PDA

View Full Version : Obama Also Shared Information With the Russians

Ethereal
05-16-2017, 11:24 AM
U.S. offers to share Syria intelligence on terrorists with Russia (https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-offers-to-share-syria-intelligence-on-terrorists-with-russia/2016/06/30/483a2afe-3eec-11e6-84e8-1580c7db5275_story.html?utm_term=.8b1c25cd4bf8)

Obama’s Syria plan teams up American and Russian forces (https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/global-opinions/obamas-syria-plan-teams-up-american-and-russian-forces/2016/07/13/8d7777cc-4935-11e6-acbc-4d4870a079da_story.html?utm_term=.e42b2acfc66c)

As Kerry pushes for coordination with Russia in Syria, others in administration cry foul (https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/as-kerry-pushes-for-coordination-with-russia-in-syria-others-in-administration-cry-foul/2016/07/12/83623008-484d-11e6-bdb9-701687974517_story.html?utm_term=.13f54ea88569)

Russian and US forces exchange military information over airstrikes against Isis (https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/17/russian-us-forces-exchange-military-information-airstrikes-against-isis-syria)

After listening to the usual suspects tell everyone how evil and stupid Trump is for sharing information with Russia, I decided to remind them of something I've known the entire time: That Obama also shared information with the Russians.

I enjoyed watching them issue all sorts of self-righteous, cocky declarations, digging themselves into a massive hole they could never hope to escape.

Now the trap is set.

How will they react, I wonder?

Ethereal
05-16-2017, 11:48 AM
The silence is deafening!

Ravens Fan
05-16-2017, 12:10 PM
This thread does nothing to further the agenda of driving a sitting president from office. I wouldn't expect much discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ethereal
05-16-2017, 12:15 PM
This thread does nothing to further the agenda of driving a sitting president from office. I wouldn't expect much discussion.

Well, when you go out on a limb like they have, it can difficult to walk back without falling off.

Captain Obvious
05-16-2017, 12:17 PM
The partisan bottom feeding lefties here have zero credibility, zero dignity and zero honesty, of course none of them will have the balls to fess up,

I honestly don't understand how anyone engages them even with minimal sincerity.

resister
05-16-2017, 12:21 PM
My goodness, not one single lefty is gonna show up to justify this? Shocked, i'm shocked, I tell you:shocked:

Ethereal
05-16-2017, 12:35 PM
So where is all the outrage?

@Safety (http://thepoliticalforums.com/members/1226-Safety), @Bethere (http://thepoliticalforums.com/members/1988-Bethere), @Casper (http://thepoliticalforums.com/members/1284-Casper), @Common Sense (http://thepoliticalforums.com/members/1085-Common-Sense), @Crepitus (http://thepoliticalforums.com/members/1345-Crepitus)

Bo-4
05-16-2017, 12:41 PM
You didn't tell me it was in a different thread in a different forum.

Not even CLOSE to comparable. This had to do with a safety mechanism to avoid a tragic mistake that could have escalated into war.

Pentagon official reveals first use of advance warning system during Russian long-range strikes in Syria to ensure no US planes put at risk

And it didn't involve confidential 3rd party information.

Keep stretching though .. it's good for ya ;-)

resister
05-16-2017, 12:43 PM

Not even CLOSE to comparable. This had to do with a safety mechanism to avoid a tragic mistake that could have escalated into war.

Pentagon official reveals first use of advance warning system during Russian long-range strikes in Syria to ensure no US planes put at risk
LOL, how do know what to compare it to?

suds00
05-16-2017, 12:43 PM
i assume you are an expert in intelligence gathering.i'm not a lefty.

MisterVeritis
05-16-2017, 12:46 PM
i assume you are an expert in intelligence gathering.i'm not a lefty.
In addition to you who else know what you refer to?

Ethereal
05-16-2017, 12:52 PM

And it didn't involve confidential 3rd party information.

Keep stretching though .. it's good for ya ;-)
I posted the exact same information in the other thread.

And you have no idea what "information" Trump did or did not share with the Russians. You just took the anonymous sources in WAPO's hit piece at face value.

