PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!! I have a question.

GrassrootsConservative
11-05-2012, 09:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZHMsivjr04

Revenge against who? I must know. My mind keeps turning over and over to try and figure it out; the only thing I keep coming back to is 'white people.' I can't think of anyone else he would be referring to. Mitt Romney? No... Mitt Romney hasn't done anything. He hasn't been president for the last 4 years. If anyone can give me a legitimate answer to this question ("Revenge against who?"), it would be greatly appreciated.

Serious answers only please.

KC
11-05-2012, 09:35 PM
I would recommend looking for the video in its original context.

Trinnity
11-05-2012, 09:40 PM
Revenge for daring to oppose The ONE.

GrassrootsConservative
11-05-2012, 09:45 PM

I have been. I can't find it. Just comparisons of that video to Mitt Romney talking about love of country.
Can some Democrat please answer me? I want a simple answer as to who this man is talking about. Anyone?

Deadwood
11-05-2012, 09:55 PM

Ahem...

That's like trying to put his "enemies" comment in "context"

He used the word revenge.

I will leave the argument about "white" people to those so inclined, but there is NO disputing the fact this is the most divisive president in modern history.

"Revenge"? Voting as revenge?

C'mon, there's no fucking defense of that. How the fuck does he think he is ever going to work with people on the other side of the aisle?

First its HIS "enemies" and now its revenge.

This is one sick motherfucker.

GrassrootsConservative
11-05-2012, 10:18 PM
FAL, do you know who he is talking about? I understand completely that the rhetoric is awful, but who's his target? Is this man (who has made racially-charged statements many times before) telling his supporters to vote for revenge on whites? I can't figure out who else he would be talking about, and it's really starting to take over my brain.

WalterSobchak
11-05-2012, 10:26 PM
FAL, do you know who he is talking about? I understand completely that the rhetoric is awful, but who's his target? Is this man (who has made racially-charged statements many times before) telling his supporters to vote for revenge on whites? I can't figure out who else he would be talking about, and it's really starting to take over my brain.

You really believe that horseshit you said? While he is standing in front a crowd with MANY white people? Good god I can't wait for the elections to be over. I grow tired of the dumb ass rhetoric.

GrassrootsConservative
11-05-2012, 10:29 PM
You really believe that horseshit you said? While he is standing in front a crowd with MANY white people? Good god I can't wait for the elections to be over. I grow tired of the dumb ass rhetoric.

I grow tired of it too. Can you please tell me who he's talking about? That's all I want to know.

Calypso Jones
11-05-2012, 10:34 PM
GRC. You have a good point. And the fact that the left doesn't want to answer this question is very telling in my opinion. I was thinking same as Trin. Revenge from a perfectly self centered standpoint, seeing as they have his back, against the man who has the nerve to run against the one. But you bring up a good point. Revenge against whites? I think that is a possibility for those whites in the video don't think of themselves as white or at least don't see his remarks as an assault against their race because they think they have risen above race. That's how they can hypocritically vote for the man because of his color.

What about revenge against just plain conservatives? and christians, and pro-life americans. He leaves it conveniently vague i think so that his supporters can assign any meaning to it they choose and he can claim plausible deniability if it turns and bites him in the butt.

WalterSobchak
11-05-2012, 10:36 PM
I grow tired of it too. Can you please tell me who he's talking about? That's all I want to know.

No, I can't tell you, because I don't care. You see, I made up my mind already and I early voted for him last week. I simply don't give a rats ass what Obama and Romney have to say. Period.

KC
11-05-2012, 10:37 PM
Ahem...

That's like trying to put his "enemies" comment in "context"

He used the word revenge.

I will leave the argument about "white" people to those so inclined, but there is NO disputing the fact this is the most divisive president in modern history.

"Revenge"? Voting as revenge?

C'mon, there's no fucking defense of that. How the fuck does he think he is ever going to work with people on the other side of the aisle?

First its HIS "enemies" and now its revenge.

This is one sick motherfucker.

Well, sound bites can only tell us so much. We heard a pretty damning sound bite, but I'd like to hear more of the speech before I draw conclusions.

I think GRC does as well, which is the reason for this thread.

GrassrootsConservative
11-05-2012, 10:39 PM
No, I can't tell you, because I don't care. You see, I made up my mind already and I early voted for him last week. I simply don't give a rats ass what Obama and Romney have to say. Period.

Ok, well thanks for posting off-topic bullshit in my thread, nitwit. Next time you make a thread I'll be sure to fill it with a bunch of retarded, irrelevant nonsense nobody cares about.

WalterSobchak
11-05-2012, 10:41 PM
Ok, well thanks for posting off-topic bullshit in my thread, nitwit. Next time you make a thread I'll be sure to fill it with a bunch of retarded, irrelevant nonsense nobody cares about.

You already do with your annoying ass threads on these forums. But by all means, carry on.

GrassrootsConservative
11-05-2012, 10:44 PM
You already do with your annoying ass threads on these forums. But by all means, carry on.

Yeah, and your Karma + your thanks per post already tells me what people think of you. I could care less what you think of me, and I will carry on. I'm trying to figure something out here, and no amount of your spammy incompetence will keep me from getting an answer.

