PDA

View Full Version : The Path of Most Resistance

Chris
05-12-2017, 11:32 AM
So how's that Resistance going?

The Path of Most Resistance (https://newrepublic.com/article/142425/path-resistance-promise-perils-democrats-fight-against-trump)

https://i.snag.gy/hPO1vB.jpg

The Resistance, as it’s come to be known, was born of anger and abandonment.

The anger began the day after the election. Donald Trump, rejected by a decisive majority of voters, had been declared the next president of the United States. Republicans controlled all three branches of the federal government, as well as 32 state legislatures and 33 governor’s mansions—their strongest lock on power in nearly a century. Liberalism had been dealt its most stunning and consequential defeat in American history.

But around sunset that evening, the protests began. In New York and Chicago, demonstrators stormed Trump’s buildings. In Los Angeles, they beat orange piñatas to a pulp and spray-painted anti-Trump obscenities on the Los Angeles Times building. In Oakland and Portland, fires and fights broke out; dozens were arrested on riot charges. In at least 50 cities and towns, protesters blocked traffic, burned Trump in effigy, and scuffled with his defenders. And night after night that first week, they just kept coming out. “We! Reject! The president-elect!” they chanted. In a display of partisan fury, they took their hashtag slogan—#Notmypresident—from the Tea Party’s racist campaign to discredit Barack Obama.

...The first 100 days of opposition to Trump could not have gone better if liberals had scripted them. Democrats desperately need a movement like the Resistance to shake things up and mobilize neglected constituencies and experiment with a variety of new approaches. But to harness the wrath and discontent that inevitably accompany such movements, the left must take stock of what has been accomplished so far, and where the pitfalls lie. Unless we find a mechanism to resolve the very real differences within the party and turn our initial success into coordinated action, the Resistance will prove as fleeting as Occupy Wall Street or the Rainbow Coalition. It is up to us, in short, to determine whether the Resistance will succeed where so many other uprisings have failed.

Common
05-12-2017, 12:31 PM
The left is making flaming jerkoffs out of themselves. Listening to these frantic lieing embellishing phonies makes normal people shake their heads.

Like the line up of democrat frauds that raucously screamed for comey to be fired over Hillary and now love him to death because trump fired him.

Ive said this over and over I want them to keep doing exactly what theyve been doing. I want everyone to see what being liberal is really all about.

BTW to date their success rate is hovering around zero

Chris
05-12-2017, 12:39 PM
OK, Resistance, what do you say to that?

Doublejack
05-12-2017, 12:53 PM
OK, Resistance, what do you say to that?
http://www.progressivepostdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/donald-trump-lowest-approval-rating-president-first-quarter-gallup-968x1024.png

Captain Obvious
05-12-2017, 01:03 PM
I don't know why people put so much emphasis on approval ratings. People are morons, it's all flavor of the day shit.

Common
05-12-2017, 01:55 PM
No matter what the approval rating Trump is President hes slowing illegal immigration by a big margin over writing obamas exec orders and generally ruining the lives of millions of left wing lunatics that havent matured past 12 yrs old

Common Sense
05-12-2017, 03:46 PM
Was the Tea Party not resistance? Was the 8 years of screaming communism/mulsim/ America hating lib lib lib from your home offices not resistance?

It seemed to work out well for the right...or whatever you call Trump supporters.

Personally I think some on the left are making fools of themselves and only further alienating the right...but it's hard to blame them when a joke is elected president.

Doublejack
05-12-2017, 04:27 PM
No matter what the approval rating Trump is President hes slowing illegal immigration by a big margin over writing obamas exec orders and generally ruining the lives of millions of left wing lunatics that havent matured past 12 yrs old

Too bad your grammar hasn't matured above a 12 year old level.

At least your ignorance and hatred are clearly visible!

NapRover
05-12-2017, 04:48 PM

I don't think Trump's a joke. I doubt his Cabinet does either.
He's got a low approval rating, even from inside his base.
No wall, caved to the left on budget, renamed (not replaced) Obamacare.
He's going to improve though, trade deals, jobs, immigration improved, military upright, terrorists blown up.

He's doing ok as far as I'm concerned.

Common
05-12-2017, 04:51 PM
Was the Tea Party not resistance? Was the 8 years of screaming communism/mulsim/ America hating lib lib lib from your home offices not resistance?

It seemed to work out well for the right...or whatever you call Trump supporters.

Personally I think some on the left are making fools of themselves and only further alienating the right...but it's hard to blame them when a joke is elected president.
Did the tea party riot and rage and stage disruptive demonstrations all over the country? NO
Did the teaparty have the entire mainstream media covering for them? NO and it goes on from there, there is nothing on the right that remotely ever was as ridiculous as this.

However, I love it and I want the left to never stop. Keep on raging suckas

Chris
05-12-2017, 04:57 PM
The Tea party was resistance to establishment Reps, despite the BS the liberal media told you.

"lib lib lib" was Mac, he was establishment Republican.

A joke was elected because the other option was worse.

resister
05-12-2017, 05:36 PM
No matter what the approval rating Trump is President hes slowing illegal immigration by a big margin over writing obamas exec orders and generally ruining the lives of millions of left wing lunatics that havent matured past 12 yrs oldAnd THAT has made all the difference, I took a right turn!