PDA

View Full Version : Warning: ​Obama Bloviates

rcfieldz
05-03-2017, 08:46 PM
Obama Bloviates...and gives a whopping $2 mill for summer job program.
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/05/03/barack-michelle-obama-donate-2-million-summer-jobs-programs-chicago/22067779/

Can't wait to see where all that money goes. What could they possibly learn about? Teaching Chicagos kids how to get a job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8DgzgNudHM

Captain Obvious
05-03-2017, 08:48 PM
I bet the racial mix is grossly disproportionate.

I'm only stating that because if GW did the same thing for all white kids the left would piss themselves.

And nobody would call "two wrongs".

Hooray for diversity...

Common Sense
05-03-2017, 09:46 PM

I'm only stating that because if GW did the same thing for all white kids the left would piss themselves.

Hooray for diversity...
We hear so much how conservatives approve of charity and how no one on the left or the black community steps up to try to help places like Chicago.

Obama does and they bitch about it

huh...

Captain Obvious
05-03-2017, 09:47 PM
We hear so much how conservatives approve of charity and how no one on the left or the black community steps up to try to help places like Chicago.

huh...

It's the bed he's made

Common Sense
05-03-2017, 09:47 PM
Ok...

Tahuyaman
05-03-2017, 10:08 PM

Hooray for diversity...

The race baiters on the left would say that the white kids don't need such assistance because they were born with an insurmountable advantage.

Tahuyaman
05-03-2017, 10:12 PM

Obama does and they $#@! about it

huh...

As long as it's run with private donations, I have no issue with it.

Safety
05-03-2017, 10:22 PM

huh...

Ain't it something? The hard right does nothing but wring their hands when talking about Chicago, it's the first word out of their mouth whenever a different topic about police shooting unarmed black males is brought up...yet whenever someone tries to do something to address it, and you hear nothing but more bitching.

I seriously think the hard right doesn't want anything done, so they can have a perpetual group to blame their life failure on.

decedent
05-03-2017, 10:42 PM
The race baiters on the left would say that the white kids don't need such assistance because they were born with an insurmountable advantage.

Michelle Obama can't do anything right, according to the haters.

"Chicago" and "Obama" ... no wonder the right is triggered.

Safety
05-03-2017, 10:49 PM
Michelle Obama can't do anything right, according to the haters.

"Chicago" and "Obama" ... no wonder the right is triggered.

Seriously. Here they are donating 2 mil of their money to help the community's kids, and just look at the hard right's comments.

Dr. Who
05-03-2017, 11:07 PM
Seriously. Here they are donating 2 mil of their money to help the community's kids, and just look at the hard right's comments.

Obama is private citizen now, not the President. He is doing what he wants to do to make a difference, something that he may not have been able to do in office, perhaps not unlike other Presidents. People are entirely too critical in the circumstances. Some have been harping on the fact that Obama didn't help Chicago when he was in office. Perhaps he couldn't do it while in office. To his credit, he is donating his own money now to make a difference and that is laudable. He is putting his money where his mouth is.

Safety
05-03-2017, 11:16 PM
Obama is private citizen now, not the President. He is doing what he wants to do to make a difference, something that he may not have been able to do in office, perhaps not unlike other Presidents. People are entirely too critical in the circumstances. Some have been harping on the fact that Obama didn't help Chicago when he was in office. Perhaps he couldn't do it while in office. To his credit, he is donating his own money now to make a difference and that is laudable. He is putting his money where his mouth is.

Totally. For example, take a look at this thread, Obama wants to help the community by donating money to set up a summer job program. Instead of people saying "hey great, he's trying to do something", there are comments about it being racial, where the only racial aspect of it is due to socioeconomic demographics. The same socioeconomic demographics that is constantly ridiculed as being "inner cities", "democratic sewers", "urban trash", etc.

The good thing is that people can read between the lines and understand exactly why the comments are made.

Tahuyaman
05-03-2017, 11:23 PM

Obama does and they $#@! about it

huh...

where are all these complaints? One person made one comment. That doesn't represent the majority.