Canadianeye
11-05-2012, 10:45 PM
This seems to be getting close. Brandenburg v. Ohio

http://www.casebriefs.com/blog/law/constitutional-law/constitutional-law-keyed-to-stone/freedom-of-expression/brandenburg-v-ohio-2/

<snippet>

Facts. The Ohio Criminal Syndicalism Act (the “Act”) made it illegal to advocate “crime, sabotage, violence or . . . terrorism as a means of accomplishing industrial or political reform.” It also prohibited “assembling with any society, group, or assemblage or persons formed to teach or advocate the doctrines of criminal syndicalism. The Defendant, a leader in the Ku Klux Klan, made a speech promoting the taking of revenge against the government if it did not stop suppressing the white race and was therefore convicted under the Act.

GrassrootsConservative
11-05-2012, 10:45 PM

:) Thanks for understanding.

WalterSobchak
11-05-2012, 10:46 PM
Yeah, and your Karma + your thanks per post already tells me what people think of you. I could care less what you think of me, and I will carry on. I'm trying to figure something out here, and no amount of your spammy incompetence will keep me from getting an answer.

I don't live on this forum kid. Do yourself a favor and get a life. Mmmmkay?

GrassrootsConservative
11-05-2012, 10:48 PM

If you don't have something pertaining to the thread, please stop harassing me. Do yourself that favor. Mmmmkay? I'm trying to get some answers here.

WalterSobchak
11-05-2012, 10:49 PM
If you don't have something pertaining to the thread, please stop harassing me. Do yourself that favor. Mmmmkay? I'm trying to get some answers here.

Have you tried google? It's actually quite user friendly. I believe someone like you should be able to figure it out.

KC
11-05-2012, 10:50 PM

http://www.gozejitsu.com/storage/look-a-likes/Mr Mackey.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=130876025691 0

WalterSobchak
11-05-2012, 10:51 PM
Here you go GRC. First hit on Google.

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/03/14905877-obama-aide-explains-voting-is-best-revenge-comment?lite

“The message he was sending,” she said, answering a question about it while traveling to Mentor, Ohio, with reporters on Air Force One, “is if you don’t like the policies, if you don’t like the plan that Gov. Romney is putting forward, if you think that’s a bad deal for the middle class, then you can go to the voting booth and cast your ballot. It’s nothing more complicated than that.”

Took 20 seconds.

Does that answer your question GRC?

WalterSobchak
11-05-2012, 10:52 PM
http://www.gozejitsu.com/storage/look-a-likes/Mr Mackey.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=130876025691 0

Drugs are bad, mmmmmkay?

GrassrootsConservative
11-05-2012, 10:53 PM
Have you tried google? It's actually quite user friendly. I believe someone like you should be able to figure it out.

http://finance.townhall.com/columnists/larrykudlow/2012/11/05/romneys_optimism_will_win

All I got was this. A guy like me (intelligent, conservative) asking the same questions I am.

“Voting is the best revenge,” Obama infamously said this past weekend. What did he mean by that? F. Scott Fitzgerald’s line was, “Living well is the best revenge.” But with President Obama, what exactly is this revenge? Revenge against whom? Against what?

Is it revenge against his failure to grow the government even larger? Is it revenge because he wants more than 50 percent of American households to be government dependent? Is it revenge because his big-spending fiscal policies haven’t worked?

I've tried googling it. Trust me. I'm very internet-savvy, but this isn't something I can find an answer to.
Why don't you leave my thread alone, you're really starting to frustrate me and you're not bringing anything intellectual to the table.

Thanks for trying.

roadmaster
11-05-2012, 10:54 PM
Revenge is not a good word to say about anything. People should not seek revenge only justice.

WalterSobchak
11-05-2012, 10:55 PM
http://finance.townhall.com/columnists/larrykudlow/2012/11/05/romneys_optimism_will_win

All I got was this. A guy like me (intelligent, conservative) asking the same questions I am.

I've tried googling it. Trust me. I'm very internet-savvy, but this isn't something I can find an answer to.
Why don't you leave my thread alone, you're really starting to frustrate me and you're not bringing anything intellectual to the table.

Thanks for trying.

You will find your answer in post 22.

WalterSobchak
11-05-2012, 10:56 PM
Revenge is not a good word to say about anything. People should not seek revenge only justice.

Exactly. Stupid thing to say. Nothing more.

GrassrootsConservative
11-05-2012, 10:56 PM

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/03/14905877-obama-aide-explains-voting-is-best-revenge-comment?lite

Took 20 seconds.

No, it doesn't. That's an excuse. I'm not looking for an excuse, I'm not looking for "what he meant."
I'm looking for WHO he was talking about. What person or group of people he was talking about.

GrassrootsConservative
11-05-2012, 10:57 PM

Post 22 is you saying that drugs are bad. Post 21 is a quote from an excuse. I'm not looking for any goddamn excuses, I'm looking for WHO.

KC
11-05-2012, 10:57 PM

Walter, I think what he's trying to say is "The Dude Abides."

