PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon from Hell: The Liberal Media vs. President Trump

Peter1469
04-20-2017, 04:45 AM
Honeymoon from Hell: The Liberal Media vs. President Trump (http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/rich-noyes/2017/04/18/honeymoon-hell-liberal-media-vs-president-trump)

The "news" is corrupt.

As President Trump approaches the end of his first 100 days in office, he has received by far the most hostile press treatment of any incoming American president, with the broadcast networks punishing him with coverage that has been 89% negative. The networks largely ignored important national priorities such as jobs and the fight against ISIS, in favor of a news agenda that has been dominated by anti-Trump controversies and which closely matches what would be expected from an opposition party.

For example, President Trump’s push to invigorate the economy and bring back American jobs received a mere 18 minutes of coverage (less than one percent of all airtime devoted to the administration), while his moves to renegotiate various international trade deals resulted in less than 10 minutes of TV news airtime.

Eight years ago (http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/mike-ciandella/2017/04/19/flashback-media-gushed-over-obamas-first-100-days), in contrast, the broadcast networks rewarded new President Barack Obama with mainly positive spin, and spent hundreds of stories discussing the economic agenda of the incoming liberal administration.
For this study, MRC analysts reviewed all of ABC, CBS and NBC’s evening news coverage of Trump and his new administration from January 20 through April 9, including weekends. Coverage during those first 80 days was intense, as the networks churned out 869 stories about the new administration (737 full reports and 132 brief, anchor-read items), plus an additional 140 full reports focused on other topics but which also discussed the new administration.

Obama did actually criticize the press for kissing is ass so much.

Common
04-20-2017, 05:01 AM
Its been the worst attack on any president in my lifetime. The press has lost all credibility even with many democrats. Their approval rating is lower than trumps

Peter1469
04-20-2017, 05:06 AM
The press in the US ceased to exist back around 2006.

They simply can't be trusted.

stjames1_53
04-20-2017, 05:32 AM
msm journalist aren't journalist. They are sensationalists..................

Trump walks to helicopter
Trump can't fly: He's a failure!!!!! details in our next edition

stjames1_53
04-20-2017, 05:40 AM
or.........
We've got Trumps Returns and are Going to Expose Him on National TV..... R. Maddow
uh, huh, riiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Common
04-20-2017, 06:07 AM

The love affair with obama being the first black president and their unceasing quest to make him a success no matter what and refuse to report any shortcomings was the beginning of their demise. They got so used to protecting obama and Hillary they stroked out when trump won

Crepitus
04-20-2017, 06:40 AM
Claims media bias, posts from Newsbusters.

Lol.

Common Sense
04-20-2017, 07:31 AM
If anything, the press has just done its job. Trump has been one of the most divisive, loud mouthed and ignorant of candidates in modern history. His own words, tweets, rants and hypocrisy are simply coming back to bite him in the ass.

If you cry about the lack of transparency in the Obama admin and then have less transparency yourself, cry about the president not being forthcoming with documents and then you promise to and don't, cry repeatedly that the president shouldn't play golf and then you play more than he does, the media should call you on it.

If you complain that attacking Syria is dumb and then under the exact same circumstances you attack, the media should call you on it.

If you make wild claims about election fraud and can't prove it, the media should call you on it.

If you claim you will drain the swamp, but instead just create a new swamp, the media should call you on it.

There is much more, but I think we all get the gist.

Where specifically has the media been unfair to Trump? Specifically.

stjames1_53
04-20-2017, 07:40 AM
If anything, the press has just done its job. Trump has been one of the most divisive, loud mouthed and ignorant of candidates in modern history. His own words, tweets, rants and hypocrisy are simply coming back to bite him in the ass.

If you cry about the lack of transparency in the Obama admin and then have less transparency yourself, cry about the president not being forthcoming with documents and then you promise to and don't, cry repeatedly that the president shouldn't play golf and then you play more than he does, the media should call you on it.

If you complain that attacking Syria is dumb and then under the exact same circumstances you attack, the media should call you on it.

If you make wild claims about election fraud and can't prove it, the media should call you on it.

If you claim you will drain the swamp, but instead just create a new swamp, the media should call you on it.

