PDA

View Full Version : Republicans and Democrats agree: If Trump has tapes, he値l need to turn them over to

Crepitus
05-14-2017, 05:36 PM
Republicans and Democrats agree: If Trump has tapes, he値l need to turn them over to Congress (https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/republicans-and-democrats-agree-if-trump-has-tapes-hell-need-to-turn-them-over-to-congress/2017/05/14/cbfea12a-38b6-11e7-a058-ddbb23c75d82_story.html?utm_term=.8d2123d7410f)

Lawmakers in both parties said Sunday that President Trump will need to hand over any recordings of conversations in the White House if such a taping system does exist.Trump suggested Friday that he taped private White House conversations with then-FBI Director James B. Comey, who was abruptly fired last week, and White House officials have not confirmed or denied the existence of a recording system.

Personally I doubt there are any tapes. My bet is it's just more of the bluster and threats that seem to be tRump's way of communicating.

Read the rest at the link.

Captain Obvious
05-14-2017, 07:12 PM
Yeah... sure

As soon as Rodham coughs up 33k+ missing emails.

Green Arrow
05-14-2017, 07:20 PM
Yeah... sure

If Trump is given a legal order to turn over the tapes, he will be an adult and oblige, regardless of what Clinton does.

Newpublius
05-14-2017, 07:22 PM
Republicans and Democrats agree: If Trump has tapes, he’ll need to turn them over to Congress (https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/republicans-and-democrats-agree-if-trump-has-tapes-hell-need-to-turn-them-over-to-congress/2017/05/14/cbfea12a-38b6-11e7-a058-ddbb23c75d82_story.html?utm_term=.8d2123d7410f)

Personally I doubt there are any tapes. My bet is it's just more of the bluster and threats that seem to be tRump's way of communicating.

Read the rest at the link.

Well his threat regarsing 'tapes' ponderer the potential of Comey having tapes, not Trump.

Crepitus
05-14-2017, 07:24 PM
Well his threat regarsing 'tapes' ponderer the potential of Comey having tapes, not Trump.

Comey went to trump. Unlikely he went wired and any recording equipment at the white house would be under trumps control.

MisterVeritis
05-14-2017, 07:44 PM
Meanwhile, Comey is on notice, to tell the truth.

Green Arrow
05-14-2017, 07:57 PM
Or...this is more of Trump's characteristic lying and bluster and there are no tapes.

Captain Obvious
05-14-2017, 09:45 PM
If Trump is given a legal order to turn over the tapes, he will be an adult and oblige, regardless of what Clinton does.

If he does it would show who has character between the two.

decedent
05-14-2017, 10:03 PM
Yeah... sure

Hillary Clinton gave the State Department the 30,490 work-related emails. Comey said the FBI “found no evidence that any of the additional work-related emails were intentionally deleted in an effort to conceal them in some way.”

Trump is probably lying, but regardless, he'll have to cough up the recordings -- just as Nixon did.

Captain Obvious
05-14-2017, 10:05 PM
Hillary Clinton gave the State Department the 30,490 work-related emails.

And she destroyed more than that.

If Trump did something like this the LW hackosphere would launch into orbit.

This is why nobody takes you seriously btw, your homerism is over the top.

decedent
05-14-2017, 10:08 PM
And she destroyed more than that.

If Trump did something like this the LW hackosphere would launch into orbit.

This is why nobody takes you seriously btw, your homerism is over the top.

Useful.

Newpublius
05-14-2017, 10:10 PM
Hillary Clinton gave the State Department the 30,490 work-related emails. Comey said the FBI “found no evidence that any of the additional work-related emails were intentionally deleted in an effort to conceal them in some way.”

Trump is probably lying, but regardless, he'll have to cough up the recordings -- just as Nixon did.

Bleachbit notwithstanding.

"Clinton’s office disclosed in March 2015 that her private server had a total of 62,320 emails. It said at that time that her lawyers went through the emails and identified 30,490 work-related emails and 31,830 private emails. In December 2014, about 21 months after she left office, Clinton gave the State Department the 30,490 work-related emails totaling roughly 55,000 pages. She said she deleted the others. “I didn’t see any reason to keep them,” she said at a March 10, 2015, press conference."

The ability to sort and have first perusal os really problematic.

Captain Obvious
05-14-2017, 10:10 PM
Useful.

People who don't get it don't get that they don't get it.

Your unwavering bias and cheerleading characteristics are really shameful.

I would be embarrassed if I hitched my wagon to one side and defended it shamelessly to this extent.

This is why democracy will never succeed, there are too many cheerleaders and not enough thinkers in the ranks.

decedent
05-14-2017, 10:15 PM
People who don't get it don't get that they don't get it.

Your unwavering bias and cheerleading characteristics are really shameful.

I would be embarrassed if I hitched my wagon to one side and defended it shamelessly to this extent.

This is why democracy will never succeed, there are too many cheerleaders and not enough thinkers in the ranks.

You always pollute threads when you panic. Sorry, but your guy is going down. It will be historic.

Captain Obvious
05-14-2017, 10:19 PM
You always pollute threads when you panic. Sorry, but your guy is going down. It will be historic.
He's not "my guy", I didn't vote for him.