At any rate, Obama shared more than just "advanced warning". If you read the articles, you will see they shared general information relating to ISIS in Syria, which is essentially the same information McMasters and Trump say was shared with the Russians.

In other words, the Trump-hating WAPO tried to sensationalize what was an example of routine information-sharing between the US and Russia and you guys fell for it.

decedent
05-16-2017, 12:53 PM
After listening to the usual suspects tell everyone how evil and stupid Trump is for sharing information with Russia, I decided to remind them of something I've known the entire time: That Obama also shared information with the Russians.

I enjoyed watching them issue all sorts of self-righteous, cocky declarations, digging themselves into a massive hole they could never hope to escape.

Now the trap is set.

Do you think the intel was declassified before Trump shared it? Do you think he consulted with the State Department first? Do you think Israel will be happy about this?

Trump's executive privilege protects him from his stupidity.

Ravens Fan
05-16-2017, 12:55 PM
Do you think the intel was declassified before Trump shared it? Do you think he consulted with the State Department first? Do you think Israel will be happy about this?

Israel seems to be fine with it and they expect to further the intelligence sharing between our countries, at least according to them.

Ethereal
05-16-2017, 12:56 PM
So the problem isn't that Trump shared information with the Russians, it's that he supposedly did it without declassifying it or consulting with the State Department first?

And I don't give a damn if Israel will be happy about this. We give them hundreds of millions of dollars every year and are the sole reason for their continued existence.

Bo-4
05-16-2017, 01:00 PM
I posted the exact same information in the other thread.

And you have no idea what "information" Trump did or did not share with the Russians. You just took the anonymous sources in WAPO's hit piece at face value.

At any rate, Obama shared more than just "advanced warning". If you read the articles, you will see they shared general information relating to ISIS in Syria, which is essentially the same information McMasters and Trump say was shared with the Russians.

In other words, the Trump-hating WAPO tried to sensationalize what was an example of routine information-sharing between the US and Russia and you guys fell for it.

Attempting to equate intel we shared on ISIS in Syria to avoid running into one another has NOTHING to do with sharing top secret third party intel about ISIL laptop bombs, where they are made and how they are made without permission.

You still don't believe every legit intel agency when they tell you Russians hacked our election and hired 1000+ fake news writers with a thumb on the scale for tRump.

So I cannot help you at this point.

MisterVeritis
05-16-2017, 01:02 PM
Trump's executive privilege protects him from his stupidity.
These are low-value questions.

The shared information did not have to be declassified for President Trump to use it. The State Department is largely comprised of Democrat holdovers. They ned to be kept in the dark to the degree possible.

Unfortunately, you have no privilege to protect you from your stupidity.

MisterVeritis
05-16-2017, 01:03 PM
Attempting to equate intel we have on ISIS in Syria to avoid running into one another has NOTHING to do with sharing top secret third party intel about ISIL laptop bombs, where they are made and how they are made without permission.

You still don't believe every legit intel agency when they tell you Russians hacked our election and hired 1000+ fake news writers with a thumb on the scale for tRump.

You continue to believe the WAPO lies.

decedent
05-16-2017, 01:05 PM
So the problem isn't that Trump shared information with the Russians, it's that he supposedly did it without declassifying it or consulting with the State Department first?

No, there are other problems. Trump probably shouldn't be sharing intel with a hostile foreign power. The White House probably shouldn't be lying about it.

And I don't give a damn if Israel will be happy about this. We give them hundreds of millions of dollars every year and are the sole reason for their continued existence.

You only seem to care about Russia.

MisterVeritis
05-16-2017, 01:06 PM
No, there are other problems. Trump probably shouldn't be sharing intel with a hostile foreign power. The White House probably shouldn't be lying about it.

In your opinion, what should a president use intelligence information for? Should you continue to lie?

Safety
05-16-2017, 01:08 PM
So where is all the outrage?

@Safety (http://thepoliticalforums.com/members/1226-Safety), @Bethere (http://thepoliticalforums.com/members/1988-Bethere), @Casper (http://thepoliticalforums.com/members/1284-Casper), @Common Sense (http://thepoliticalforums.com/members/1085-Common-Sense), @Crepitus (http://thepoliticalforums.com/members/1345-Crepitus)

Wut?

