PDA

View Full Version : Some humans are worse than animals

Common
04-05-2017, 07:03 AM
Boss lets maid fall 7 stories, films the whole thing (http://nypost.com/2017/04/04/maid-plunged-7-stories-as-her-boss-filmed-the-whole-thing/)
A terrified maid pleaded for help as she dangled from a seven-story building, but her employer just filmed as she lost her grip and plummeted below, the shocking footage shows.
The Ethiopian worker, who survived the fall with just a broken arm, claims she was fleeing someone trying to kill her inside the apartment in Kuwait.
“The lady put me in the bathroom and was about to kill me in the bathroom without anybody finding out, she would have thrown my body out like rubbish, so instead of staying there I went to save myself and then I fell,” she said, according to local media reports.
The footage shows the maid gripping to the balcony and crying, “Hold me, hold me,” but her Kuwaiti boss just replies, “Crazy, come,” before the woman’s hand slips and she falls, landing on a metal awning not far from the ground.
Police have since arrested the employer for not lifting a finger to help, then posting the clip on social media, the AFP reports. (https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/31/kuwait-woman-arrested-filming-maid-suicide-attempt)
The boss claims she filmed the ordeal in case she was accused of killing the maid, according to the Independent. (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/ethiopia-maid-fall-seventh-floor-video-kuwait-employer-kill-her-escape-a7666541.html)
The oil-rich gulf state is home to some 600,000 foreign domestic workers, mostly from Asia and Africa, and accusations of abuse at the hands of employers are common.

http://nypost.com/2017/04/04/maid-plunged-7-stories-as-her-boss-filmed-the-whole-thing/

Adelaide
04-05-2017, 07:06 AM
That's a messed up thing to do.

Crepitus
04-05-2017, 07:24 AM
Boss lets maid fall 7 stories, films the whole thing (http://nypost.com/2017/04/04/maid-plunged-7-stories-as-her-boss-filmed-the-whole-thing/)

A terrified maid pleaded for help as she dangled from a seven-story building, but her employer just filmed as she lost her grip and plummeted below, the shocking footage shows.
The Ethiopian worker, who survived the fall with just a broken arm, claims she was fleeing someone trying to kill her inside the apartment in Kuwait.
“The lady put me in the bathroom and was about to kill me in the bathroom without anybody finding out, she would have thrown my body out like rubbish, so instead of staying there I went to save myself and then I fell,” she said, according to local media reports.
The footage shows the maid gripping to the balcony and crying, “Hold me, hold me,” but her Kuwaiti boss just replies, “Crazy, come,” before the woman’s hand slips and she falls, landing on a metal awning not far from the ground.
Police have since arrested the employer for not lifting a finger to help, then posting the clip on social media, the AFP reports. (https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/31/kuwait-woman-arrested-filming-maid-suicide-attempt)
The boss claims she filmed the ordeal in case she was accused of killing the maid, according to the Independent. (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/ethiopia-maid-fall-seventh-floor-video-kuwait-employer-kill-her-escape-a7666541.html)
The oil-rich gulf state is home to some 600,000 foreign domestic workers, mostly from Asia and Africa, and accusations of abuse at the hands of employers are common.

http://nypost.com/2017/04/04/maid-plunged-7-stories-as-her-boss-filmed-the-whole-thing/

What's the problem? This guy would fit in fine with wealthy American conservatives who don't wanna help poor people, feed children, or get healthcare for the sick or handicapped but do want to give big tax cuts to themselves.

Common Sense
04-05-2017, 07:26 AM
Working conditions in the Gulf States are beyond horrible. Millions live in virtual slavery. I'm actually shocked that there were any charges.

Adelaide
04-05-2017, 07:33 AM
Working conditions in the Gulf States are beyond horrible. Millions live in virtual slavery. I'm actually shocked that there were any charges.

Probably due to the social media/YouTube aspect. Otherwise, I agree they probably wouldn't have done anything.

Standing Wolf
04-05-2017, 07:36 AM
Slavery existed in that part of the world for thousands of years, and apparently many "traditionalists" there don't see any reason to give it up.

patrickt
04-05-2017, 07:40 AM
That's a messed up thing to do.
I agree wholeheartedly. But, I also think filming people jumping from the World Trade Centers and playing it over and over and over again on television is a messed up thing to do. Me? I never saw it because after watching the holocaust at the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, Texas, I got rid of my television. And, people making videos to post on Facebook as old men are being beaten or young girls are being raped and doing nothing to interfere is a messed up thing to do.

What's really sad are the fools who point fingers and think, quite sincerely, but we're nothing like them. The idea that Hitler was a normal human being who had too much power terrifies people.

