PDA

View Full Version : Etiquette Experts Weigh In On Trump’s Awkward Walking Distance From Melania

Chris
04-19-2017, 09:21 PM
This is just terrible!

Etiquette Experts Weigh In On Trump’s Awkward Walking Distance From Melania (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-melania-body-language_us_58f769bbe4b05b9d613edb9b)

https://i.snag.gy/OhiyVq.jpg

People on Twitter recently pointed out that the president left his wife, Melania, behind while deplaning Air Force One over the weekend. In one photo, the president is at the bottom of the airplane’s stairs, greeting and saluting people on the ground, while Melania is still descending.

https://i.snag.gy/SuaLb8.jpg?nocache=1492655280001

...Though Trump and his wife have descended the stairs together at the same speed a few times before ― and many other presidents haven’t always descended the stairs with their first lady ― the incident is part of a larger pattern of the president’s body language and etiquette toward his wife. The Huffington Post reached out to two etiquette experts, Jacqueline Whitmore and Elaine Swann, to get their takes on Trump’s distance in the photos.

...“When a man and woman are coming down the stairs the man would go before her. The logic being that if she trips or falls, the man (generally being larger or stronger) would be in a position to catch her,” she [Whitmore] told HuffPost. That being said, Whitmore said the president’s distance in these pictures “could be perceived as a sign of disrespect.”

...“The husband at the bottom of the stairs, saluting and greeting the people there, and the wife is still at the top of the stairs – this is incorrect,” she [Swann] told HuffPost. “The proper thing for him to do is to wait for his spouse at the bottom of the stairs and then take her hand and assist her down the last few steps as she comes down. This was not done.”

del
04-19-2017, 10:00 PM
i bet you're good at something, chris

why not find out what it is?

resister
04-19-2017, 10:01 PM

Evidently it is not being an internet troll....

Common Sense
04-19-2017, 10:08 PM
Wow, a lifestyle/weddings article on Huff Post. Liberals are at it again!

jimmyz
04-19-2017, 11:22 PM
In Asian norms the woman always walks behind the male. Maybe an agreement in the prenup agreement?

Crepitus
04-19-2017, 11:40 PM
And all this time I thought his awkward way of walking was an effect of his visits with Vladimir.

jimmyz
04-19-2017, 11:43 PM
And all this time I thought his awkward way of walking was an effect of his visits with Vladimir.

more due to his affinity for male phallus.

Common
04-20-2017, 03:33 AM
The left would love to have a camera in trumps toilet so they can criticize the way he takes a dump

Chris
04-20-2017, 07:48 AM

At getting you to post nonsense.

Chris
04-20-2017, 07:49 AM
In Asian norms the woman always walks behind the male. Maybe an agreement in the prenup agreement?

That is true. And she should be silent. So it's easy to forget she's there.

Adelaide
04-20-2017, 08:59 AM
At the inaugural balls, it was pretty clear there was some discomfort between them. That doesn't mean there is something wrong with them or the marriage - for all we know they had a fight beforehand and every couple has fights. Although, it does seem like Trump just storms ahead and she is left to fend for herself. He probably just doesn't think about it when he is preoccupied. It is hard to deduce much from body language. Pretty sure if their marriage or relationship were in trouble they would have divorced by now since he isn't shy about doing that.