PDA

View Full Version : Perry Refuses Romney’s Request to ‘Repudiate’ Pastor’s Anti-Mormon Comments

Conley
10-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Texas Gov. Rick Perry’s campaign rejected a call Tuesday from Mitt Romney to “repudiate” the remarks of a pastor who described Romney’s Mormon faith as a “cult.”

The former Massachusetts governor made the demand during a news conference Tuesday afternoon in New Hampshire, where New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie endorsed Romney’s presidential candidacy.

Romney, speaking to reporters after the endorsement announcement, said a “religious test” should not be part of the political process. He put the onus on Perry to distance himself from Dallas-area pastor Robert Jeffress, who introduced Perry at a speech to conservatives in Washington Friday.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/10/11/perry-refuses-romneys-request-to-repudiate-pastors-anti-mormon-comments/#ixzz1aWjKzpk5

Interesting. Looks like religion will be an issue.

Conley
10-11-2011, 08:32 PM
Christie endorsed Romney at the event also, not a big surprise. They are similar.

Mr. Wonderful
10-12-2011, 05:56 AM
These guys are irrelevant now. Vote for Cain. He knows business.

MMC
10-12-2011, 07:41 AM
One things for sure I don't care how much Perry pushes to make himself seem like he is a Conservative. He is no Republican. The other day I heard him talking and all I could think of was yeah thats why you backed Gore. I mean it was like my first thought. The issue was connceted to. Then the second thought.....thats why you were a Democrat eh Perry. Third.....there is no difference between a Neo-Con and a Neo-Lib. Both look to the NWO.

Cain can be attacked on his knowledge of Foreign Policy. But I do not see where else when it comes to fiscal matters. Moreover many like his 9-9-9 plan. From what i am hearing from the debate.

Personally this should not be news tho. Romney each and every time he has run knows his religion comes up. Thats each and every-time. As usual he knew it before jumping in. Republicans will not put a Mormon into the POTUS Postion.