PDA

View Full Version : On Diversity of Top Staff, Senate Republicans Outpace Democrats

DGUtley
04-01-2017, 07:40 PM
On Diversity of Top Staff, Senate Republicans Outpace Democrats

Of 336 top personal staffers for the Senate’s 100 members, including chiefs of staff or legislative directors, only three were black in 2015, the Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies’ racial diversity study reported. Today, five of those top staffers are black: One works for a Democrat and the other four work for Republicans.

For a Democratic Party that boasts that diversity is its strength, the lack of it among Democrat staffers on Capitol Hill doesn’t make much sense.

http://dailysignal.com/2017/03/29/this-senator-is-1-of-only-5-with-a-top-staffer-who-isnt-white/

Common
04-01-2017, 07:45 PM
Take note how the liberals arent coming near this thread like they will get 1st degree burns.

resister
04-01-2017, 08:29 PM
Take note how the liberals arent coming near this thread like they will get 1st degree burns.
Last liberal defense is...:f_run:

Safety
04-01-2017, 08:43 PM
Kudos to the GOP for diversifying the support staff, I mean it isn't like minorities don't have experience in keeping things running behind the scene. They helped the south with their agriculture economy for centuries....

Let me know when the GOP shows diversity to the top spot like the Dems have already done.

resister
04-01-2017, 08:44 PM
Kudos to the GOP for diversifying the support staff, I mean it isn't like minorities don't have experience in keeping things running behind the scene. They helped the south with their agriculture economy for centuries....

Let me know when the GOP shows diversity to the top spot like the Dems have already done.
WOW...just wow!!!

resister
04-01-2017, 08:46 PM
Let me know when the GOP shows diversity to the top spot like the Dems have already done.Ben Carson says "WHAT"?

Safety
04-01-2017, 08:47 PM
Ben Carson says "WHAT"?

You mean the HUD secretary, that Ben Carson? The dems already broke that "ceiling" a while ago.

resister
04-01-2017, 08:51 PM
You mean the HUD secretary, that Ben Carson? The dems already broke that "ceiling" a while ago.
So how do you feel about the diversity of top staff today! Or, in the democrats case, the extreme lack thereof? lol

Safety
04-01-2017, 08:52 PM
So how do you feel about the diversity of top staff today! Or, in the democrats case, the extreme lack thereof? lol

I feel about it the same way you feel about Obama being black.

resister
04-01-2017, 08:53 PM
I feel about it the same way you feel about Obama being black.Now you read minds as well as be a racial apologist for your party! lol

Safety
04-01-2017, 08:56 PM
Now you read minds as well as be a racial apologist for your party! lol

Sure, I'm also clairvoyant to notice you wouldn't answer.

patrickt
04-01-2017, 08:58 PM

Picking an affirmative action baby does nothing but make it harder for the next person. It was a Democrat, Geraldine Ferraro, who accurately pointed out that had Barack Obama been white no one would have considered nominating him with his record. And, remember what Joe Biden said? ""I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."
http://edition.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/31/biden.obama/

You give the top slot to an unqualified person who hates America and think that gives you a pass on hiring minorities.

Safety, I sincerely hope when you get government healthcare they pick your doctor as carefully as they picked the king.

resister
04-01-2017, 09:00 PM
Sure, I'm also clairvoyant to notice you wouldn't answer.Answer what, you are the one who ignored the OP in favor of changing the subject and ignoring your partys lack of diversity, resister predicts you will continue to deflect desperately from the OP.

resister
04-01-2017, 09:15 PM
Sounds like a quite country night! lol

Tahuyaman
04-01-2017, 09:25 PM
There is absolutely no diversity within the Democratic Party. They all are in complete mind numbing lock-step on nearly every issue. They are all of one mind.

resister
04-01-2017, 09:28 PM
:f_run:

DGUtley
04-02-2017, 06:44 AM

How many minorities have the D's ever run? The R's ran more this year than the D's have ever run. Cmon man. Look at your history -- the R's have advanced more minorities in political positions than the D's. Look at Bush alone. Condi and Colin. You guys acted like Loretta was the second coming and we were: Done that, twice. We just don't scream about because we deal on merit.

Safety
04-02-2017, 07:56 AM
How many minorities have the D's ever run? The R's ran more this year than the D's have ever run. Cmon man. Look at your history -- the R's have advanced more minorities in political positions than the D's. Look at Bush alone. Condi and Colin. You guys acted like Loretta was the second coming and we were: Done that, twice. We just don't scream about because we deal on merit.

Most of the racial, gender and religious diversity will be represented by Democratic lawmakers in the House and Senate, even though the party is the minority of both chambers.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/306480-115th-congress-will-be-most-racially-diverse-in-history

As for the "merit" claim...sure.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/amp/gop-dem-intern-class-photos-show-diversity-differences-n614261

Speaks for itself. How many members of Trump's cabinet are from Goldman Sachs?

Merit. :rofl:

DGUtley
04-02-2017, 08:00 AM
You think Bush picked Condi because of race? Really?

patrickt
04-02-2017, 08:11 AM
The first black President will be a conservative. Barack Obama was a King, a wannabee dictator, a community organizer. He might have pulled it off if he hadn't been driven by a hatred of America.

Safety
04-02-2017, 08:12 AM
You think Bush picked Condi because of race? Really?

Who did she replace?

DGUtley
04-02-2017, 08:14 AM
Who did she replace?

it is not relevant.

Safety
04-02-2017, 08:19 AM
it is not relevant.

Oh? Her replacing Colin Powell as SoS, is not relevant?

It's also just a coincidence that the RNC picked Michael Steele as their chairman as soon as Obama was elected, right?