PDA

View Full Version : It's almost as if the election of Trump has emboldened racists and morons.

OGIS
04-08-2017, 09:54 AM
Sad! Basket of Deplorables, indeed!

Nice to see Airbnb step up to the plate on this.

Of course I am absolutely certain that some on this forum will point to the fortuitous presence of a news crew and claim that this is all fake news.

Riverside Woman Denied Lodging on Airbnb During Big Bear Snow Storm Because of Her Race

A Riverside woman and her three friends made a two-hour drive in harrowing winter weather for a weekend trip to Big Bear, only to find once she arrived the group would be denied shelter because of her race.

Dyne Suh is speaking out about the Feb. 17 incident in which an Airbnb host in Running Springs told her she was canceling the booking Suh had made because she is Asian.

“I wouldn’t rent to you if you were the last person on Earth,” screenshots show the host told Suh. “One word says it all. Asian.”

http://ktla.com/2017/04/06/riverside-woman-denied-lodging-on-airbnb-during-big-bear-snow-storm-because-of-her-race

Crepitus
04-08-2017, 10:08 AM
"Almost as if"?

FindersKeepers
04-08-2017, 10:54 AM

Of course I am absolutely certain that some on this forum will point to the fortuitous presence of a news crew and claim that this is all fake news.

From your link, it sounds like something more than just "race" set off the argument.

“If you think four people and two dogs ate (sic) getting a room fir (sic) $50 a night on Big Bear mountain during the busiest weekend of the year… You are insanely high,” screenshots show the host told her, calling her a con artist.

Cletus
04-08-2017, 10:58 AM
From your link, it sounds like something more than just "race" set off the argument.

It does.

The reality is that Liberals are the most racist people on the planet. Not all, of course, but most. Liberalism (modern) needs racism in order to succeed. It is part of its very foundation.

del
04-08-2017, 11:13 AM

“I wouldn’t rent to you if you were the last person on Earth,” screenshots show the host told Suh. “One word says it all. Asian.”

yeah, i'm convinced it wasn't about race.

:rofl:

exotix
04-08-2017, 11:19 AM
It does.

The reality is that Liberals are the most racist people on the planet. Not all, of course, but most. Liberalism (modern) needs racism in order to succeed. It is part of its very foundation.
Well its not like Dems/Libs actually have a mascot of racisssm ... LOL

https://m.hrc.onl/secretary/05-feed/04-sept/30-trump-meme/trump-meme-feed-inline-2.jpg

DGUtley
04-08-2017, 11:50 AM
1. I have no idea what caused this. I'm skeptical that this person (the landlord) actually made these statements about Trump. However, assuming that this person did, the tenant is absolutely wrong -- racism was alive and well in the Obama administration. It was his favorite tool -- the race card, and he played it frequently:

2. Regardless of whether the landlord (hereinafter referred to as the "Defendant") is or isn't a Trump fan, it was illegal for said Defendant to refuse to rent said public accommodation to said tenant (hereinafter referred to as the "Plaintiff") on the basis of race.

3. Sadly, this election brought out the worse on both sides (and continues to do so).

patrickt
04-08-2017, 02:33 PM

Actually the racists and morons protesting preceded the election and continued for a while after that. I suppose those celebrating Sen. Clinton's victory from January 10th on missed it.

Trumpster
04-08-2017, 02:59 PM
I believe there were black men shooting and killing white cops during the Obama administration? Wasn't that racist?

Headline: "A Black Man Shoots a White Cop Dead in Georgia, and No One Says a Word"

Cthulhu
04-08-2017, 03:57 PM
Private property owner exercising their natural property rights.

Not seeing a problem here.

Fear profits a man nothing.

Doublejack
04-08-2017, 04:25 PM
Sounds like a lot is missing from the story.

Doesn't excuse the racist comments to which that employee is probably going to get the boot but still.

I suspect all involved were being idiots.

FindersKeepers
04-08-2017, 04:36 PM
yeah, i'm convinced it wasn't about race.

:rofl:

Read better. I didn't say there was no racial animus.