truthmatters
11-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Lets make sure EVERYONE can vote.

The right candidates win when that happens

JohnAdams
11-06-2012, 12:51 PM
Time spent standing in line to vote - 2 hrs
Time filling out ballot- 5 min
Knowing I live in a country that allows me to vote - Priceless I am sorry you do not live in a nation which allows you to vote.

I"m sorry but I must take issue with the OP here ladies and gentlemen.

Whether intended or not. I take offense when I see such sentiments expressed as "Knowing I live in a country that allows me to vote".

It is not a "privilege" to vote.

We are not "allowed by government to vote".

The right to vote, is a God given right, which is endowed upon us, it is inherent to all free men and women, merely by virtue of the fact that they are human beings.

It is a right, it is not a privilege which is either "allowed" or not "allowed" by government.

And it is a right, which while endowed to us by our creator as free human beings, it is also a right which has been secured for us time and time again, with the blood and sacrifice of many, many, countless thousands of Americans throughout the decades and centuries.

So while yes, I will agree that it is priceless, as are all our rights.

We are allowed nothing by government.

Indeed if it were a matter of being allowed a right to vote, given that most of human governments are despotic, tyrannies, you would have no right to vote.

As history shows us that government will invariably seek to deny the citizen the exercise of any given right, particularly in a system where the exercise of a right is "allowed" or "disallowed" by government, the instant it becomes no longer convenient for government to allow the exercise of said rights.

GrassrootsConservative
11-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Voting isn't a Religious matter, haven't you heard of separation of church and state? It is a privilege given to us by living in America, and we are very lucky to be able to do so.

Be thankful for that, but don't bring God into it.

texmaster
11-06-2012, 01:11 PM

Every person who is LEGAL to vote should vote.

The "right" candidate will win :D (sorry couldn't resist)

truthmatters
11-06-2012, 01:13 PM
the right candidate is not the one who is proposing using historically failed ideas yet again

patlape
11-06-2012, 01:40 PM
I am sorry you do not live in a nation which allows you to vote.

I"m sorry but I must take issue with the OP here ladies and gentlemen.

Whether intended or not. I take offense when I see such sentiments expressed as "Knowing I live in a country that allows me to vote".

It is not a "privilege" to vote.

We are not "allowed by government to vote".

The right to vote, is a God given right, which is endowed upon us, it is inherent to all free men and women, merely by virtue of the fact that they are human beings.

It is a right, it is not a privilege which is either "allowed" or not "allowed" by government.

And it is a right, which while endowed to us by our creator as free human beings, it is also a right which has been secured for us time and time again, with the blood and sacrifice of many, many, countless thousands of Americans throughout the decades and centuries.

So while yes, I will agree that it is priceless, as are all our rights.

We are allowed nothing by government.

Indeed if it were a matter of being allowed a right to vote, given that most of human governments are despotic, tyrannies, you would have no right to vote.

As history shows us that government will invariably seek to deny the citizen the exercise of any given right, particularly in a system where the exercise of a right is "allowed" or "disallowed" by government, the instant it becomes no longer convenient for government to allow the exercise of said rights.

JohnAdams I believe we may be arguing semantics at this point. My intent, regardless of how it was read, was to express my thankfulness of being an American where my vote counts for something. There are many countries where people have no choice. I am blessed not to be there. There are many countries that people “vote” in that is for nothing (Russia, Iran, Egypt, Libya) I am thankful I am not there. I pray America never comes to that point and strongly believe that neither Liberals nor Conservatives would ever allow that to happen.
Thank you for your response none the less.
PL

truthmatters
11-06-2012, 01:44 PM
Republicans have cheated in elections for decades and that is court documented

patrickt
11-06-2012, 02:06 PM

Even the military or just dead people?

patrickt
11-06-2012, 02:07 PM

Lying again, Truthdoesn'tmatter. The Democrats are proud of their skill at cheating. I sincerely hope you're married to a Democrat.

texmaster
11-06-2012, 02:26 PM
the right candidate is not the one who is proposing using historically failed ideas yet again

You're right. 4 years of recent history proves that.

texmaster
11-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Lying again, Truthdoesn'tmatter. The Democrats are proud of their skill at cheating. I sincerely hope you're married to a Democrat.

Its amazing how many liberals deny basic truth. Look how many stories of voter intimidation and violence committed by liberals just today. Of course liberals deny all of that.

Mainecoons
11-06-2012, 02:48 PM
For decades my uncle voted Republican until he died. Since then, he always votes Democrat.

:grin:

texmaster
11-06-2012, 03:09 PM
For decades my uncle voted Republican until he died. Since then, he always votes Democrat.

:grin:

LOL!!!!!

http://handsomeclothing.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/epicpost1.gif

JohnAdams
11-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Voting isn't a Religious matter, haven't you heard of separation of church and state? It is a privilege given to us by living in America, and we are very lucky to be able to do so.

Be thankful for that, but don't bring God into it.

Really is that so?

And we would find this so called "separation of church and state" enumerated where in the Constitution?

GrassrootsConservative
11-06-2012, 06:34 PM
Yes I have heard of that lie before.

Too bad it's not found in our Constitution.

I never said it was. Voting is up to the states, not the constitution.
The constitution hints at it though, by saying our government is elected by the people and by saying a person can't be denied the right to vote because of her age, race, or sex.

Look pal, I respect your belief in God, but don't go around telling people that our right to vote is given by him.

JohnAdams
11-06-2012, 06:46 PM

Really, so we want to discuss court documented voter fraud liberals.

Ok fine, lets shall we?

Can we say Al-Gore, DNC, and filing lawsuit after lawsuit in the hopes that if we file suit long enough, we will eventually get the outcome we desire, even if that outcome is contrary to the actual vote of the people?

Can we say Eric Holder, Obama DOJ, and New Black Panthers libs?

It really is just a little bit self serving and frankly odd how some leftists every time we turn around, not only have selective memory.

But are all four discussing "court documentation" of voter theft, voter intimidation, and voter fraud.

Only so long as the court documentation we discuss, is that of Judge Wapner and the peoples court, and not a real court.

JohnAdams
11-06-2012, 06:53 PM
I never said it was. Voting is up to the states, not the constitution.
The constitution hints at it though, by saying our government is elected by the people and by saying a person can't be denied the right to vote because of her age, race, or sex.

Look pal, I respect your belief in God, but don't go around telling people that our right to vote is given by him.

Since you bring up this "separation of church and state", surely you should have zero problem being able to demonstrate where it is enumerated at within our Constitution.

Meanwhile, as we all sit back and watch you do more contortions than a Cirque De Soleil Chinese acrobat trying to find that separation of church and state in our Constitution....

Here is little more "light reading" which wholly disputes the modern liberal, un-constitutional argument you make Pal:

http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/constitution_transcript.html

http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/declaration_transcript.html (http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/declaration_transcript.html)

Look pal, I hold your liberal claptrap lies, in the utmost of contempt.

So don't be going around, falsely and (as our founding documents cited above demonstrate) incorrectly telling people their rights stem from the power and authority of government, as opposed to having been endowed to them by their creator God at the moment of their birth.

JohnAdams
11-06-2012, 07:14 PM

Really, ever heard of a little thing I like to call the U.S.S.R.?

That is after all what Barack Obama and his Democrats tell us, we should be emulating.