PDA

View Full Version : Spicer: Hitler 'was not using the gas on his own people the same way that Assad is

Bethere
04-11-2017, 02:00 PM
Spicer is another big fan of the Germanic Christian ethos, as well as a purveyor of fake news and right wing apologism.

Obviously.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/11/politics/sean-spicer-hitler-assad-gas-chemical-weapons/&ved=0ahUKEwiCh4OqjJ3TAhUo5IMKHcUNBmoQqOcBCB0wAQ&usg=AFQjCNHIGDtUqoFWGDJJtqGTiAbUAL6vDg

del
04-11-2017, 02:03 PM
he's an excellent apologist.

Bethere
04-11-2017, 02:05 PM
he's an excellent apologist.

His lame defense is like drawing a contrast between harvesting caged versus free range chickens.

Captain Obvious
04-11-2017, 02:34 PM
The left cheers for murdering tyrants.

Notice how the left here cheered when Syria was able to run airstrikes on women and children.

The left cheers for ISIS, al Qaida, North Korea, Iran, anyone who hates and is an enemy of America.

FindersKeepers
04-11-2017, 02:36 PM
I don't see that as a "defense," but he really could have thought his comments through a bit more before wording it that way. He meant to say that not even Hitler used chemical weapons. Hitler did much worse, of course, but it is true that he didn't use chemical weapons.

Ethereal
04-11-2017, 02:37 PM
What a moron. He should be fired.

Bethere
04-11-2017, 02:45 PM
I don't see that as a "defense," but he really could have thought his comments through a bit more before wording it that way. He meant to say that not even Hitler used chemical weapons. Hitler did much worse, of course, but it is true that he didn't use chemical weapons.

Yeah, he did. He killed 6 million jews with Zyklon B.

Cannons Front
04-11-2017, 02:47 PM
While the way the information was passed on leaves a lot to be desired, he is not wrong. The Germans did not use chemical weapons on the battlefield in WW2. Yes they used poison gas to kill millions but they were not used at random without regard on the battlefield.
Does that make Hitler better? Of course not he was a monster. Does that make Assad worse than Hitler? No but it does show a reckless regard for human life and non combatants.

Bethere
04-11-2017, 02:50 PM
While the way the information was passed on leaves a lot to be desired, he is not wrong. The Germans did not use chemical weapons on the battlefield in WW2. Yes they used poison gas to kill millions but they were not used at random without regard on the battlefield.
Does that make Hitler better? Of course not he was a monster. Does that make Assad worse than Hitler? No but it does show a reckless regard for human life and non combatants.

Yeah, I see your point. It was used on millions of people cornered in small rooms so it wasn't a weapon.

When dylan Klebold killed all of those kids cornered in the columbine school library I am sure that his assault rifle wasn't actually a weapon.

Common Sense
04-11-2017, 02:56 PM

Notice how the left here cheered when Syria was able to run airstrikes on women and children.

The left cheers for ISIS, al Qaida, North Korea, Iran, anyone who hates and is an enemy of America.
Holy fuck...that's a big load of shit ya got there Mister. Try spreading it out rather than just dumping it in one big pile like that.

Cannons Front
04-11-2017, 02:59 PM
Yeah, I see your point. It was used on millions of people cornered in small rooms so it wasn't a weapon.
When dylan Klebold killed all of those kids cornered in the columbine school library I am sure that his assault rifle wasn't actually a weapon.

That is not what I said nor was it meant that way. I am not defending Hitler, he killed millions using gas, he also shot, hanged, burned and killed people in many other ways. He was responsible for a great many more than the 6 million death camp deaths.
I did not say he did not use Chemical weapons, I said they did not use them on the battlefield. What Assad did would have been like if Hitler had Gassed London, Paris or Moscow, he did not do that, there is a difference.
Does that make Hitler less of an evil monster, Nope not one bit
Assad and Hitler are not equals, Hitler is by far worse, but the statement was that "even Hitler didn't use Chemical Weapons on the Battlefield"

Common Sense
04-11-2017, 03:02 PM
Spicer clearly is an idiot. Guess he forgot about Zyklon B.

Tahuyaman
04-11-2017, 03:37 PM
Spicer is another big fan of the Germanic Christian ethos, as well as a purveyor of fake news and right wing apologism.

Obviously.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/11/politics/sean-spicer-hitler-assad-gas-chemical-weapons/&ved=0ahUKEwiCh4OqjJ3TAhUo5IMKHcUNBmoQqOcBCB0wAQ&usg=AFQjCNHIGDtUqoFWGDJJtqGTiAbUAL6vDg

He wasn't being an apologist. Everyone with any common sense knew what he was trying to communicate. That being said, he chose a poor example in an attempt to communicate his view.

