PDA

View Full Version : Sandy may be the Albatross for Obama

Deadwood
11-04-2012, 11:58 AM
He isn't looking so presidential over hurricane Sandy anymore.

There was that video of him watching the storm unfold from the safety of the situation room, and the New Jersey photo op with the diet challenged governor there, but since?

The fallout is almost as bad from Sandy as it was from Katrina....and now, The One is taking some heat at a time when he needs every fucking vite he can get.

MENTOR, Ohio — Facing questions about his campaigning for re-election while millions of Americans still await government relief efforts from superstorm Sandy, President Obama said Saturday that one of the disaster’s positive results was “leaders of different political parties working together to fix what’s broken.”
“It’s a spirit that says, ‘We’re all in this together,’ ” Mr. Obama told about 4,000 supporters in a high-school gym in northeast Ohio. “We rise and fall as one nation and one people.”

The president then pivoted quickly to his partisan stump speech, attacking Republican rival Mitt Romney for pursuing “top-down economics” for the wealthy and billing himself as the true agent of change in the election on Tuesday.

Read more: Obama seeks votes as complaints mount over storm response - Washington Times (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/nov/3/obama-gets-briefing-storm-recovery/#ixzz2BH2nsqmn) http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/nov/3/obama-gets-briefing-storm-recovery/#ixzz2BH2nsqmn
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=ctd-fI3Dar4z1uacwqm_6r&u=washtimes)

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/nov/3/obama-gets-briefing-storm-recovery/

The president then pivoted quickly....

Now there is something new [we sooo need a sarcasm font]

What's amusing is he was hit on it in Ohio while the floods, water shortages, gas rationing and food shortages ravage the coastal areas....

This could make the difference.

Captain Obvious
11-04-2012, 12:00 PM
The same was said about Bengazi.

I don't think any of them offer any real impact on the undecided, just political fodder for rock throwing.

GrassrootsConservative
11-04-2012, 12:12 PM
The uninformed will stay uninformed and continue to vote for the man with the serpent tongue. The snake-oil salesman.
It's sad, really.

Larry Dickman
11-04-2012, 12:13 PM

I don't think any of them offer any real impact on the undecided, just political fodder for rock throwing.

Benghazi is not a borough in New York. If things go straight to hell there, it's going to reflect on President Not Optimal.

bladimz
11-04-2012, 12:40 PM
Well, it's a little early to equate this storm and FEMA's response to the Katrina disaster, i think. But i have a home smack in the middle of Long Beach Island, which took the full fury of Hurricane Sandy. We will not be allowed onto the island until notified to even make some assessment of personal damage. The Nor'easter expected along the coast this coming wednesday will affect schedules, and back it all up even further. That said, we have been getting calls daily from FEMA headquarters giving us updates and current status on utilities, road conditions, safety hazards, etc. One call even warned homeowners to watch for, yes, snakes, as they survey their properties. So far, it looks to me like FEMA's on this pretty good. At least that's what i'm seeing.

I don't see this as any impact on tuesday's election.

Carygrant
11-04-2012, 01:06 PM
Very sane . Unlike the Hysteria mob supporting Misfit and gushing rubbish

Larry Dickman
11-04-2012, 01:08 PM

If there were any common sense left on The Isle, the government would equip all computers with breathalizers.

Trinnity
11-04-2012, 04:02 PM

I don't think any of them offer any real impact on the undecided, just political fodder for rock throwing.This is different. Benghazi happened "over there". Hurricane Sandy happened here.

Professor Peabody
11-04-2012, 04:25 PM

There was that video of him watching the storm unfold from the safety of the situation room, and the New Jersey photo op with the diet challenged governor there, but since?

The fallout is almost as bad from Sandy as it was from Katrina....and now, The One is taking some heat at a time when he needs every fucking vite he can get.

What's amusing is he was hit on it in Ohio while the floods, water shortages, gas rationing and food shortages ravage the coastal areas....

Sandy will just be another albatross on the necklace of them he's wearing right now. Benghazi, Fast and Furious, Solyndra and the Green Energy bankruptcies, 43 straight months of 8 percent or higher unemployment, more than 23 million Americans struggling to find work, 47 million Americans on food stamps, our national debt over $16 trillion following the President’s four $1-trillion-plus annual budget deficits, and an anemic 1.7 percent in second quarter GDP growth, the Home Affordable Refinance Program that was supposed to help 4 million but actually resulted in 390,000, support for the arab spring spending a billion dollars to help the folks who just killed 4 Americans. He'll wear all that like a millstone around his neck going for a swim.

Deadwood
11-04-2012, 04:35 PM
I wonder if not having gas, water, and other essentials will keep people from the polls.

Obama is dependent on turning out his core support ....

Larry Dickman
11-04-2012, 05:09 PM
I wonder if not having gas, water, and other essentials will keep people from the polls.

Obama is dependent on turning out his core support ....

Fear, old pal, I suspect (quite rightly) that the only one's dissuaded from their civic duty would be libturds. Sadly, NY and NJ are pretty much locked in for Chimpy. Although, the winds of change often carry long distances, into odd corners and hovels.