Oh, because I created a thread from a Washington Post article, now you searched to interwebs to find some sort of equivalency of Obama doing the same? That smells like something someone that is hyper-partisan would do. But let's break down what the Washington Post article posted and why there appears to be such "drama" regarding it. Someone reported that Trump shared classified information with the Russian ambassador visiting in the White House. Ok, we know that presidents are allowed to do what they want with classified information, however, this was information that even some intelligence agencies here and the source didn't authorize it's release which could affect future intelligence gathering. But then McMaster goes on air to say that was completely false, and that he was there. Ok. Then the POTUS tweets that he is allowed to share whatever he wants to Russia, and that he did.

If you don't understand why people are treating this different than some links you found of Obama's administration sharing intelligence with Russia, then all I can say is, wow.

Green Arrow
05-16-2017, 01:10 PM
From what I understand (assuming WaPo's account can be believed, and I'm not prepared to say it can be) of this case, the issue isn't that Trump shared info with the Russians, it's that he shared intelligence given to us by a partner nation without their consent. If we assume, for sake of argument, that this is true, was that also the case with the Obama administration's intelligence sharing?

Safety
05-16-2017, 01:17 PM
From what I understand (assuming WaPo's account can be believed, and I'm not prepared to say it can be) of this case, the issue isn't that Trump shared info with the Russians, it's that he shared intelligence given to us by a partner nation without their consent. If we assume, for sake of argument, that this is true, was that also the case with the Obama administration's intelligence sharing?

You just won the internets today.

Ethereal
05-16-2017, 01:20 PM
Attempting to equate intel we have on ISIS in Syria to avoid running into one another...

You keep acting like the only information they shared related to deconfliction between US and Russian forces, but if you had read the articles in full, you would realize they shared information that was meant to develop joint airstrikes against both Nusra and ISIS. In other words, apart from intelligence sharing for purposes of deconfliction, the Obama administration was sharing intelligence on Nusra and ISIS in Syria so that American and Russian forces could bomb them, sometimes together.

...has NOTHING to do with sharing top secret third party intel about ISIL laptop bombs, where they are made and how they are made without permission.

Where is your proof that the intel was "third party" or that we needed "permission" to share it with the Russians? Where is your proof that sharing it with the Russians is detrimental to US interests? Let me guess. The anonymous sources who whispered in the ears of the Trump-hating WAPO told you so?

James Clapper lied under oath, so I have every reason to doubt his claims, especially when those claims have no concrete evidence to support them.

You're the one who needs help, Bo. You have bought into a completely evidence-free conspiracy theory.

decedent
05-16-2017, 01:20 PM
Wut?

Oh, because I created a thread from a Washington Post article, now you searched to interwebs to find some sort of equivalency of Obama doing the same? That smells like something someone that is hyper-partisan would do. But let's break down what the Washington Post article posted and why there appears to be such "drama" regarding it. Someone reported that Trump shared classified information with the Russian ambassador visiting in the White House. Ok, we know that presidents are allowed to do what they want with classified information, however, this was information that even some intelligence agencies here and the source didn't authorize it's release which could affect future intelligence gathering. But then McMaster goes on air to say that was completely false, and that he was there. Ok. Then the POTUS tweets that he is allowed to share whatever he wants to Russia, and that he did.

If you don't understand why people are treating this different than some links you found of Obama's administration sharing intelligence with Russia, then all I can say is, wow.
The "your guy did it too" fallacy, but I highly doubt Obama bragged about American intel to hostile foreign powers just to boast, only to have his team lie about it.

Tu quoque (/tjuːˈkwoʊkwiː/; Latin for, "you also") or the appeal to hypocrisy is an informal logical fallacy that intends to discredit the validity of the opponent's logical argument by asserting the opponent's failure to act consistently in accordance with its conclusion(s).

Common
05-16-2017, 01:21 PM
Aww cmon NOT OBAMA cant be not the liberal GOD of GODS <snicker>

Ethereal
05-16-2017, 01:23 PM

Obama shared intel with them, too.

And what did Trump lie about? He admits he shared information with them.

You only seem to care about Russia.

