PDA

View Full Version : Polling Firm Asks People For The First Word They Think Of For President Trump....

Chris
05-11-2017, 10:24 AM
Polling Firm Asks People For The First Word They Think Of For President Trump And... Ouch (http://digg.com/2017/trump-idiot-strong-leader)

The latest Quinnipiac University Poll doesn't contain a whole lot of good news for President Trump: his disapproval rate is nearing 60%, a growing segment of Republicans disapprove of his performance, and a majority disapproves of his handling of the economy.

But most unpleasant for Trump are the responses to Quinnipiac's question: "What is the first word that comes to mind when you think of Donald Trump?"

https://i.snag.gy/u13KkD.jpg

There are certainly some bright spots in the top answers (the list shows all answers given at least 5 times), including "leader" and "strong" near the top of the list. But most of the other responses, from "idiot" to "clown," paint an unpleasant picture about the President.

Of course, people also just don't like politicians. Here's what respondents answered to the same question about Hillary Clinton in a poll from August 2015:

https://i.snag.gy/l2Ehto.jpg

Maybe we should just get a whole new batch of politicians?

So, two questions:

One, what one word would you use to describe Trump?

Two, should we get a whole new batch of politicians?

One, incoherent.

Two, won't make a bit of difference.

The Xl
05-11-2017, 10:27 AM
I don't think he can be summed up in just one word. I'm not a fan outside of the havoc he's been causing to the establishment, which redeems him imo. I don't think polls that can possibly be manipulated for political purposes is trustworthy or credible.

Chris
05-11-2017, 10:33 AM
I don't think he can be summed up in just one word. I'm not a fan outside of the havoc he's been causing to the establishment, which redeems him imo. I don't think polls that can possibly be manipulated for political purposes is trustworthy or credible.

Man, that's no fun. I'll put you down as "havoc." :D

The Xl
05-11-2017, 10:38 AM
Man, that's no fun. I'll put you down as "havoc." :D

Havoc is probably the best description anyway. They should have had it on the poll lol.

Cletus
05-11-2017, 10:42 AM
I think "renegade" in the sense of a person who rejects conventional behavior fits him pretty well.

I find him rather refreshing in a lot of ways.

The Xl
05-11-2017, 10:44 AM
I think "renegade" in the sense of a person who rejects conventional behavior fits him pretty well.

I find him rather refreshing in a lot of ways.

He's forced the rest of the government, the media, Hollywood, etc, to openly show their hands, and that has woken many people up. That alone redeems the bad and incompetent things he's done.

Cletus
05-11-2017, 10:46 AM
He's forced the rest of the government, the media, Hollywood, etc, to openly show their hands, and that has woken many people up. That alone redeems the bad and incompetent things he's done.

I agree.

Chris
05-11-2017, 10:50 AM

I'd agree with that. He's shaken many awake. Where they will come to rest is anybody's guess.

Common
05-11-2017, 11:10 AM
Congress has an 20% favorability rate, thats up from the lowest point ever of 14
Id bet if you did a poll on them the results would be pretty much the same, politicians are out of favor now

decedent
05-11-2017, 11:11 AM
$1 trillion more debt this year.

Trump could have put some effort into reducing spending, working with budgets, etc. Instead there were golf trips and tantrums. So much for shaking things up. An actual politician would have known what to do to.

He could have re-planned the Essential Air Service program, reinstated the Joint Committee on Reduction of Nonessential Federal Expenditures forced federal contracts to be posted online, defense cuts. He doesn't know what any of these are, nor does he care.

"Idiot", "incompetent", "liar" -- I'd let a 3-sided coin decide.

As for Hillary, I'll go with "experience". She has too much baggage. She's done.

Chris
05-11-2017, 11:14 AM
Congress has an 20% favorability rate, thats up from the lowest point ever of 14
Id bet if you did a poll on them the results would be pretty much the same, politicians are out of favor now

Politicians belong in the Hole! :)

Doublejack
05-11-2017, 11:16 AM
Idiot

Common
05-11-2017, 11:25 AM
$1 trillion more debt this year.

Trump could have put some effort into reducing spending, working with budgets, etc. Instead there were golf trips and tantrums. So much for shaking things up. An actual politician would have known what to do to.

He could have re-planned the Essential Air Service program, reinstated the Joint Committee on Reduction of Nonessential Federal Expenditures forced federal contracts to be posted online, defense cuts. He doesn't know what any of these are, nor does he care.

"Idiot", "incompetent", "liar" -- I'd let a 3-sided coin decide.

As for Hillary, I'll go with "experience". She has too much baggage. She's done.
Bush and Obama own most of the debt

Mini Me
05-11-2017, 11:30 AM
Refreshing? Like a fart in a men's locker room?
:laugh: I find him rather refreshing in a lot of ways.

Private Pickle
05-11-2017, 11:33 AM
"Derp" comes to mind.

Cletus
05-11-2017, 11:39 AM
Refreshing? Like a fart in a men's locker room?

That may be your idea of refreshing, but it isn't mine.

Ravens Fan
05-11-2017, 11:40 AM
Underdog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peter1469
05-11-2017, 12:29 PM
Disrupter.

Hillary- crooked

Captain Obvious
05-11-2017, 12:52 PM
Trump

del
05-11-2017, 03:37 PM
asshat

Robo
05-12-2017, 10:08 AM
Polling Firm Asks People For The First Word They Think Of For President Trump And... Ouch (http://digg.com/2017/trump-idiot-strong-leader)

"Incompetent Idiot" make the top 2 spots on the list. What's that say about a nation of voters who put him in office and the competition he defeated to get there? How about "Unbelievably Unreal Morons?"

So, two questions:

One, what one word would you use to describe Trump?

Two, should we get a whole new batch of politicians?

One, incoherent.

Two, won't make a bit of difference.

Tahuyaman
05-12-2017, 11:00 AM
Polling Firm Asks People For The First Word They Think Of For President Trump....

Unpredictable.

tres borrachos
05-12-2017, 03:45 PM
Preschooler.