PDA

View Full Version : house may have to vote on obamacare repeal again

del
05-18-2017, 04:58 PM
apparently, trump isn't the only incompetent boob on the gop side

House Republicans barely managed to pass their Obamacare repeal bill earlier this month, and they now face the possibility of having to vote again on their controversial health measure.
House Speaker Paul Ryan hasn’t yet sent the bill to the Senate because there’s a chance that parts of it may need to be redone, depending on how the Congressional Budget Office estimates its effects. House leaders want to make sure the bill conforms with Senate rules for reconciliation, a mechanism that allows Senate Republicans to pass the bill with a simple majority.
Republicans had rushed to vote on the health bill so the Senate could get a quick start on it, even before the CBO had finished analyzing a series of last-minute changes. The CBO is expected to release an updated estimate next week.
"Unaware," said Representative Jeff Denham of California, with noticeable surprise Thursday, when advised that his party leaders still hadn’t sent the bill over to the Senate. Denham was one of the House Republicans who ended up voting for the measure, after earlier in the week opposing it.
"I am on the whip team and we have a lot of conversations, but we have not had that one. So I am going to look into it," said Denham, a member of the party’s vote-counting team.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-05-18/house-may-be-forced-to-vote-again-on-gop-s-obamacare-repeal-bill

hey, it's not like they had seven years to get their shit together.

Peter1469
05-18-2017, 05:05 PM
Whatever happens they will have to vote on a new bill once the Senate is done with it.

Abby08
05-18-2017, 05:09 PM
If people want to keep their shitty Obama plans, let them, then, when they go away.....oh well, they didn't want something different/better.

exotix
05-18-2017, 05:36 PM
Notice how the GOP runs the country ... and always ... that's always ... say they are doing it for you ... sad.

Green Arrow
05-18-2017, 05:46 PM
If people want to keep their shitty Obama plans, let them, then, when they go away.....oh well, they didn't want something different/better.

If I have chronic headaches and regular headache medicine like ibuprofen doesn't work, you offer to amputate my leg. Hey, that's different. Different isn't good just because it's different.

And the GOP health plan certainly isn't "better." It's barely even different.

exotix
05-18-2017, 05:54 PM
Last time they looked like they were in a state-of-grace ... LOL

http://res.cloudinary.com/luvckye9s/image/upload/v1495148644/100_9245_yyslcb.jpg

Bo-4
05-18-2017, 06:01 PM
Impossible to gauge the incompetence & stupidity of House Pugs

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/98/4b/81/984b8155065ccf3d0844b9ea11f9f149.jpg

Common
05-18-2017, 07:56 PM
If I have chronic headaches and regular headache medicine like ibuprofen doesn't work, you offer to amputate my leg. Hey, that's different. Different isn't good just because it's different.

How do you know that

Green Arrow
05-18-2017, 07:58 PM
How do you know that

I've read the bill.

Abby08
05-18-2017, 08:05 PM

Hey, what's better, no insurance or, something that's, from what I can tell, is just a modified version of the old.

Obamacare isn't going to last forever, providers and insurers are pulling out in record numbers, I'd think, those who have it, would be happy to have a replacement when that happens.

Boris The Animal
05-18-2017, 10:25 PM

And the GOP health plan certainly isn't "better." It's barely even different.So your idea of making the government even bigger won't work either. Get the government out and let's do much better than the Euroweenies. Free market solutions and lose the burdensome regs on top of that.

Captain Obvious
05-19-2017, 12:17 AM
Bet it doesn't happen.

...next

Hal Jordan
05-19-2017, 12:55 AM
I'm waiting for either party to do something good. I'm not holding my breath.