Well, of the two of us, I'm the only one who risked his life serving in America's armed forces, so if we're going to get into a patriotic dick-measuring contest, you wouldn't stand a chance.

Safety
05-16-2017, 01:24 PM
Aww cmon NOT OBAMA cant be not the liberal GOD of GODS <snicker>

The brother got all of y'alls panties in a bunch, now your "GOD of GODS" is doing nothing but exposing how partisan/biased y'all were the last eight years.

Casper
05-16-2017, 01:26 PM

Now the trap is set.

Sorry but two stupid acts do not add up to a right. You might also want to keep in mind that the intel trump shared was highly sensitive and dangerous for some if it fell into the wrong hands, and trump just handed it over to the wrong hands. You can count on one thing, our allies will no longer be sharing their most sensitive intel with us so long as we have an Idiot in the Whitehouse, can anyone really blame them.

DGUtley
05-16-2017, 01:28 PM
Sorry but two stupid acts do not add up to a right. . . . . Casper - Thank you.

Safety
Obama shared intel with them, too.

And what did Trump lie about? He admits he shared information with them.

Well, of the two of us, I'm the only one who risked his life serving in America's armed forces, so if we're going to get into a patriotic dick-measuring contest, you wouldn't stand a chance.

LoL.

Ethereal
...this was information that even some intelligence agencies here and the source didn't authorize it's release which could affect future intelligence gathering.

Says who? The anonymous sources cited by the notoriously Trump-hating, Russophobic Washington Post?

Sounds credible.

But then McMaster goes on air to say that was completely false, and that he was there. Ok. Then the POTUS tweets that he is allowed to share whatever he wants to Russia, and that he did.

I do understand why they're treating it differently. They are unprincipled partisan hacks.

As for McMaster and Trump, there is no contradiction there. McMaster said that Trump shared information relating to "common threats... including threats to civil aviation" with the Russians and Trump said essentially the same thing. You only think there is a contradiction because of the Washington Post's sensationalized reporting.

Safety
05-16-2017, 01:29 PM
Says who? The anonymous sources cited by the notoriously Trump-hating, Russophobic Washington Post?

Sounds credible.

I do understand why they're treating it differently. They are unprincipled partisan hacks.

As for McMaster and Trump, there is no contradiction there. McMaster said that Trump shared information relating to "common threats... including threats to civil aviation" with the Russians and Trump said essentially the same thing. You only think there is a contradiction of the Washington Post's sensationalized reporting.

Says who? Israel. I consider them more credible than some anonymous poster on a political forum.

Ethereal
05-16-2017, 01:33 PM
We have no idea what Obama did or did not share specifically. We only have the rough outlines of their intelligence-sharing arrangement. But there is another assumption that we must make in order to draw this distinction, and that is that Trump actually needed permission to share said information. In any case, we need to make a lot of assumptions in order for the WAPO "story" to have even a semblance of legitimacy, which means it's not really legitimate.

Ethereal
05-16-2017, 01:37 PM
You just won the internets today.
Green Arrow is an honest and consistent guy, so he always wins the internets.

For example, he readily acknowledges that multiple assumptions must be made in order for the WAPO story to have even a semblance of legitimacy. Unlike some people I could mention, he didn't uncritically accept their story at face value.

Ethereal
05-16-2017, 01:38 PM
The "your guy did it too" fallacy, but I highly doubt Obama bragged about American intel to hostile foreign powers just to boast, only to have his team lie about it.

Tu quoque (/tjuːˈkwoʊkwiː/; Latin for, "you also") or the appeal to hypocrisy is an informal logical fallacy that intends to discredit the validity of the opponent's logical argument by asserting the opponent's failure to act consistently in accordance with its conclusion(s).
Except I don't think Obama did anything wrong by sharing intelligence with the Russians. You're the ones who cannot stake out a consistent position on this issue.

Ethereal
05-16-2017, 01:42 PM
Sorry but two stupid acts do not add up to a right.

Why was Obama's decision to share intel with the Russians stupid? Do you want US and Russian fighter jets to crash into one another? Are you against the US and Russia cooperating in the war on AQ and ISIS?

You might also want to keep in mind that the intel trump shared was highly sensitive and dangerous for some if it fell into the wrong hands...

