PDA

View Full Version : Trump ~ 'I will end Mid-East Conflict today'

exotix
05-03-2017, 07:38 AM
Today

Trump to Meet Palestinian Leader Abbas and Wants Mideast Peace Deal

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/trump-meet-palestinian-leader-abbas-wants-mideast-peace-deal-n753806

Donald Trump is convinced that the Mideast should no longer be riven by violence and that peace is within reach.

"I want to see peace with Israel and the Palestinians," he told Reuters in an interview last week.

"There is no reason there's not peace between Israel and the Palestinians — none whatsoever."

http://res.cloudinary.com/luvckye9s/image/upload/v1493815604/2_twywyn.png

exotix
05-03-2017, 07:40 AM
LOL

A Palestinian demonstrator throws an old shoe at a poster of President Donald Trump during a protest in the flashpoint West Bank city of Hebron on Feb. 24.

https://media1.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/2017_18/1986171/170503-israel-palestine-conflict-cr-0454_01_2e890631b3d9ddde5f35e1f19344bebb.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg

Abby08
05-03-2017, 08:08 AM
Just like that, he's going to meet with Abbas and, after one meeting, he's gonna end the war between Israel and Palestine.......ok Donald, I'd like to see that.

I mean, it would be great if after one meeting, he can accomplish that, but, I won't hold my breath.

Standing Wolf
05-03-2017, 08:15 AM
I don't see Trump or anyone else persuading the Israeli government to dismantle all the illegal West Bank settlements, and until that happens there will be no lasting peace.

Crepitus
05-03-2017, 08:23 AM
Just like that, he's going to meet with Abbas and, after one meeting, he's gonna end the war between Israel and Palestine.......ok Donald, I'd like to see that.

I mean, it would be great if after one meeting, he can accomplish that, but, I won't hold my breath.

If that actually happens I will eat my shoe. (I hear they taste better than crow).

FindersKeepers
05-03-2017, 08:24 AM
Abbas is the most centered of the pali leaders, but Trump won't get any cooperation from Hamas.

Crepitus
05-03-2017, 08:25 AM
Abbas is the most centered of the pali leaders, but Trump won't get any cooperation from Hamas.

Or Israel.

FindersKeepers
05-03-2017, 08:30 AM
Or Israel.

Perhaps.

The deals have all been offered and re-offered. Ad nauseum.

Hamas insists on a right of return, which would be suicide for Israel, and Israel will not give up the border land due to security reasons. Hamas will not accept Israel as a state.

They are very far apart and it's doubtful Trump can do anything to bring them closer together.

DGUtley
05-03-2017, 08:44 AM
I don't see that conflict ever ending. I grew up in a small farm town in Ohio. I knew no Jews or Arabs. When I went to law school at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, I asked several of the Jewish and Arab kids in the library studying together why they hated each other and the response I got was: I hate him b/c he's a Jew / I hate him b/c he's an Arab. It's so ingrained, so deep -- and these were all Americans. It was all foreign to me as we were raised to see people differently. My first experience with racism was when the neighbor kids in Sebring called my dark skinned Italian relatives the n-word. We just weren't raised to see people in terms of differences.

Everybody's tried, some in real good faith. I think if you sat them down in a room, all of them and asked them what they wanted they couldn't tell you. To some extent, I think there's a business in it -- the Israel / Arab conflict -- power and money. I wish him luck, but he's being naïve.