Sorry to burst your pom poms.

https://media.giphy.com/media/MpHGtb8s1gwow/giphy.gif

Bethere
05-14-2017, 10:20 PM
Yeah... sure

Hillary was never president. She therefore isn't affected by either United States v Nixon or the presidential records act.

That makes your post obfuscatory bs.

decedent
05-14-2017, 10:20 PM
He's not "my guy", I didn't vote for him.

Sorry to burst your pom poms.

https://media.giphy.com/media/MpHGtb8s1gwow/giphy.gif

Meh. He's your guy. You're his biggest cheerleader. What a joke.

Captain Obvious
05-14-2017, 10:26 PM
Meh. He's your guy. You're his biggest cheerleader. What a joke.

There, that's the thing with you guys, not only are you incapable of objectivity you're incapable of recognizing it in others. In fact you feel threatened by it.

Because, this is my theory, its a personality disorder. Introverted as such that you need to define yourself based on a cookbook ideology - because of safety in numbers, you need to be part of a clique. I don't think your mind has matured to the point where you can be secure with your beliefs and not insecure when the beliefs of others are presented to you. If someone is objective you rebel against those that attack your insecurities and shut out the parts that show that a person can be objective and consider positive and negative characteristics about most things.

And I know you won't get any of this, it's part of this personality disorder.

Folks who have advanced beyond this phase of insecurity understand how objective I am. You're just not going to be one of those people and... oh well.

Bethere
05-14-2017, 10:29 PM
There, that's the thing with you guys, not only are you incapable of objectivity you're incapable of recognizing it in others. In fact you feel threatened by it.

Because, this is my theory, its a personality disorder. Introverted as such that you need to define yourself based on a cookbook ideology - because of safety in numbers, you need to be part of a clique. I don't think your mind has matured to the point where you can be secure with your beliefs and not insecure when the beliefs of others are presented to you. If someone is objective you rebel against those that attack your insecurities and shut out the parts that show that a person can be objective and consider positive and negative characteristics about most things.

And I know you won't get any of this, it's part of this personality disorder.

Folks who have advanced beyond this phase of insecurity understand how objective I am. You're just not going to be one of those people and... oh well.

That's no excuse for your blatant non sequitur in post #2. You didn't do that in an attempt to post in good faith.

Captain Obvious
05-14-2017, 10:32 PM
That's no excuse for your blatant non sequitur in post #2.

You're another one who will never be capable of opening your eyes.

You'll scream like hell for Trump to turn over tapes that may not even exist and you'll come up with every excuse in the book as to why it was ok for Rodham to destroy evidence.

Your credibility in this manner is non-existent, that was the point of post #2 - your claim of foul means nothing to me nor should it to anyone with a shred of objectivity.

It's nothing more than mental masturbation for your fellow cheeleaders.

Dismissed

decedent
05-14-2017, 10:33 PM
Because, this is my theory, its a personality disorder. Introverted as such that you need to define yourself based on a cookbook ideology - because of safety in numbers, you need to be part of a clique.

Don't worry. You can sit at the cool table now and then.

Bethere
05-14-2017, 10:44 PM
You're another one who will never be capable of opening your eyes.

You'll scream like hell for Trump to turn over tapes that may not even exist and you'll come up with every excuse in the book as to why it was ok for Rodham to destroy evidence.

Your credibility in this manner is non-existent, that was the point of post #2 - your claim of foul means nothing to me nor should it to anyone with a shred of objectivity.

It's nothing more than mental masturbation for your fellow cheeleaders.

Dismissed

"You always pollute threads when you panic. Sorry, but your guy is going down. It will be historic."--Decedent.

tres borrachos
05-15-2017, 06:32 AM
Can someone help me out here? The thread is about Republicans and Dems agreeing that if Trump has tapes, as he claimed/implied, he will need to turn them over.

How come almost every other post in here is about Hillary Clinton?

Captain Obvious
05-15-2017, 08:14 AM
Can someone help me out here? The thread is about Republicans and Dems agreeing that if Trump has tapes, as he claimed/implied, he will need to turn them over.

Pointing out the shameless hypocrisy of our resident LW hack bucket carriers.

Bethere
05-15-2017, 08:30 AM

Because the right wing at tPF is trying desperately to deflect.

Bo-4
05-15-2017, 08:48 AM
I figured it was pure Trumpian bluster and bullying at first, but after reading this? ...

Not so much :rolleyes:

Three of Donald Trump (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/donald_trump/index.html)'s former employees say they witnessed him recording phone calls at Trump Tower inNew York (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/new_york/index.html) before he became president.

The ex-employees told the Wall Street Journal (https://www.wsj.com/articles/former-employees-of-donald-trump-say-they-saw-him-tape-conversations-1494715712) that Trump had one or more recording devices that he would sometimes use to tape conversations with associates.

They claim to have seen the devices being used to record conversations when they worked for Trump as high-level employees over a period spanning 30 years.

A fourth person, who was an associate of Trump's, told the outlet he knew the then-businessman had recorded one of their conversations because it was later used as evidence in a lawsuit.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4503760/Trump-ex-employees-claim-taped-calls-Trump-Tower.html

tres borrachos
05-16-2017, 06:03 AM
Pointing out the shameless hypocrisy of our resident LW hack bucket carriers.
Okay, but who's the topic of the thread - fellow posters, or Donald Trump?