Common
04-05-2017, 08:11 AM
What's the problem? This guy would fit in fine with wealthy American conservatives who don't wanna help poor people, feed children, or get healthcare for the sick or handicapped but do want to give big tax cuts to themselves.
I get you confused with exotix now, I have to look at your name twice to make sure who you are

Common
04-05-2017, 08:13 AM
I agree wholeheartedly. But, I also think filming people jumping from the World Trade Centers and playing it over and over and over again on television is a messed up thing to do. Me? I never saw it because after watching the holocaust at the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, Texas, I got rid of my television. And, people making videos to post on Facebook as old men are being beaten or young girls are being raped and doing nothing to interfere is a messed up thing to do.

What's really sad are the fools who point fingers and think, quite sincerely, but we're nothing like them. The idea that Hitler was a normal human being who had too much power terrifies people.

If you cant determine the difference between people jumping off the WTT and it being filmed by the news and replayed. With a guy who could save a woman just standing their filming her instead and waiting for her to fall 7 stories then I dont know what to tell you.

Crepitus
04-05-2017, 08:20 AM
I get you confused with exotix now, I have to look at your name twice to make sure who you are

Is that supposed to be an insult? Those are against forum rules you know.

The Xl
04-05-2017, 08:53 AM
Jesus Christ.

Common
04-05-2017, 08:56 AM

No you should take it as a compliment

Ransom
04-05-2017, 09:06 AM
:biglaugh:

The Victim role here on tpf has been filled to overcapacity for some time but thanks for your application.

Cletus
04-05-2017, 09:10 AM

Yet study after study shows that Conservatives consistently do more to help the poor using their own money than Liberals do.

Liberals love to help the less fortunate... as long as someone else is paying for it.

Cletus
04-05-2017, 09:11 AM

Maybe Exotix won't file a complaint.

Crepitus
04-05-2017, 09:30 AM
:biglaugh:

The Victim role here on tpf has been filled to overcapacity for some time but thanks for your application.

More nonsense.

Crepitus
04-05-2017, 09:30 AM
Yet study after study shows that Conservatives consistently do more to help the poor using their own money than Liberals do.

Liberals love to help the less fortunate... as long as someone else is paying for it.

What studies are those? Links?

Ransom
04-05-2017, 09:31 AM
More nonsense.

funny though huh?

birddog
04-05-2017, 09:48 AM
No you should take it as a compliment

That is funny, even a lib should agree!:roflmao: By the way, it's likely true also. :grin:

Cletus
04-05-2017, 10:00 AM
What studies are those? Links?

Many of them have been cited here on the forum repeatedly.

Look them up.

FindersKeepers
04-05-2017, 10:22 AM

Not "a guy." The employer is a woman -- a Muslim woman. Females, especially females of other cultures, are not highly regarded in Islam.

Do a little additional research some time before you go off half-cocked in the wrong direction. You and your conspiracy theories!

Crepitus
04-05-2017, 10:23 AM
Many of them have been cited here on the forum repeatedly.

Look them up.

Good old Cletus, king of the unsubstantiated claim.

Cletus
04-05-2017, 11:05 AM

Nah, I just don't feel like doing the work for you.

These discussions have been held in the past right here on this forum. You participated in some of them. If you can't remember that far back, there is probably little I can do to help you.

donttread
04-05-2017, 11:08 AM

She fell 7 stories and walked away? Now that's one tough chick! If I were her former boss I'd be looking over my shoulder for a long time!

Standing Wolf
04-05-2017, 11:25 AM

I have to wonder how much of what self-id'ed Conservatives contribute to "help the poor" actually goes to buy mansions and private jets for popular television evangelists and fund "Christian amusement parks" and things like Creationist Museums. "Charitable contributions" covers a lot of territory - much of which has very little to do with any poor people.

Cletus
04-05-2017, 01:00 PM
I have to wonder how much of what self-id'ed Conservatives contribute to "help the poor" actually goes to buy mansions and private jets for popular television evangelists and fund "Christian amusement parks" and things like Creationist Museums. "Charitable contributions" covers a lot of territory - much of which has very little to do with any poor people.

I wouldn't know.

I do know that studies have shown that Conservatives contribute more to charity than Liberals, year after year. What the charities do with the money, I don't know.

Crepitus
04-05-2017, 02:34 PM
Not "a guy." The employer is a woman -- a Muslim woman. Females, especially females of other cultures, are not highly regarded in Islam.

Do a little additional research some time before you go off half-cocked in the wrong direction. You and your conspiracy theories!

"person".

Happy?

Doesn't change a thing.

Crepitus
04-05-2017, 02:35 PM

At a guess? 75-85%

Jets and mansions ain't cheap.

Neither are megachurches and TV time.

jimmyz
04-05-2017, 02:42 PM
Jesus Christ.

Nope. It was Allah that saved her life with only a broken arm to deal with.

jimmyz
04-05-2017, 02:45 PM

Private Charities? I don't know what goes where. But my taxes that are supposed to be used for the good are redirected to Federal Programs for damned sure.

Crepitus
04-05-2017, 02:46 PM
Nah, I just don't feel like doing the work for you.