WalterSobchak
11-05-2012, 10:58 PM
No, it doesn't. That's an excuse. I'm not looking for an excuse, I'm not looking for "what he meant."
I'm looking for WHO he was talking about. What person or group of people he was talking about.

OK. Well enjoy your hunt. But something tells me you really won't give a shit after tomorrow evening. Watch.

GrassrootsConservative
11-05-2012, 10:59 PM
“The message he was sending,” she said, answering a question about it while traveling to Mentor, Ohio, with reporters on Air Force One, “is if you don’t like the policies, if you don’t like the plan that Gov. Romney is putting forward, if you think that’s a bad deal for the middle class, then you can go to the voting booth and cast your ballot. It’s nothing more complicated than that.”

That's an excuse. That doesn't answer the question I was asking. He used the word revenge (A word that provokes a GREAT DEAL of emotion in anyone) for a reason, and I want to know who he thinks he is striking revenge upon.

WalterSobchak
11-05-2012, 11:00 PM
Walter, I think what he's trying to say is "The Dude Abides."

LOL. Not likely! But The Dude does indeed abide.

Deadwood
11-05-2012, 11:07 PM

It is clear to me who he is talking about. He mentioned Mitt Romney and the crowd booed. And he interrupted and said "don't boo, vote." The mentioned revenge. The correct assumption to draw there is he is referencing Romney.

I would say it is a stretch to say he is targeting whites.

The right goes ape shit when the left plays the race card, correctly so. So it is wrong to do so in reverse. That is what's fueling the racial tension as both sides are reacting to stimuli that simply isn't there. I and the rest who oppose Obama do not oppose him because of his skin color, but because he is an enormous failure.

Having said that, his choice of the word "revenge" was beyond bad taste and proves his attitude of his way or nothing. And that's what has gotten the country into the mess it is in.

He is divisive because he is an egomaniac sociopath, not because he is a racist.

There, you asked. Answered

GrassrootsConservative
11-05-2012, 11:12 PM
I'm not trying to fuel the "race war" if you will call it that, I'm just trying to decide if that's what he meant or not. I guess he could be talking about Romney, if Romney had done anything that needs revenge. Romney hasn't done anything to America, he was never president. That's like in 2008 if McCain had said vote for revenge on Obama, people would be scratching their heads wondering what the batshit bald man was saying.

Why would Obama use that word on someone who hasn't done anything wrong to the American people?

Deadwood
11-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Well, sound bites can only tell us so much. We heard a pretty damning sound bite, but I'd like to hear more of the speech before I draw conclusions.

Sound bites tell us everything. Obama is a master at the 15 second sound bite, one of the best I have ever seen in fact and I spent 25 years chasing sound bites in radio and television. All politicians live and die on them. He knew EXACTLY what he was saying and who he was saying it to. His intent was to stir enough emotion in the listener to anger them enough to get them to the polls.

It needs no more analysis than that. At this point in the campaign Obama has one, just one objective and that is to get his support to the voting booth...period, paragraph. It ain't rocket science at this point.

And again, no I seriously doubt he had any racist intent.

But it was among many war stance, divisive, and antagonistic statements he has made

Deadwood
11-05-2012, 11:16 PM
I'm not trying to fuel the "race war" if you will call it that, I'm just trying to decide if that's what he meant or not. I guess he could be talking about Romney, if Romney had done anything that needs revenge. Romney hasn't done anything to America, he was never president. That's like in 2008 if McCain had said vote for revenge on Obama, people would be scratching their heads wondering what the batshit bald man was saying.

Why would Obama use that word on someone who hasn't done anything bad?

It doesn't matter whether Romney has done anything deserving of revenge. Politics is not what is, but what you can make it appear to be. Negative ads are designed to generate emotion, often hate. The objective is no deeper than the crass, gutter slime orientation of demonizing your opponent enough that you motivate them.

Think professional wrestling -- non scripted.

GrassrootsConservative
11-05-2012, 11:17 PM
I see. So he was just using that word to evoke emotions, exactly like I said it did? I guess that makes sense.
Thanks FAL, if I had known you had the answer I would have just messaged you about it.

Deadwood
11-05-2012, 11:19 PM
LOL. Not likely! But The Dude does indeed abide.

Walter, I am The Dude and I do abide.....

Deadwood
11-05-2012, 11:21 PM
I see. So he was just using that word to evoke emotions, exactly like I said it did? I guess that makes sense.
Thanks FAL, if I had known you had the answer I would have just messaged you about it.

Exactly. But not with any racial intent. Look, he might be a lot of things be he ain't stupid. He's not about to walk into flying shit tonmight OK.

I see both you and Walter thanked me on a post [thank you] and so you agree on one thing. So, n ow have a big hug, sing a few bars of kumbaya and find something else to square off on..

Canadianeye
11-05-2012, 11:36 PM

Took 20 seconds.

Here is the "excuse", ummm, complete excuse. Inclusive of why it didn't work, and was basically just a lie to blur the "revenge" statement.