So was the information Obama was sharing with the Russians. Or were you under the impression that our flight plans in Syria are not highly sensitive or potentially dangerous in the wrong hands?

...and trump just handed it over to the wrong hands. You can count on one thing, our allies will no longer be sharing their most sensitive intel with us so long as we have an Idiot in the Whitehouse, can anyone really blame them.

Our "allies" will share whatever intelligence we demand or they will get their generous welfare benefits cut off post-haste.

In case you forgot, they need us far more than we need them.

Ethereal
05-16-2017, 01:42 PM
LoL.
Something funny?

Ethereal
05-16-2017, 01:43 PM
Says who? Israel. I consider them more credible than some anonymous poster on a political forum.
Got a link to that?

Safety
05-16-2017, 01:45 PM
Green Arrow is an honest and consistent guy, so he always wins the internets.

For example, he readily acknowledges that multiple assumptions must be made in order for the WAPO story to have even a semblance of legitimacy. Unlike some people I could mention, he didn't uncritically accept their story at face value.

Cool story, brah.

Ethereal
05-16-2017, 01:46 PM
Cool story, brah.

Isn't it though?

Casper
05-16-2017, 01:51 PM
Why was Obama's decision to share intel with the Russians stupid? Do you want US and Russian fighter jets to crash into one another? Are you against the US and Russia cooperating in the war on AQ and ISIS?
Well then maybe Russian jets should stop flying so close to American Jets, Ships and Territory.
Russia is not fighting ISIS their fight is, and always has been, against those fighting Assad, you know, their Puppet running Syria.

So was the information Obama was sharing with the Russians. Or were you under the impression that our flight plans in Syria are not highly sensitive or potentially dangerous in the wrong hands?
Neither the US or Russia should be in Syria, and especially not both of us at the same time, you think they are our ally, wow.

Our "allies" will share whatever intelligence we demand or they will get their generous welfare benefits cut off post-haste.
How will we know they are not sharing their intel? You really do not understand the Israelis, if you think we can simply tell them what to do, in fact they rarely if ever do follow our orders.
In case you forgot, they need us far more than we need them.
Yes they need us, but they will not be made into fools, they can protect themselves if need be. They on the other hand have an intelligence organization in the ME that puts ours to shame, and as it is now I doubt we will be reaping much from them for a while to come, thanks to the Idiot in the WH.

Safety
05-16-2017, 01:53 PM
Got a link to that?

http://www.haaretz.com/us-news/1.789647

Ethereal
05-16-2017, 01:54 PM
So after days of ranting and raving about how it's wrong to share intelligence with the Russians, the usual suspects are trying to introduce all sorts of caveats that they never mentioned before, i.e., it's not okay to share intelligence with Russia UNLESS...

Curiously enough, all the allowable exceptions to that standard coincide perfectly with what Obama did when he was sharing information with the Russians. Must be a coincidence.

The only one who has remained consistent is Casper, but that is going to be a difficult position to maintain given the obvious merits of sharing intelligence with Russia.

AZ Jim
05-16-2017, 02:02 PM
Trump: "Why the noise? I've only asked you to let me take you and America to hell". "I've always wanted to play war with real soldiers, sure beats my toy soldiers which I gave to Baron".

decedent
05-16-2017, 02:04 PM
Except I don't think Obama did anything wrong by sharing intelligence with the Russians. You're the ones who cannot stake out a consistent position on this issue.

My position hasn't changed whatsoever.

Ethereal
05-16-2017, 02:05 PM
Well then maybe Russian jets should stop flying so close to American Jets, Ships and Territory.

We're talking about Syria specifically. US and Russian forces are operating in the same airspace, so it only makes sense that they would share intelligence with one another.

Russia is not fighting ISIS their fight is, and always has been, against those fighting Assad, you know, their Puppet running Syria.

There is no distinction between ISIS and "those fighting Assad". They are all part of the same coalition of Salafist barbarians. And I'm sorry to inform you, but multiple polls show that Assad has the most support of any faction within Syria.

Neither the US or Russia should be in Syria, and especially not both of us at the same time, you think they are our ally, wow.

