PDA

View Full Version : Looking Like a Liar or a Fool: What It Means to Work for Trump

Crepitus
05-13-2017, 10:17 AM
Looking Like a Liar or a Fool’: What It Means to Work for Trump (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/12/us/politics/trump-sean-spicer-sarah-huckabee-sanders.html?_r=0)

President Trump has never shown any reluctance to sacrifice a surrogate to serve a short-term political need, so he apparently did not think twice this week about exposing a series of staff members to ridicule as he repeatedly shifted his explanation for firing James B. Comey, the F.B.I. director.

He has a long history of this. Makes you wonder why anyone would work for him.

“The most hazardous duty in Washington these days is that of Trump surrogate because the president constantly undercuts the statements of his own people,” said David Axelrod, a communications and messaging adviser to President Barack Obama.“You wind up looking like a liar or a fool, neither of which is particularly attractive.”

Peter1469
05-13-2017, 10:20 AM
Don't work for Trump.

You're welcome.

Crepitus
05-13-2017, 10:37 AM
I wonder if that's why he has been known to impersonate an imaginary staffer?

Common
05-13-2017, 10:58 AM
Crepitus I worked for Trump, I was paid more at his facility then I would have been at any others, thats why I was there. Not many big business' in America treat employees well anymore. As long as there are more workers available than jobs, the working class will get it stuck to them

Crepitus
05-13-2017, 10:59 AM
Crepitus I worked for Trump, I was paid more at his facility then I would have been at any others, thats why I was there. Not many big business' in America treat employees well anymore. As long as there are more workers available than jobs, the working class will get it stuck to them

Doing what if I may ask?

Common
05-13-2017, 12:03 PM
Doing what if I may ask?
Security Supv, I didnt know him personally nor did I ever meet him personally, I saw him a few times

Crepitus
05-13-2017, 12:04 PM
Cool.

Crepitus
05-13-2017, 12:07 PM
Security Supv, I didnt know him personally nor did I ever meet him personally, I saw him a few times

So You never had the pleasure of being thrown under a bus by him then?

Robo
05-13-2017, 12:21 PM
Looking Like a Liar or a Fool’: What It Means to Work for Trump (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/12/us/politics/trump-sean-spicer-sarah-huckabee-sanders.html?_r=0)

He has a long history of this. Makes you wonder why anyone would work for him.

I'm no Trump fan, but I don't care WHY he fired Comey, he just did what Obama should have done when Comey politicized the FBI, allowed the felon Hillary Clinton to skate and took on the roll of prosecutor ignoring the Justice Department's deputy Attorney General who's job it was to establish a Grand Jury to decide the going forward with a Clinton indictment or not.

Trump had it right when he called Comey a "Showboater" & "Grandstander." Trump comes from the same cloth. It takes one to know one!

Crepitus
05-13-2017, 12:49 PM
I'm no Trump fan, but I don't care WHY he fired Comey, he just did what Obama should have done when Comey politicized the FBI, allowed the felon Hillary Clinton to skate and took on the roll of prosecutor ignoring the Justice Department's deputy Attorney General who's job it was to establish a Grand Jury to decide the going forward with a Clinton indictment or not.

Trump had it right when he called Comey a "Showboater" & "Grandstander." Trump comes from the same cloth. It takes one to know one!

I don't have a problem with firing him. As you said it should have been done months ago. But to do it now, with everything else that the FBI is involved in now, particularly the trump/Russian connections, and to mention that 8n the termination letter, looks more than suspicious. It looks down right criminal.

Peter1469
05-13-2017, 12:53 PM

Americans don't care. Much to the dismay of the democrats and the "media", sorry to repeat myself.

Tahuyaman
05-13-2017, 01:14 PM
I don't have a problem with firing him. As you said it should have been done months ago. But to do it now, with everything else that the FBI is involved in now, particularly the trump/Russian connections, and to mention that 8n the termination letter, looks more than suspicious. It looks down right criminal.

You would have had the same problems with it had he fired him at the start of his administration. You are part of that element who will have a problem with anything and everything he does or doesn't do.

Everything to you looks suspicious. The fact that something isn't suspicious is suspicious to you.

Crepitus
05-13-2017, 01:21 PM
You would have had the same problems with it had he fired him at the start of his administration. You are part of that element who will have a problem with anything and everything he does or doesn't do.