These discussions have been held in the past right here on this forum. You participated in some of them. If you can't remember that far back, there is probably little I can do to help you.

So basically you got nuthin.

Dismissed.

Cletus
04-05-2017, 03:10 PM

Dismissed.

I have told you before about that. The day will never come when I can be dismissed by some little wannabe. You may be able to impress somebody with your bullshit, but that somebody is not me.

FindersKeepers
04-05-2017, 03:22 PM

Nationally, I haven't a clue, but around here -- the conservatives (and liberals) contribute not only their money, but also their time, to help others. Granted, most are affiliated with Mennonites in my area, and they don't vote so they claim no political affiliation, but they are very fiscally conservative. They live frugally and they donate huge sums to help the less fortunate. It doesn't matter if the recipient is Christian or not -- Mennonite Aid helps them buy homes, pay off big hospital bills and helps clothe, feed and shelter the victims of disasters. No government help involved. I've yet to see a Mennonite in a mansion or a private jet.

I think the money you might be thinking of is that which is donated directly into fundamentalist church coffers to pay evangelist and charismatic types.

FindersKeepers
04-05-2017, 03:23 PM

Dismissed.

You misjudge Cletus. If he says is -- it's so.

Ransom
04-05-2017, 03:26 PM

Much like your Russian collusion assertions.

Dismissed.

Indeed

Ransom
04-05-2017, 03:27 PM

Pot, meet kettle

Crepitus
04-05-2017, 05:51 PM
I have told you before about that. The day will never come when I can be dismissed by some little wannabe. You may be able to impress somebody with your bullshit, but that somebody is not me.

Lol, you are already irrelevant. Have a nice day!

Crepitus
04-05-2017, 05:52 PM
You misjudge Cletus. If he says is -- it's so.

Lmao! He's a conservative! Everything he says is suspect until verified.

Crepitus
04-05-2017, 05:59 PM
Much like your Russian collusion assertions.

Indeed

Weak.

You fail as usual.

Move along.

Crepitus
04-05-2017, 06:01 PM
Pot, meet kettle

You have pot?

That actually explains a lot.

Don
04-05-2017, 07:40 PM

There are over 300,000 protestant churches in the U.S. and according to Wickipedia there are 1300 mega churches. About 50 on the list had average attendance exceeding 10,000, with the highest recorded at 47,000 in average attendance.

Even among these I doubt very many "pastors" have mansions and private jets and fund Christian amusement parks.

I would bet those mainstream churches do a lot of charity work and I'd bet a lot of members do volunteer work. I would also bet that many people would give even more if the money wasn't taken from them and mostly wasted by the federal government.

Dr. Who
04-05-2017, 11:18 PM
I wouldn't know.

I do know that studies have shown that Conservatives contribute more to charity than Liberals, year after year. What the charities do with the money, I don't know.
Do you want to know what I dislike about charities? The fact that you can't trust them to be what they purport to be. Charities are big business and a guaranteed way to hide income. So many are essentially fraudulent that the whole concept is tainted. I just don't trust them, any of them.

Ransom
04-06-2017, 06:07 AM
Do you want to know what I dislike about charities? The fact that you can't trust them to be what they purport to be. Charities are big business and a guaranteed way to hide income. So many are essentially fraudulent that the whole concept is tainted. I just don't trust them, any of them.
You should do at least some research on Catholic Charities before making such a broad sweeping claim. Many charities such as Meals on Wheels, Catholic Adoption Services, grocery handouts, etc.

There is probably a Catholic Charity or meals on wheels rolling by your neighborhood right now off to help someone while you sit idle and post criticism. DO you really know anything about most charities, Dr. Who?

OGIS
04-06-2017, 08:34 AM

They are? It sure seems like some conservatives here post nothing but insults.

Crepitus
04-06-2017, 03:47 PM

Yup. And liberals get sent to the hole for saying "lol".

Dr. Who
04-06-2017, 04:51 PM
You should do at least some research on Catholic Charities before making such a broad sweeping claim. Many charities such as Meals on Wheels, Catholic Adoption Services, grocery handouts, etc.

There is probably a Catholic Charity or meals on wheels rolling by your neighborhood right now off to help someone while you sit idle and post criticism. DO you really know anything about most charities, Dr. Who?
Neither the Catholic Charity nor meals on wheels is knocking on my door every other night or calling. In fact, neither ever ask me for money. It's all the dubious charities that are always asking for money. It's not like I never donate to charity. I will donate to the Red Cross, particularly when things like hurricanes or other natural disasters occur. I have also donated to the Salvation Army and a few other charities, but for the most part I don't want to give most of them a penny without due diligence. You have to understand that my work also includes insurance and defense of lawyers for professional liabiiity and all too often that involves their actions in some high profile charity scam involving wealthy people trying to hide income in "foundations". It tends to make one suspicious.

jimmyz
04-06-2017, 05:25 PM

Sore winner syndrome?