PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps Obama should talk to NZ

Awryly
11-03-2012, 09:37 PM
Obama named technology as a "bridge" (http://nytm.org/blog/entry/12-09-2012/letters-to-the-nytm-community-from-president-obama-and-governor-romney) to "empower citizens and build a more participatory democracy" and highlighted that on his first day in office in 2009 he appointed a federal chief technology officer.
He wrote that his administration was expanding broadband networks and listed new laws that help entrepreneurs and small businesses harness "crowd funding", reformation of patent laws, and support of an open (http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/digital-living/7894223/Obama-and-Romney-outline-technology-policies#) internet while enforcing intellectual property rights.

Especially this guy..........

http://media.nzherald.co.nz/webcontent/image/jpg/201244/SCCZEN_149917011_460x230.jpgKim Dotcom, with wife Mona, says NZ would attract foreign business (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10844971#). Photo / Getty

Kim Dotcom is proposing free broadband to all New Zealanders as he tries to resurrect the ill-fated Pacific Fibre cable connecting New Zealand to the United States.
Dotcom last night revealed his ambitious plans to build the $400m cable - which would double New Zealand's bandwidth - set up his new Me.ga company, creating jobs and a data centre to service the rest of the world.

But, oops, he sent the FBI to try to arrest him.

Awryly
11-03-2012, 09:43 PM
Grasshopper doesn't think it is a good idea.

Latest Reputation Received (-64 point(s) total)

11-04-2012 02:39 PM
GrassrootsConservative (http://thepoliticalforums.com/members/478-GrassrootsConservative)

Thread: Perhaps Obama should... (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/8215-Perhaps-Obama-should-talk-to-NZ?p=176394#post176394)
America Hater

Captain Obvious
11-03-2012, 10:09 PM
In a couple of days, he'll have some free time - maybe he'll visit.

Awryly
11-03-2012, 10:14 PM
In a couple of days, he'll have some free time - maybe he'll visit.

I suspect he will be too busy "empowering" you........

Obama named technology as a "bridge" (http://nytm.org/blog/entry/12-09-2012/letters-to-the-nytm-community-from-president-obama-and-governor-romney) to "empower citizens and build a more participatory democracy"

texmaster
11-03-2012, 10:19 PM
Grasshopper doesn't think it is a good idea.

So you want to be lied to? Ok.

What a great thread!! The OP is full of well thought out ideas researching his subject fully and never allowing his self esteem issues sway his hatred for Americans!

How's that?

Awryly
11-03-2012, 10:26 PM
So you want to be lied to? Ok.

What a great thread!! The OP is full of well thought out ideas researching his subject fully and never allowing his self esteem issues sway his hatred for Americans!

How's that?

So you don't think Kim Dotcom knows what he's doing?

Perhaps you could tell us why.

GrassrootsConservative
11-03-2012, 10:28 PM
Perhaps you could tell us why you hate America.

Awryly
11-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Perhaps you could tell us why you hate America.

Why are you off-topic, Grasshopper?

Why this need to be liked?

It's pathological, dontcha know?

Awryly
11-03-2012, 11:46 PM
...I despise you because you are driven by beliefs in a fanciful god who doesn't exist, in notions of "liberty" and "freedom" your own political party is determined you will not have, in your determination to force your ludicrous social values on your compatriots, in your subversion of democracy at home and abroad, in your stupid flag-waving and other exhibitions of self-congratulatory nationalism that even the Nazis would have been proud of.

Happy now?

GrassrootsConservative
11-03-2012, 11:49 PM
...I despise you because you are driven by beliefs in a fanciful god

Got here. Stopped reading. God doesn't exist in my system of beliefs. I'm sorry your country indoctrinated you so harshly to believe that all Americans are religious fanatics.

Another disapproval for another bad Awryly post.

Captain Obvious
11-03-2012, 11:49 PM
...I despise you because you are driven by beliefs in a fanciful god who doesn't exist, in notions of "liberty" and "freedom" your own political party is determined you will not have, in your determination to force your ludicrous social values on your compatriots, in your stupid flag-waving and other exhibitions of self-congratulatory nationalism even the Nazis would have been proud of.

Happy now?

Translation for the loathing impaired:

"It really sucks where I'm at right now and I can't do anything about it"

Awryly
11-03-2012, 11:56 PM
Got here. Stopped reading. God doesn't exist in my system of beliefs. I'm sorry your country indoctrinated you so harshly to believe that all Americans are religious fanatics.

Another disapproval for another bad Awryly post.

I am sure your many followers will be thrilled.

Awryly
11-03-2012, 11:57 PM

"It really sucks where I'm at right now and I can't do anything about it"

You have a really interesting interpretation there.

Does "12000 merciful miles" mean nothing to you?

Captain Obvious
11-03-2012, 11:59 PM
You have a really interesting interpretation there.

Does "12000 merciful miles" mean nothing to you?

"The jig is up, time to go on the defensive"

GrassrootsConservative
11-04-2012, 12:05 AM
I am sure your many followers will be thrilled.

I am afraid your lack of "friends" has you confusing that term with "followers."

I am sorry everyone around you hates you and avoids you like the plague.

Maybe if you weren't such a dickass you wouldn't be so despised.

GrumpyDog
11-04-2012, 12:06 AM
Hello?

New Zealand?

This is Barrack.

Hello?

I said Barrack... BARRACK OBAMA!

HELLO?? What is the problem down there? ARE YOU DEAF? I SAID BARRACK OBAMA you moron.. as in PRESIDENT of the United States of America.

