PDA

View Full Version : Challenge Climate Change Hypocrites and Liars - Here's How

Starman
04-27-2017, 11:10 AM
We just received our latest edition of Smithsonian magazine, a gift of our unused frequent flier miles. I would never pay a dime to hypocrites like Smithsonian, or National Geographic, or Sierra, or Rick Steves, or countless other leftist mouthpieces.

But you can mess with them, yank their chains and challenge their blatant hypocrisy.
National Geographic Society sponsors an Around the World Tour by Private Jet. Only $75,000 per person!
But fossil fuel is nasty and you don't want those "greedy oil companies" to make any more money. Just us. We can make all the dough we want from suckers like you!

Here's my email just sent to Smithsonian, like others I have sent to National Geographic, and Sierra Club, and Rick Steves
("Til next time, KEEP ON TRAVELING (and burning that nasty old fossil fuel I like to rail about so much on my hypocrite show)":

Dear Smithsonian:

Given the fact that Smithsonian magazine, like National Geographic, like Sierra Club, like Rick Steves, like PBS and all the countless groups which insist that *climate change* is catastrophic and MUST be addressed immediately, how do you justify advertising and promoting travel by hundreds of millions, burning untold quantities of those NASTY fossil fuels:
page 10 - Regent Cruises - an entire thirty page CATALOG of overpriced cruises
page 20 - Escape World Travel
page 25 - Caravan tours
page 79 - Sail the Wilds of Greenland
page 82 - travel ready kayak - DRIVE your kayak to a lake and the HELL with climate change, eh?
page 83 - Regent Seven Seas Cruises - hypocrites go and have fun, while you preach *climate change* conservation
page 88 - Regent Seven Seas Cruises, in case you haven't gotten the message already
page 88 - Andante Travel to Pompeii, Sicily, because not buring fossil fuel is for losers with no money
page 90 - River Cruising
back cover - Prius, cruising California freeways at 80 mph because we're BETTER than you and we don't give a damn about saving fossil fuel by cruising at 55 mph

Their advertisements are just like yours, replete with hypocrisy and dishonesty. Explain. Justify. Use your fabulous wordplay, as always.

NapRover
04-27-2017, 11:14 AM
LOL, reminds me of 60's-70's Sports Illustrated, most of the ads were cigarettes and booze!

ripmeister
04-27-2017, 12:51 PM
First off this should be in Rants. I've gotten the impression that unless someone lives in a yert and off the grid that they will be subject to your rant. Oh well.

Crepitus
04-27-2017, 05:41 PM

Starman
04-27-2017, 08:31 PM
You can also send your email directly to LettersEd@smithsonian.edu

Sierra.Magazine@sierraclub.org

NGSForum@nationalgeographic.com

Rick@RickSteves.com

This is the girlieman who said, "One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter," in his defense of Islamic terrorists.
"Keep on travelin'." And killing polar bears as you further enrich those nasty old "big oil companies," eh?

Captain Obvious
04-27-2017, 08:37 PM
LOL, reminds me of 60's-70's Sports Illustrated, most of the ads were cigarettes and booze!

It was great for healthcare business

resister
04-27-2017, 08:44 PM
Would be a great post, if it applied.

Crepitus
04-27-2017, 09:26 PM

It does.

resister
04-27-2017, 10:43 PM
It does.
not.

Crepitus
04-28-2017, 07:15 AM
not.

Of course it does. He's acting like we democrats want everyone but us to become Luddites. That isn't true. He's building his own argument to knock down.

Straw man.

patrickt
04-28-2017, 08:46 AM
No, it wouldn't. Cutesy graphics are the refuge of the functionally illiterate or the developmentally disabled. Chimps communicate with humans using pictures.

Starman
04-29-2017, 02:35 PM
Come on now, Patrick, everybody likes a good graphic.