Deadwood
11-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Fear, old pal, I suspect (quite rightly) that the only one's dissuaded from their civic duty would be libturds. Sadly, NY and NJ are pretty much locked in for Chimpy. Although, the winds of change often carry long distances, into odd corners and hovels.

Be advised my friend that he was challenged on this in Ohio, where the local press would have made an issue of it,

Agreed, NY, where my vote goes, and NJ are blue...the effect could roll across....

Canadianeye
11-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Well, it's a little early to equate this storm and FEMA's response to the Katrina disaster, i think. But i have a home smack in the middle of Long Beach Island, which took the full fury of Hurricane Sandy. We will not be allowed onto the island until notified to even make some assessment of personal damage. The Nor'easter expected along the coast this coming wednesday will affect schedules, and back it all up even further. That said, we have been getting calls daily from FEMA headquarters giving us updates and current status on utilities, road conditions, safety hazards, etc. One call even warned homeowners to watch for, yes, snakes, as they survey their properties. So far, it looks to me like FEMA's on this pretty good. At least that's what i'm seeing.

I don't see this as any impact on tuesday's election.

I am sure the gulf coast region citizens from the massive BP oil spill....are very pleased to see Mr. Obama react so quickly in an election year to this Sandy disaster. None of them would be making a comparison at all, I'm sure.

shaarona
11-05-2012, 03:18 AM

No its not as bad as Katrina.. Have you forgotten the people in the stadium.. the refugees in Texas? The death toll?

Katrina went on for months.....

shaarona
11-05-2012, 03:20 AM
I am sure the gulf coast region citizens from the massive BP oil spill....are very pleased to see Mr. Obama react so quickly in an election year to this Sandy disaster. None of them would be making a comparison at all, I'm sure.

How exactly did you expect Obama to stop the oil gushing into the Gulf? You may not know that oil companies clean up oil spills.. the government doesn't have the equipment or the experience.

patrickt
11-05-2012, 07:55 AM
The only albatross for President Obama is President Obama. He's tried to distance himself from President Obama and suck up to Candidate Obama but I really don't think it's worked.

Canadianeye
11-05-2012, 08:59 AM
How exactly did you expect Obama to stop the oil gushing into the Gulf? You may not know that oil companies clean up oil spills.. the government doesn't have the equipment or the experience.

Cited as the greatest environmental disaster to hit the United States, and it happened on April 20th 2010. The Prez showed up on May 2nd 2010 to the spill. It was all the media could talk about, left media and right. Try to keep up, and stop deflecting. I didn't say anything about who can control what regarding the oil spill.

Now, Presidents can't control weather either, but he certainly was in New Jersey in a flash, during his election, which is the point you seemed to have missed shaarona.

shaarona
11-05-2012, 09:08 AM
Cited as the greatest environmental disaster to hit the United States, and it happened on April 20th 2010. The Prez showed up on May 2nd 2010 to the spill. It was all the media could talk about, left media and right. Try to keep up, and stop deflecting. I didn't say anything about who can control what regarding the oil spill.

Now, Presidents can't control weather either, but he certainly was in New Jersey in a flash, during his election, which is the point you seemed to have missed shaarona.

Sometimes politicians need to stay out of the way... as was the case re: Deepwater Horizon... Every oil company around the world was trying to figure out how to stop the oil flow.

patrickt
11-05-2012, 09:08 AM

It's been awhile but wasn't there some excitement about the federal government preventing barges with booms to contain the spill from leaving port until they'd all been inspected? Wasn't there some scandal about the unions preventing assistance from other countries? Wasn't President Obama publicly furious at Gov. Jindal for being critical of the federal response? Wasn't there a problem about the federal government preventing dikes being built to protect bayous and wetlands?

I seem to remember, too, President Obama promising to "keep my boot on their throat" referring to BP.

I'm just going on memory because it's not worth spending a lot of time responding to your silly post.

coolwalker
11-05-2012, 10:02 AM

One hyphenated word...shut-up.

bladimz
11-06-2012, 05:12 PM
<Well, you have a point there. Just between you and me, i suspect that Obama and his "climate change" cronies had something to do with actually creating this Hurricane Sandy storm thing. This was Obama's October Surprise, you see. So it was a very effective political stunt, which should carry him into office for a second term.

Now the BP Spill. That was criminal. I mean, just imagine our POTUS "shaking down" the good and honest folks at BP for all that money earmarked for beach reclamation and victim reimbursements. Disgraceful!>

bladimz
11-06-2012, 05:20 PM
It's been awhile but wasn't there some excitement about the federal government preventing barges with booms to contain the spill from leaving port until they'd all been inspected? Wasn't there some scandal about the unions preventing assistance from other countries? Wasn't President Obama publicly furious at Gov. Jindal for being critical of the federal response? Wasn't there a problem about the federal government preventing dikes being built to protect bayous and wetlands?

I seem to remember, too, President Obama promising to "keep my boot on their throat" referring to BP.

I'm just going on memory because it's not worth spending a lot of time responding to your silly post.And yet, with all that, the GOP opposition, Mr. Romney, nor any of his staff never brought any of that up during this whole campaign. Is it because they were just too stupid, forgot about it, or what?