Everything to you looks suspicious. The fact that something isn't suspicious is suspicious to you.

You are deliberately turning a blind eye to the things that should be making you suspicious. Had these things happened under a democratic administration you would be in appoplexy.

Tahuyaman
05-13-2017, 02:15 PM
You are deliberately turning a blind eye to the things that should be making you suspicious. Had these things happened under a democratic administration you would be in appoplexy.

I find nothing suspicious about the lack of evidence to support an accusation. What I find suspicious is to continue making the same accusations when no evidence is uncovered to support them.

It's also suspicious that people like you can ignore or flat out deny the evidence which implicates former Obama administration political appointees.

Crepitus
05-13-2017, 02:23 PM
I find nothing suspicious about the lack of evidence to support an accusation. What I find suspicious is to continue making the same accusations when no evidence is uncovered to support them.

It's also suspicious that people like you can ignore or flat out deny the evidence which implicates former Obama administration political appointees.

You are ignoring the evidence. Willful ignorance is unforgivable.

Robo
05-14-2017, 01:46 PM

The only thing suspicious about it was how the President didn't even know where Comey was before he allowed the termination order to go forward and become public. The roll out was inexcusable.

It doesn't take much smarts to understand and realize that the investigation would go forward and likely with even a new zeal since the democrat's propaganda machine has made the timing a federal case out of it. And just think every notable Democrat in the Congress has called for the Comey firing for months. Their hypocrisy is sickening and pathetic.

Robo
05-14-2017, 02:05 PM
The proper procedure that Comey should have followed, would have been to see that all of the evidence the FBI could gather on the Clinton email/classified information case was kept out of the public. He then should have presented that evidence to the Deputy Attorney General, because Loretta Lynch had disqualified herself from receiving the evidence by meeting with Bill Clinton on her airplane. The Deputy Attorney General should have then by her discretion convened a Grand Jury that would determine to indict Hillary Clinton or not.

Comey had no authority to make the evidence public or make a determination to indict Clinton or not. In effect he politicized the investigation and the evidence in the prime time of a Presidential election, then took it upon himself to assume the office of the Attorney General and even bypass a Grand Jury determination of the evidence.

Comey should have been fired by Obama. He should have been fired by Trump.

Crepitus
05-14-2017, 02:12 PM
The only thing suspicious about it was how the President didn't even know where Comey was before he allowed the termination order to go forward and become public. The roll out was inexcusable.

It doesn't take much smarts to understand and realize that the investigation would go forward and likely with even a new zeal since the democrat's propaganda machine has made the timing a federal case out of it. And just think every notable Democrat in the Congress has called for the Comey firing for months. Their hypocrisy is sickening and pathetic.

It seems obvious from the letter that Trump was at least hoping it would not.

Tahuyaman
05-14-2017, 03:39 PM

How does one ignore something which doesn't exist?

Beevee
05-14-2017, 04:15 PM

What does exist, in spades, is the continuing White House incompetence which has to be the fault of the person who appointed the staff. On the other hand, the staff don't know what's going on, because Trump doesn't know what's going on. That's why he changes his opinions every five minutes, because he believes the briefing only as long as it takes to update it.
When push comes to shove, it isn't Trump's fault either, it's the fault of those who elected him into office, many of whom now claim they voted for Gary Johnson.
If that were not another lie, Johnson would now be the president.

Crepitus
05-14-2017, 05:25 PM

LOL. Thank you for making my point.

MisterVeritis
05-14-2017, 08:24 PM
Irony.

Tahuyaman
05-14-2017, 09:57 PM
What does exist, in spades, is the continuing White House incompetence which has to be the fault of the person who appointed the staff. On the other hand, the staff don't know what's going on, because Trump doesn't know what's going on. That's why he changes his opinions every five minutes, because he believes the briefing only as long as it takes to update it.
When push comes to shove, it isn't Trump's fault either, it's the fault of those who elected him into office, many of whom now claim they voted for Gary Johnson.

I know of only two people here who said that the voted for Gary Johnson. Me and one other.

Tahuyaman
05-14-2017, 09:58 PM
LOL. Thank you for making my point.

Enough with the diversions. Tell me how you ignore evidence which doesn't exist.

Robo
05-15-2017, 09:24 AM

If I were a Democrat, (not), I'd blame Trump in the White House on the Democrat Party that stacked the deck for the felon Hillary Clinton's primary win and candidacy. The choice couldn't have been worse. Thereby the blame also belongs to those who voted for her in those primary elections.

