PDA

View Full Version : Are Conservatives More Negative Than Liberals?

Pendragon
10-13-2011, 11:56 AM
It appears to this author the answer is yes. Liberals tend to be positive, loving, caring individuals while many conservatives tear down the world they observe and offer criticism with very little in the way of offering improvement. However I am willing to admit that my social circles generally include more liberals than conservatives, so I put it to you conservatives here on this board to tell me if I am wrong. In observing the posts here from the more conservative members there appears to be a constant drum beat of negativity, not only against Obama but against the system and even the country. I feel sorry for those of you who have no hope for the future. Remember, even if you do not believe in Obama, YES WE CAN!

Mister D
10-13-2011, 12:01 PM
It appears to this author the answer is yes. Liberals tend to be positive, loving, caring individuals while many conservatives tear down the world they observe and offer criticism with very little in the way of offering improvement. However I am willing to admit that my social circles generally include more liberals than conservatives, so I put it to you conservatives here on this board to tell me if I am wrong. In observing the posts here from the more conservative members there appears to be a constant drum beat of negativity, not only against Obama but against the system and even the country. I feel sorry for those of you who have no hope for the future. Remember, even if you do not believe in Obama, YES WE CAN!

Could you cite this negativity?

Conley
10-13-2011, 12:10 PM
It's not a good time in this nation's history. It's not just me saying that. There are facts that bear this out. Unemployment, federal debt, wealth disparity, the price of gold, etc. It goes beyond saying that conservatives are negative and liberals are positive. Liberals think they have an ally in the President, so it makes sense that they would be happier with the path the country is taking. The situation was flipped when George W. Bush was in office. The thing is that if you and other partisans were paying attention no one would be happy with the general actions of either. No one should support government expansion for expansion's sake and further wastes of money. Liberals would admit too that money can be better spent on the social programs they support rather than just flushing it on long shots like the 'jobs' bill.

Mister D
10-13-2011, 12:20 PM
It's not a good time in this nation's history. It's not just me saying that. There are facts that bear this out. Unemployment, federal debt, wealth disparity, the price of gold, etc. It goes beyond saying that conservatives are negative and liberals are positive. Liberals think they have an ally in the President, so it makes sense that they would be happier with the path the country is taking. The situation was flipped when George W. Bush was in office. The thing is that if you and other partisans were paying attention no one would be happy with the general actions of either. No one should support government expansion for expansion's sake and further wastes of money. Liberals would admit too that money can be better spent on the social programs they support rather than just flushing it on long shots like the 'jobs' bill.

It goes well beyond saying that conservatives are negative and liberals are positive.

Conley
10-13-2011, 12:26 PM
Definitely.

Pendragon
10-13-2011, 12:31 PM

It is all around us. On Fox News, on this forum, and throughout the other various media outlets. Do you not wish to discuss the issue?

Mister D
10-13-2011, 12:51 PM

It is all around us. On Fox News, on this forum, and throughout the other various media outlets. Do you not wish to discuss the issue?

You've asked loaded questions. Again, can you cite some of this negativity for us? especially from this website.

Pendragon
10-13-2011, 01:11 PM
Fine.

This is just the latest example:

I'm starting to warm to Romney but I think mostly that's because he sounds intelligent and isn't Obama. That's about 90% of his appeal to me.

I don't like his smile for some reason. I still have hope that the GOP can be reformed so they will get my vote in 2012.

You don't like his smile? In your mind this is not only a topic for discussion, but a reason to dislike a candidate?

Elibe
10-13-2011, 01:28 PM

i have noticed this too

conservatives are quick to criticize but they dont offer any real solutions

they want tax cuts but still want all their bennies like social security medicare and all the rest of it.

Mister D
10-13-2011, 01:51 PM
Fine.

I'm starting to warm to Romney but I think mostly that's because he sounds intelligent and isn't Obama. That's about 90% of his appeal to me.

I don't like his smile for some reason. I still have hope that the GOP can be reformed so they will get my vote in 2012.

You don't like his smile? In your mind this is not only a topic for discussion, but a reason to dislike a candidate?

Yu haven't answered my question, Pen,. Where is this negativity? If you don't the fact that I mentioned Romney's smile then you don;t have to respond to it. Please cite this negativity.

Mister D
10-13-2011, 01:53 PM

i have noticed this too

they want tax cuts but still want all their bennies like social security medicare and all the rest of it.

I've noticed just the opposite

Liberals are quick to criticize but they dont offer any real solutions

they want to tax "the rich" but when spending is the sourcce of our fiscal problems

Elibe
10-13-2011, 01:54 PM
Fine.

Yu haven't answered my question, Pen,. Where is this negativity? If you don't the fact that I mentioned Romney's smile then you don;t have to respond to it. Please cite this negativity.

he already answered you

why dont you answer the question

Elibe
10-13-2011, 01:55 PM

i have noticed this too

they want to tax "the rich" but when spending is the sourcce of our fiscal problems

spending on wars that the conservatives started

Mister D
10-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Fine.

he already answered you

why dont you answer the question

Come again? How is this indicative of the negativity that is supposedly so prevalent?

Mister D
10-13-2011, 02:34 PM

i have noticed this too

Sorry, but Iraq isn't the cause of our fiscal crisis. I'm afraid it goes much deeper than that.

Elibe
10-13-2011, 02:39 PM
when bush came into office the debt was nothing compared to the size now

that war cost a ton of money

how can you deny that? it is like talking to a wall

Mister D
10-13-2011, 02:59 PM
when bush came into office the debt was nothing compared to the size now

that war cost a ton of money

how can you deny that? it is like talking to a wall

Obama hasn't contributed a healthy chunk himself? ::) You know what the difference between wars and entitlement spending is? Wars have an end.

MMC
10-13-2011, 05:29 PM

i have noticed this too

Then there was Libya.....oh and lets not forget the bombings in Somalia. Then there was Serbia and Kosovo. Then Nam. Seems quite a few that Republicans nor Conservatives started. Course Nam being the major screw up costing more American lives than all other wars combined.

Elibe
10-13-2011, 06:15 PM
we are talking current events not ancient history

iraq and afghanistan we havent spent money in libya or somalia compared to those 2

MMC
10-13-2011, 06:25 PM
we are talking current events not ancient history

iraq and afghanistan we havent spent money in libya or somalia compared to those 2

What are you talking about as of Sept first of this year we have spent over a billion dollars for Libya. We are dropping bombs in Yemen and Somalia. This is all current. No one as of yet is attaching any price to Yemen and Somalia.