There is much more, but I think we all get the gist.

Where specifically has the media been unfair to Trump? Specifically.

really..........
this is more important than
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/michelle-obama-gets-a-haircut/

than this
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-donates-his-first-quarter-paycheck-to-the-national-park-service/

Common Sense
04-20-2017, 07:43 AM
really..........

than this
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-donates-his-first-quarter-paycheck-to-the-national-park-service/
News stories come in a variety of importance.

Some are human interest, some are actually important.

But do you not see the blatant hypocrisy displayed by Trump on the issues I raised? Why wouldn't the media talk about that?

Crepitus
04-20-2017, 07:44 AM
really..........

than this

They both got reported. How is that unfair?

stjames1_53
04-20-2017, 07:56 AM

a woman's hairdo is important....................gotcha

Common Sense
04-20-2017, 08:08 AM

Don't fret. When Melania gets a drastically different haircut, the news will report on it too.

resister
04-20-2017, 08:10 AM
Don't fret. When Melania gets a drastically different haircut, the news will report on it too.
Thus highlighting there demise.

stjames1_53
04-20-2017, 08:11 AM
and yet you completely ignored the good news .................... you might be a bigot.............and as usual, you're not here experiencing this.
If a woman's hairdo is so important, let them publish it in HAIRDAY ............. it is NOT front page news............

Common
04-20-2017, 08:27 AM
Claims media bias, posts from Newsbusters.

Lol.

Far more reliable than NYtimes, Washington Post, CNN, MSNBC and huffpost, try again this time no cigar

Crepitus
04-20-2017, 08:34 AM

The first lady. You act like there haven't been any stories about Melania's clothes or whatever.

Crepitus
04-20-2017, 08:40 AM
Far more reliable than NYtimes, Washington Post, CNN, MSNBC and huffpost, try again this time no cigar

LMf'nAO

stjames1_53
04-20-2017, 08:59 AM
The first lady. You act like there haven't been any stories about Melania's clothes or whatever.

see? MO is not FLOTUS anymore................... What about the current First Lady's wardrobe?
Say it deeply...
Trump is President
rinse drawers
repeat

Crepitus
04-20-2017, 06:27 PM
see? MO is not FLOTUS anymore................... What about the current First Lady's wardrobe?
Say it deeply...
Trump is President
rinse drawers
repeat

tRump is not the legitimate president of the United States.

However, that isn't his wife's fault, or his youngest child's so they get a pass.

Peter1469
04-20-2017, 07:38 PM
Trump did not win the popular vote.

But the electoral college elects the president.

del
04-20-2017, 07:52 PM
at least you've stopped that trumpslide nonsense

well done

carry on

texan
04-20-2017, 08:08 PM
I hate to break it to my brothers but it wouldn't matter who was electe from the Republican Party. The same attack on the same topics would be rolled out. Who cares? Do the right things and the voters will re elect the person. The right things are being done while the left yells about nothing.

decedent
04-20-2017, 08:11 PM

Reporting the truth about Trump is unfair.

Crepitus
04-20-2017, 09:08 PM
Reporting the truth about Trump is unfair.

According to him it sure is.

Casper
04-20-2017, 10:44 PM

Disagree. I am a Liberal Leaning American and I know that the press could not be trusted Loooong before 2006. My question is does it really matter to the sheep, if they were actually intelligent they would question the nonsense they are fed, they Believe, is what it is Peter.

Peter1469
04-21-2017, 02:06 AM
Disagree. I am a Liberal Leaning American and I know that the press could not be trusted Loooong before 2006. My question is does it really matter to the sheep, if they were actually intelligent they would question the nonsense they are fed, they Believe, is what it is Peter.

2006 is when I caught on.

stjames1_53
04-21-2017, 06:12 AM
tRump is not the legitimate president of the United States.

However, that isn't his wife's fault, or his youngest child's so they get a pass.

then we have no problem rolling back all of Obama's work...... he was an illegitimate president as well........

Crepitus
04-21-2017, 07:48 AM
then we have no problem rolling back all of Obama's work...... he was an illegitimate president as well........

How so? Did Putin help him get elected too?