PDA

View Full Version : The Far Right’s Witch Hunt Inside the Trump White House

OGIS
04-03-2017, 11:20 AM
Godddammit, where's my bag of popcorn?

The Far Right’s Witch Hunt Inside the Trump White HouseRight-wing trolls are claiming they ousted a top Trump staffer last week and, whether or not that is true, they feel emboldened to do it again.

The post-Steve Bannon (http://www.thedailybeast.com/content/dailybeast/articles/2017/03/02/inside-steve-bannon-s-failed-breitbart-india-scheme.html) Breitbart, prolific far-right internet troll Chuck Johnson (http://www.thedailybeast.com/content/dailybeast/articles/2016/10/10/chuck-c-johnson-planned-to-send-rape-victim-to-debate-two-weeks-before-trump-tapes.html), and a host of online conservative activists are out for blood—and they have their sights set on the “traitors” still dwelling in, and they believe leaking from, the Trump White House (http://www.thedailybeast.com/topics/donald-trump.html).

This week, they’d tell you they claimed their first scalp—whether or not it’s actually true. On Thursday afternoon, Politico reported (http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/trump-deputy-chief-of-staff-katie-walsh-moving-to-outside-political-groups-236706) that White House deputy chief of staff Katie Walsh, an ally of chief of staff Reince Priebus, was departing the two-month-old Trump administration. Walsh is set to serve as an adviser to the Republican National Committee and the struggling, turmoil-laden pro-Trump nonprofit America First Policies (http://www.thedailybeast.com/content/dailybeast/articles/2017/02/22/pro-trump-group-is-m-i-a-just-when-he-needs-it-most.html).

That same afternoon, Bannon, Priebus, and...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/04/02/the-far-right-s-witch-hunt-inside-the-trump-white-house.html

Bo-4
04-03-2017, 11:45 AM
LoL - Purge those "Obama holdovers" amiright Trumpkins?

:rofl:

OGIS
04-03-2017, 11:57 AM
lol - purge those "obama goldstein holdovers" amiright trumpkins?

:rofl:

ftfy

decedent
04-03-2017, 01:18 PM
The far right is also usurping Trump from Congress. The Freedom Caucus seems to have repudiated him.

So many far-right coup plotters.

Ethereal
04-03-2017, 01:38 PM
The far right is also usurping Trump from Congress. The Freedom Caucus seems to have repudiated him.

Lower taxes, balanced budgets, and free markets = Far right

Yea, maybe if you're a Marxist.

Subdermal
04-03-2017, 02:44 PM
What a goofy nonstory. The liberal pasta factory is operating three shifts right now.

decedent
04-03-2017, 04:37 PM
What a goofy nonstory. The liberal pasta factory is operating three shifts right now.

Trump seems upset about it. On Thursday, he tweeted this: "The Freedom Caucus will hurt the entire Republican agenda if they don't get on the team, & fast"

This will never happen. Trump's agenda and the far-right's agenda are too different.

The coup plotters are in the hen house.

MisterVeritis
04-03-2017, 04:40 PM

So many far-right coup plotters.
English is not your first language, is it?

OGIS
04-03-2017, 05:21 PM

Why is it goofy, Subdermal?

Why is it a non-story, Subdermal?

Please be as specific as possible.

OGIS
04-03-2017, 05:22 PM

What is unclear to you in what he said, MisterVeritis?

Please be specific.

Peter1469
04-03-2017, 06:03 PM
Trump seems upset about it. On Thursday, he tweeted this: "The Freedom Caucus will hurt the entire Republican agenda if they don't get on the team, & fast"

This will never happen. Trump's agenda and the far-right's agenda are too different.

The coup plotters are in the hen house.

The coup plotters are Obama-bots left over in government along with whatever government in exile Obama and Hillary set up.

The conservatives are against the president because Trump is not a conservative. But their activity is typical politics. Not a coup.

Tahuyaman
04-03-2017, 06:10 PM
The coup plotters are Obama-bots left over in government along with whatever government in exile Obama and Hillary set up.

The conservatives are against the president because Trump is not a conservative. But their activity is typical politics. Not a coup.

You are absolutely right.
Conservatives believe that they can win you over or defeat you politically based on the merits of their ideas. The extreme fringe either left or right of American politics doesn't believe in that idea.

We currently have no far right presence in our government, but we do have an extreme left wing presence.

Don
04-03-2017, 06:15 PM

The problem for me is that president Trump ran using rhetoric right out of the freedom caucuses handbook. As a candidate he correctly identified the Ryan type republicans as part of the swamp he wanted to drain. He said he was different than all the candidates before him who talked the talk but never walked the walk after they were elected. That is why he was elected. The pattern he is showing now is that he is just like all the candidates before him.

Subdermal
04-03-2017, 06:24 PM
Why is it goofy, Subdermal?

Why is it a non-story, Subdermal?

Please be as specific as possible.

It's a hack piece that invents discord to feed your asinine narrative. That's all the specificity anyone requires.

You're failing.