Where did I say they were our ally?

How will we know they are not sharing their intel? You really do not understand the Israelis, if you think we can simply tell them what to do, in fact they rarely if ever do follow our orders.

I understand them perfectly. They need us and we don't need them. But because of their bribery of US politicians and their brainwashing of Americans, we allow them to walk all over us. If this snafu serves to harm our relationship with Israel, then so much the better. I'm sick and tired of Israel influencing our political process and our foreign policy. Let them fight their own wars for a change.

Yes they need us, but they will not be made into fools, they can protect themselves if need be. They on the other hand have an intelligence organization in the ME that puts ours to shame, and as it is now I doubt we will be reaping much from them for a while to come, thanks to the Idiot in the WH.

They need us far more than we need them. So if they want to stop sharing intelligence with us, then fine. We should respond by cutting them off completely and letting them fend for themselves. See how long it takes before they come crawling back and begging us to forgive them.

Captain Obvious
05-16-2017, 02:06 PM

Shocking...

Mister D
05-16-2017, 02:10 PM
We're talking about Syria specifically. US and Russian forces are operating in the same airspace, so it only makes sense that they would share intelligence with one another.

There is no distinction between ISIS and "those fighting Assad". They are all part of the same coalition of Salfist barbarians. And I'm sorry to inform you, but multiple polls show that Assad has the most support of any faction within Syria.

Where did I say they were our ally?

I understand them perfectly. They need us and we don't need them. But because of their bribery of US politicians and their brainwashing of Americans, we allow them to walk all over us. If this snafu serves to harm our relationship with Israel, then so much the better. I'm sick and tired of Israel influencing our political process and our foreign policy. Let them fight their own wars for a change.

They need us far more than we need them. So if they want to stop sharing intelligence with us, then fine. We should respond by cutting them off completely and letting them fend for themselves. See how long it takes before they come crawling back and begging us to forgive them.
Yup

decedent
Shocking...

Go troll somewhere else.

Ethereal
http://www.haaretz.com/us-news/1.789647

Ah, more anonymous sources whispering into the ear of a Trump-hating newspaper.

From the New York Times (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/world/middleeast/israel-trump-classified-intelligence-russia.html):

...Israeli officials would not confirm that they were the source of the information that Mr. Trump shared. In a statement emailed to The New York Times, Ron Dermer, the Israeli ambassador to the United States, reaffirmed that the two countries would maintain a close counterterrorism relationship.

“Israel has full confidence in our intelligence-sharing relationship with the United States and looks forward to deepening that relationship in the years ahead under President Trump,” Mr. Dermer said...

Boy, they sure sound miffed!

Ethereal
05-16-2017, 02:11 PM
What is your position? It's hard to tell.

Ethereal
05-16-2017, 02:15 PM
Yup
I cannot think of anything more offensive to America's national pride than our having to constantly walk on eggshells for fear of offending or upsetting a country that has a smaller size and population than New Jersey and which relies on us for almost everything relating to its national defense.

texan
05-16-2017, 02:18 PM

Now the trap is set.

Shocker....................The fake news people are absolutely as bad as they accuse him of being. Fake headlines made for shock value because Trump sells papers.

Trump needs to stop running his mouth so much. Stop throwing people that help him under the bus or nobody will work for him.

Mister D
05-16-2017, 02:19 PM
I cannot think of anything more offensive to America's national pride than our having to constantly walk on eggshells for fear of offending or upsetting a country that has a smaller size and population than New Jersey and which relies on us for almost everything relating to its national defense.
For me, it's the staggering hypocrisy of Jews worldwide but I definitely understand where you're coming from.

MisterVeritis
05-16-2017, 02:21 PM
You are consistent. Wrong, obviously. But consistent.

MisterVeritis
05-16-2017, 02:23 PM
It is a red herring. Foreign government information is protected from further dissemination without the originating agency's approval (the American agency, not a foreign government).

The President may use the information as he sees fit.

