PDA

View Full Version : Sykes: If liberals hate him - Then Trump must be doing something right

Bo-4
05-15-2017, 09:30 AM
Charlie is a very smart man - the new position on the right is to forget about defending the disaster that is Trump, and sit back and laugh as liberal heads explode.

Progs might do well to tone down the bombast. Thoughts?

<snip>

Conservatives will care less about governing and more about scoring “wins” — and inflicting losses on the left — no matter how hollow the victories or flawed the policies. Ultimately, though, this will end badly because it is a moral and intellectual dead end, and very likely a political one as well.

The right’s reaction to the firing of Mr. Comey hardly bodes well. Even conservatives who are still smarting from his handling of Hillary Clinton’s emails should recognize that the timing of Mr. Comey’s abrupt dismissal in the midst of a growing investigation into Russian meddling raises fundamental questions about the rule of the law and the possibility that justice is being obstructed.

As the right doubles down on anti-anti-Trumpism, it will find itself goaded into defending and rationalizing ever more outrageous conduct just as long as it annoys CNN and the left.

In many ways anti-anti-Trumpism mirrors Donald Trump himself, because at its core there are no fixed values, no respect for constitutional government or ideas of personal character, only a free-floating nihilism cloaked in insult, mockery and bombast.

Needless to say, this is not a form of conservatism that Edmund Burke, or even Barry Goldwater, would have recognized.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/12/opinion/sunday/if-liberals-hate-him-then-trump-must-be-doing-something-right.html?_r=1

Common
05-15-2017, 12:02 PM
I agree its a great sign if liberals hate you because they will hate you for the most minute thing you disagree with them about.

Bo-4
05-15-2017, 12:14 PM
I agree its a great sign if liberals hate you because they will hate you for the most minute thing you disagree with them about.

May i point you to the time frame of 1-2009 to 1-2017?

Y'all spent 8 years hating on Obama - and somehow or another, it worked out.

Kalkin
05-15-2017, 12:46 PM
I'd be concerned if liberals weren't whining, tbh.

Mister D
05-15-2017, 01:17 PM
May i point you to the time frame of 1-2009 to 1-2017?

Y'all spent 8 years hating on Obama - and somehow or another, it worked out.

He spent much of that period hammering the "right".

decedent
05-15-2017, 02:03 PM
Trump was a revenge vote. IMHO, many people voted for him just to piss off liberals. They're regretting it.

Does anyone think that this guy knew a thing, or even cared, about Trump's platform?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U41IK1G2iWQ

decedent
05-15-2017, 02:37 PM
He spent much of that period hammering the "right".

Obama complained about partisanship from both Republicans and Democrats, and how the unwillingness to cooperate was causing chaos. Am I the only one who remembers the government shutdown?

The only reason Republicans want the ACA but not Obamacare is because Obamacare has his name on it. 100% partisanship.