As Obama traveled to northern Ohio Saturday morning, campaign official Jen Psaki was asked about the “revenge” remark. According to a White House pool report, Psaki said Obama had been speaking in the context of Romney’s “scare tactics” in Ohio. The Republican is “frightening workers in Ohio into thinking, falsely, that they’re not going to have a job,” Psaki said, according to the pool report. “And the message [Obama] was sending is if you don’t like the policies, if you don’t like the plan that Gov. Romney is putting forward, if you think that’s a bad deal for the middle class, then you can go to the voting booth and cast your ballot. It’s nothing more complicated than that.”

The problem is, the president was actually not speaking in the context of Romney’s highly-controversial ads about bailed-out Chrysler adding production of Jeeps in China. In fact, Obama had not said a word about the Jeep controversy when he said “revenge.” His speech had touched on Hurricane Sandy, on the progress the American economy has made in the last few years, on his national security accomplishments, on the choice Americans will make on November 6, on Bill Clinton’s record — on a lot of things, but not on Jeep.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/obama-campaign-struggles-to-explain-revenge-remark/article/2512500

Full text of speech.

GrassrootsConservative
11-05-2012, 11:38 PM
Here is the "excuse", ummm, complete excuse. Inclusive of why it didn't work, and was basically just a lie to blur the "revenge" statement.

Exactly what I said. Thanks for the transcript. Extremely helpful!!

Kizzume
11-05-2012, 11:44 PM
I see. So he was just using that word to evoke emotions, exactly like I said it did?

Excuse me? Your first post was suggesting that it might be racially motivated and then the rest of your posts were asking people WHO it's targeted against. If it's exactly as you THOUGHT, that'd be one thing, but exactly as you SAID? You never made that claim.

Canadianeye
11-06-2012, 12:04 AM
Excuse me? Your first post was suggesting that it might be racially motivated and then the rest of your posts were asking people WHO it's targeted against. If it's exactly as you THOUGHT, that'd be one thing, but exactly as you SAID? You never made that claim.

I think that is being a bit nitpicky, but meh. The question is the important part, since it's not like there is no precedence. "Punish your enemies" specifically related to Latinos. So, perhaps Mr. Obama was being cagey this time, and making it ambiguous...since he got really clipped last time about the Latino racially inciting statement "Punish your enemies"

GrassrootsConservative
11-06-2012, 12:08 AM

I can't believe this. AGAIN the word "never" is going to get you into trouble.

That's an excuse. That doesn't answer the question I was asking. He used the word revenge (A word that provokes a GREAT DEAL of emotion in anyone) for a reason, and I want to know who he thinks he is striking revenge upon.

It's as I said, you just misunderstood my post. You need to quit harassing me.

peoshi
11-06-2012, 01:17 AM
No, I can't tell you, because I don't care. You see, I made up my mind already and I early voted for him last week. I simply don't give a rats ass what Obama and Romney have to say. Period.Why do you even bother voting then,Walter? I can understand if you support a third party candidate, but either Romney or Obama is going to be president and you don't even care what they say?

You've just admitted that you don't know shit about the candidates and don't care to, if that's true then why are you even here? Why participate in threads where your candidate is not even mentioned?

If you don't care then why are you defending Obama? If you're not defending Obama then why are you attacking GRC for criticizing him?:huh:

Carygrant
11-06-2012, 02:16 AM
[QUOTE=GrassrootsConservative;177716]
Revenge against who? I must know. My mind keeps turning over and over to try and figure it out; the only thing I keep coming back to is 'white people.' I can't think of anyone else he would be referring to. Mitt Romney? No... Mitt Romney hasn't done anything. He hasn't been president for the last 4 years. If anyone can give me a legitimate answer to this question ("Revenge against who?"), it would be greatly appreciated.QUOTE

He is obliquely pointing the finger at the sort of Hilly Billy mind set that those like you choose to stain your country with . On the other hand ,
" Let's get America to look outward and actually listen and learn . Let's get rid of this rubbish that the value of four American people's lives is somehow more important than the swathe of innocent people slaughtered by Americans every year and the billions of poverty ridden people across the planet . Let us be humble and worthy enough to ask God for his blessing "

Kizzume
11-06-2012, 02:25 AM
I can't believe this. AGAIN the word "never" is going to get you into trouble.

It's as I said, you just misunderstood my post. You need to quit harassing me.

I call bullshit when I see it, just like you do. Just because you said that the word *happens* to provoke a great deal of emotion in people is clearly NOT the same thing as saying:

"I see. So he was just using that word to evoke emotions, exactly like I said it did?"

You can clearly understand why I would think what I thought, and still think. I think you were trying to congratulate yourself like you did in that thread where you tried to use Alex Jones as proof of a conspiracy theory and then declared yourself the winner. You can understand why I'd think something like that about you, at least I'd hope you could understand.

GrassrootsConservative
11-06-2012, 03:06 AM
I call bullshit when I see it, just like you do. Just because you said that the word *happens* to provoke a great deal of emotion in people is clearly NOT the same thing as saying:

"I see. So he was just using that word to evoke emotions, exactly like I said it did?"

