PDA

View Full Version : This is the way to win

Common
04-24-2017, 06:09 AM
By pulling gestapo tactics and alienating 28% of democrats
The highlighted sentence on the bottom should read. Youre a democrat you have to be a phony and say your for democrat things even if youre not.

Dick Durbin, Tom Perez To 28 Percent Of Dems Who Oppose Abortion: Get In Line Or Get O

The 28 percent of Democrats (http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/04/08/on-abortion-persistent-divides-between-and-within-the-two-parties-2/) who oppose abortion have no place in the Democratic party, according to two of the party’s leading figures.
Illinois Sen. Dick Durbin echoed party chair Tom Perez Sunday in saying that there is no room in the party for dissent on the abortion issue.
“I am committed to women’s rights under the law, reproductive rights certainly, and our party is [committed],” Durbin said in an appearance on CNN. “We’ve made that part of our platform and position for a long, long time. I know within the ranks of the Democratic Party there are those who see that differently on a personal basis, but when it comes to the policy position, I think we need to be clear and unequivocal.”
Those who personally believe abortion is wrong can be allowed in the party, Durbin added, “as long as they are prepared to back the law, Roe versus Wade, prepared to back women’s rights as we’ve defined them under the law.” That is: all members of the Democratic party are expected to publicly support abortion, regardless of what they personally believe.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/23/dick-durbin-tom-perez-to-28-percent-of-dems-who-oppose-abortion-get-in-line-or-get-out/

Standing Wolf
04-24-2017, 06:44 AM
When those who would legally revoke a woman's right to choose to terminate a pregnancy criticize those who support that right, they often characterize the latter's position as "supporting abortion" - which I think is an unfortunate, misleading and inaccurate way of phrasing it, and one which Durbin, in this instance, chose to use.

"Supporting abortion" evokes the idea that someone is happy about it; supporters of the legal right to obtain an abortion sometimes seem to confirm and reinforce that false impression when they almost seem to be bragging about the number of abortions performed in such-and-such a timeframe. In truth, abortion is not something to be celebrated, and I think it's fair to say that all thoughtful supporters of the legal right to obtain an abortion know that, and wish it didn't happen. In a perfect world, it wouldn't need to happen, ever. At the same time, keeping the procedure legally available as an option is important; it prevents the State from invading a very personal human realm and dictating medical decisions to tens of millions of female Americans.

donttread
04-24-2017, 07:02 AM
By pulling gestapo tactics and alienating 28% of democrats
The highlighted sentence on the bottom should read. Youre a democrat you have to be a phony and say your for democrat things even if youre not.

Dick Durbin, Tom Perez To 28 Percent Of Dems Who Oppose Abortion: Get In Line Or Get O

The 28 percent of Democrats (http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/04/08/on-abortion-persistent-divides-between-and-within-the-two-parties-2/) who oppose abortion have no place in the Democratic party, according to two of the party’s leading figures.
Illinois Sen. Dick Durbin echoed party chair Tom Perez Sunday in saying that there is no room in the party for dissent on the abortion issue.
“I am committed to women’s rights under the law, reproductive rights certainly, and our party is [committed],” Durbin said in an appearance on CNN. “We’ve made that part of our platform and position for a long, long time. I know within the ranks of the Democratic Party there are those who see that differently on a personal basis, but when it comes to the policy position, I think we need to be clear and unequivocal.”
Those who personally believe abortion is wrong can be allowed in the party, Durbin added, “as long as they are prepared to back the law, Roe versus Wade, prepared to back women’s rights as we’ve defined them under the law.” That is: all members of the Democratic party are expected to publicly support abortion, regardless of what they personally believe.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/23/dick-durbin-tom-perez-to-28-percent-of-dems-who-oppose-abortion-get-in-line-or-get-out/

The DNC must be trying to create a cult. Kind of like the repubs did with neocons. The LP is a more and more viable alternative for repubs and now is the time for a party to step forward and give the dem voters a choice. Maybe a new leader for the Greens? Or maybe the rise of a party not yet known to most of us. But most dems are not "snowflakes" they are working people who have experienced life and given a place to jump off this crazy DNC train many would.
A four party coaltion congress would be so much harder to buy and so much more equiped to call" bullshit "when one of the parties is out of line. I know almost none of you will agree, but then most of you have been trying to fix a broken system with the same parts for decades and it ain't worked. Nor is there any sign that it will. That's why Trump won, in the hopes that he is not just another Donkephant. The jury is still out on that.

Common
04-24-2017, 07:13 AM
When those who would legally revoke a woman's right to choose to terminate a pregnancy criticize those who support that right, they often characterize the latter's position as "supporting abortion" - which I think is an unfortunate, misleading and inaccurate way of phrasing it, and one which Durbin, in this instance, chose to use.