Tahuyaman
04-11-2017, 03:39 PM

Actually their hate hate or support of our enemies depends on who is guiding American foreign policy. Except in the case of Islam. The left loves Islam no matter what.

Tahuyaman
04-11-2017, 03:41 PM

Hes is an idiot becasue he made a poor choice in this instance and you generally disagree with his political views?

Common Sense
04-11-2017, 03:43 PM
Hes is an idiot becasue he made a poor choice in this instance and you generally disagree with his political views?
Idiot may not be the right word. Disingenuous and ignorant may be better descriptors.

Tahuyaman
04-11-2017, 03:48 PM
Idiot may not be the right word. Disingenuous and ignorant may be better descriptors.

He's an intelligent guy who used a poor example. No press secretary for a Democratic administration has ever done that before, huh?

del
04-11-2017, 03:49 PM

hi, mac

FindersKeepers
04-11-2017, 04:13 PM

And yet, it wasn't used as a chemical weapon.

Do you intentionally misunderstand?

del
04-11-2017, 04:15 PM
it's fun watching them defend spicer and hitler.

FindersKeepers
04-11-2017, 04:15 PM

Are you seriously going to follow Bethere down that rabbit hole?

FindersKeepers
04-11-2017, 04:17 PM

It's even more fun watching those who do not know the difference between a weapon and a means of execution.

del
04-11-2017, 04:20 PM
It's even more fun watching those who do not know the difference between a weapon and a means of execution.
i know that comparing hitler favorably to anyone is a really stupid thing to do, but defending it is special olympics material.

better get a bigger goalie glove, dearie.

FindersKeepers
04-11-2017, 04:22 PM
i know that comparing hitler favorably to anyone is a really stupid thing to do, but defending it is special olympics material.

better get a bigger goalie glove, dearie.

You're trying too hard. :laugh:

del
04-11-2017, 04:23 PM
that's nice, honey.

Common Sense
04-11-2017, 04:23 PM

...as are you, trying to defend Spicer's inane comments.

FindersKeepers
04-11-2017, 04:25 PM
...as are you, trying to defend Spicer's inane comments.

When our troops are on the front lines -- I sure hope they have plenty of electric chairs -- cuz, those are darned good weapons. LOL

FindersKeepers
04-11-2017, 04:28 PM
that's nice, honey.

I know, doll.

Crepitus
04-11-2017, 04:55 PM

This is getting downright ridiculous.

And embarrassing.

Dangermouse
04-11-2017, 05:00 PM

Mindless semantic quibbling over recategorising the application of gases used still leaves Spicer and his rabid defenders as dolts.

Tahuyaman
04-11-2017, 05:06 PM
No one has been defending Hitler.

sheesh......

FindersKeepers
04-11-2017, 05:06 PM
Mindless semantic quibbling over recategorising the application gas used still leaves Spicer and his rabid defenders as dolts.
Again, there is a difference between a "weapon" and "means of execution."

If there are truly some here who haven't clue as to what Spicer meant -- I pity them. I really do. Then again, they may actually think Hitler lobbed gas chambers, via missile, into crowded Jewish quarters, using them as a weapon.

#TheLiberalMindWorksInMysteriousWays

del
04-11-2017, 05:07 PM
#consdefendhitler

FindersKeepers
04-11-2017, 05:08 PM

sheesh......

This latest game is just an extension of playing the race card -- they're playing the Hitler card. Never mind that they've already been Trumped. Yup, pun intended.

Common Sense

sheesh......

Did anyone make that claim?

FindersKeepers
#consdefendhitler

#LibsAreHitler

FindersKeepers
04-11-2017, 05:09 PM

Dangermouse

Common Sense
04-11-2017, 05:10 PM
Dangermouse
In post #30?

Tahuyaman
04-11-2017, 05:12 PM

Yes.

FindersKeepers
04-11-2017, 05:12 PM
In post #30?

That's what I thought until I just reread it. My bad.

Carry on.

Common Sense
04-11-2017, 05:13 PM
Yes.
Where?

del
04-11-2017, 05:13 PM
Where?
somewhere

Bethere
04-11-2017, 05:14 PM
He wasn't being an apologist. Everyone with any common sense knew what he was trying to communicate. That being said, he chose a poor example in an attempt to communicate his view.

"Everyone with common sense."

Insults like that make you an unpopular playmate.