You can clearly understand why I would think what I thought, and still think. I think you were trying to congratulate yourself like you did in that thread where you tried to use Alex Jones as proof of a conspiracy theory and then declared yourself the winner. You can understand why I'd think something like that about you, at least I'd hope you could understand.

Now you're creating a distraction. You said I 'never' made that claim when I had. That's the issue I have. You called me a liar when you hadn't read every post in the thread, just made the assumption that I 'never' made that claim.

Stop trying to pick out posts of mine to attack me with, just because you're upset about something from the past doesn't mean you have to hold a grudge.

Carygrant
11-06-2012, 04:00 AM
[QUOTE=GrassrootsConservative;177817

You need to quit harassing me.[/QUOTE]

Complete Hypocrisy .
Shall I show them the full details of your pathetic attempts to harass along with those of Fear and Loathing ?
The ultimate in being a Baby .

Calypso Jones
11-06-2012, 09:01 AM
[QUOTE=GrassrootsConservative;177716]
Revenge against who? I must know. My mind keeps turning over and over to try and figure it out; the only thing I keep coming back to is 'white people.' I can't think of anyone else he would be referring to. Mitt Romney? No... Mitt Romney hasn't done anything. He hasn't been president for the last 4 years. If anyone can give me a legitimate answer to this question ("Revenge against who?"), it would be greatly appreciated.QUOTE

He is obliquely pointing the finger at the sort of Hilly Billy mind set that those like you choose to stain your country with . On the other hand ,
" Let's get America to look outward and actually listen and learn . Let's get rid of this rubbish that the value of four American people's lives is somehow more important than the swathe of innocent people slaughtered by Americans every year and the billions of poverty ridden people across the planet . Let us be humble and worthy enough to ask God for his blessing "

We in America are all hillbillies you jackass. And proud of it. What are you gonna do about it but bellyache.

IGetItAlready
11-06-2012, 10:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZHMsivjr04

Revenge against who? I must know. My mind keeps turning over and over to try and figure it out; the only thing I keep coming back to is 'white people.' I can't think of anyone else he would be referring to. Mitt Romney? No... Mitt Romney hasn't done anything. He hasn't been president for the last 4 years. If anyone can give me a legitimate answer to this question ("Revenge against who?"), it would be greatly appreciated.

Serious answers only please.

Just Obama talking down to his supporters on a level he's sure even they will understand.

WalterSobchak
11-06-2012, 11:02 AM
Why do you even bother voting then,Walter? I can understand if you support a third party candidate, but either Romney or Obama is going to be president and you don't even care what they say?

Because it's my right. Is there a problem with that?

You've just admitted that you don't know shit about the candidates and don't care to, if that's true then why are you even here? Why participate in threads where your candidate is not even mentioned?

I know enough about Obama and Romney to not give ANY of those 2 my vote. Again, it's my right to vote for who I please. Is there a problem with that?

If you don't care then why are you defending Obama? If you're not defending Obama then why are you attacking GRC for criticizing him?:huh:

I'm not defending Obama. Again, if I don't agree with you radical Obama haters on EVERYTHING, I MUST be an Obama supporter. :rollseyes: I'm criticizing GRC for his stupid ass remark that he believes Obama wants revenge against white people. ANYONE who believes that shit needs to get their fucking head examined. Savvy?

Canadianeye
11-06-2012, 11:04 AM
I think that is being a bit nitpicky, but meh. The question is the important part, since it's not like there is no precedence. "Punish your enemies" specifically related to Latinos. So, perhaps Mr. Obama was being cagey this time, and making it ambiguous...since he got really clipped last time about the Latino racially inciting statement "Punish your enemies"

I love the sound of crickets in the morning. :wink:

peoshi
11-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Because it's my right. Is there a problem with that?

I know enough about Obama and Romney to not give ANY of those 2 my vote. Again, it's my right to vote for who I please. Is there a problem with that?

I'm not defending Obama. Again, if I don't agree with you radical Obama haters on EVERYTHING, I MUST be an Obama supporter. :rollseyes: I'm criticizing GRC for his stupid ass remark that he believes Obama wants revenge against white people. ANYONE who believes that shit needs to get their fucking head examined. Savvy?

So in another words,your just here to troll...gotcha!:rollseyes:

KC
11-06-2012, 01:19 PM

Trolling is posting with the intent of pissing people off. Walter was calling him out. There's a difference.

peoshi
11-06-2012, 01:25 PM
Trolling is posting with the intent of pissing people off. Walter was calling him out. There's a difference.

And apparently you don't know what it is! What is he calling him out for,his opinion?

You don't think calling the OP's question horseshit(without even attempting to answer) was intended to piss them off?:laugh:

KC
11-06-2012, 01:27 PM
And apparently you don't know what it is...you don't think calling OP's question horseshit(without even attempting to answer) was intended to piss them off?:laugh:

Nope. Especially considering how many threads the OP has dismissed as horseshit. Calling someone out is perfectly fine, and tension will rise on a political forum, but that isn't trolling.

WalterSobchak
11-06-2012, 01:32 PM

So in other words, you do not care to take me to task on ANYTHING I said to you in my previous post. Instead you resort to personal attacks. And you call me the troll?