Dr. Who
05-03-2017, 11:31 PM
Totally. For example, take a look at this thread, Obama wants to help the community by donating money to set up a summer job program. Instead of people saying "hey great, he's trying to do something", there are comments about it being racial, where the only racial aspect of it is due to socioeconomic demographics. The same socioeconomic demographics that is constantly ridiculed as being "inner cities", "democratic sewers", "urban trash", etc.

The good thing is that people can read between the lines and understand exactly why the comments are made.
People don't have a right to denegrate where an individual wants to donate their funds. Obama is donating them as he sees fit. It's costing no one else anything. If it helps a number of kids to change their path in life, it made a difference. Perhaps then they can pay it forward. It's ridiculous to criticize someone for not doing something specific to help and then criticize them when they do. That just suggests that the criticism has nothing to do with anything other than bias.

Safety
05-03-2017, 11:35 PM
People don't have a right to denegrate where an individual wants to donate their funds. Obama is donating them as he sees fit. It's costing no one else anything. If it helps a number of kids to change their path in life, it made a difference. Perhaps then they can pay it forward. It's ridiculous to criticize someone for not doing something specific to help and then criticize them when they do. That just suggests that the criticism has nothing to do with anything other than bias.

Exactly.

decedent
05-04-2017, 06:10 PM
where are all these complaints? One person made one comment. That doesn't represent the majority.

Where's the harm? Why was this thread even made? The Obamas and Chicago.

Michelle is rich, but not that rich. That's a lot of money. This generosity is awesome. Like the Clintons, Bushes and Carters, I think it's great when former Presidents continue contributing. It shows that it wasn't all about getting power -- that they might have actually cared about the country.

Tahuyaman
05-04-2017, 06:43 PM
Where's the harm? Why was this thread even made? The Obamas and Chicago.

Michelle is rich, but not that rich. That's a lot of money. This generosity is awesome. Like the Clintons, Bushes and Carters, I think it's great when former Presidents continue contributing. It shows that it wasn't all about getting power -- that they might have actually cared about the country.

Michelle is rich? What did she do to earn any wealth?

decedent
05-04-2017, 07:28 PM
Michelle is rich? What did she do to earn any wealth?

After attending Harvard Law, Michelle Obama was a top lawyer at Chicago law firm Sidley Austin, where she met her future husband. She went on to work in public service. According to CNNMoney, the Obamas have always pooled their earnings and say they have poured thousands of dollars into “boring investments,” such as index funds, U.S. Treasury notes, and U.S. Treasury bills.

http://www.bankrate.com/lifestyle/celebrity-money/michelle-obamas-net-worth-may-surprise-you/

jimmyz
05-04-2017, 07:33 PM

The Obamas are doing what their accountant says to do to offset the tax on their $65 million in book deals. Be real liar.

DGUtley
05-05-2017, 03:21 AM
The Obamas are doing what their accountant says to do to offset the tax on their $65 million in book deals. Be real liar.

Warning -- jimmyz, please stop the personal insults and/or name-calling. Thank you.

Common
05-05-2017, 04:35 AM
Ain't it something? The hard right does nothing but wring their hands when talking about Chicago, it's the first word out of their mouth whenever a different topic about police shooting unarmed black males is brought up...yet whenever someone tries to do something to address it, and you hear nothing but more bitching.

I seriously think the hard right doesn't want anything done, so they can have a perpetual group to blame their life failure on.

How bout that scumbag BLM executing police. Giving money to chicago isnt going to fix a damn thing. I dont care how much money obama wants to give to anyone its his money but if he has any illusions that 2 million is going to stop the murder and crime rate in chicago hes a dumber far left whacker than I thought. Police arent policing chicago or any of the high crime cities and they wont anytime soon unless things change and the bodies of young black males piles up.

Liberals keep talking pure bullshit in circles. They play the blame game, murders in chicago and baltimore oh its the white mans fault, the poleeses fault its racist republicans fault, its TRUMPS FAULT, NO!!!!!

Its the culture being brought forward and the lack of aggressive policing that drives crime up but its especially the Progressive left promoting it

FindersKeepers
05-05-2017, 05:14 AM

It sounds like a good program. Giving kids an opportunity to work instead of hang out on the streets is a great idea.

Keeping kids busy keeps them out of trouble. All parents know that. That's why we see minivans picking up loads of kids from school and shuttling them to soccer practice, ballet, karate, and to after-school tutoring.

If local businesses would jump on the bandwagon and start creating additional part-time positions for kids, it could really help. I wasn't a fan of Obama's presidency, but this is a good idea. I hope it catches on in a big way.

Change starts with baby steps. And, it starts with the young. It's unlikely this will turn around any hardened gang members, but that's not really its purpose.

Safety
05-05-2017, 07:03 AM
How bout that scumbag BLM executing police. Giving money to chicago isnt going to fix a damn thing. I dont care how much money obama wants to give to anyone its his money but if he has any illusions that 2 million is going to stop the murder and crime rate in chicago hes a dumber far left whacker than I thought. Police arent policing chicago or any of the high crime cities and they wont anytime soon unless things change and the bodies of young black males piles up.

Liberals keep talking pure bullshit in circles. They play the blame game, murders in chicago and baltimore oh its the white mans fault, the poleeses fault its racist republicans fault, its TRUMPS FAULT, NO!!!!!

Its the culture being brought forward and the lack of aggressive policing that drives crime up but its especially the Progressive left promoting it

At some point, you must move past your unrational hatred for anything black, common. You sit here saying BLM is executing police, but ignore 48% of the officers shot were by whites, and more than 60% were done by individuals that didn't want to get arrested, not because they were targeting the police. But don't take my word from it, I was just quoting facts from the FBI report.

Starman
05-05-2017, 03:38 PM
Thank you for the video, rcfieldz.

Obama is more crooked than Nixon, more narcissistic and full of moral turpitude than Bill Clinton, more venal than Hillary, more financially ignorant than F.D.R. (whose Depression policies lengthened its adverse effects by yeas). Obama's foreign policy was worse than Woodrow Wilson's, whose academic idiocy catapulted America into the two most destructive wars in the history of the world. Obama's executive overreach far exceeded that of Theodore Roosevelt, who saw how to and used administrative bureaucracy to insert the government into every area of American life.

Obama rewarded the devious and the criminal, loosed thousands of convicted felons, murderers, thieves, and traitors. He encouraged lawlessness. He planted an active time bomb contaiined within refugees sworn and committed to destroy us and our way of life, all the while utilizing care and assistance programs meant for U.S. Citizens (who are paying for it - twice). He has elevated the traitors and insulted our heroes, mocked our country's flag and imprisoned brave men who fought under it. He's ignored the needy and dissed the worthy while rewarding the lawless and uplifting the immoral. He lies freely to the American people repeatedly and shamelessly.

He has been and will forever be a stain and reproach upon the people who voted for him. Those who bought into a liberal guilt trip attempted to assuage this manufactured guilt, proving themselves good-hearted but short-sighted by trusting a liar who has wreaked harm and evil consequences by distorting and perverting the Constitutional protections and procedures he had sworn to uphold. He is a taker, a spender, a robber of the just, and an indulged, pampered egotist, a sociopath who scorns truth, justice, and who mocks the very people who stupidly elevated this worm. Everywhere in the world people are suffering and dying every day - needlessly, because of his faithlessness.

There is not yet an end in signt of the destructive attitudes and forces he has unleashed in our land and in the world. - (Author unknown)

Dr. Who
05-05-2017, 04:43 PM
It sounds like a good program. Giving kids an opportunity to work instead of hang out on the streets is a great idea.

Keeping kids busy keeps them out of trouble. All parents know that. That's why we see minivans picking up loads of kids from school and shuttling them to soccer practice, ballet, karate, and to after-school tutoring.

If local businesses would jump on the bandwagon and start creating additional part-time positions for kids, it could really help. I wasn't a fan of Obama's presidency, but this is a good idea. I hope it catches on in a big way.

Change starts with baby steps. And, it starts with the young. It's unlikely this will turn around any hardened gang members, but that's not really its purpose.
I think the idea is to be a positive influence in the kids' lives before they reach the age where they can easily fall under negative influences.