What do you mean you cannot pay for this call? IM PAYING FOR IT.

WHAT? You don't accept American Dollars? What kind of FD up country is this New Zealand?

Click.

HELLO, operator, this is Barrack Obama and I just got disconnected.

BARRACK OBAMA... NO,.. not from the Maori Lobby.. PRESIDENT OF USA for christ/allahs sake..

HELLO""?? JESUS MUHAMMAD, these damn New Zealanders are some piece of work.

Get me CIA station Alpha 66 in Wellington, and patch me through. WHAT? You need AUTHORIZATION??? ITS THE PRESIDENT DAMMIT, dont you recognize my voice...]

HELLO"??? Oh @$%^ it. Hey Michelle, lets just go to Hawaii instead. Want to see the new house anyway okay?

Captain Obvious
11-04-2012, 12:09 AM
Hello?

New Zealand?

This is Barrack.

Hello?

HELLO?? What is the problem down there? ARE YOU DEAF? I SAID BARRACK OBAMA you moron.. as in PRESIDENT of the United States of America.

WHAT? You don't accept American Dollars? What kind of FD up country is this New Zealand?

Click.

BARRACK OBAMA... NO,.. not from the Maori Lobby.. PRESIDENT OF USA for christ/allahs sake..

Get me CIA station Alpha 66 in Wellington, and patch me through. WHAT? You need AUTHORIZATION??? ITS THE PRESIDENT DAMMIT, dont you recognize my voice...]

HELLO"??? Oh @$%^ it. Hey Michelle, lets just go to Hawaii instead. Want to see the new house anyway okay?

Brilliant!

Awryly
11-04-2012, 12:09 AM

"The jig is up, time to go on the defensive"

Huh? :tumbleweed::tumbleweed::tumbleweed:

Awryly
11-04-2012, 12:15 AM
I am afraid your lack of "friends" has you confusing that term with "followers."

I am sorry everyone around you hates you and avoids you like the plague.

Maybe if you weren't such a dickass you wouldn't be so despised.

I know it might sound a bit obvious.

But shouldn't you be avoiding me?

Um. Yes?

Awryly
11-04-2012, 12:19 AM
Hello?

New Zealand?

This is Barrack.

Hello?

Click.

See what happens when you have lousy broadband?

Obama named technology as a "bridge" (http://nytm.org/blog/entry/12-09-2012/letters-to-the-nytm-community-from-president-obama-and-governor-romney) to "empower citizens and build a more participatory democracy" and highlighted that on his first day in office in 2009 he appointed a federal chief technology officer.

He wrote that his administration was expanding broadband networks

GrumpyDog
11-04-2012, 12:31 AM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/images/09/01/dick-cheney-hrzgal.jpg

So he didn't get authorization heh? LoL! You guys got the tracker still embedded right? Good. Keep an eye on him though, even if he is going to Hawaii.

GrumpyDog
11-07-2012, 04:19 AM
Hello, New Zealand, this is Barrack Obama calling. YES! glad you voted absentee, but sorry, we were unable to get your vote counted here.

Whats that you say? CIA outpost Alpha 66? No.. uh.. thats something that is out of my hands at present, but I...uh...
will see what can be done about it since as you should be aware:

I JUST GOT RE-ELECTED FOR 4 MORE YEARS!!

:applause:

Thank you.. Thank you all..

What? You want to make a new beer named after me? Okay.. but uh..get back to me on the name will ya.. cause it has to be approved on our side of the ocean.

Awryly
11-07-2012, 04:43 AM
We are thinking of calling it "Romnesia". Is that OK with you?

When you drink it you forget all about Romney.

PS Most of the 12000 Americans here in NZ voted for you. Must be the beer.

GrumpyDog
11-07-2012, 05:05 AM
We are thinking of calling it "Romnesia". Is that OK with you?

When you drink it you forget all about Romney.

PS Most of the 12000 Americans here in NZ voted for you. Must be the beer.

But will it be real beer, or just sewer water that Bain capital syphons from public treatment plants?

Edit: Romneystein is already a passing memory, but it was a real nightmare, so it may linger awhile.

truthmatters
11-07-2012, 10:08 AM
they will all hate robmoney soon

Taxcutter
11-07-2012, 02:15 PM
If we sent Obama to NZ, would you keep him?

Awryly
11-07-2012, 05:30 PM
If we sent Obama to NZ, would you keep him?

Certainly would. Compared to our mob, he would be a breath of fresh air.

Awryly
11-07-2012, 09:46 PM
Certainly would. Compared to our mob, he would be a breath of fresh air.

But you need him more than we do. :kiss:

Awryly
11-12-2012, 12:24 AM
But you need him more than we do. :kiss:

And it seems he may be one of the greatest leaders you have ever had.

Peter1469
11-12-2012, 03:32 AM
And it seems he may be one of the greatest leaders you have ever had.

Obama has never shown a shred of leadership. Outside of the campaign, he is fundamentally a lazy man.

Awryly
11-12-2012, 08:03 PM
Obama has never shown a shred of leadership. Outside of the campaign, he is fundamentally a lazy man.

He says he always has dinner with his family at 6.30pm.

UnAmerican, n'est-ce pas?

Peter1469
11-12-2012, 09:47 PM
[QUOTE=Awryly;184392]He says he always has dinner with his family at 6.30pm.

That is fine. Why doesn't he get his national security briefing at 0600 instead of 1100?