Tahuyaman
04-11-2017, 05:16 PM
Where?
for the second time.......

clearly deal was claiming that people were defending Hitler.

Tahuyaman
04-11-2017, 05:17 PM
"Everyone with common sense."

Insults like that make you an unpopular playmate.

Insults? Where?

Common Sense
04-11-2017, 05:22 PM
for the second time.......

clearly deal was claiming that people were defending Hitler.

Fair enough. Missed that.

Bethere
04-11-2017, 05:24 PM
Are you seriously going to follow Bethere down that rabbit hole?

It's not a rabbit hole. Here's what you said.

Crepitus
04-11-2017, 07:02 PM
You con's are splitting hairs in an attempt to defend Spicer, who displayed the same appalling lack of tact, education, and IQ, that has thus far characterized his tenure as press secretary.

I'm actually starting to fell sorry for our resident consies. Defending tRump and his halfwit cronies must be exhausting.

Bo-4
04-11-2017, 07:07 PM
hi, mac

Oh man .. I was missing Mac ever so!!

Mini Me
04-11-2017, 07:55 PM

Mussolini gassed 1000's of innocent tribal villagers in Ethiopia!
Hitler didn't use gas because he got gassed during WW I !

Mini Me
04-11-2017, 07:58 PM
Holy fuck...that's a big load of shit ya got there Mister. Try spreading it out rather than just dumping it in one big pile like that.

Cappy believes in the big lie of Goebbels!

"Go big or go home" is his motto!

FindersKeepers
04-12-2017, 05:18 AM
It's not a rabbit hole. Here's what you said.

It's a rabbit hole.

Adelaide
04-12-2017, 06:10 AM
Hitler's Germany invented Sarin (the supposed chemical used in Syria) just shortly before WWII for use, among others. He did use chemical weapons. Admittedly, probably not as often as others but Nazi Germany's chemical weapons program was highly successful.

Adelaide
04-12-2017, 06:15 AM
That is not what I said nor was it meant that way. I am not defending Hitler, he killed millions using gas, he also shot, hanged, burned and killed people in many other ways. He was responsible for a great many more than the 6 million death camp deaths.
I did not say he did not use Chemical weapons, I said they did not use them on the battlefield. What Assad did would have been like if Hitler had Gassed London, Paris or Moscow, he did not do that, there is a difference.
Does that make Hitler less of an evil monster, Nope not one bit
Assad and Hitler are not equals, Hitler is by far worse, but the statement was that "even Hitler didn't use Chemical Weapons on the Battlefield"
Hitler did use them in combat. According to Wikipedia, two specific battles were the main occasions. A broader search has quite a few sources saying he did not use chemical weapons, but I am inclined to believe that they were used at least a few times since they went to the trouble of having an advanced chemical weapons team creating things like Sarin. Supposedly, Hitler's experience with gas during the previous great war made him not want to use it on soldiers - interesting, given the amount of Jews, Poles, disabled, so forth, that he gassed.

Adelaide
04-12-2017, 06:17 AM

Come on Tahuyaman, surely you can admit this was a pretty ridiculous gaffe? Who doesn't know that gas was used in WWII by Germany? The Holocaust is one of the main portions of the war that is taught about.

Adelaide
04-12-2017, 06:20 AM

They are partly right. Hitler didn't permit the use of chemical weapons on soldiers in combat except in "exceptional" situations because his own past experience in WWI. Apparently he viewed them as humans or something and didn't afford the same to the camp prisoners.

FindersKeepers
04-12-2017, 06:21 AM
Hitler's Germany invented Sarin (the supposed chemical used in Syria) just shortly before WWII for use, among others. He did use chemical weapons. Admittedly, probably not as often as others but Nazi Germany's chemical weapons program was highly successful.

I knew he had chemical weapons, but I've never read that he actually used them.

Adelaide
04-12-2017, 06:22 AM

What about the experimentation that helped lead to the development of new chemical weapons?

Adelaide
04-12-2017, 06:23 AM
I knew he had chemical weapons, but I've never read that he actually used them.
Sevastopol and a few other times. Not often, but he did use them outside of the gas chambers.

FindersKeepers
04-12-2017, 06:24 AM
What about the experimentation that helped lead to the development of new chemical weapons?

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

There is a distinct difference between weapon in a lab, or in testing, and a weapon used in battle.

Adelaide
04-12-2017, 06:24 AM
#consdefendhitler
Hitler did not use chemical weapons frequently and many sources say he never did use them. While it is clear that reputable sources are saying he used them in a handful of cases, people are not wrong in thinking he never did. That doesn't make them Hitler supporters or Nazis.

Adelaide
04-12-2017, 06:31 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by this.

There is a distinct difference between weapon in a lab, or in testing, and a weapon used in battle.

I am just trying to figure out where you draw the line. Spicer was wrong because there were ethnic Germans in the camps who were gassed. A chemical weapon is a chemical weapon, whether it is dropped on a battalion or through a hole in the ceiling.

The experimentation part is probably what appalls me the most.

Bethere
04-12-2017, 07:35 AM
Hitler did not use chemical weapons frequently and many sources say he never did use them. While it is clear that reputable sources are saying he used them in a handful of cases, people are not wrong in thinking he never did. That doesn't make them Hitler supporters or Nazis.

Nonsense. He killed 6 million jews, many of whom were german citizens, with chemical weapons.

Mister D
04-12-2017, 07:43 AM
I am just trying to figure out where you draw the line. Spicer was wrong because there were ethnic Germans in the camps who were gassed. A chemical weapon is a chemical weapon, whether it is dropped on a battalion or through a hole in the ceiling.

The experimentation part is probably what appalls me the most.
When we execute criminals in the gas chamber are we using "chemical weapons"?

Bethere
04-12-2017, 07:44 AM
When we execute criminals in the gas chamber are we using "chemical weapons"?

Absolutely.

Consider the firing squad. Are those rifles suddenly not weapons?

Common Sense
04-12-2017, 07:47 AM
weap·on
ˈwepən/
noun

a thing designed or used for inflicting bodily harm or physical damage.

Mister D
04-12-2017, 07:50 AM
weap·on
ˈwepən/
noun

a thing designed or used for inflicting bodily harm or physical damage.

So the US uses chemical weapons. Indeed, "weapons of mass destruction". OK lol Maybe Syria should bomb us.

Mister D
04-12-2017, 07:50 AM
Absolutely.

Consider the firing squad. Are those rifles suddenly not weapons?

No problem. lol

Mister D
04-12-2017, 07:51 AM
Thanks for the laugh this morning.

Crepitus
04-12-2017, 08:25 AM
LOL at the Consies still trying to defend this after even Spicer himself has admitted it was a stupid comment.

Cletus
04-12-2017, 08:54 AM

It should have been obvious even to someone with a diminished capacity, like most of the Liberal Democrats on this board, that Spicer was talking about using chemical weapons in the field as a tactical weapon.

He made no attempt to deny the use of Zyklon B or Carbon Monoxide in his efforts to exterminate prisoners of the state.

Why can't you people ever post in good faith?

Tahuyaman
04-12-2017, 08:56 AM
Come on Tahuyaman, surely you can admit this was a pretty ridiculous gaffe? Who doesn't know that gas was used in WWII by Germany? The Holocaust is one of the main portions of the war that is taught about.

As I said, I knew what he was saying, but he used extremely poor judgement in his coment. He used the wrong analogy.

That doesn't make him an idiot. He's an intelligent man who needs to be on his A game every time he steps in front of the media as they are all looking to destroy the man.

Bo-4
04-12-2017, 09:13 AM
Sporty Spicey had another very bad day :grin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi8_j6bAMQQ

Mister D
04-12-2017, 09:16 AM
It should have been obvious even to someone with a diminished capacity, like most of the Liberal Democrats on this board, that Spicer was talking about using chemical weapons in the field as a tactical weapon.

He made no attempt to deny the use of Zyklon B or Carbon Monoxide in his efforts to exterminate prisoners of the state.

Why can't you people ever post in good faith?
Ya think?

Chris
04-12-2017, 09:16 AM
Social justice warriors. Dismissed.

AeonPax
04-12-2017, 09:17 AM
`
`

https://s15.postimg.org/lnpi5w6qj/1491972105132.jpg

Mister D
04-12-2017, 09:17 AM
As I said, I knew what he was saying, but he used extremely poor judgement in his coment. He used the wrong analogy.

That doesn't make him an idiot. He's an intelligent man who needs to be on his A game every time he steps in front of the media as they are all looking to destroy the man.

I agree. He should know that they're looking to crucify him and that they have an extremely gullible following who will lap it all up. Still, this really was a stupid thread.

Tahuyaman
04-12-2017, 09:55 AM
I agree. He should know that they're looking to crucify him and that they have an extremely gullible following who will lap it all up. Still, this really was a stupid thread.

He has to be nearly perfect all the time. Everything he says is going to be scrutinized. He is not going to have the luxury of a fawning press corps like his predecessor had. The media was defending the gaffs of obama's press secretary.