MisterVeritis
05-16-2017, 02:26 PM
Sorry but two stupid acts do not add up to a right. You might also want to keep in mind that the intel trump shared was highly sensitive and dangerous for some if it fell into the wrong hands, and trump just handed it over to the wrong hands. You can count on one thing, our allies will no longer be sharing their most sensitive intel with us so long as we have an Idiot in the Whitehouse, can anyone really blame them.
You have no idea what President Trump shared. But we do know that LTG McMaster was in the meeting. McMaster says WAPO's story is a lie. But here you are still sucking up WAPO's spit. Israel, apparently the source of the information says they are fine with the President's actions.

Ethereal
05-16-2017, 02:30 PM
Our "allies" are entanglements who constantly drag us into their foreign wars. We have NEVER needed them for ANYTHING. We are the richest, most powerful country EVER. We could withdraw from every single military agreement, bring our troops back to America, and be just fine. In fact, we'd be far better off. Not only would we have less enemies to worry about, but we'd have trillions of extra dollars to spend on our infrastructure, healthcare, education, and energy. Let those Eurasian ingrates fend for themselves.

MisterVeritis
05-16-2017, 02:30 PM
I would not be so sure of that. What they have is human intelligence sources that we may not have.

You do not know what you are talking about.

Ethereal
05-16-2017, 02:32 PM
For me, it's the staggering hypocrisy of Jews worldwide but I definitely understand where you're coming from.
Could you elaborate on that?

Mister D
05-16-2017, 02:39 PM
Could you elaborate on that?
Jewish organizations have campaigned and lobbied our governments to ease our immigration restrictions at least since the 1940s while Jewry demands a Jewish Israel? Nah. I used to be a staunch supporter of Israel but now I say fuck the Jews.

Ethereal
05-16-2017, 02:43 PM
Jewish organizations have campaigned and lobbied our governments to ease our immigration restrictions at least since the 1940s while Jewry demands a Jewish Israel? Nah. I used to be a staunch supporter of Israel but now I say $#@! the Jews.
Well, not all Jews are apologists for Israel or Zionism.

Mister D
05-16-2017, 02:47 PM
Well, not all Jews are apologists for Israel or Zionism.
Granted, but their hearts are typically with the Jewish state and I think they should be but only if other peoples are granted the same rights and considerations. They're not. Let's open Israel's borders so Israel can be nice and "diverse".

Captain Obvious
05-16-2017, 02:47 PM
Jewish organizations have campaigned and lobbied our governments to ease our immigration restrictions at least since the 1940s while Jewry demands a Jewish Israel? Nah. I used to be a staunch supporter of Israel but now I say fuck the Jews.

lech lehizdayen ya cus sair

Tahuyaman
05-16-2017, 02:58 PM
My goodness, not one single lefty is gonna show up to justify this? Shocked, i'm shocked, I tell you:shocked:

They'll up and just deny that the messiah Obama could do anything which wasn't good and holy.

MisterVeritis
05-16-2017, 03:14 PM
Anti-Semitism is on the rise again. This time Israel has nuclear weapons.

Mister D
05-16-2017, 03:16 PM
AntiSemitism is on the rise again. This time Israel has nuclear weapons.
When the rest of the world despises you maybe it's you and not the world.

MisterVeritis
05-16-2017, 03:22 PM
When the rest of the world despises you maybe it's you and not the world.
No. It is you.

Mister D
05-16-2017, 03:25 PM
No. It is you.
We'll have to agree to disagree.

MisterVeritis
05-16-2017, 03:25 PM
We'll have to agree to disagree.
Of course.

Green Arrow
05-16-2017, 04:28 PM
We have no idea what Obama did or did not share specifically. We only have the rough outlines of their intelligence-sharing arrangement. But there is another assumption that we must make in order to draw this distinction, and that is that Trump actually needed permission to share said information. In any case, we need to make a lot of assumptions in order for the WAPO "story" to have even a semblance of legitimacy, which means it's not really legitimate.

Fair points.

Common Sense
05-16-2017, 05:17 PM
None of the examples in the OP are similar to what Trump is accused of doing.

del
05-16-2017, 05:19 PM
none of the denials from the administration contradicted what wapo published

MisterVeritis
05-16-2017, 05:21 PM
What do you believe President Trump is accused of? Who is the accuser?

