PDA

View Full Version : Recounts likely -- James Baker

Deadwood
11-01-2012, 10:15 PM
His name may not be a household word, but Jame Baker served in the cabinet of three presidents, two of them as chief of staff; for Ronald Reagan and Bush the elder, as well as commerce secretary under Gerry Ford [we won't hold that against him].

This man knows politics and, why the headline: "Recount likely" is rather lame and in "really" You're shitting me!", this is a very enlightening interview....

And no, it doesn't answer the question of who will win..

"There are three or four states today, Bret, that require a recount if the result is within a certain number of percentage points. And so it's not in -- not entirely unlikely that we might have a recount in a -- in two or three of those states. And that could then trigger what happened in 2000," former Secretary of State James Baker said about the possibility of a recount.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/11/01/james_baker_not_entirely_unlikely_that_we_might_ha ve_a_recount.html

Conley
11-01-2012, 11:04 PM
If James Baker isn't a household name, folks need to spend a little more time on American History :wink:

Deadwood
11-01-2012, 11:18 PM
If James Baker isn't a household name, folks need to spend a little more time on American History :wink:

I assume the worst with some of the individuals in here....it is a great interview though. gives great insight to the realities of politics

Conley
11-01-2012, 11:24 PM
I assume the worst with some of the individuals in here....it is a great interview though. gives great insight to the realities of politics

Normally I'd say assuming is a bad habit...but you're dead on :laugh:

oceanloverOH
11-01-2012, 11:31 PM
Normally I'd say assuming is a bad habit...but you're dead on :laugh:

I always thought Mr. Baker an interesting man. First of all....he was a US Marine. That goes a long way as a positive recommendation of character (even is he WAS an officer, lol), as far as I'm concerned. Secondly, like Reagan himself, he was a former Democrat.