GrassrootsConservative
11-06-2012, 01:34 PM
So in other words, you do not care to take me to task on ANYTHING I said to you in my previous post. Instead you resort to personal attacks. And you call me the troll?

Stop filling my thread with trash, fuckwit.

WalterSobchak
11-06-2012, 01:35 PM

And this particular OP ALWAYS has a problem with other people's posts if they do not tow his hate everything liberal line.

And apparently you don't know what it is! What is he calling him out for,his opinion?

You don't think calling the OP's question horseshit(without even attempting to answer) was intended to piss them off?:laugh:

I already told you what I called the OP out on. Jesus dude, take off the partisan blinders and read everything with an open mind.

Nope. Especially considering how many threads the OP has dismissed as horseshit. Calling someone out is perfectly fine, and tension will rise on a political forum, but that isn't trolling.

Exactly.

peoshi
11-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Nope. Especially considering how many threads the OP has dismissed as horseshit. Calling someone out is perfectly fine, and tension will rise on a political forum, but that isn't trolling.And you would be wrong, Walter posted that just to piss the OP off...I did not see any argument other than the OP's question was horseshit and dumb...did you?

Why don't you answer the question,kath...Obama wants you to vote for revenge, revenge against who?:huh:

WalterSobchak
11-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Stop filling my thread with trash, fuckwit.

You see peoshi, the following post I quoted is an example of a troll post. Savvy?

GrassrootsConservative
11-06-2012, 01:38 PM
And this particular OP ALWAYS has a problem with other people's posts if they do not tow his hate everything liberal line.

I already told you what I called the OP out on. Jesus dude, take off the partisan blinders and read everything with an open mind.

Exactly.

I have a problem with people like you, Kizzume, and Carygrant who follow me around and troll everywhere I go. I made this thread to ask a question, and you came in and didn't even read, you just posted some bullshit that doesn't even matter.

GrassrootsConservative
11-06-2012, 01:39 PM

Please tell me how this is answering the question I posted in my OP, please tell me how this is relevant to the thread at all.

WalterSobchak
11-06-2012, 01:42 PM
I have a problem with people like you, Kizzume, and Carygrant who follow me around and troll everywhere I go. I made this thread to ask a question, and you came in and didn't even read, you just posted some bullshit that doesn't even matter.

Holy shit do you think highly of yourself DB. Let me help you here a little bit. I can give a rats ass about you or the threads you create. But I will take anyone to task on stupid shit they say. Savvy?

KC
11-06-2012, 01:43 PM
And you would be wrong, Walter posted that just to piss the OP off...I did not see any argument other than the OP's question was horseshit and dumb...did you?

Why don't you answer the question,kath...Obama wants you to vote for revenge, revenge against who?:huh:

I don't know, do you?

To me it seems that it's against Mitt Romney, but that leaves the question GRC already asked in the OP. Revenge for what? For supporting policies that threaten the President's supporters?

Like FAL said, this statement on the President's part was certainly meant to provoke an emotional response.

WalterSobchak
11-06-2012, 01:43 PM
Please tell me how this is answering the question I posted in my OP, please tell me how this is relevant to the thread at all.

Quit the bullshit DB. You can care less about having an answer to your question. As I can care less. You just tried to create another hate everything Obama circle jerk you so love to do.

peoshi
11-06-2012, 01:44 PM
You see peoshi, the following post I quoted is an example of a troll post. Savvy?I agree, but it was in response to your troll post, questioning a man who you claim to not even care what he says.

If you truly don't care then why even respond,Walter? ​I know...because its your right!:rollseyes:

WalterSobchak
11-06-2012, 01:46 PM
I agree, but it was in response to your troll post, questioning a man who you claim to not even care what he says.

If you truly don't care then why even respond,Walter? ​I know...because its your right!:rollseyes:

Holy shit dude. Are you blind, deaf or dumb? I already told you why I questioned the OP. He said he believed that Obama wants to get revenge on White People.

Would you like me to say it again so that it may sink in this time?

GrassrootsConservative
11-06-2012, 01:46 PM
Quit the bullshit DB. You can care less about having an answer to your question. As I can care less. You just tried to create another hate everything Obama circle jerk you so love to do.

Well, you're obviously so delusional you think you know what I'm thinking. I'm not going to waste my time trying to have an intelligent discussion with a crazy kook who thinks he knows what I'm thinking. Sorry. Ignored.

WalterSobchak
11-06-2012, 01:47 PM
Well, you're obviously so delusional you think you know what I'm thinking. I'm not going to waste my time trying to have an intelligent discussion with a crazy kook who thinks he knows what I'm thinking. Sorry. Ignored.

Good riddance. Ignore me coward.

peoshi
11-06-2012, 01:48 PM
I don't know, do you?

To me it seems that it's against Mitt Romney, but that leaves the question GRC already asked in the OP. Revenge for what? For supporting policies that threaten the President's supporters?

Like FAL said, this statement on the President's part was certainly meant to provoke an emotional response.