Robo
05-15-2017, 09:33 AM
It seems obvious from the letter that Trump was at least hoping it would not.

I'd argue that is only "obvious" to partisan Democrats and some neo-con Republicans.

I have no party alliances and I argue that Trump thoughts, wishes and opinions are ambiguous at best. I find him a person who's only real values are to exhibit his narcissism. He's a "showboat and grandstander" exactly like Comey. He talks and tweets when he'd be better off listening.

Crepitus
05-15-2017, 10:15 AM
I'd argue that is only "obvious" to partisan Democrats and some neo-con Republicans.

I have no party alliances and I argue that Trump thoughts, wishes and opinions are ambiguous at best. I find him a person who's only real values are to exhibit his narcissism. He's a "showboat and grandstander" exactly like Comey. He talks and tweets when he'd be better off listening.

Why include a false statement about Comey telling him he isn't being investigated 3 times in the termination letter if it isn't germane to the situation? Seems pretty obvious to me (and I'm not alone here) that that is what was on his mind. Heck he even admitted it later.

Robo
05-15-2017, 07:18 PM
Why include a false statement about Comey telling him he isn't being investigated 3 times in the termination letter if it isn't germane to the situation? Seems pretty obvious to me (and I'm not alone here) that that is what was on his mind. Heck he even admitted it later.

Donald Trump is a world class narcissists. His most pressing principle is to always make The Donald look good and above reproach. He'll say anything in any sentence, paragraph or conversation to include aggrandizement of himself. That's what his inclusion of not being investigated was all about. Where's your evidence that his statement regarding that is false? It's simply his word to be taken for what it's worth to you and the left and also Trump's supporters. Has Comey denied any part of that Trump claim? Even if he did/does, it will only be his word against Trumps, so it's choose your favorite narcissistic grandstander.

Crepitus
05-15-2017, 07:46 PM
Donald Trump is a world class narcissists. His most pressing principle is to always make The Donald look good and above reproach. He'll say anything in any sentence, paragraph or conversation to include aggrandizement of himself. That's what his inclusion of not being investigated was all about. Where's your evidence that his statement regarding that is false? It's simply his word to be taken for what it's worth to you and the left and also Trump's supporters. Has Comey denied any part of that Trump claim? Even if he did/does, it will only be his word against Trumps, so it's choose your favorite narcissistic grandstander.

Comey did deny it, and trump wondered aloud in a threatening manner about taped discussions.

MisterVeritis
05-15-2017, 07:48 PM
Why would President Trump put a false statement in his firing letter?

Comey usurped powers he was not granted. Comey had to go.

MisterVeritis
05-15-2017, 07:49 PM
Comey did deny it, and trump wondered aloud in a threatening manner about taped discussions.
It will keep Comey honest. Now if we could find a way to keep other liberals honest...perhaps I aim too high.

Captain Obvious
05-15-2017, 07:51 PM
It will keep Comey honest. Now if we could find a way to keep liberals honest...perhaps I aim too high.

Good luck with that

Crepitus
05-15-2017, 07:54 PM

Comey usurped powers he was not granted. Comey had to go.

We know it is a lie because he was and is being investigated. Comey and others have said so many times.

What powers aer those?

Crepitus
05-15-2017, 07:55 PM
It will keep Comey honest. Now if we could find a way to keep liberals honest...perhaps I aim too high.

He needs to give the tapes to congress now.

MisterVeritis
05-15-2017, 07:58 PM
We know it is a lie because he was and is being investigated. Comey and others have said so many times.
Now you have become the liar.

What powers are those?
Comey acted as the attorney general. He fucked up.

MisterVeritis
05-15-2017, 07:58 PM
He needs to give the tapes to congress now.
Assuming they exist the Congress has no right to them. Not now. Not ever.

Crepitus
05-15-2017, 08:01 PM
Now you have become the liar.

Comey acted as the attorney general. He fucked up.

You are not making any sense.

Crepitus
05-15-2017, 08:01 PM
Assuming they exist the Congress has no right to them. Not now. Not ever.

The law disagrees with this, as with most of the nonsense you spew.

del
05-15-2017, 09:14 PM

because he's a liar and a fraud.

i can understand your attraction to him.