PDA

View Full Version : To you global warming enthusist

donttread
05-10-2017, 07:05 AM
Where I live ,it's been March weather for a nearly a week in May . I haven't seen 50 degrees in nearly a week and I have seen snow several days , even accumulating at times.
So to those of you who feel you are effected by global warming I'll make this offer. Send us some of your "overly warm" air. We'll take it off your hands.
Problem solved

Crepitus
05-10-2017, 07:16 AM
Global warming enthusiasts?

While they are out there, people who acknowledge anthropomorphic global warming and also think it is a good thing are pretty rare.

Common
05-10-2017, 07:33 AM
The Global Warming crowd is comprised of Scientists that MUST HAVE something to keep the grant funding coming in, if not they starve and liberals that must have something ANYTHING to whine about.

To date there is No proof of global warming and the Scientific community itself is still split on it.

Common Sense
05-10-2017, 07:38 AM
LOL...there is plenty of proof of global warming and a consensus among the vast majority of scientists.

But you know, Trump voters...

midcan5
05-10-2017, 08:25 AM
Can you spell Agnotology? One day a warming denier was walking down a road and an acorn hit them on the head....well you know the rest of the fable.

'Merchants of Doubt: How a Handful of Scientists Obscured the Truth on Issues from Tobacco Smoke to Global Warming' Naomi Oreskes, Erik M. M. Conway

"If you tried to doubt everything you would not get as far as doubting anything. The game of doubting itself presupposes certainty." Ludwig Wittgenstein

texan
05-10-2017, 10:11 AM
LOL...there is plenty of proof of global warming and a consensus among the vast majority of scientists.

I wouldn't disagree with the planet warming. Pretty sure there are periods that it warms and cools. I always taught my kids that when you are in a room and everyone agrees with you to get out of the room. You need debate to make sure things are flushed out. There hasn't been debate. There has been mandate.

Chris
05-10-2017, 10:34 AM

That's politics. Science is not about proof or consensus. But you know, people with agendas.

Chris
05-10-2017, 10:35 AM
Can you spell Agnotology? One day a warming denier was walking down a road and an acorn hit them on the head....well you know the rest of the fable.

'Merchants of Doubt: How a Handful of Scientists Obscured the Truth on Issues from Tobacco Smoke to Global Warming' Naomi Oreskes, Erik M. M. Conway

"If you tried to doubt everything you would not get as far as doubting anything. The game of doubting itself presupposes certainty." Ludwig Wittgenstein

So donttread's cool weather is attributable to so many people quitting smoking.

donttread
05-10-2017, 10:36 AM
Global warming enthusiasts?

While they are out there, people who acknowledge anthropomorphic global warming and also think it is a good thing are pretty rare.

Don't be so literal. But really what's so bad about it?

Kalkin
05-10-2017, 10:36 AM
http://www.dailywire.com/news/16154/global-quackery-earth-has-not-warmed-past-19-years-joseph-curl?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=102516-podcast&utm_campaign=beingconservative#

I embrace climate change.

donttread
05-10-2017, 10:38 AM

It seems to have turned off in the past 15 years or so though? Could it be largely long term weather patterns we don't really understand slightly increased by us?

Chris
05-10-2017, 10:51 AM
It seems to have turned off in the past 15 years or so though? Could it be largely long term weather patterns we don't really understand slightly increased by us?

Yes, there was a warming hiatus for about 16-17 years. But, some measurements continued to rise--oceans iirc; the hiatus has finished; there are explanations, my favorite the stadium wave hypothesis; and models have been revised to lower output guesses. Please don't ask for links to all that!

Chris
05-10-2017, 10:54 AM
http://www.dailywire.com/news/16154/global-quackery-earth-has-not-warmed-past-19-years-joseph-curl?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=102516-podcast&utm_campaign=beingconservative#

I embrace climate change.

Yes, there was a warming hiatus for about 16-17 years. But, some measurements continued to rise--oceans iirc; the hiatus has finished; there are explanations, my favorite the stadium wave hypothesis; and models have been revised to lower output guesses. Please don't ask for links to all that!

And there's disagreement the hiatus has finished.

Mechanic
05-10-2017, 11:12 AM
So donttread's cool weather is attributable to so many people quitting smoking.Actually it is from the the lack of hot air from republicans screaming about Obama taking their guns.

Chris
05-10-2017, 12:32 PM
Actually it is from the the lack of hot air from republicans screaming about Obama taking their guns.

Replaced by the bloviating against Trump. :D

Crepitus
05-10-2017, 01:05 PM
Don't be so literal. But really what's so bad about it?

The unpredictability for starters.

donttread
05-12-2017, 06:00 PM
The unpredictability for starters.

We are an adaptable species. We'll deal with it

Crepitus
05-12-2017, 06:55 PM
Actually it is from the the lack of hot air from republicans screaming about Obama taking their guns.

Lol!

Crepitus
05-12-2017, 06:55 PM
Replaced by the bloviating against Trump. :D

Lol also

Captain Obvious
05-12-2017, 11:17 PM
Well... ppft, it's unseasonably cool in .004% of the globe, that's proof enough.

Bucket carriers...

Peter1469
05-12-2017, 11:21 PM
Relax. We are moving beyond fossil fuels. So the warmists can chill and the Luke warmists can gloat.

The rest can wonder at science.

donttread
05-24-2017, 07:32 AM
Expect plunging gas prices after Memorial day to discourage alternate energy development and investment

Peter1469
05-24-2017, 04:59 PM
Expect plunging gas prices after Memorial day to discourage alternate energy development and investment

I think the alt- fuel industry has grown enough to withstand the oil industry attacks.

donttread
05-25-2017, 12:21 PM
I think the alt- fuel industry has grown enough to withstand the oil industry attacks.

Let's hope so