No I don't...but then again I didn't come into this thread claiming something I don't know about someone I supposedly don't care about is horseshit, either.

peoshi
11-06-2012, 01:52 PM
Holy shit dude. Are you blind, deaf or dumb? I already told you why I questioned the OP. He said he believed that Obama wants to get revenge on White People.

Would you like me to say it again so that it may sink in this time?Which is his opinion!

Holy shit dude...you said you didn't care what they said,remember? So which is it?

You have black panthers at polling stations(again)...do you think they are there to intimidate other blacks?

KC
11-06-2012, 01:59 PM
No I don't...but then again I didn't come into this thread claiming something I don't know about someone I supposedly don't care about is horseshit, either.

Walter clearly thinks that GRC's question about the racial aspect of Obama's statement is "horseshit". If you saw someone say something you though was Horseshit, wouldn't you also call them out on it?

WalterSobchak
11-06-2012, 02:01 PM
Which is his opinion!

Holy shit dude...you said you didn't care what they said,remember? So which is it?

You have black panthers at polling stations(again)...do you think they are there to intimidate other blacks?

I don't care about the NBPP being at a polling station. As long as they are not violating any laws, why would anyone care?

GrassrootsConservative
11-06-2012, 02:02 PM
Walter clearly thinks that GRC's question about the racial aspect of Obama's statement is "horseshit". If you saw someone say something you though was Horseshit, wouldn't you also call them out on it?

THERE'S NOTHING HORSESHIT ABOUT IT. OBAMA IS A FUCKING RACIST!!
God. I've shown this so many times before. Watch the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI77cU3jsFs

WalterSobchak
11-06-2012, 02:04 PM

If I show a youtube video of Romney being Satan's son.......would you believe it?

KC
11-06-2012, 02:06 PM

I'm not the one who thinks it's horseshit.

I've watched that video though, and I don't think President Obama is racist. The President was open about his prejudices against whites, but prejudice is a fact among human beings, far from being a declaration that there are inherent differences between races that makes one or more superior and other inferior.

peoshi
11-06-2012, 02:13 PM
Walter clearly thinks that GRC's question about the racial aspect of Obama's statement is "horseshit". If you saw someone say something you though was Horseshit, wouldn't you also call them out on it? No I wouldn't if I really didn't "give a rats ass" about the person they said it about!

Have you noticed the blatant racism in "Dreams from my father"?

Notice the black hate group outside the philadelphia polling station.

Dems attack a white person for wearing an MIT shirt outside a polling station while they are painting a mural of Obama behind the voting booth!

Whether you two want to face it or not...Obama does not like whites, read his book and see for yourself!

peoshi
11-06-2012, 02:17 PM
I don't care about the NBPP being at a polling station. As long as they are not violating any laws, why would anyone care?

So if the KKK in full dress was standing outside a voting booth used by all races you wouldn't care?

Why would anyone care about GRC's opinion of Obama?

KC
11-06-2012, 02:18 PM
No I wouldn't if I really didn't "give a rats ass" about the person they said it about!

They attack a white person for wearing an MIT shirt while they are painting a mural of Obama behind the voting booth!

Whether you two want to face it or not...Obama does not like whites, read his book and see for yourself!

Is "not liking whites" the same as racism? Did Barry dislike all whites, including the ones in his own family? What does this "black hate group" have to do with the claim that Barack Obama seems to think that racial differences produce inherent inferiority or superiority of a particular race?

I think we're all confusing racism and prejudice.

WalterSobchak
11-06-2012, 02:18 PM
No I wouldn't if I really didn't "give a rats ass" about the person they said it about!

They attack a white person for wearing an MIT shirt while they are painting a mural of Obama behind the voting booth!

That's yours and GRC's opinion. And you are free to believe that. But I disagree.

Canadianeye
11-06-2012, 02:25 PM
This is so much hypocrisy. The left cites unfounded racist accusations, frankly, beyond measure....and literally for half a century.

Obama spews out racist inciting remarks, and it is just simple, garden variety prejudice.

It is bizarre to watch a valid query about the intent and meaning of the revenge remark (because there is such a mountain of racial inciting and past personal histories of this man that speaks volumes)...producing an attempt to smear and sully the query, with even less skill than the dunderheads of Mr. Obamas admin trying to camoflage the statement with lies.

Bizarre.

peoshi
11-06-2012, 02:25 PM
Is "not liking whites" the same as racism? Did Barry dislike all whites, including the ones in his own family? What does this "black hate group" have to do with the claim that Barack Obama seems to think that racial differences produce inherent inferiority or superiority of a particular race?

Do you really want a president that is prejudiced against any race?

Ask yourself how he is supposed to bring the races together if he is prejudiced against one?

KC
11-06-2012, 02:29 PM
Do you really want a president that is prejudiced against any race?

Ask yourself how he is supposed to bring the races together if he is prejudiced against one?

I don't think it is possible to be 100% free of prejudice. That being said, I could never support Barack Obama or Mitt Romney. Just because I don't think the man is racist doesn't mean I think he is or will ever be a good president.