Tahuyaman
04-03-2017, 06:26 PM
The problem for me is that president Trump ran using rhetoric right out of the freedom caucuses handbook....

Only with the issues of taxation and Supreme Court nominations. But those are two biggies.

Tahuyaman
04-03-2017, 06:27 PM
It's a hack piece that invents discord to feed your asinine narrative. That's all the specificity anyone requires.

You're failing.

I don't know if it's a hack piece, but it clearly represents and obscure fringe element which has no impact.

Peter1469
04-03-2017, 06:29 PM
The problem for me is that president Trump ran using rhetoric right out of the freedom caucuses handbook. As a candidate he correctly identified the Ryan type republicans as part of the swamp he wanted to drain. He said he was different than all the candidates before him who talked the talk but never walked the walk after they were elected. That is why he was elected. The pattern he is showing now is that he is just like all the candidates before him.
Trump didn't run as a conservative. He was all over the place. He was to the left of Hillary on many issues.

Ultimately the election was not about right or left, as I have said for 2 years.

He won on an America First platform. Nationalism versus the march towards Globalism that Hillary was leading.

We can't look at current politics as left or right any longer.

OGIS
04-03-2017, 07:15 PM

There are no coup plotters. This is RWNJ paranoia, and normal totalitarian-minded politics (where every wannabe Big Brother needs a Goldstein to be the cause of every disaster. OMG, Trump got a hangnail! OBAMA GOLDSTEIN STRIKES AGAIN!

And the tpf RWNJ peanut gallery chants along in time with the Two Minute Hate.

Subdermal
04-03-2017, 07:20 PM
There are no coup plotters. This is RWNJ paranoia, and normal totalitarian-minded politics (where every wannabe Big Brother needs a Goldstein to be the cause of every disaster. OMG, Trump got a hangnail! OBAMA GOLDSTEIN STRIKES AGAIN!

:biglaugh:

Yeah...none of this was engaged in with the intent to damage/overthrow a sitting US President.

:laughing1:

Peter1469
04-03-2017, 07:41 PM
Incorrect.

del
04-03-2017, 07:47 PM
coup

lol

Mini Me
04-03-2017, 09:20 PM
Lower taxes, balanced budgets, and free markets = Far right

Yea, maybe if you're a Marxist.

That's hilarious! Since when have the Rethugs ever done these things? Its part of the Rethug mythology!

Mini Me
04-03-2017, 09:25 PM

This is why Trump wont prevail! Cons hate him because he is too progressive, and the left hates him because he is Trump! And the world looks upon him with disdain and contempt!

Something has to give!

decedent
04-03-2017, 09:27 PM

Did I confuse you?

Conspiracy nonsense.

Yes, the Obama bots forced Congressional republicans to reject Trump's bill.

Mini Me
04-03-2017, 09:28 PM
You are absolutely right.
Conservatives believe that they can win you over or defeat you politically based on the merits of their ideas. The extreme fringe either left or right of American politics doesn't believe in that idea.

We currently have no far right presence in our government, but we do have an extreme left wing presence.
We have the far out right, which is fascism, and a left that is soft and squishy, but not very cudly!

The center has been carved out and is hollow now, as is the middle class.

Tahuyaman
04-03-2017, 09:32 PM
We have the far out right, which is fascism, and a left that is soft and squishy, but not very cudly!

The center has been carved out and is hollow now, as is the middle class.

Shhhh......

Mini Me
04-03-2017, 09:40 PM
Trump didn't run as a conservative. He was all over the place. He was to the left of Hillary on many issues.

Ultimately the election was not about right or left, as I have said for 2 years.

He won on an America First platform. Nationalism versus the march towards Globalism that Hillary was leading.

We can't look at current politics as left or right any longer.

True! But Trump is being held hostage by the Ryan block and he resents that. It is a power struggle!
In the meantime, the Trump ship is seriously listing, and taking on water, and the crew is mutinying and tossing people to the sharks!

Mini Me
04-03-2017, 09:44 PM
:biglaugh:

Yeah...none of this was engaged in with the intent to damage/overthrow a sitting US President.

:laughing1:
Trumps team of thugs does this all on their own!He is twittering away his mandate!
Its a rogues gallery of a cabinet!

Ethereal
04-04-2017, 01:39 PM
That's hilarious! Since when have the Rethugs ever done these things? Its part of the Rethug mythology!
Justin Amash and Rand Paul are not "Rethugs", they are libertarian-leaning Republicans who have stood against endless war, domestic police statism, and crony capitalism.

Tahuyaman
04-04-2017, 02:04 PM
I wish Rand Paul could somehow shed the stigma of being Ron Paul's son.

I've had many conversations with people where I bring up Rand Paul's views and I usually receive comments about his father and his occasional kookiness.

I have a favorable opinion of Ron Paul too, but his occasional kookiness makes some people view all of his views as kooky.

Mini Me
04-04-2017, 09:37 PM
Justin Amash and Rand Paul are not "Rethugs", they are libertarian-leaning Republicans who have stood against endless war, domestic police statism, and crony capitalism.

Rand is certainly a cut above the typical Rethug!