PDA

View Full Version : Obamacare’s crushing costs to some families:

Peter1469
05-13-2017, 04:32 AM
Obamacare’s crushing costs to some families: (http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/11/these-folks-dont-get-obamacare-subsidies-now-and-it-is-really-costing-them.html)
Those who don't qualify for subsidies are raped with no lube. Brutalized.

Obamacare's crushing cost to some families: 49 percent price hike since 2014, premiums of $14,300
Read the article at the link. We should put pro-Obamacare legislators in jail.

DGUtley
05-13-2017, 04:56 AM
This is obviously a lie. The president said our premiums would go down $2500 per family

Peter1469
05-13-2017, 05:00 AM
I stand chastised.

I would be ashamed but Obama is a clown.

FindersKeepers
05-13-2017, 06:41 AM
Form the OP link:

The average deductible for a family plan sold on eHealth is now $8,322.

In 2017, the average premium for a plan covering a family of four is more than $14,300 annually — or $1,195 per month, the company said.

Scott Flanders, CEO of eHealth, said, "Anyone who still needs proof that health insurance costs are out of control should take a look at our 2017 Price Index Report (http://news.ehealthinsurance.com/_ir/68/20174/Health Insurance Price Index Report for the 2017 Open Enrollment Period.pdf)."
"Middle-income Americans who purchase coverage on their own and do not qualify for subsidies under current law are straining under the burden of costs like these," Flanders said.

That's absolutely nuts. Rural communities where most employers hire less than 50 employees are hit the hardest by this. These workers don't receive any employer coverage, so they are forced to pay for their own coverage, and yet, that coverage isn't even usable, due to the outrageous deductibles and co-pays.

What Obamacare effectively did is rape the middle class citizen who does not qualify for subsidies, take his money and offer free coverage for the poor. But, only the poor in states that expanded Medicaid. The rest of the poor got left behind, as did all the middle class who could not afford the premiums. They were penalized on their taxes.

What a failure!

I don't know that I've ever seen such a ridiculous plan. Ever.

DGUtley
05-13-2017, 06:47 AM
What we really have is catastrophic coverage. We pay just about what the quote in FKs post say for each employee's family plan. We have a $2750 per person deductible / $5500 per family. We give the employee the $2750; so, we're out of pocket about $18000 before the insurer pays dime one. I don't have the answer but this isn't working.

Hey, though, I have my pregnancy coverage!!!

Common
05-13-2017, 07:05 AM
There are families that have been priced out of Obamacare. Aetna just raised prices a whopping 25% and they said they arent writing ACA policies after 2017.

Peter1469
05-13-2017, 12:18 PM
What we really have is catastrophic coverage. We pay just about what the quote in FKs post say for each employee's family plan. We have a $2750 per person deductible / $5500 per family. We give the employee the $2750; so, we're out of pocket about $18000 before the insurer pays dime one. I don't have the answer but this isn't working.

Hey, though, I have my pregnancy coverage!!!
On the off chance you get knocked up. :shocked:

NapRover
05-13-2017, 01:52 PM
This is obviously a lie. The president said our premiums would go down $2500 per family
Knowing all the while that is was totally false. But he gets a free pass.

Tahuyaman
05-13-2017, 05:47 PM

Knowing all the while that is was totally false. But he gets a free pass.

You will notice that the usual swarm of left wing Democrat party hacks here will avoid this thread.

Mechanic
05-13-2017, 07:35 PM
Well it seems there is some deal of mis information being posted here. Before I got PPACA coverage I was paying just under $900 a month for my wife and I. Insurance premiums would go up 4% every year and coverage went down. I like my PPACA.

Peter1469
05-14-2017, 02:20 AM
Well it seems there is some deal of mis information being posted here. Before I got PPACA coverage I was paying just under $900 a month for my wife and I. Insurance premiums would go up 4% every year and coverage went down. I like my PPACA.

If you were more productive in society and didn't get the handout, your insurance costs would hurt.

Mechanic
05-14-2017, 02:40 PM
If you were more productive in society and didn't get the handout, your insurance costs would hurt.I am so sorry that you feel I am getting a hand out. Maybe i just live in California and we have an insurance exchange where one can shop for insurance.

NapRover
05-14-2017, 02:56 PM
Why can't we shop insurance like anything else?

Mechanic
05-15-2017, 02:35 PM
Why can't we shop insurance like anything else?In California you can but in most every state that has a republican governor you can't.

Peter1469
05-15-2017, 04:29 PM
California can't manage its finances.

Casper
05-15-2017, 06:09 PM
Obamacare’s crushing costs to some families: (http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/11/these-folks-dont-get-obamacare-subsidies-now-and-it-is-really-costing-them.html)
Those who don't qualify for subsidies are raped with no lube. Brutalized.

Obamacare's crushing cost to some families: 49 percent price hike since 2014, premiums of $14,300

Read the article at the link. We should put pro-Obamacare legislators in jail.
Wait until they see what they get to pay under Trumpcare, almost every family has someone with a pre-existing condition, most will not even be able to swing the cost of bad coverage. Sooner or later this is going to come back to haunt the GOP, not Trump, he will be long gone when the real impact starts hitting people hard. The GOP had the golden opportunity to back up their words about fixing the mess, as is now evident it was just all talk.
Be careful about the jail threat, you might find that to be a double edged sword.

Peter1469
05-15-2017, 08:00 PM
The problem with Obamacare is that it is a wealth redistribution scheme. I don't like that. You should not either.

Wait until they see what they get to pay under Trumpcare, almost every family has someone with a pre-existing condition, most will not even be able to swing the cost of bad coverage. Sooner or later this is going to come back to haunt the GOP, not Trump, he will be long gone when the real impact starts hitting people hard. The GOP had the golden opportunity to back up their words about fixing the mess, as is now evident it was just all talk.
Be careful about the jail threat, you might find that to be a double edged sword.

Casper
05-15-2017, 10:09 PM
The problem with Obamacare is that it is a wealth redistribution scheme. I don't like that. You should not either.
I didn't, nor do I like the shame of a "replacement" being pushed on us now. Cut to the chase and do what needs to be done to resolve the issue, we both know it will be the only fix possible, strange we are the only civilized Nation to have not figured it out, greed can make some blind.