PDA

View Full Version : Trump calls the space station to congratulate Peggy Whitson

Bo-4
04-24-2017, 11:38 AM
Vice President Ivanka was there too! ;-)

The president spoke with a pair of U.S. astronauts aboard the International Space Station, lauding NASA's work – though he has called for some cuts in its budget – and praising a crew member who set a record for longest time spent among the stars.

"This is a very special day in the glorious history of American space flight," Trump said during the conversation, which lasted 19 minutes. "That's an incredible record to break."

Peggy Whitson, commander of the space station, passed the record of 534 cumulative days in space, according to NASA. The first woman to command the space station twice, Whitson began her latest stint on Nov. 19, 2016.

At one point, in discussing the station's scientific research, Whitson cited a program in which urine is purified into drinking water.

"Well, that's good," Trump said. "I'm glad to hear that ... Better you than me."

Apparently Trump hadn't heard that you can clean up pretty much any liquid with reverse osmosis. But what say @Peter1469 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=10)? Perhaps Trump would prefer the unadulterated version?
:biglaugh:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/04/24/donald-trump-peggy-whitson-nasa/100836500/

Private Pickle
04-24-2017, 11:41 AM
Vice President Ivanka was there too! ;-)

The president spoke with a pair of U.S. astronauts aboard the International Space Station, lauding NASA's work – though he has called for some cuts in its budget – and praising a crew member who set a record for longest time spent among the stars.

"This is a very special day in the glorious history of American space flight," Trump said during the conversation, which lasted 19 minutes. "That's an incredible record to break."

Peggy Whitson, commander of the space station, passed the record of 534 cumulative days in space, according to NASA. The first woman to command the space station twice, Whitson began her latest stint on Nov. 19, 2016.

At one point, in discussing the station's scientific research, Whitson cited a program in which urine is purified into drinking water.

"Well, that's good," Trump said. "I'm glad to hear that ... Better you than me."

Apparently Trump hadn't heard that you can clean up pretty much any liquid with reverse osmosis. But what say @Peter1469 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=10)? Perhaps Trump would prefer the unadulterated version?
:biglaugh:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/04/24/donald-trump-peggy-whitson-nasa/100836500/
I still would be grossed out by drinking water that came from piss....either from my own or others...

Bo-4
04-24-2017, 11:47 AM
I still would be grossed out by drinking water that came from piss....either from my own or others...

I know what you mean - but drinking seawater seems gross too, yet RO desalination can make it 100% pure.

Thankfully, nobody's figured out how to make poop into food. :D

resister
04-24-2017, 11:50 AM
What is done with reclaimed water from municipalities? Is it just for irrigation, or is it drinking water?

NapRover
04-24-2017, 11:54 AM
I know what you mean - but drinking seawater seems gross too, yet RO desalination can make it 100% pure.

Then why do people tell me to eat it so often?

Cannons Front
04-24-2017, 12:10 PM
What is done with reclaimed water from municipalities? Is it just for irrigation, or is it drinking water?

Generally speaking it is released back in to a natural water system, river stream etc....

Down stream it can be used for drinking water again after treatment

Cannons Front
04-24-2017, 12:12 PM
So back to the OP, why is this an attack on the POTUS? He called and congratulated an American....... That is part of the job.

resister
04-24-2017, 12:16 PM
Generally speaking it is released back in to a natural water system, river stream etc....

Down stream it can be used for drinking water again after treatmentSo we are pretty much doing it anyway? I always said, you only rent beer!

Bo-4
04-24-2017, 12:31 PM
So back to the OP, why is this an attack on the POTUS? He called and congratulated an American....... That is part of the job.

Oh relax - I was just funnin'

resister
04-24-2017, 12:34 PM
Oh relax - I was just funnin'
or:flames:.....there have been quite a few inflammatory post today.

Bo-4
04-24-2017, 12:36 PM
So we are pretty much doing it anyway? I always said, you only rent beer!

Same could be said of food ;-)

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/PhAAAOSwjVVVwBV0/s-l300.jpg

Peter1469
04-24-2017, 01:36 PM

They use it for fertilizer in much of the world- to make food.

Private Pickle
04-24-2017, 02:10 PM

Except for that whole fertilizer thing...

jimmyz
04-24-2017, 02:13 PM
Edited out. Re-read OP