PDA

View Full Version : Media Favoritism May Be Hurting Obama

Chris
11-02-2012, 03:08 PM
An interesting look at a possible media bias backlash.

This election's X-factor may be a gift to Romney from the mainstream media. It is the suppression of public expression of support for him. However, while pre-election polls may not have been fully recording it, Election Day may finally capture Romney's true support level for the first time -- to Obama's ultimate detriment.

If this theory of media-suppressed Romney support sounds unlikely, think again. The enormous fluidity of Independents' support has been the hallmark of the last two national elections.

...Despite this clear lead among Independents, it is still quite possible their support of Romney is undercounted.

The media's fawning coverage of Obama from 2008 until today has always signaled their "correct choice" when it comes to candidates....

...People know the conclusions that the media want them to reach. They also know the answers they are supposed to give. For both reasons, they may still be giving that answer to pollsters now, suppressing Romney's support.

...on Election Day we all may get a surprise -- most especially the media that did the most to create it.

@ Media Favoritism May Be Hurting Obama (http://spectator.org/archives/2012/11/02/media-favoritism-may-be-hurtin)

Calypso Jones
11-02-2012, 03:12 PM
Personally. I am sick and tired of their lies and their flagrant goal of impacting elections in this country. Time to show them we've had enough.

Deadwood
11-02-2012, 03:20 PM
Having been in the media for the Carter/Reagan election the media slat was in full force then, if not more so. There was no Fax news, Rush or very few right wing talk shows hosts. [If Rush was around he was so small as to not be noticed by us in the MSM]

I doubt any political scientists would attribute Reagan's victory to a media backlash, but it didn't hurt.

Reagan, though, had something Romney does not, the ability to relate to the common man, hence the killer line "are you better off today than when Jimmy Cater was elected?"

One debate, one line.

Romney has not had his

Chris
11-02-2012, 03:37 PM
Only line I remember from Romney so far is "I'm here to help you and your family." Enough to send me packing for the hills!

I feel more like Calypso, it's tiresome, irritating, and you want to lash out at them.

Calypso Jones
11-02-2012, 04:03 PM
Having been in the media for the Carter/Reagan election the media slat was in full force then, if not more so. There was no Fax news, Rush or very few right wing talk shows hosts. [If Rush was around he was so small as to not be noticed by us in the MSM]

I doubt any political scientists would attribute Reagan's victory to a media backlash, but it didn't hurt.

Reagan, though, had something Romney does not, the ability to relate to the common man, hence the killer line "are you better off today than when Jimmy Cater was elected?"

One debate, one line.

Romney has not had his

In my opinion, the majority of voters did not realize the extent to which the media was impacting the election. Reagan knew somehow to take his message directly to the voter. How he did that is beyond me. Today, the media blocks that message. I don't think they had their strategy quite down pat at that time as they do today. Today they are evil and destructive. They are enemies of the American People.

Trinnity
11-02-2012, 04:10 PM
Oh, I think there's a big backlash coming on election day. All the signs point to it.

Calypso Jones
11-02-2012, 05:38 PM
I'm SO ready for it.

Trinnity
11-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Me too. Obama is not loved in NOrth Carolina.
Even among Blacks.

Morningstar
11-02-2012, 06:43 PM
An interesting look at a possible media bias backlash.

@ Media Favoritism May Be Hurting Obama (http://spectator.org/archives/2012/11/02/media-favoritism-may-be-hurtin)

Popular media has them neck and neck.

This is part of the reason why I am predicting a Romney win.

Of course, all my friends think I'm crazy. But I'll be the one laughing on election night...