"Supporting abortion" evokes the idea that someone is happy about it; supporters of the legal right to obtain an abortion sometimes seem to confirm and reinforce that false impression when they almost seem to be bragging about the number of abortions performed in such-and-such a timeframe. In truth, abortion is not something to be celebrated, and I think it's fair to say that all thoughtful supporters of the legal right to obtain an abortion know that, and wish it didn't happen. In a perfect world, it wouldn't need to happen, ever. At the same time, keeping the procedure legally available as an option is important; it prevents the State from invading a very personal human realm and dictating medical decisions to tens of millions of female Americans.
First let me say I am not against abortion, I am against the flagrant use of it when it should be totally unnecessary. The DNC and the liberal press with their rhetoric promote abortion. Most abortions are totally avoidable. No one wants to address the reasons for abortion, a woman and man have sex the woman gets pregnant with an unwanted child. There is a myriad of ways to avoid that scenario, very young girls aside any adult woman that doesnt want a child does not have to get pregnant, if she is not a victim of a crime. If a woman has all the rights to decide on whether to have a child or abort it, she should also bear the responsiblity of having it in the first place but of course there are those that want to blame the man solely for that.

You hit the nail on the head, with the DNC appears to promote abortion, so does the press and so does planned parenthood. Like I said I am not against abortion one of my daughters got pregnant under age. I let the rest of the females in the family handle it and they decided an abortion was best and I said Ok. I cant very well be a phony and say no one else should have an abortion.

MMC
04-24-2017, 07:17 AM
The DNC must be trying to create a cult. Kind of like the repubs did with neocons. The LP is a more and more viable alternative for repubs and now is the time for a party to step forward and give the dem voters a choice. Maybe a new leader for the Greens? Or maybe the rise of a party not yet known to most of us. But most dems are not "snowflakes" they are working people who have experienced life and given a place to jump off this crazy DNC train many would.
A four party coaltion congress would be so much harder to buy and so much more equiped to call" bullshit "when one of the parties is out of line. I know almost none of you will agree, but then most of you have been trying to fix a broken system with the same parts for decades and it ain't worked. Nor is there any sign that it will. That's why Trump won, in the hopes that he is not just another Donkephant. The jury is still out on that.

The problem is.....will the Blue Dogs, aka- The Real Democrat. Fiscally conservative, Having common sense. Works for what they want in life, pays taxes. Believes in the Country and that American Dream.

Stand up and take their party back from the Deviates and degenerates that have taken over their party. Will they go to war with the mopes. The Progressives and Illiberals. Take back what is Rightfully theirs. Or will they accept being ran out their party.

Common
04-24-2017, 07:18 AM
Obama took control of the democrat party and took it down the european ultra liberal path. He was successful at it because he had the entire press in his pocket, that only sung his praises and never reported the fails.
They went overboard his last 4 yrs and because of Obamas success' they want to continue his agenda.
Obama wrenched the party from the Clintons and it took it down a much further to the left direction. America like it always does rejects the far left and rejects the far right at times it takes them longer to wake up than others.

patrickt
04-24-2017, 07:28 AM

I can certainly understand your position. You support abortion. You wouldn't begin to dictate medical decisions for those who want their daughters to have clitorectomies. That's a medical decision that parents make for their children.

Me? I accept abortion for convenience at a point prior to the fetus being viable. After than, only for the physical health of the mother. I realize others disagree and feel the mother has absolute say for the full nine months...and then some.

Perez is an idiot but at least he's being honest. Nancy Pelosi, who belongs to the pro-abortion branch of the Catholic Church says that pro-life people are welcome in the Democrat Party. She lies a lot.

Standing Wolf
04-24-2017, 07:44 AM
I can certainly understand your position. You support abortion. You wouldn't begin to dictate medical decisions for those who want their daughters to have clitorectomies. That's a medical decision that parents make for their children.

Genital mutilation is just a huge red herring you decided to try to drag across this thread, without success. The only point of contact between the two "procedures" is the idea of people making medical - used only in the most extremely broad sense, in the case of genital mutilation - decisions for their children. If an adult woman wants to have either procedure done, and it doesn't violate any local laws, that's fine with me. A very young girl should not be forced to either carry another child to term against her personal wishes, or to have an abortion.

Standing Wolf
04-24-2017, 07:48 AM
The problem is.....will the Blue Dogs, aka- The Real Democrat. Fiscally conservative, Having common sense. Works for what they want in life, pays taxes. Believes in the Country and that American Dream.

Can you explain what being fiscally conservative, "having common sense", working, paying taxes, and believing in the "the Country and that American Dream", have to do with whether one is for or against legal abortion?

MMC
04-24-2017, 07:56 AM
Can you explain what being fiscally conservative, "having common sense", working, paying taxes, and believing in the "the Country and that American Dream", have to do with whether one is for or against legal abortion?

You explained it out quite well with common sense.