Ethereal
05-16-2017, 05:26 PM
I agree. But accusations absent proof are barely worth considering. Based on what we actually know, both Presidents did essentially the same thing, which was to share intelligence with Russia pertaining to ISIS in Syria.

Common Sense
05-16-2017, 05:28 PM
I agree. But accusations absent proof are barely worth considering. Based on what we actually know, both Presidents did essentially the same thing, which was to share intelligence with Russia pertaining to ISIS in Syria.
We certainly don't have enough in the way of details, but if you listen to people like Eric Erickson, what he did was serious and is worrying his close supporters.

Ethereal
05-16-2017, 05:28 PM
none of the denials from the administration contradicted what wapo published
It's kind of hard to contradict sensationalized speculation about what Russia might do with the intelligence Trump shared with them.

Ethereal
05-16-2017, 05:30 PM
We certainly don't have enough in the way of details, but if you listen to people like Eric Erickson, what he did was serious and is worrying his close supporters.
I don't know who that is, why I should care, or how his statements make Trump's known actions any different than what Obama did when he was president.

Common Sense
05-16-2017, 05:33 PM
I don't know who that is, why I should care, or how his statements make Trump's known actions any different than what Obama did when he was president.

Erickson is a con pundit who claims to know the person who leaked the info.

Erickson said...

"I am told that what the president did is actually far worse than what is being reported," Erickson wrote. "The president does not seem to realize or appreciate that his bragging can undermine relationships with our allies and with human intelligence sources. He also does not seem to appreciate that his loose lips can get valuable assets in the field killed."

Ethereal
05-16-2017, 05:35 PM

Erickson said...

"I am told that what the president did is actually far worse than what is being reported," Erickson wrote. "The president does not seem to realize or appreciate that his bragging can undermine relationships with our allies and with human intelligence sources. He also does not seem to appreciate that his loose lips can get valuable assets in the field killed."
So basically gossip with nothing to back it up. Very persuasive.

MisterVeritis
05-16-2017, 05:37 PM
EE is a neverTrumper. I am repulsed by him.

MisterVeritis
05-16-2017, 05:39 PM
Erickson said...
So let the FBI interrogate Eric. Waterboard him to get the name. Then let's interrogate the named source. Let's waterboard the source if he fails to cooperate.

Common Sense
05-16-2017, 05:46 PM
So let the FBI interrogate Eric. Waterboard him to get the name. Then let's interrogate the named source. Let's waterboard the source if he fails to cooperate.
Awesome plan...

MisterVeritis
05-16-2017, 05:49 PM
Awesome plan...
I think so. Eric is proving to be a coup supporter. So let's treat him as an unlawful enemy combatant.

Common Sense
05-16-2017, 05:50 PM
I think so. Eric is proving to be a coup supporter. So let's treat him as an unlawful enemy combatant.
You crack me up...

del
05-16-2017, 06:01 PM
It's kind of hard to contradict sensationalized speculation about what Russia might do with the intelligence Trump shared with them.

none of the denials contradicted what the wapo published.

MisterVeritis
05-16-2017, 06:01 PM
You crack me up...

Why thanks. Keep your distance.

del
05-16-2017, 06:02 PM
Why thanks. Keep your distance.
i don't think you have to worry about that

Ethereal
05-16-2017, 06:24 PM
How are you supposed to contradict speculation and hysteria?

Tahuyaman
05-16-2017, 08:55 PM

What about saying the WAPO story is completely false isn't a strong denial?

del
05-16-2017, 09:00 PM
What about saying the WAPO story is completely false isn't a strong denial?

he denied things that the wapo story never claimed had happened

Tahuyaman
05-16-2017, 09:09 PM
he denied things that the wapo story never claimed had happened

WAPO claimed things which never happened. But then that's pretty much SOP for the mainstream media today. They are fighting for ratings.

del
05-16-2017, 09:11 PM
WAPO claimed things which never happened. But then that's pretty much SOP for the mainstream media today. They are fighting for ratings.

trump admitted he did it.

maybe it was hard to hear it up by his small intestine.

Tahuyaman
05-16-2017, 09:16 PM

Just not what the partisan hacks claim he did.

resister
05-16-2017, 09:17 PM

Wow, your wit and charm just never end.:rollseyes: