world banking cabal be an accurate description?

resister
04-02-2017, 08:40 AM
Would the world banking cabal be an accurate description?Or the Bilderbergers, a multi generational, satanic conspiracy to rule mankind?

donttread
04-02-2017, 04:22 PM

DAMN! There are people higher than that? Which group are the Rothchilds and Rockafellers in?