In truth, abortion is not something to be celebrated, and I think it's fair to say that all thoughtful supporters of the legal right to obtain an abortion know that, and wish it didn't happen. In a perfect world, it wouldn't need to happen, ever. At the same time, keeping the procedure legally available as an option is important; it prevents the State from invading a very personal human realm and dictating medical decisions to tens of millions of female Americans......snip~

Or did you forget what you said?

Standing Wolf
04-24-2017, 07:58 AM
First let me say I am not against abortion, I am against the flagrant use of it when it should be totally unnecessary. The DNC and the liberal press with their rhetoric promote abortion. Most abortions are totally avoidable. No one wants to address the reasons for abortion, a woman and man have sex the woman gets pregnant with an unwanted child. There is a myriad of ways to avoid that scenario, very young girls aside any adult woman that doesnt want a child does not have to get pregnant, if she is not a victim of a crime. If a woman has all the rights to decide on whether to have a child or abort it, she should also bear the responsiblity of having it in the first place but of course there are those that want to blame the man solely for that.

You hit the nail on the head, with the DNC appears to promote abortion, so does the press and so does planned parenthood. Like I said I am not against abortion one of my daughters got pregnant under age. I let the rest of the females in the family handle it and they decided an abortion was best and I said Ok. I cant very well be a phony and say no one else should have an abortion.

I submit that many of the positions taken by the anti-choice crowd - or much of it - on "abstinence only" sex education and on birth control, do more to "promote abortion" than any number of Democrats or Planned Parenthood. The Catholic Church's arbitrary and totally doctrine-based teaching on what does and does not constitute "artificial" birth control methods - which the great majority of American Catholics ignore, of course - is an example of a policy that actually works to exacerbate the very problem it claims to want to solve.

Standing Wolf
04-24-2017, 08:02 AM
You explained it out quite well with common sense.

In truth, abortion is not something to be celebrated, and I think it's fair to say that all thoughtful supporters of the legal right to obtain an abortion know that, and wish it didn't happen. In a perfect world, it wouldn't need to happen, ever. At the same time, keeping the procedure legally available as an option is important; it prevents the State from invading a very personal human realm and dictating medical decisions to tens of millions of female Americans......snip~

Or did you forget what you said?

No, I didn't forget what I said. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you said...so let me ask a question to clarify. Do you believe that it's possible - and consistent - for a fiscally conservative, working, etc., etc., American - whether Republican, Libertarian, Democrat, or what-have-you - to be in favor of a woman's legal right to have an abortion? And if not - why not?

MMC
04-24-2017, 08:08 AM
I submit that many of the positions taken by the anti-choice crowd - or much of it - on "abstinence only" sex education and on birth control, do more to "promote abortion" than any number of Democrats or Planned Parenthood. The Catholic Church's arbitrary and totally doctrine-based teaching on what does and does not constitute "artificial" birth control methods - which the great majority of American Catholics ignore, of course - is an example of a policy that actually works to exacerbate the very problem it claims to want to solve.

Yet without information on abstinence, birth control and sex education. Informing young people to wait or not rush into having a kid and what it costs, and how it will affect their lives. Would exacerbate the problem and there would be more abortions than what there is. No knowledge would make it worse.

Regardless of Demos and Planned Parenthood.

Mini Me
04-24-2017, 08:14 AM
Obama took control of the democrat party and took it down the european ultra liberal path. He was successful at it because he had the entire press in his pocket, that only sung his praises and never reported the fails.
They went overboard his last 4 yrs and because of Obamas success' they want to continue his agenda.
Obama wrenched the party from the Clintons and it took it down a much further to the left direction. America like it always does rejects the far left and rejects the far right at times it takes them longer to wake up than others.
That is pure Rethuglican MYTHOLOGY that has been spoon fed to you!

Common
04-24-2017, 10:08 AM
That is pure Rethuglican MYTHOLOGY that has been spoon fed to you!
In turn I say its you that has been indoctrinated and spoon fed the liberal douchebaggery that disagrees with that

Bo-4
04-24-2017, 12:42 PM
Dems being dumb again and i don't understand it. What - are they now going to develop a Purity Test as Rs stupidly did a few years back?

When you represent a right leaning district as a Dem, you've gotta have a nuanced approach when it comes to certain things like gun rights and abortion.

Otherwise you don't win. I'll take the otherwise progressive guy over the loon every day and twice on Sunday.

Bethere
04-24-2017, 01:05 PM
Yet without information on abstinence, birth control and sex education. Informing young people to wait or not rush into having a kid and what it costs, and how it will affect their lives. Would exacerbate the problem and there would be more abortions than what there is. No knowledge would make it worse.

Regardless of Demos and Planned Parenthood.
Democrats had nothing to do with the legalization of abortion in America.

MMC
04-24-2017, 03:08 PM
Democrats had nothing to do with the legalization of abortion in America.

What does that have to do with what I said?