My vote today went to the only candidate on the ballot in Wisconsin whose views are compatible with mine, Gary Johnson.

peoshi
11-06-2012, 02:32 PM
prej·u·dice   [prej-uh-dis] Show IPA noun, verb,prej·u·diced, prej·u·dic·ing.noun1.an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/reason).

I guess calling it "prejudice" makes it ok!:rollseyes:

KC
11-06-2012, 02:35 PM
prej·u·dice   [prej-uh-dis] Show IPA noun, verb,prej·u·diced, prej·u·dic·ing.noun1.an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/reason).

I guess calling it "prejudice" makes it ok!:rollseyes:

Don't be silly. It's not ok. That's not my argument either. But I do think humans are very vulnerable to prejudice. It's instinctive.

My argument is that the words of the President from the video do not demonstrate racism but prejudice.

peoshi
11-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Don't be silly. It's not ok. That's not my argument either. But I do think humans are very vulnerable to prejudice. It's instinctive.

My argument is that the words of the President from the video do not demonstrate racism but prejudice.

Prejudice against one particular race is racism,kath...no matter what you call it!

Calypso Jones
11-06-2012, 02:44 PM

the left does not make that distinction when labelling the right with racist.

KC
11-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Prejudice against one particular race is racism,kath...no matter what you call it!

So, you think that our preconceived unfavorable opinions of other races necessarily means that we think some sort of inherent superiority or inferiority of a race exists?

KC
11-06-2012, 02:48 PM
the left does not make that distinction when labelling the right with racist.

Ad Hominem Tu Quoque

Does it matter? We should all strive to be better people regardless of what "the left" or "the right" does. If people who do not make this distinction are wrong, then they are wrong regardless of their political bent.

peoshi
11-06-2012, 02:50 PM
So, you think that our preconceived unfavorable opinions of other races necessarily means that we think some sort of inherent superiority or inferiority of a race exists? He didn't specify,kath...he simply said "whites"!If I say blacks are lazy welfare leeches am I a racist or prejudiced?

From the OP:

"Revenge against who? I must know. My mind keeps turning over and over to try and figure it out; the only thing I keep coming back to is 'white people.'

You and Walter call this "racism"... but what Obama said(which is far worse) is not "racism", but "prejudice"?:huh:

KC
11-06-2012, 02:54 PM
He didn't specify,kath...he simply said "whites"!

If I say blacks are lazy welfare leeches am I a racist or prejudiced?

an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/reason).

unreasonable feelings, opinions, or attitudes, especially of a hostile nature (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/nature), regarding a racial, religious, or national group.

Both of these definitions of prejudice point to the fact that that statement is prejudice. It would be ignorant, for sure, but whether or not you are also racist depends on whether or not you think this way of blacks because you believe there is some inherent difference between blacks and other races because of their racial characteristics.

peoshi
11-06-2012, 03:00 PM
Both of these definitions of prejudice point to the fact that that statement is prejudice. It would be ignorant, for sure, but whether or not you are also racist depends on whether or not you think this way of blacks because you believe there is some inherent difference between blacks and other races because of their racial characteristics.

Then kindly show me where the OP that you have accused of racism said anything about racial characteristics or intellectual superiority?

KC
11-06-2012, 03:02 PM
Then kindly show me where the OP that you have accused of racism said anything about racial characteristics or intellectual superiority?

I don't think I ever accused the OP of racism. If I did, Grassroots, I apologize.

Canadianeye
11-06-2012, 03:04 PM
I'm out. This is pointless. Obama didn't pen about his racism, he was never there for over 20 years when Rev Wright shrieked his racism, it really didn't happen when he called for Latinos to punish their enemies, and nothing of his admitted racist mentors ever sunk in and stuck.

Clearly, we are all just prejudice and should strive to be better people, because that is the issue the OP casually queried, regarding whether it could be a racially motivated statement. Wow...no precedence for him to make that query whatsoever.

peoshi
11-06-2012, 03:11 PM
I don't think I ever accused the OP of racism. If I did, Grassroots, I apologize.

You may not have personally called it racism...but there is no doubt that you have defended Walter for doing so!

It's all good though...everyone is entitled to their opinion!:wink:

KC
11-06-2012, 04:27 PM
You may not have personally called it racism...but there is no doubt that you have defended Walter for doing so!

It's all good though...everyone is entitled to their opinion!:wink:
I defended Walter when you called him a troll if I recall.

peoshi
11-06-2012, 04:36 PM
I defended Walter when you called him a troll if I recall.
Which you claimed was "calling him out" if I recall.

What was he "calling him out" on?

You don't think calling someone a racist for simply asking a question is intended to piss them off?

KC
11-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Which you claimed was "calling him out" if I recall.

What was he "calling him out" on?

You don't think calling someone a racist for simply asking a question is intended to piss them off?

I'm not sure where Walter called GRC a racist. He said that the question of the "revenge" statement being racially charged was a "dumbass" remark, and I believe that's what he was calling him out on.

peoshi
11-06-2012, 04:50 PM
"He said that the question of the "revenge" statement being racially charged was a "dumbass" remark"

Instead of simply stating "I disagree" and explaining why.

But it wasn't intended to piss GRC off...thanks for clearing that up.:rollseyes: